Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Music News Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Carnal Malefactor
Here's where all discussion of recent events in the music world, as well as any new releases you wish to talk about will go from here on out.
===============

I got some bad news yesterday... Mike Scalzi left Hammers of Misfortune. sad.gif
Slashrose1010
WHAT?! Are you cereal? Why would he do such a thing? >.< I love his vocals for Hammers... They are no longer fantabulous now that he is gone sad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
If there's a silver lining, it's that he left to concentrate on Slough-Feg, because they'll be doing a lot more touring now.
Slashrose1010
I suppose, but I actually like Hammers a great deal more than I like Slough Feg... Do you know if the band will still continue to make music without him, possibly looking for a new vocalist?
JoshP1389
Rivers Cuomo clebrated his birthday and got hitched not too long ago to (obviously) a Japanese woman named Kyoko Ito. He proposed to her in Tokyo and married in Florida at some secluded beach. Previous bassists (except Mikey Welsh, from the Green Album) and guitarist (Jason Cropper) were reunited, forming one big Weezer group. Cuomo says that he continues to keep the band on hiatus, but most likely will retire Weezer all together.

It's a shame. He also says that he won't be doing any sort of side-project either. Oh well, many cheers on your marriage and birthday.

---

Also, the Strokes released their new single, "You Only Live Once", today from their recent album First Impressions of Earth.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Void @ Jul 26 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]425923[/snapback]

laugh.gif Kinda thought so anyway.
Slashrose1010
lmao, I always liked BSB more anyway tongue.gif and they're all straight... *shifty eyes*

Nov, the vocalist of Japanese metal band Volcano, has left the band.

Metallica plans on releasing another bad album. Woohoo.
JoshP1389
Lance Bass gay is no news.

;)
The RZA
slash how come u hav a avatar of Snoop D-O Double G & a sigg of 50 snitch
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Mahou_Alchemist @ Jul 27 2006, 06:00 PM) [snapback]426329[/snapback]

slash how come u hav a avatar of Snoop D-O Double G & a sigg of 50 snitch

Slash loves his irony. He would make love to irony if it was possible.
The RZA
so he's usin an avatar & sigg of rappers, but hates rap
Carnal Malefactor
You said it, not me.
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Mahou_Alchemist @ Jul 27 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]426370[/snapback]

so he's usin an avatar & sigg of rappers, but hates rap

IRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONYIRONY

Also, there may be hope for fans of the Pixies who desired a long-awaited album, as for the band has decided to play around with what genres they feel are comfortable. So hopes of at least a demo session/recording is possible.
Carnal Malefactor
In other news, conservatives are incapable of making good music.
JoshP1389
You have to admit though, that it is pretty goddamn annoying of all teens, who can't vote, trying to become pre-anti Bush and rebels because it's the "in" thing to do.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Jul 30 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]427348[/snapback]

You have to admit though, that it is pretty goddamn annoying of all teens, who can't vote, trying to become pre-anti Bush and rebels because it's the "in" thing to do.

Better than them towing the neocon line that everything Bush does is good and right.
Slashrose1010
New Blind Guardian release form their new album, A Twist in the Myth. A video for their song, Another Stranger Me.

Enjoy. This song rocks \m/
Carnal Malefactor
I love the premise for the video. It kinda reminds me of DCOTE... But the acting is so baaaaad!
Carnal Malefactor
Dissection frontman Jon Nödveidt killed himself.
As rumours have started to spread we feel obliged to confirm Jon Nödtveidt's death.
Jon Nödtveidt was a man who lived his life according to his convictions and True Will. A couple of days ago he chose to end his life by his own hands. As a true Satanist he led his life in the way he wanted and ended it when he felt that he had fulfilled his self-created destiny. Not everyone will have understanding or acceptance for his personal path in this life and beyond, but all must respect his choice.

