Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Taught You The Most...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
Roy Jr.

We had polls on villains, hated fathers and loveteams.

I think it's about time to talk about the good things.....

Edward, on devotion and loyalty to friends and family. smile.gif
asunder
QUOTE(Roy Jr. @ Jul 28 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]426669[/snapback]

I really hope it didn't take a cartoon to teach you that.
Roy Jr.
QUOTE(asunder @ Jul 28 2006, 07:22 AM) [snapback]426670[/snapback]

QUOTE(Roy Jr. @ Jul 28 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]426669[/snapback]

I really hope it didn't take a cartoon to teach you that.

Okay...... I'm not as shallow as you think.
First of all, I made this poll to know which character has the most meaningful
role. And I want to know how the characters affected the viewers.

No offense taken from you? I don't really know.
Penelopa the Pegasus
Izumi. With her discipline, but meanwhile wisdom, and clear thinking, cold blood... And to not use things more than they are needed.

Also Al - incredible ability of sacrificing own life, forgiving... ^*^

Maybe it didn't teach me this at all. But i feel some worship to them for it.
Colette
Izumi.

Because I actually learned new things from her >>
Packy
Riza - that even though you hide behind a strong exterior, theres always a gentle side hiding somewhere (Only thing I could think of)

Greed - Although you're disliked by others there are still people who care for you. (I know that from experience)
La Femme Rigolotte
Roy- on procrastinating and being an arrogant, but luffable, idiot~! <3

Izumi- on how to make weapons from anything, wooden spoons, fists, you name it, I can now cause bodily harm with it.

Seriously though:
Hughes- concerning the importance of matters of the family
Lysander
Ed because he's determined to right his wrongs and he always helps people even though he doesn't know them. happy.gif
Roy_San_Luver
Al-on trust...even though he can trust someone to much
22-250
No one in the series taught me anything!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

No, seriously.
Roy Jr.
QUOTE(22-250 @ Jul 28 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]426897[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

No, seriously.

Seriously? laugh.gif

Hahahahaha. Nice one. smile.gif
Kyo Kusanagi
Hughes' love for his family made me think of what a family should be in terms of singular unity alone. I don't think I've ever seen such a vibrant example of a unconditionally loving father.
22-250
QUOTE(Roy Jr. @ Jul 29 2006, 02:40 AM) [snapback]426950[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

No, seriously.

Seriously? laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm serious. If you learn life lessons from a comic book, that's when you know something is wrong.
Roy Jr.
QUOTE(22-250 @ Jul 29 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]427236[/snapback]

QUOTE(Roy Jr. @ Jul 29 2006, 02:40 AM) [snapback]426950[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

No, seriously.

Seriously? laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm serious. If you learn life lessons from a comic book, that's when you know something is wrong.

Ak........... biggrin.gif
Automne
And 22-250 is right! ohmy.gif Stuff like for Hughes and/or Ed and Al can make you emo on the moment, but if this is something you didn't know was important, then I'm kind of worried...
Edamame
Edward for his undying determination and his loyalty, and Hughes for his unconditional love aimed at those he cared about. Hoenheim as well for stating that there is beauty in imperfection.
Roy Jr.
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Jul 30 2006, 07:50 AM) [snapback]427354[/snapback]

And 22-250 is right! ohmy.gif Stuff like for Hughes and/or Ed and Al can make you emo on the moment, but if this is something you didn't know was important, then I'm kind of worried...

Ne-chan, plz read:
1st page 3rd post.
AMAG_Chic
Who do I think has the most meaningful role? I would have to say Edward and Alphonse. I liked how Ed and Al dealt with every hardships that came in their way. I also liked how they continued to pursue their goals, even when people believed that it was impossible.
DantElric
ed inspired me.
esp with that roze stuff.
what'd he say again?
"you have two legs, get up and use them"
or something like that.

but really, there's a lot to learn.
particularly about family.
so all the characters are significant to me. smile.gif
xxEnvyxx

I chozed ENVY coz He/She taught me how to be tough & Strong!!!
Lyk when ur loved one or special one leaved you w/out returning back!!!
We juz hav the same experience that'z why...
Well,that's all.... :3
Sin Of Envy
QUOTE(dantelric @ Aug 18 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]434126[/snapback]

ed inspired me.
esp with that roze stuff.
what'd he say again?
"you have two legs, get up and use them"
or something like that.

