Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fullmetal Alchemist Rough Sketch Gallery
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
paca

Fullmetal Alchemist, Volume 14 / Rough Sketch Gallery / scannage

ETA: March 31, 2007 by Tombow

For Page by page scan, scroll down to post #10 (6th post from the bottom of this page) by Summoner Colette

For Collection of character scans, got to post #24, on page 2 of this thread, 9th post from the top, by Summoner Colette

For Translations of Arakawa-sensei's comments:

* Book Cover, page Zero, page 1 ~ page 6:
Go to post #28 (on page 2 of this thread, 3rd post from the bottom) by Tombow

* Book Page 7 ~ page 11:
Go to post #30 (on page 2 of this thread, the bottom post of the page) by Tombow

* Book Page 12 ~ page 15:
Go to post #35 (on page 3 of this thread, 5th post from the top of page) by Tombow

* Book Page 16 ~ page 24:
Go to post #41 (on page 3 of this thread, 5th post from the bottom of the page) by Tombow

* Book Page 25 ~ page 33 (last page):
Go to post #43 (on page 3 of this thread, 3rd post from the bottom of the page) by Tombow

<Edited to add the list of translations. 03/31/07 ~Tombow>
Edamame
Thankyou for the scanlations Paca. I love seeing artists' sketches for their work. The sketch with Edward and the dog batting his automail leg is cute. Unfortunately, I can not seem to download the other sketches.
paca
Oh! why?? didn't megaupload worked for you??? did you try with send space???? Be carefuly the file is heavy you will have to wait a long time
Edamame
QUOTE(paca @ Jul 22 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]424624[/snapback]

Oh! why?? didn't megaupload worked for you??? did you try with send space???? Be carefuly the file is heavy you will have to wait a long time

I finally was able to download, but your right that it a fairly heavy file. It took ten minutes just to upload eighteen percent. I'm getting anxious to see the sketches so I will wait.
Nepharski
Very nice. She's got a trial of steadily older Edwards, and a nice picture of Maria Ross.
paca
I love the last pic. the one that are all togther. :3
Reika
me too
Aoko-chan
The last pic was awesome!!

Yay, Al and Mei are next to each other (is an AlxMei fan)
paca
i want the arakawa comments translated TT____________TT
paca
Oh! thanks for the scans!
Edamame
Thanks for the scanlations Collete. I really want to find the to translate Arakawa sensei's comments as well but I get too frustrated having to look up the kanji that I haven't learned. I still love the sketch of Edward Elric from eleven years to eighty-eight (dead) and the final sketch of everybody. (I like Ed's little picture)
Nepharski
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Jul 23 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]424841[/snapback]

...And I am NEVER using imageshack again.

Good call.

Wonderful sketches. I hope the bonus books come out in the States.
paca
So Ed wil only live eighty-eight years ,mmmmmm..... jajjaajaja
Nepharski
QUOTE(paca @ Jul 23 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]424909[/snapback]

So Ed wil only live eighty-eight years ,mmmmmm..... jajjaajaja

Considering how things are currently going in the Manga, I'd count him lucky if he lives that long.
paca
Ohu! Poor EDward!!!!!! DOn't said that!! jijijijijij......he is the main character!!
Antimony
I'm still geeking out over these sketches! So many cool drawings and clues for future chapters! I only wish I could read the hiragana and kanji, it would be great to see Arakawa's comments and notes!
Nepharski
QUOTE(Antimony @ Jul 23 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]424967[/snapback]

I'm still geeking out over these sketches! So many cool drawings and clues for future chapters! I only wish I could read the hiragana and kanji, it would be great to see Arakawa's comments and notes!

