Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Survey: As A Student, What Are Your Most Common Problems?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Amethyst Sunset
Basically...all you have to do is state what are your most common problems - or just your most common problem - as a student, whether you're currently one or if you've already passed through that stage.

You don't have to give away your real names, locations, etc. Just the problems. My partner and I promise (and wish) to keep your identities confidential.

Thanks!
~Amethyst Sunset
Semi-obsessed fangirl of several different anime guys
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I'm a college student and there's one problem. Time
Tombow
Parking. (Probably not the kind of answer you're looking for.) laugh.gif
Chiyo
University student going into my final year...and I suppose my biggest problem is getting hold of the right research materials. I have to use journal articles, but sometimes none are on what I'm studying.
Chibka
I would also have to say time. 24 hours is just not enough.
Sodaash__SASU
I'm in Grade 8, and my most common problems are lots of homework, annoying friends, and oh yes. Time!

I wish my days were longer than it is now ,,

// Did I spell right?
Toby-Chan
Waking up early.
MasterKris
My problem would be forgetting materials easily and too many quizes & homework. (mostly in math)
Quistis88
Things I have qualms about regarding post-secondary education:

- Time (not enough)
- Tuition fees
- Sleep deprivation due to insufficient time
- Amount of work required in research
- Parking
- Large class sizes (but only the large ones)
Chiyo
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jul 29 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]427052[/snapback]

- Tuition fees

Tell me about it. Costs just keep going up, they lend you more but that means you have to pay more back. I'll be leaving University with around 12000 of debt. I know you don't start paying it back until you earn enough but I don't want to have debt for the rest of my life.
Miyuki-chan
As a 5th grader here's my problems:
studying for the first periodical test
stupid homeworks
dealing some secret admirers happy.gif
class report
time (not enough)
annoying seatmates (sometimes)
Roy Jr.
As a 5th grader:

Sleep.
Homeworks(crud).
Projects.
Periodical & achievement exams.
Maintaining the balance between play and work basically.

Anyway Miyuki-chan, I never thought i'd find someone as young as me in this site!!! laugh.gif
Miyuki-chan
QUOTE(Roy Jr. @ Jul 31 2006, 03:41 AM) [snapback]427643[/snapback]

As a 5th grader:

Sleep.
Homeworks(crud).
Projects.
Periodical & achievement exams.
Maintaining the balance between play and work basically.

Anyway Miyuki-chan, I never thought i'd find someone as young as me in this site!!! laugh.gif

me either laugh.gif I'm still 10 yrs.old though, turning 11 this coming September 19 smile.gif
ch0c0_kHittY
ehh...
im in high-skewl, n the problems are:
-teacher who cant teach
-balancing academic life and social life (major one)
-oh yes, and time happy.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Jul 31 2006, 04:28 AM) [snapback]427618[/snapback]
- Tuition fees
Tell me about it. Costs just keep going up..
And, the cost of books!! dry.gif
Penelopa the Pegasus
Yep. The cost of books, unpleasant atmosphere [everyone around jumping to each other's throats and arguing about marks X________x], teachers calling us a... umm, I'll resist from quoting. ;s
Fayth Prophecy
QUOTE(ch0c0_kHittY @ Aug 1 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]427893[/snapback]

ehh...
-teacher who cant teach

I agree.

And the homework!
And don't forget if you have a job. That can get in the way of things.
Amethyst Sunset
QUOTE(Fayth Prophecy @ Aug 1 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]427908[/snapback]

QUOTE(ch0c0_kHittY @ Aug 1 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]427893[/snapback]

ehh...
-teacher who cant teach

I agree.

And the homework!
And don't forget if you have a job. That can get in the way of things.

Is it really that bad, being a working student? I plan to be one when I go to college so I can raise enough money for my tuition fee and my cosplaying fund

Heh, thanks so much for the answers, guys. happy.gif I shall finish my project and it's all thanks to you...but this thread can still be used as a rant thread for school stuff, maybe? biggrin.gif Just a suggestion.
psychohippie
usually, i barely make it to the bus because they leave like 3 mins. after school ends.
Lysander
Yay! Ranting: My school has high standards and they will put you on probation if you're failing.... wacko.gif
Packy
QUOTE(psychohippie @ Aug 1 2006, 09:42 AM) [snapback]428042[/snapback]

usually, i barely make it to the bus because they leave like 3 mins. after school ends.