Exactly, I got those words stuck in my head since I heard them.
As for the topic question, I choosed Al....
Wrath V
[attachmentid=6744]I cannot choose someone that teaches me something for life... everyone of them teaches you something, Ed and Al reminds me to be kind to my brother, Roy... well... he is a military that must obey every single order... but he swears that he wouldn't obey orders without sense, the other ones teaches something too but there is too much to be learned and my head is overloaded so... that's all....
GREEDisGOOD
I would definetely saw Ed. His perception of Equivalent Exhcange, his realization that his dreams aren't the only things that matter, and his eventual statement: "I thought I didn't need to believe in things...I was wrong." I could go on and on about this subject, but i won't.
pawnedbyme
Ed he taught me i had to move on and forget about my baby toys.
EdoElric88
QUOTE(GREEDisGOOD @ Jan 14 2007, 04:23 PM) [snapback]494121[/snapback]
I would definetely saw Ed. His perception of Equivalent Exhcange, his realization that his dreams aren't the only things that matter, and his eventual statement: "I thought I didn't need to believe in things...I was wrong." I could go on and on about this subject, but i won't.

I agree with this guy!!!
Platinum_Alchemist
Edward I say. How he first cares so much for Al, and seeming will do anything to right the wrong they did trying to bring their mom back. And how he will die trying, so moving -sniff- And how Alchemist don't believe it unproveablr conspects, I totally agree with him on that!
Becca-chan
Hmm.. I kind of figured most people would choose Ed as being the one that taught them the most life lessons O_o;
Al and Hughes would of taught me something if I didn't already know them..sorry guys ^^;

But Shou has taught me that people aren't always as evil as they seem.. it could be that they were very smart and had a right idea about things.. they just went about doing them all wrong and ended up being seen as a monster in other people's eyes.
And when they tried to fix the things they did wrong in the first place.. it just didn't work that way and made them go insane.

Another lesson I would of mentioned ( but already knew) was that you must never put your work over your family and friends ( even though most working parents do that every day..) because one day.. you may end up losing your family or friends to different circumstances..and while you can recreate a work document ( although not always.. << .... >> ) you can never remake a loved one once they're lost..

And once you finally realise it.. you're left with nothing.. the only thing you're left with is guilt and painful regret..
ehxhfdl14
Ed. Having a bond with someone so strong that you'll die for them is something else.
Even if you are 'just a normal person', you can do incredible things for someone you love deeply.
shugrrl
can't choose tongue.gif
Indignant Judgment
I would say Alphonse but Ed has taught me some too, Al had shown me that there is always a more optimistic way of looking at things, such as [spoiler]the Secret in Lab 5, to find another way to create the stone[/spoiler] happy.gif
Chiisana
I don't think any of them taught me anything?
But I'm kinda amazed by Edward how much he worked in order to fulfill his 'dream'/goal. Especially right before (anime) he took his State Alchemist exam, with the study at Tucker's house. All the books are that thick, and he read them with full concentration o.o That's sugoi... Wish I could do that me too >_>

Alchemical
Even though I really don't like her much, I honestly think Izumi taught me the most. After all, she taught Ed and Al, and she has so many good morals.
Envy II
Envy... lol.

Just kidding. O_O

I had my morales before watching and reading Fullmetal Alchemist. I liked Ed's persistance, but he learned just like me that persistance means nothing. It gets you no where. sleep.gif

Yet I'm still persistent, lol. Ridiculous.
Winter Phantom
Edward,Izumi,Riza,maybe Pinako (from the childhood episodes) and Hughes.Scar maybe...
Izumi Curtis
When I saw Izumi, I said to myself: “Do you see? Here are you”.
Our life is intricate as much as we permit it to intricate. Am I right?
I won’t talk, that my life is ...., and so on. But I have a lot of mistakes and I try correct them.
I = Izumi in YOUR world.
But there is a little difference, I can’t use alchemy here )) Bad luck ))
So, when I was watching FMA, I was seeing myself with my mistakes like at the screen.
musical alchemist
Roy-Although the past should be apart of you, it should always run your life/

QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Jul 28 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]426821[/snapback]
Riza - that even though you hide behind a strong exterior, theres always a gentle side hiding somewhere (Only thing I could think of)