Those of us who have met him in his last days can assure that he was more focussed, happier and stronger than ever. It is our full conviction that he left this world of lies with a scornful laughter, knowing that he had fulfilled everything that he had set up for himself to accomplish. The empty space that he leaves behind will be filled with the dark essence that he manifested through his life and black-magical work. His legacy and Luciferian Fire will live on through those few who truly knew him and appreciated his work for what it really was and still is. As our brother's goal in life and death never was to "Rest in Peace", we will instead wish him victories in all battles to come, until the Acosmic Destiny has been fulfilled.

For the glory of the Dark Gods and the Wrathful Chaos!

from the official Dissection website

I don't know how to feel about this. I practically worship the first two Dissection records, but the newest one, Reinkaos, is just embarassingly bad. I'd consider suicide too, if I had my name attached to that turd.
Slashrose1010
It's official, Hammers of Misfortune have a new line-up!

This was taken directly off of their official myspace:

"Hammers Of Misfortune has a new line up! First of all, original drummer Chewy has returned to the fold. This is great news and we are thrilled to have him back!

As for Vocals, we have two new members, Patrick Goodwin (Dirty Power) is playing guitar and assuming duties as our male lead vocalist. Jesse Quattro (Secret Chiefs 3, Carniceria) is our new Female vocalist. We're very excited to have Chewy back, and some excellent new voices in the band. We expect this line-up to be our best yet. This line-up is confirmed to debut at the South By South West showcase in Austin TX, in March of '07. There will undoubtedly be shows prior to this, but they are a secret at the moment...

Hammers Of Misfortune official line-up:

Chewy - drums
Ron Nichols - bass
John Cobbett - guitar, etc.
Sigrid Sheie - piano, organ
Patrick Goodwin - voice, guitar
Jesse Quattro - voice, etc."
Carnal Malefactor
Immolation Prepares To Record New Album; Comment On New Material
(Source: Blistering.com)

Death metal stalwarts Immolation are currently fine-tuning the tracks for their much-anticipated new album. The band is currently holed up at drummer Steve Shalaty's house in Ohio prepping their new material, which is shaping up to be very aggressive and much more intense than their past work. The group will make their way over to Millbrook, NY by week's end to meet with Paul Orofino, the band's producer for their last four records, at Millbrook Sound Studios.

Robert Vigna (guitars) describes his thoughts on the new material: "We are really excited. The songs are shorter but pack more of a punch. They kick you hard right from the start and leave you pummeled by the end! It's definitely a darker, meaner album. I think the fans are going to go apeshit when they hear these tracks."

Ross Dolan (vocals, bass) further states: "The new stuff definitely has a very dark feel but does not let up on the heaviness or intensity at all. There is a hint of both the last two records in the new songs, but they are coming from a completely different approach. They are going to knock you on your ass!"

...Don't you wish that just once, a band would say, "Yah, we're not doing anything particularly new or exciting on this new album... basically the same shit we've been doing for 10 years."

Looking forward to it, without a doubt. Even though Harnessing Ruin was a bit of a letdown.
Slashrose1010
I guess, if a band has a good thing going for them. I haven't really listened to much Immolation, though.

I don't have an article or anything, but just in case no one already knew, Demilich is broken up now =( *heard by word of mouth, do don't take it as 100%*
Carnal Malefactor
Uh, yah... Demilich only reunited to play this last slate of gigs. They weren't planning to do anything afterwards.

Glad I got to see them. Even if the club did cut their set short dry.gif
Slashrose1010
Speaking of bands not sticking to a good thing, this may be one of them, but I have faith! Here is some info from the official Vintersorg site:

"The new album, 'Solens Rötter', is nearly recorded, some bass is missing. Still we've started to mix the album at Ballerina Audio with the engineer Nils Johansson. It has taken some time to completed this album but it hasn't been about not having ideas; instead it has taken us some time to understand what kind of album we wanted to do and how to reach that vision. A more ethnic approach is obvious but still with a fresh vibe as we see it ourselves, hymn-like passages mixed with soothing parts, acoustic guitars are present as well as harsh black metal elements; all filtered through our Nordic minds. But don't expect 'The Focusing Blur' part II; new ideas are very present but the songs feels very fluent and bear the atmosphere of nature in all its forms.