I know. If this book is any indication, Maria Ross will be making a return sometime. I'd like that.
Edamame
Don't worry I am geeking over the sketches as well. I wonder if we will see some of the characters sketched in the latter pages show up. I love how Arakawa keeps on drawing the Elric brothers 'grown-up', but I agree with Nepharski that they way they are going right now, they are lucky if they make to the final volume. Sorry, I'm being a pessimist laugh.gif
Reika
no, I actually thought and have the idea that Ed's gonna die since vol 11.
Animeoldtimer
biggrin.gif Thanks so much Colette for posting the images. I wasn't able to download.
I laughed so much at the tiny picture of Al holding his loin cloth down on page 17. That was classic! laugh.gif
Colette
It's an APRON ! laugh.gif
Aoko-chan
I'm ALSO still geeking out biggrin.gif
I love the grown up sketches. I hope to see them. Ed will survive til the last volume and maybe die in the last chapters I hope he and Al survive though!
paca
Thanks Summoner Colette!!!!!!!!!!!
Sensenic
Finally arrived! \(^o^ )/

And it is wonnderful!

LOL @ the page with all of them in pants, she says it recalls "Ma<censored>mura", also known around here as "Gho<censored> 'n Goblins" tongue.gif

Super-Gluttony!

Is that Naota kun from Furi Kuri? huh.gif

Pikmin!Gluttony Ed and Al XDD

Arakawa says she keeps drawing young human!Al in order not to forget/lose practice on drawing him as that.... Does that mean sth?! (Ne, Kirara? wink.gif )

Etcetcetc... wonderful indeed!
Roy Mustard
I love all those sketches, thank you for scanning them, and one that I remember the most is "Lust with a cigarette" where Summoner Colette had posted in.
Tombow
My Internet connection is awful, so this will probably take some time, but here are some translations: biggrin.gif
(I'll keep adding more as they get done. )

(My usual disclaimer: Some parts may contain non-literal translations. And, alternate translations and aditional info are always welcme!! Also, I'll probably edit some of the wordings later, so in case anyone is thinking of bringing any part of my translations below and post them on some other sites, please wait for a while, till I finish editing. Thanks!! smile.gif )

Cover:
Click to view attachment

FullMetal Alchemist Rough Sketch Collection
By Hiromu Arakawa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page Zero:
Click to view attachment

Military Speciality: "Awful Tea"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page One:
Click to view attachment

FullMetal Alchemist Rough Sketch Collection
By Hiromu Arakawa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page Two:
Click to view attachment

This book is a collection of sketches that Arakawa-sensei has randomly drawn (over the years) on the back side of the Fllmetal Alchemist manga manuscripts, that are now compiled in one booklet. It includes unexpected/unseen facets of characters, jokes, sketches of animals, and others, all are previously unpublished treasures, the precious materials that can be only seen on this booklet!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page Three:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Basically, I tend to start doodling when I become desparate.
It's a form of escape from reality, I would say.
But with this one, it seems I got FAR into the 'escaping'!!
I put far more drawings (in one page) than the real (FMA) manuscript!! Baka!!"

Page Four:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "As Ed goes into the middle age, he feels the presence of "hair crisiss" in his future, and decides to leave for a journey to the Eastern island nation, in search of "Wakame" and "Kombu," treasured hair-regrowth medicinal food of the East....
I'm thinking of this epic story-line. ...I'm Serious!!"

(NOTE: I believe the numbers are supposedly Ed's age, and the last drawing with "88" is a Japanese tomb stone, marked "Ed".)

Page Five:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "I heard that in the U.S., ones with exhibitionism can not enter the military. I wonder if Armstrong would be in trouble there..."

Page Six:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Really, I do have quite many sketches of guys in underwears. I guess it's the influence from the game 'Ghosts 'n Goblins.' Anyway, I think guys in underwears have strangely refreshing braveness and seriousness. Like, 'if I get one more punch, that will be my end,' or 'this is my last stand,' or 'this is the man's final combat uniform' sort of way.

Captions: Garfiel: "Garfiel-san's flirtingt pin-up pose", Heymans Breda: "Beer belly" "Moo"

ETA: At this rate, it will take a while. laugh.gif
Meantime, if someone finds translations done somewhere, please go ahead and post!! biggrin.gif
Otherwise, I will keep adding new translations page by page. happy.gif

Ok, that's it for now. I'm going to take a break. biggrin.gif
(I'll post more translations tomorrow.)
paca
thank you Tombow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!