and same here =)
MaiShadowAlchemist
They all thaugh me something, Al whit his love and loyalty to Ed, Winry in the thought times she was there, Izumi so strong and how she protected her loved ones, Roy he was always so secure about himself, Hughes his devotion and love for his family *sniff*, Riza she was always there next to Roy, Nina her love for her father *bastard* and the Elric bross she never stop beliving, Pinako so strong and secure, Trisha she loved so much her boys she wanted to protected them, Hohenhain his love for his family,Alphonse H. he never quit, Dorochet Mart and Law so loyal, Sig he loved Izumi so much.
But if there was someone who taught me a lot it was Ed, I will never forget when he said to Rose "You have 2 legs, get up and walk" *I think*, so many things he have said and all of them have really make me reflect, He is strong, persistan, loyal,he never gives up, I really admire him, and just like Izumi Curtis say sometimes when I see him I see myself my mistakes, my looses, my victorys, my struggles. And sometimes were very diferent but at the same time so equal, and when we follow our dreams sometimes so close and sometimes so far, I know many people thinks I am just an crazy and obsesed about FMA *Ed* it because he is amazing and because it has taugh me so much.
Today I felt writing like this.
Evileo
I don't suppose I can name only character who taught me the most. They all taught me something.
It's better to say that I learnt the most from FMA. All characters have their stories. All of them can teach. But the most important thing I've learnt from FMA is that our world has more then 2 colors. Besides white and black there are many other colors. And even those two have many tints.
I can't say Scar's a bad guy. It's awful what has happened with his folk. Also I can't say Mustung's bad guy even if he killed Winry's parents (in anime). Tim Marcoh who made a fake Philosopher's stone that caused a lot of people's deaths...In the end Elric brothers who breaks strict law to see their mom's smile one more time...I can't certainly say who is really bad or who is actually good. The life's very cruel. And if you can't strive with merciless stream then you'll sink.
I expect most of the people here will say that they knew it all before. But I used to separate things into white and black. So I've really learnt this lesson from FMA well.
Menelvir
I picked Ed. Not sure why though. There's something to learn from everyone... From Ed, that it's okay to make mistakes, as long as you keep moving forward and not think, "Oh, I've messed up, time to give up."

Roy: that you don't have to play by the rules all the time. There are times where you have to stand up for what you KNOW is right. Just because you are a dog of the military doesn't mean you can't change things.

Winry/Riza: that despite their silences and false bravado, boys ultimately still need the support of close friends. And sometimes, being the best friend of a guy can be quite exasperating, but in the end, when you see your troubled guy friend smile after his troubles are over, it's all worth it. I gained a lot of encouragement from her conversation with Hughes (at Elysia's birthday party), and from Riza's undying loyalty to her superior, because I'm the kind of girl who somehow spends a lot of time in the company of guy friends...

Hughes: that curiousity does kill the cat sometimes. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't interfere with what you think isn't right...
The random alchemist
I think I learn the most from all the homunculi. Like how anything can be edible and how stabbing a man onces in the chest garantees instant death.

But back to serious matters I think I learn the most from Ed and Al as they bring a great deal of themes into question during the anime and manga series of Fullmetal Alchemist.
GREEDisGOOD
This is what makes this show so great and better than any I've ever seen. It's not just the couple main characters that grow through the show and teach us things, just about every person in this show can teach us something.
Firearm Alchemist
Riza.Strict, Sharpshooter yet has a kind side...It's what I call balance.
Omamori
Ah geez...where to begin...?

I didn't learn anything from FMA, but I did notice several lessons and whatnot that could be learned from the series. For instance, the tight bond Al and Ed have as brothers; I was incredibly touched by it and it could teach, I dunno..., that you should get along with your siblings or something? Just what I think.

Anyway, I suppose you could say that Edward effected me the most with his persistance, determination, and strong love for his family. That's my two cents.
fullmetalsan
Ed with his hardcore determination.
swirlees
personally, i didn't learn anything from just one person. it's like all the different sayings like "all is one, and one is all" or "you have two good feet, now get up and use them" not sure if that's the exact quote laugh.gif but it's like i learned something from each of them.
Winry Elric
Hughes definitely^^ He's a loyal friend, knows the importance of family, and gives advice and helps his friends^^ He also keeps a cool head in stressing situations.
KenRik
That's easy, it's Ed. happy.gif And I really love him for that. you know, being passionate and determined all the same. But amidst this, it's really awesome to see his weak points. especially in the episode with barry the chopper. My mouth was hanging open when I watched it. I wanted to scream, "ED! WHAT's HAPPENING?!" but then later on, i realized. WOw. that was cool. Character development. ^^

ROck on ED!!! And no matter what dimension you're at, I'll always be a loyal fan!! laugh.gif
angelstar2408
Edward.... obviously because he taught me how to never give up and have more inner strength. Oh yeah!!! biggrin.gif
Mhacy
Edward..
it is only not determination.
but his concern about his younger brother. the bonding between them..
and how he wants to bring Al back to their normal bodies..
it touched me, I, personally was the eldest sister in my family..
and Ed taught me how to be a responsible sister to my siblings.
maybe that's why i really like him. biggrin.gif
Forsaken Love
Both Ed and Al. I love their brotherly bond. I think Ed for trying to make up for the past, and excepting his sin and even sacrificing his own arm for his brother, thats some bond, and Al because he's so forgiving and really patient given the body he has to put up with, lol and Al is just an all round really nice character XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.