Some songtitles for the album: 'Kosmosaik', 'Naturens Mystär', 'Vad Aftonvindens Andning Viskar', 'Spirar och Gror', 'Strålar'."

Some extra info off the unofficial Vintersorg MySpace:

VINTERSORG recently extended its worldwide recording contract with Napalm Records "to include multiple releases," according to a posting on the Napalm web site.

The follow-up to 2004's "The Focusing Blur", "Solens Rötter" will not feature contributions from Steve DiGiorgio (SADUS, SEBASTIAN BACH, TESTAMENT, DEATH) and drummer Asgeir Mickelson (SPIRAL ARCHITECT, BORKNAGAR), both of whom performed on the band's last two releases.

Vintersorg's collaboration with BORKNAGAR's Oystein G. Brun (guitars and programming), dubbed CRONIAN, released its debut album, "Terra", in the U.S. in April 2006 via Century Media Records. The CD, which was issued in Europe on March 27, was mastered by Dan Swanö at Unisound.
Carnal Malefactor
Vintersorg hasn't done anything to write home about in 5 years. I'm not excited one bit.
Slashrose1010
Really? I thought their last two albums were really good. I only have one earlier work which was also gewd. I like both styles, but I am not so much into black metal unless I am in the mood for it. I prefer their more recent style on a more daily basis.
Carnal Malefactor
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum on tour with Secret Chiefs 3
[spooge!]

03/07/2007 08:00 PM - Bluebird Theatre
3317 east colfax avenue, denver, Colorado - $13/15

03/09/2007 08:00 PM - Grinnell College
corner 6th and east streets, Grinnell, Iowa 50112 - free

03/10/2007 08:00 PM - Double Door
1572 N Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60622 - $14

03/11/2007 08:00 PM - The Magic Bag
22920 Woodward Avenue, Ferndale, Michigan 48220 - 15.00

03/12/2007 08:00 PM - tralf music hall
622 main street, buffalo, New York 14202 - 17.00/20.00

03/13/2007 08:00 PM - La Tulipe
4530 Papineau, Montreal, Quebec h2h 1v3 - tbd

03/14/2007 08:00 PM - The Middle East Downstairs
472/480 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 - $12

03/15/2007 08:00 PM - Bowery Ballroom
6 Delancy street, New York, New York 10002 - $13/$15

03/16/2007 08:00 PM - Black Cat
1811 14th Street, WASHINGTON, Washington DC 20009 -

03/17/2007 08:00 PM - NorthStar Bar
2639 Poplar Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106 - $10/$12

03/18/2007 08:00 PM - Grey Eagle
185 Clingman Avenue, Asheville, North Carolina 28801 -

03/22/2007 08:00 PM - solar culture
31 east toole street, tucson, Arizona 85701 - 15.00

03/23/2007 08:00 PM - El Rey Theatre
5515 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90036 - $15

03/24/2007 08:00 PM - Slims
333 Eleventh Street, San Francisco, California 94103 - $16/18

Slashrose1010
Taken from an unofficial AngelCorpse blog:

The reunited ANGELCORPSE recently finished mixing its new album, entitled "Of Lucifer and Lightning". "It is everything ANGELCORPSE fans would expect and more from our fourth album. These songs are several years in the making and just as our previous albums always had some new element amongst our usual holocaust this one is no exception. We've created an absolute horror of twisting evil mayhem and crushing grim darkness. Rest assured the venomous deathdragons spearhead of bestial evil marches to victory once more. Hell goes before us, Hell is within us, and behind us Hell follows." - Gene Palubicki