As Ed goes into the middle age, he feels the presence of "hair crisiss" in his future, and decides to leave for a journey to the Eastern island nation, in search of "Wakame" and "Kombu," treasured hair-regrowth medicinal food of the East....
I'm thinking of this epic story-line. ...I'm Serious!!" O.o!!!! Poor Ed!!!! Bald- Ed ??? Noooo!!!
Tombow
Continuing with the translations...

Page Seven:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "I need to be careful, that if I happen to, carelessly, make Ed's automail too macho & bulky, I end up drawing all other arm muscles bulky and macho to make themt look proportionally balamced. These are NOT the muscles of 15 years old!!"

Page Eight:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Upon making this booklet, we ended up eliminating many copy-righted parodies/doodles, but this Riza one has survived. ( biggrin.gif )"

Captions around Riza: "Dove" "Dove" "Dove" "Dove" "Dove" "Black coat," and "Two guns".

Page Nine:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Top 3 animals I draw most often are, 'dogs,' 'cows,' and 'horses.' Long time ago, I used to have a dream of buying a horse (Dosanko) with the prize money if I win a manga contest, to use for the commute between the house and fields."

(Note: "Dosanko" is a horse from Hokkaido regeon in Japan, where Arakawa-sensei's family had their agricultural firm. )

Page Ten:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Soon after the issue of magazine with the chapter in which Lust had died had come out, I received a Fax from a daughter of my friend. She seemed to have been a big fan of Lust, and she sounded awfully disappopinted. I quickly sent her my reply explaining 'why she had to die' on and on (swetdrop.) I heard that she is now a Envy fan. Heeeh!!"

Captions: Greed and Gluttony: "Gre and Gla", King Bradley: "He, he, he"

Page Eleven:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Gluttony was modeled after children's book 'Snow**n' (missing letter on the scan) Drawing 'chubbies' are fun!! Breda, Sig's belly... We couldn't include them in this sketch collection this time, but I had many sketches of Sumo wrestlers I had drawn while watching Sumo matches on TV."

Captions: Top: Gluttony:"Boo"
...Bottom: Lust:"Go get them!!" ...Gluttony:"Aye!! Ahoy!!" ...Envy:"That's so tiresome!!"

That's it for the night!! My computer hasn't been very cooperative tonight.
I'll continue with more translations tomorrow. biggrin.gif
Sensenic
( >o<)--o {Go, Tombow, go!

Thanks a lot!
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 6 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback]429483[/snapback]

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Really. I do have many underwear scenes. I guess it's the influence from the game "?*?" ("Ghosts 'n Goblins" ??) but anyway, I think a guy in the underwear has strangely refreshing braveness and seriousness. Like, "if I get one more shot/punch, that will be my end," "this is the last stand," or "this is the man's final combat uniform" sort of way.

?*? stands for Makaimura, also known as Ghosts 'n Goblins in the Western countries, yeah.

A very famous saga by Capcom in which the armor-clad main character, Sir Arthur, would be left in only his (hearts) pants after being hit once. Another hit and he died. happy.gif
Edamame
Thank you so much for the translations Tombow. They are greatly appreciated by all of us. I love Arakawa's comment about Ed's hair-crisis...poor guy.
oneangredwarf
i also was thinking that Ed would die trying to get Al's body back but if he did wouldn't you think Al would feel terrible? and i dont think they would wanna end it like that, ya know?
-liz
GS4Life
Sweet. biggrin.gif at the page 31, everyone but Pinako Ling and Breda seem to be intrested in Ed's great artistic ability, either that or they're all really nosey. Only one piccy with RanFan aside from the big group piccy and the individual pics that Summoner Colette recently posted, but darn RanFan is freaking gorgeous with her hair down like that and Riza and Winry are in that one as well so it gets a bonus(forgot the number though huh.gif )
Tombow
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Aug 7 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]429863[/snapback]
?*? stands for Makaimura, also known as Ghosts 'n Goblins in the Western countries, yeah.

