Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: College/university/grad-school Majors
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
alchemist x
Ha Ha I am just in 8th grade. My life is far from over of the school life
Karo
I'm only in 7th but i plan on being a game designer and a real estate agent.
Elderberry
*apparently forgot to post in this thread long ago*

Eh....there haven't been many careers that really appeal to me....right now I'm pretty much leaning towards a nursing major, with a minor-ishy in either Art or Japanese...ohmy.gif
Luckyalchemy27
I'm only in eighth grade, so I have plenty of time to decide, but for now I'm planning on majoring in equine studies. biggrin.gif
mei_tenshi
I'm geared towards history right now, but I'm not so sure anymore. Ethnic studies is my back-up plan...or maybe English? Honestly, I'm about as decisive as I was a year ago--which isn't saying much. tongue.gif
Molecular Alchemist
well, I feel kinda outta the loop here....I already have my BS in Biology (emphasis in Neuroscience and Behavioral Genetics) and I am currently getting my MS in molecular science and cell biology. So, I kinda like to think of myself as a modern-day alchemist..hehehe. and I'm only 23 so don't you even THINK I'm old...hehehehe biggrin.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 4 2005, 06:56 PM) [snapback]309151[/snapback]

well, I feel kinda outta the loop here....I already have my BS in Biology (emphasis in Neuroscience and Behavioral Genetics) and I am currently getting my MS in molecular science and cell biology. So, I kinda like to think of myself as a modern-day alchemist..hehehe. and I'm only 23 so don't you even THINK I'm old...hehehehe biggrin.gif

I admire your dedication.
Molecular Alchemist
^^Aww..thank you, bacon happy.gif After I get my PhD (in a few years, I'll name a gene after you..or...something...hahaha!)
Mrs. Edward Elric
I'm still a freshman in High School but I want to major in preforming arts when I get to college. Maybe do something in show business.
Heartless_Soldier
I plan to take a robotics course when I get to college. I always like robots even when i was a kid.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Heartless_Soldier @ Nov 8 2005, 11:09 PM) [snapback]311218[/snapback]

I plan to take a robotics course when I get to college. I always like robots even when i was a kid.

Yah, good luck finding a college that offers robotics as a major. rolleyes.gif
Heartless_Soldier
rolleyes.gif Precise college in LA.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Heartless_Soldier @ Nov 8 2005, 11:44 PM) [snapback]311245[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif Precise college in LA.

Uhm... what? That's not even a real place.
Heartless_Soldier
Precise, Prise I forget the name it just a college in LA. They just sent some represenitive to Our high school to tell us what they have there. And if they don't have offer the clase anymore I'm learning Japanese and moving to Japan because I know they have the worlds best robotics there.
Carnal Malefactor
http://www.androidworld.com/prod32.htm

Something to help you out.

Heartless_Soldier
Thnxs a ton What,no bacon? It will help me a lot. smile.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
As of now, I'm in BS Nursing [in both senses of the initials... dry.gif]

But next year I plan to take either Philosophy or Psychology.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Nov 9 2005, 12:07 AM) [snapback]311276[/snapback]

As of now, I'm in BS Nursing [in both senses of the initials... dry.gif]

Why is it BS?
Bling_bling_Angel
sleep.gif;;;

Bacon, please. Give me the mercy; spare me the agony. It's hell if you're not good at chemistry.

EDIT

Actually, it's not the course or the subjects. It's the really mean faculty who lack mercy and compassion, contrary to what they teach us.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Nov 8 2005, 10:13 PM) [snapback]311283[/snapback]

sleep.gif;;;

Bacon, please. Give me the mercy; spare me the agony. It's hell if you're not good at chemistry.

EDIT

Actually, it's not the course or the subjects. It's the really mean faculty who lack mercy and compassion, contrary to what they teach us.