**NEW bomber jacket & old school ANGELCORPSE shirts are now available on- www.osmoseproductions.com @Store

Hopefully more dates will be added. You can check up to see if there are more updates at the unofficial myspace: http://www.myspace.com/angelcorpse666
Slashrose1010
American metal band PHARAOH has set "Be Gone" as the tentative title of its third album, due later in the year via Cruz del Sur Music. Drummer Chris Black explains, "It would be misleading to call this a concept album, although there is a common thread to the lyrics throughout. We're working more closely together as a band on the songwriting this time, for both music and lyrics, so naturally we're seeing a more cohesive album coming together." Working songtitles for the album include "Dark New Life", "Cover Your Eyes and Pray", "Red Honor", "When We Fly", and "Ten Years".

Despite the widespread fan and critical acclaim surrounding its two albums, PHARAOH has yet to perform live. "We haven't had the right opportunity," says the drummer. "All of us want to do it, but only under the right conditions. [Vocalist] Tim [Aymar] is living in Florida now, I'm in Michigan, and the other guys are in Pennsylvania, so we're not exactly in a position to perform on stage unless the conditions and timing are 100%. And we always give priority to studio work, since that is what makes us PHARAOH. We are songwriters above all else, and that will never change."

The band is presently completing the songwriting and rehearsal process for a June/July recording session at MCR Studios with Matt Crooks — the same facility and producer responsible for the band's celebrated 2006 album "The Longest Night".
Carnal Malefactor

HOORAY!
ゆきえいり
Party!!! Yeah, when I'm out of my parent's house and paying my own bills *sad*.
Adsij
Here comes good news for all black metal lovers:
Enslavement of Beauty released their new album after without making music for many years.
You can listen to some of the music in their new album here: http://www.myspace.com/eobofficial
Sendeshi
New The Scene Aesthetic Album released today smile.gif
foolmetal alchemist
Smashing Pumpkins's new album came out about a week ago. I haven't heard it yet, only because I know I'll be disappointed. I can't believe Billy Corgan has the nerve to make an album under the Pumpkins name without getting either D'Arcy Wretzky or James Iha. Some reunion.... sleep.gif
Slashrose1010
Agreed. I heard one of the songs. Terrible. DO NOT listen to it, EVER.
asunder
Led Zeppelin Reunion now virtually certain

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle2406549.ece
Slashrose1010
Too bad Plant's voice has deteriorated and the majority of their music is horrible and overrated.
Carnal Malefactor
^I'm glad he said it, so I didn't have to.
asunder
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Sep 9 2007, 01:28 AM) *
Too bad Plant's voice has deteriorated and the majority of their music is horrible and overrated.

His voice will sound like a horse, that's to be expected.

Doesn't matter.

I'd still like to see a live performance of Viking Kittens and Kashmir
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Tim Aymar)
Our second CD on Cruz Del Sur is nearing completion, and we are very pleased by the responses of those who've had a sneek preview. Pharaoh will soon be preparing to tour for the summer in the U.S.

Slashrose1010
Agalloch will finally release “The White EP” through Vendlus Records in early 2008. It is the follow-up to 2004’s “The Grey EP” and completes a dichotomy of releases for the label. “The White EP” contains seven dark folk and ambient works written and recorded over the past 3 years.

“The White EP” tracklisting:
1. The Isle Of Summer
2. Birch Black
3. Hollow Stone
4. Pantheist
5. Birch White
6. Sowilo Rune
7. Summerisle Reprise

Finally, we have parted ways with Chris Greene as our live drummer. His replacement is Aesop Dekkar from Ludicra.
asunder
old news but......STP reunites this summer?

from http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003702045
After Velvet Revolver wraps a spring tour in support of its second album, "Libertad," frontman Scott Weiland will rejoin his former bandmates in Stone Temple Pilots for a handful of summer reunion shows, guitarist Slash tells Billboard.com.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.