A very famous saga by Capcom in which the armor-clad main character, Sir Arthur, would be left in only his (hearts) pants after being hit once. Another hit and he died. happy.gif
Sweet!! Thanks for the info, Sensenic!! hugs!! happy.gif

*goes back to the translation...* biggrin.gif
(Page 7 is done now also. smile.gif)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Continuing with translations:

(My usual disclaimer: Some parts may contain non-literal translations. And, alternate translations and aditional info are always welcme!! Also, I'll probably edit some of the wordings later, so in case anyone is thinking of bringing any part of my translations below and post them on some other sites, please wait for a while, till I finish editing. Thanks!! smile.gif )

Page Twelve:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Ed with Ultra B-button dash!! Yap. Ed is desparate to get to the magical mushroom!! It's known to increase the hight by two folds!!

Captions: Ed: "Power-up, Magical Mashroom!!", Middle pic: "Al-sheep 'Bahhhh' ",
Winry:"Playing 'How to inflate emergency life-jacket' demonstration...'If you pull these codes, the jacket will inflate...' " Bottom: " 'Pumped up' Ho-ho"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page Thirteen:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Ed is drinking coffee(flavored) milk or fruit(flavored) milk.
I don't have many skeches of Roy. The few I have are silly ones like these."

Captions: Top: "At public bath house" (Note: This looks like a locker room area of a tipical Japanese public bath-house, with Al putting on his loin cloth, Ed getting on the scale, and Roy is relaxing on a coin-operated Shiastu chair.)
Middle: Roy: "Satuaday Night Fever", Ling:"Image make-over" Bottom: Ed:"Haiyah!!"

Page Fourteen:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "These were sketches of Second Lieutenant Ross, as she first appeared in FMA. Often, the character setting for a new character is done with skeches on the back of the (FMA) manuscript, and then (having submitted that manuscript to the publisher, thus no longer having the sketches and notes with us) we become at a loss later."

Captions: Winry Rockbell: "Laundry, laundry~", Maria Ross: "Second Lieutenant Ross, 24 years old?? 25years old?? Part at right?? Left??"

Page Fifteen:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "I can say the same for page 23 also, but... including the scenes of Ed checking his hights, I often draw Ed in full body length."

Captions: Bottom Ed: "Oh!!", Al: "Hehehe".

Whew!! Done, up to page 15!!
I'll add more translations later!! happy.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 9 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]430560[/snapback]

Page Twelve:

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Ed with ultra dash!! Yap. Ed is desparate to get to the magical mushroom!! It's known to increase the hight by two folds!!

Here, again being the videogame geek that I am, I'd say "Ed with ultra B-button dash". Or similar whatsoever, just keep the mention to the B button, since the whole thing is (obviously) a reference to [i]Super Mario Bros[i], and it was with the B button of the NES pad that you made Mario run/dash.
Tombow
@Sensenic - You're such a great help!! Luv ya!! happy.gif
*goes to edit the post" biggrin.gif

ETA: That's it for the night!!
I'll add some more tomorrow!! biggrin.gif
Singhay
Love Ed's hair on page 25.
Kirara
Ed is drinking coffee(flavored) milk or fruit(flavored) milk.

Ho ho so this answers the question that flavored Milk is okay for Ed. laugh.gif

Thanks so much for the translations.
paca
XD!! Thank's for translations!!!
Tombow
Sidelined for a while, while I was reading chapter 62 ... biggrin.gif

Page Sixteen:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "When I'm drawing bare-hand fighing scenes, that often reminds me of my (boxing) club practices during the high school. (During the practice,) when I left my sides open (and unguarded,) that made my thrust slow, and instantly I was punched with the middle kick.
Hence... when I'm drawing those scenes, I find myself chanting 'tighten the sides, tighten the side...' in my head. Ch... childhood trauma??"

Captions: Tiny Al: "Dempsey, Dempsey"
(Note: I'm guessing Dempsey is referring to Jack Dempsey, a world heavyweight champ from U.S. during 1920's.)

Page Seventeen:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "As in the last page, and the page before that, I often have this pattern of some FMA character doing something serious, and then there is Al on the side, doing goofy stuff. In a normal time, Al must enjoy being a clown, and poking fun of others."

Captions: Pinako: "Fashionable", Al: "Ahieee!!", "(Marilyn) Monroe Effects"

Page Eighteen:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Den should be pretty old, but is still full of curiousty. As you see on page 30 also, the way dogs are 'being smart, yet their actions are quite stupid', it's so close to humans', and makes me love them very much."