I know exactly what you mean, Bling_Angel. All universities are the same...they have some really good profs, and ALOT of really bad ones. Unfortuntly, the really bad ones are usualy the ones that are teaching the entry-level courses, or the core-requirements for a major (aka my classical physics prof... mad.gif ) ) Sadly, I have alot of friends who made the bio/nursing to psych switch somewhere down the line due to this very reason. And it's horrible, because, as you said, it's not the material...it's the teachers...and they ruin people's dreams, and it's not right! But psych should be fun...you can shrink (sp) people and play mind games with your teachers...<evil laugh>
Luckyalchemy27
It's sad...I'm in eighth grade and I already know what college I'm going to. Half my friends don't even know what they're interested in.... o_o
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ Nov 9 2005, 11:02 AM) [snapback]311446[/snapback]

It's sad...I'm in eighth grade and I already know what college I'm going to. Half my friends don't even know what they're interested in.... o_o

That's not sad...that's good! Good for you, lucky biggrin.gif What do you plan on doing, anyway????
Luckyalchemy27
Equine studies. biggrin.gif

And of course, I had to pick an obscure college, so my friends are like, ".....where?" laugh.gif
Molecular Alchemist
YEAH! I love horses! biggrin.gif

but..at the risk of sounding like your friends.....where would you go for that, though?
Luckyalchemy27
University of Findlay.

Ten bucks says you've never heard of it. laugh.gif
nakagos bunny
Psychology or Marine Biology. I can't make up my mind....
Alita
Either computer graphic arts or visual art.
Thievesvinegar
Ahaha. What a suitable topic. Something with Poli Sci, Econ, Internat. Business, Internat. Relations, Journalism/broadcasting...and I can't decide whether to take chinese or japanese. Chinese would be more practical but I LIKE japanese. See all I have to do is decide what I want to do with the rest of my life, no biggie.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Nov 10 2005, 06:45 PM) [snapback]312063[/snapback]

Psychology or Marine Biology. I can't make up my mind....

A warning from a fellow biologist...it's VERY HARD to find a job as a marine biologist. And if you have aspirations to work in seaworld, they are very selective and are hardly ever hiring anyway. And even if you become a fully-phledged marine biologist, complete with a PhD and everything, you still need to find funding for your work...which is getting harder and harder nowadays, even for the renowned Marne biologists (I'm not plugging it, or anything, but the way that bio is heading, everything...even the behavioral branches are going cellular and molecular)..so if you DO decide to go down the Mar. bio path, (my advice, should you choose to accept it) would be to at least broaden your bio background so that you don't hit a brick wall later in life. smile.gif Good luck to ya, my friend
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 4 2005, 07:28 PM) [snapback]309170[/snapback]

^^Aww..thank you, bacon happy.gif After I get my PhD (in a few years, I'll name a gene after you..or...something...hahaha!)

Sure. If you ever discover a gene that keeps people from getting laid, feel free to name it after me. laugh.gif
steamboy
hmm well i graduated a year early from high school so im only 17 and a freshman in college but my major is tv/film (communication arts). ive been ding tv since 6th grade because my school district had a big studio and truck eventually i worked my way up and became manager of the entire thing and decided to choose it as my career path and major in college
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 11 2005, 12:37 AM) [snapback]312344[/snapback]

Sure. If you ever discover a gene that keeps people from getting laid, feel free to name it after me. laugh.gif

hahaha! I'll keep that in mind, dude tongue.gif I can see the news already "Do you have enough BACON?"...and then people will only get half the story, and not realize that BACON was actually a gene name, not the pork by-product..and then everyone will freak out go out and buy bacon..and then everyone will eat bacon...and pigs will become endangered...and humans will become even more fat than what they really are...and then there will be a major epidemic...and it will all be because of the gene that, when in low levels, will prevent you from getting laid, was named BACON blink.gif hehehe...together, we can bring demise to the entire WORLD!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 11 2005, 04:02 AM) [snapback]312369[/snapback]

hahaha! I'll keep that in mind, dude tongue.gif I can see the news already "Do you have enough BACON?"...and then people will only get half the story, and not realize that BACON was actually a gene name, not the pork by-product..and then everyone will freak out go out and buy bacon..and then everyone will eat bacon...and pigs will become endangered...and humans will become even more fat than what they really are...and then there will be a major epidemic...and it will all be because of the gene that, when in low levels, will prevent you from getting laid, was named BACON blink.gif hehehe...together, we can bring demise to the entire WORLD!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