I know what you mean - the buses at my previous school did that...

My Problems
-Cranky Teachers
-Homework
-Getting up early
-Making a mad-dash to the bus
-Struggling to stay awake in class from early-ness
-State tests Make it stop!

My 6th Grade english teacher was evil >_< She tipped over a kid's desk on purpose and started yelling at him saying it was his fault the desk fell ohmy.gif
Chiyo
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 1 2006, 07:58 AM) [snapback]427897[/snapback]

- Tuition fees

I know someone studying law and his study books can cost up to 100!
Ice Blizzard
Teachers and Homework
Chiyo
Oh, when I was in school I had a teacher who was off her rocker, but of course the other teachers wouldn't believe us.

Then she trapped us in her classroom one day as kids from other rooms were bothering her. Then on a exam day (drama, so it was a day of acting) she spent about 3 hours of it looking for things that had nothing to do with us. THEN they believed us.

So, I think thats one, teachers not believing students (I know many students do exagerrate, but when you have a whole class complaining you have to suss something).
Spades.n.Blades
QUOTE(Ice Blizzard @ Aug 2 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]428362[/snapback]

Teachers and Homework

Same Here
Lysander
The whole school is out to get us! They even assigned colors to what we're supposed to wear in our hair and they cut in HALF your jewelry if it's not "proper school uniform".
worlgirl
I'm going into 8th grade and my problem is people try to get me to wear skirts,dresses, and also to get me to wear my hair down in class or to wear makeup which will never happen.
Galorfilinde
I'm going to the 2nd year of my study Multimedia Design
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 1 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]427897[/snapback]

- Tuition fees
I totally agree. You almost can't afford it if you don't have a job. Not to mention the $1200 Laptop I had to buy for my school. We weren't allowed to buy a cheaper one, we had to buy this expensive one. As if things aren't expensive enough already!

I always have prolems with planning things. I begin too late with almost everything.

The bus. I hate it when you have to depend on the bus. I have to wait 45 minutes every morning for the next one.

Getting up early is also one of my main problems. I've missed the bus a lot last year tongue.gif
Sharingan Serpent
I find bulling the most common one...because no matter what I try to do to help they just bully me anyways...in a way that seems strange to me... and the fact that I give the person a compliment...is that strange or is it just me... blink.gif
Roy Mustard
I'm a college student. My problems are always changing classes and leaving text books and important notes in desks, and having too little homework time. I forget stuff easily too, and I lose my locker keys sometimes too even!
I don't really care about my college not allowing for loose hair, jewelery and all earrings except for smple studs.

So my main problem is forgetting...and not giving homework on time.
shiro-chan
sleep

sleeping at 3 am and waking up at 4:30 am. what do you expect?

sugar

i don't have enough to keep myself awake all day

time

not enough time for homework and manga

algebra

functions and imaginary numbers are too much for a sophomore to take

memory

i can't remember all those homeworks and exams but i can remember the exact word where i stopped
reading manga
Lee_1995
As a 6th grader:
Time,sleep,no homework,behavior,projects etc.
Envy II
Sleep. I don't get enough. It's partially my fault... but getting up is not the thing for me.

My mind. I can't do math very well, and I have trouble focusing and learning things... Plus I can't memorize very well. (unless it's music. XD)

Homework and my inability to do it.

Procrastination. It's purely my choice to be a procrastinator... but it definitely gets in the way.

Also playing an instrument I don't care about... (trumpet.) That has gotten in the way so much. Next year I won't have to deal with it anymore...
Naivete
Sleep- I find it difficult to fall asleep.

Procrastination- that "Meh, I'll do it later" phrase.

Also playing an instrument I don't care about... (trumpet.) That has gotten in the way so much. Next year I won't have to deal with it anymore...

Same thing here, except it's piano. I'm going to drop it as soon as I pass the grade test.