Caption: "Captured space pooch"

Page Nineteen:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "I believe I drew this one when one of my assistant-san commented 'Chinese dress should look good on Second Lieutenant Ross.' We also had a conversation on how camel rides are uncomfortable, I believe."

Captions: "Second Lieutenant Ross in Xing country", Panda: "Ni Hao Ma"

(NOTE: I believe "Ni Hao Ma" part is meant "How are you?" in Chinese. It is written phenetically with Japanese katakana here. Also, I don't know if this is Shao-Mei, or just any Panda.)

Page Twenty:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "When I have movies playing in the back while I am at work and drawing FMA, I tend to make more doodles. I think I drew these while watching 'Preditor' and 'Shou**ji'."
(NOTE: I can't read some letters here. Anyone can help??)

Caption: "BWAHAHAHA"

Page Twenty-One:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "I believe these sketches were from Volume I, chapter 3.
I love drawing common people, & supporting or minor characters."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page Twenty-Two:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Red Pikmin has very handy abilities, but very temperamental and does not follow humans."

(Note: Gluttony, Ed, and Al are imitating Pikmins. Photo: courtesy of Sensenic)

Page Twenty-Three:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "I also have many sketches of Scar. He must be easy to draw. By Ed, the comment reads 'too tall' ...So true."

Page Twenty-Four:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Searching for ultra cool 'nigirippe' pose."

Captions: Al: "Zapppaan!!", Ed: "Nigirippe".

( laugh.gif laugh.gif Note: "Nigirippe" is...にぎりっぺ[にぎりっ屁] 手で包み込んだオナラ, 世界で最強最悪の化学兵器。自分でやるのは楽しいが、他人にやられるとすごく悔しい
...catching your fart in your palm, then thrust it to someone. Fun to do to someone. But, quite irritating if someone does it to you. XDDDD
I believe Arakawa-sensei is jokingly calling Ed's pose as "nigirripe" pose. biggrin.gif )

(Note 2: I think Al is imitating Sumo wrestler, and wearing traditional Sumo wrestler's ornate apron, and standing with ocean wave behind him, like some old-fashioned Sumo wreslter calender pic. )
Sensenic
Yay, Moar!
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 16 2006, 11:23 AM) [snapback]433357[/snapback]

Page Twenty:
[attachmentid=6709]

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "When we have movies playing in the back while we are making drawings, we tend to make more doodles. I drew these while watching 'B??nder' and 'Shourinji (??)', I think." (can't read some letters. Sensenic?? anyone??)

Caption: "BWAHAHAHA"

The second movie, no friggin' idea. The first, it says "Pure**taa"... and, seeing the muscled military guy in the left... My take is that he's none other than the Senator of California (or one of his men) from the movie "Puredeetaa" = Predator.

EDIT: I still believe the up-left kid is Naota kun from Gainax's FLCL >.<
Tombow
@Sensenic - Oh, yes, Predator sounds/looks like the right one!! Thanks!! happy.gif

Page Twenty-Five:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "All-back hair styles. This one is a rare skecth of serious looking Mustang. I believe this is the only one."

Captions: Mustang: "Colonel with formal uniform, with 'all-back' hair style.", Ed: " 'all-back' "

Page Twenty-Six:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "We conjured up a technique for Izumi sensei, of 'knocking out a person by hitting with a hank of meat'. But, did not use it because we thought it was disrespectful to the food."

Page Twenty-Seven:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "I also have many sketches of Ed kicking. And, I draw human Al frequently so that I do not forget his face."

Page Twenty-Eight:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Once in a while I hold 'Fundoshi (Loincloth) festival' within.
Don't call it "classic underwear." As Japanese, prouldly call it as 'Fundoshi'!!"

Caption: Al: "It's Fundoshi time!!"

Page Twenty-Nine:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "These are sketches done around "Duddy's home-coming" chapter. After their father deserting home, and mother's death, as the eldest son of the family, Ed had been trying to fill the role of the man for the Elric household. For him, the reappearance of Hohenheim was both shocking and uncertainly terrifying."