...I love a woman who thinks that far ahead!
...mostly because I lack the capacity to do that, myself. laugh.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 11 2005, 02:05 AM) [snapback]312372[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 11 2005, 04:02 AM) [snapback]312369[/snapback]

...I love a woman who thinks that far ahead!
...mostly because I lack the capacity to do that, myself. laugh.gif

HUZZAH!!! That's why we would make a great team...You can think of the short term goals (because I can't) and I can figure out how to make society go into turmoil because of it (with your help, of course)...IT"S GENIOUS!!!!! Ya up for world domination??biggrin.gif MWAHAHAHAHA! <--that was my evil laugh
Carnal Malefactor
World domination has been in my plans since I first saw Pinky & The Brain do it.
Molecular Alchemist
^^^ME TOO!! "What are we going to do tonight, Brain?" "The same thing we do every night, Pinky...TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" I TOLD YOU WE WOULD BE A GREAT TEAM!!!! laugh.gif

Is it bad to go through college and STILL get all my inspirations from cartoon shows? that should tell you a thing or two about society.... hahaha! (but that dicsussion is for another forum....) tongue.gif
loudmime
I'm in college and high school right now...I'm only taking a single subject in college which is history, but I plan to major in Arts, specifically 3-D when I really got both of my feet in college...
japaneseobesession
hmm...

that's like.. 6 years away! =O unless I amazingly skip a grade OR not surprisingly go back a year

..but currently I wanna do something about designing...

...yeah =S
Chiyo
Media Communications (BA Honors) I'm guessing this is the equivilant to what you're on about.

- in my second year now which includes proffessional writing, film theory and the odd radio show amongst many things.
JudasPriest1
Forensics of any type.
shogunskey
i plan to major in graphic design, working to make vid games.
Thievesvinegar
JudasPriest1, do you do any forensics now? Debate?
Chiyo
QUOTE(JudasPriest1 @ Nov 19 2005, 01:37 AM) [snapback]316789[/snapback]

Forensics of any type.

Four lads from my old school are here at Uni with me...all doing forensics....CSI has much to answer for
ἀρχή
I was at a national conference for research administrators a few weeks back. It turns out that a larger percent (probably 70% or so) have no business training in school, yet they are the business administrators for research departments at hospitals, universities, etc...

Goes to help emphasize the fact that your major has very little to do with your career choice.
~FMAgurl~
I'm probably a bit young to contribute to this topic (seeing as I haven't even started highschool), but I plan on majoring in chemical engineering smile.gif
Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura
I plan to do a major in German (I wanna be a high school German teacher) and a minor in physical therapy.
Zeb
I'm going to tech degree in Surg Tech, then a major in Psychology.
phoenix dying
Well within the past week i got accepted into Alfred State College. I am going there majoring in electrical construction and mantiance electrician biggrin.gif
JudasPriest1
I'm only just deciding about what I plan to major in so I don't know that much at all. But I heard that Sam Houston University in Huntsville has a good forensics department so I plan to go there.
Chiyo
QUOTE(phoenix alchemist @ Nov 21 2005, 11:56 PM) [snapback]318014[/snapback]

Well within the past week i got accepted into Alfred State College. I am going there majoring in electrical construction and mantiance electrician biggrin.gif

laugh.gif That's my dads job! He used to do it on the Oil Rigs but now he just works for a factory repairing...anything electrical.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.