Planning- I don't really think I know the meaning of "organized". wacko.gif

Bags- Too heavy!! x.X
instantmirage
the tutors
some of the teachers are just making everything seems hard for me to learn what they have taught. either it is their attitude toward the students or i just don't like the way they teach.

time management
procrastinate is my addiction; once i left my works, i will completely abandon it. i need to set my self a time table and be sure to do what i supposed to

schedule
i have class in morning, and night, at noon i work...

it took me 45 minutes from home to school, and 20 minutes from the office where i work to school

social life in school
since i am so busy with all that. i cant get time for social and extracurriculars, but then, every employer is looking for people with so-called-life.

akh... ohmy.gif
Colette
Caring

._.

ゆきえいり
Sleep- Don't get enough
Schedule- Hectic
Social Life- Sucks
Spanish- Failing
Food- Nasty!!!!
Time- Not enough
Friends- Always arguing
A Pierrot's Aria
Time - It just seems to fly by! I have a terrible habit of procrastinating when it comes to essays! (I never procrastinate with anything else, though!)

Money/tuition fees - Books are terribly expensive! And Budgeting can be difficult. Tuition fees are extortionate (so I feel sorry for those having to pay the newer fees in 2012). After I leave uni, I'll be over in 15,000 in debt! ><

Missing family and friends - I still feel homesick and miss my family and friends.

When things go generally wrong - When everything seems to go dreadfully wrong in general, it can be very dispiriting!
Razzy
As a senior in high school, I would say my main problem is being in school at all. I guess that means my problem is just senioritis. tongue.gif

But more problems I have:

Procrastination

Trying to stay awake in class

State exams- complete nonsense; because of the state exams, the teachers here just teach enough so kids can pass these exams, and not much else. It's really annoying. I don't mind AP exams as much, because they will actually be helpful beyond high school.

I'm sure I'll be worrying a lot about money in college.
kazare
As a Senior High School, here are my common problems:
1. Studies - Teachers just like to load all homework at the same day.
2. Friends - you just want to be with them. And school really sucks without them. For short peer pressure.
3. Time - it's like you just want to get 40 hours a day to study, sleep, and be online everyday. biggrin.gif
4. Money - You wand to go on a shopping trip with friends but you don't have any of this.
5. Social Life - while still in high scool you are still full of insecurities ...
6.Pressure - it is just like that. School is not school without these .
7. Exams- this is just less fun. Curse those who invented these.
8. Recitation - In a world where this is 40 per cent of my grades... Hell I am unnerved everytime I need to speak on a lot of people
Lucky Lucy
Time-I've got a lot of homework and I never seem to get it all done. And I'm always late. I'm also very tired. High school isn't as great as I thought. sad.gif
Mhacy
Time I bet many students or most of the students got a problem with time, first is tardiness, getting up so early in the morning, for me, was the hardest thing to do and I'm a slow-person so I took a great amount of time putting my things in order. The reason why I was often late during our first subject. (I got my lowest grade from that subject =_=). The second reason is that I stay up late to finish presentations and homeworks, sometimes I didn't sleep at all, the next morning I can't organized things that way I want or the way I planned. (Professors just don't give enough damn time to finish their requirements)

Procrastination Sometimes rather than doing anything important (research, review, assignments), I do unnecessary things like playing video games and watching t.v. XD

Exams I just hate reviewing, my favorite hobby is to cram during midterm and finals exams and shockingly, I get a passing scores. XD

Money The tuition fee in college is incredibly expensive, I doubt that we can afford it without my scholarship. The projects and miscellaneous expenses in the academy is sort of expensive too. Looking for money gives me terrible headache during my first two semesters in college.

Missing my dad In order to give us opportunity to enter prestigious schools, my father went to another country for his job. I longed to be with him everyday and he's my inspiration during exams and stuff.

I guess that's all, I do have lots of problem in school but most of them are insignificant.
eccentric_intellectual
As a junior in University Engineering, my biggest problem is, I basically live in school and never sleep. So yea, those of you in high school, if you think you don't sleep now, forget what the word sleep means when you get to College.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.