Page Thirty:
Click to view attachment

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Once in a while I visit someone who is living with a seeing eye dog. And, I alwawys get jumped on that dog when I visit there. It sure is the case of "you are a seeing eye dog!! You are supposed to be obedient and docile!! Whtcha doin'!!??' "

Captions: Dog: "Bite!!", Ed: "Whtcha doin'!!??"

Page Thirty-One:
Click to view attachment

Special Original Drawing for the Sketch Gallery book

"I've never thought they would make a book out of my doodles on the back of FMA manuscripts!! Geh!!
From now on, I'm planing to make them more neatly in my sketchbook!!"

"Hiromu Arakawa, June, 2006"

Page Thirty-Two:
Click to view attachment

GanGan Comics
FullMetal Alchemist

FullMetal Alchemist V14
"Rough Sketch Gallery", Limited Special First Edition

Hiromu Arakawa

Page Thirty-Three:
Click to view attachment

"Five Days to the Deadline!!"
Arakawa-sensei cow: "Let me have some sleep!!", On the box: "Tsugaru Apple"

Whew!! That's it!!!
I'll be back later to do some editing!! smile.gif
Edamame
Thank you once again Tombow for all your work. I got so frustrated when I could not read all of the Kanji in the sketch-book, so I am pleased that I get to read your translation. Arkawa's comments are certainly amusing especially the page with Al, Ed, and Armstrong in Fundoshi.
paca
yes!! thanks!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!
Sensenic
Thanks a lot once again, Tombow!

Page Twenty-Four:

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Searching for ultra cool 'nigirippe' pose."

Captions: Al: "ZOMG!!", Ed: "Nigirippe".

( laugh.gif laugh.gif Note: "Nigirippe" is...にぎりっぺ[にぎりっ屁] 手で包み込んだオナラ, 世界で最強最悪の化学兵器。自分でやるのは楽しいが、他人にやられるとすごく悔しい
...catching your fart in your palm, then thrust it to someone. Fun to do to someone. But, quite irritating if someone does it to you. XDDDD
I believe Arakawa-sensei is jokingly calling Ed's pose as "nigirripe" pose. biggrin.gif )

Oh! LOL! I certainly didn't know jack about this "nigirippe" thing. Everyday we learn sth new, I guess. happy.gif

As for Al's caption, tho', "zapaaan!", I'd say it's the sound of the sea hitting against the rocks behind him. Doesn't look like "ZOMG". Or am I missing sth? happy.gifU
Tombow
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Aug 21 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]435335[/snapback]
As for Al's caption, tho', "zapaaan!", I'd say it's the sound of the sea hitting against the rocks behind him. Doesn't look like "ZOMG". Or am I missing sth? happy.gifU
^^ I totally agree!! I did not notice the ocearn wave before, but it sure looks that way!!

And, now that I take a close look at it, Al is wearing not just any loincloth, but Sumo wrestler's ornate loincloth, and, furthermore, Al is imitating Sumo wrestler's traditional pose, too!!
That's sort of an imitation of traditional looking Sumo promo pic, usually having sun rising from the ocean, too, with Sumo wrestler having that pose!!

So much stuff packed in such a small Al sketch!! And, I almost missed it!!
Thanks bunch for catching it!! Hugs!! happy.gif
Singhay
I realise from looking at these sketches that Edward takes after his father while Al has his Mother's face. Anyone concur?
Sensenic

Page Twenty-Two:
[attachmentid=6717]

Comment by Arakawa-sensei: "Red **mine has very handy abilities, but it's temperamental and does not follow humans."

(Note: Can't read letters... I'm guessing Arakawa-sensei is talking about some type of dog??)

Just noticed this one.... How come I missed it... >.<

She's talking about the Red Pikmin, from this GameCube game by Nintendo (from Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario, Zelda... himself).

If you see, there's a little sketch of Gluttony, Ed and Al with a leaf on their heads... they are Pikmin versions... XD

Pikmins:
IPB Image
N. Havoc J.
I can't help but feel Alphonse got cheated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.