Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manga's Pride: We Know Who He Is Now, But 'what' Is He?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Dai
~ Manga's Pride: We know who he is now, but "What" is he? ~

Hello!

Well, if you have not read the FMA chapter 49, maybe you should not continue reading this post.

are you sure? then, let's continue XD

As you probably know, Pride has appeared in the manga, but his (I think he is a man, because of the siluette) face was darkened... so I think we know him... if my theory is true, who do you think he is?

or

What is your theory about Pride? huh.gif
Reika
Yeah, I agree with your theory... but... he has the face rounded, and we know that he's appeared in some occasion, but not very important... then... mmm... Riza's grandpa! XDDDDDDD No, I was just kidding...

At first I thought Tucker, but then again, he used alchemy.. so I don't know, it's really a mistery...
Dai
I know about the rounded face, but I think it'll be a big dramatical momment and... maybe we all cry XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I hope so ¬¬ because, if he is just a new character... I'm gonna kill somebody XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Hughes? I know he has not the "face" but... but he can't be XD because he has a daughter, and we know only Wrath has been able to procreate sleep.gif ... then... farman? XD it looks a lot like Ling, but he can't be, because he was fighting Gluttony... ¬¬ I hope they reveal it soon...
Kyo_Umerio
no i dont think its Riza's g-pa cause he is helping roy to the top.... its gotta be someone that dislikes him.. if you havn't noticed the people pushing him to the top arn't in on it happy.gif i think it may actually be that guy Roy was talking to towards the end of Chapter 50... i dunno i was looking at the Shady face and hair... i was trying to figure it out by the hair... it looks kinda like Movie Envy in this "true" form.... or Ed's Father... or Maybe.... its Ed's older brother who he has never met.... DUN DUN DUN!!!!! dunalunalun.....
Reika
Actually, Wrath's son is adopted ^^U

---EDIT---

Actually, the Fuhrer himself is helping Roy go to the top, right? He, being a precious sacrifice, should be well treated like Ed and Al by the homunculus.
Dai
Yeah, you're right about Pride... but again, he can't be Hughes, because Roy knows Hughes from long time ago, and he has seen Hughes aging... and only Wrath age ph34r.gif

If they are doing it well, we'll not know it until they reveal it, and we'll be veeeeeeeeery surprised... Dr. Marco? I don't think so, it has no sense sad.gif . Heidi? (this one I'm just kidding XDDDDDDD) Security Guard A? XDDDDDDDDDD

oh my god... Ross? she has rounded face and short hair... ph34r.gif
Reika
Ross? I don't think so, she would have killed Hughes herself, and not Envy. I bet for Heidi XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Dai
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 28 2005, 10:33 PM)
Ross? I don't think so, she would have killed Hughes herself, and not Envy. I bet for Heidi XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
[snapback]266062[/snapback]

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

it is... mr Garfield!!!! (Winry's boss / teacher) XDDDDDDDD nah, I don't really know... I think I'm lost this time ph34r.gif
ramen
I have a feeling it's a new character that we haven't met yet. Though, if it is someone we know...then I vote Archer, even if he's from the anime.
Betcha it's Winry's dad.

Muahahahahahahaha.
Meo
So many possiblities about who Pride may be.. x__x; But I have a suspicious he might be a new character... Not sure. oo;

((Off topic, but in a similar subject: Who's Sloth? We've seen him/her once as a bulky figure.))
Hikusa Rockgirl X
QUOTE(Dai @ Aug 28 2005, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 28 2005, 10:33 PM)
[snapback]266062[/snapback]

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

it is... mr Garfield!!!! (Winry's boss / teacher) XDDDDDDDD nah, I don't really know... I think I'm lost this time ph34r.gif
[snapback]266065[/snapback]

Nooo Mr Garfield nooo xDD
he scares me T^T XDD I cant imagine that Pride is Garfield..

[Random]
Wrath: so is that Ok?
*Pride appears finally*
Pride: Its okay honey~
Wrath: ... ugh I prefer him in the shadows...
[/Random]

*screams* XD

Uhmm... What about Kimbley O.o?
Reika
Well, I think we've seen him before, 'cause in the manga Wrath says that he appears only when he's not necessary.

Winry's Dad!! Who knows!! XDDDDDDD

I don't think is Kimbley, he uses alchemy, after all.
Dai
I hope it'll be a great and dramatic moment!! *_* so I hope it is a known character...

about Sloth, I have my theories (well, they are actually reika's XD) about what is he doing, but anything about his identity... looking at his body... he can be an Armstrong guy XD
Reika
eh.. that wasn't my theory... it was of someone that posted it in this forum... I think XDDDD
Dai
well, you told me XD so as far as I can say it is yours, then you say who is it from XDDDDDDDDD

Sloth is making a subway tunnel to the new Central Subway Train :3

XD
Reika
Yeah of course, to connect Central with Ishval XDDDDDDD

The theory was this: Sloth is making the transmutation circle in the underground of Amestris or whatever it is xD. I can't recall who said it, but it makes a lot of sense to me.
Dai
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 30 2005, 01:46 AM)
Yeah of course, to connect Central with Ishval XDDDDDDD

no, you know it is to conect the Middle City with the right side city and the under-all city... of course, they'll be all conected to The City of Back There

xDDDDDDDD

if noone understand it, it is because it is a personal joke XD
Reika
hahahahahahahahahahhaahaha XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD don't make me laugh so hard at this hours. lol

PS: It's a personal joke about the dubbings and translations made in spain... You know "Atlas City"="Ciudad de Atrás"="The City of Back There"
Dai
antzeko parecido, parecido antzeko XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Well, I think the transmutation circle theory has a lot of weight, but I hope they don't make the plot just like anime, when scar transmute an entire city ¬¬
Reika
I hope so too. <-- That's it, let's not start. XD
Dai
ok sleep.gif .... yeah, sure XDDDDDDDDDD
Reika
[offtopic]There, you finally are apprentice, you happy now?[/offtopic]
Animeoldtimer
Back to the original topic. Sorry if this is a problem.

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 28 2005, 10:01 PM)
Betcha it's Winry's dad.

Muahahahahahahaha.
[snapback]266488[/snapback]

This may not be such a crazy thought. Some things that Winry said made me think this:

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=6183

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=7567

I think there is a third reference to pride but I can't think of it right now.
Reika
but they can't have children :s Wrath's son is adopted. And they are two... the Pride we saw was one.
Animeoldtimer
That's true. I guess I was just thinking in terms of someone performing a human transmution to bring her father back, thus creating a homunculus that looks like him. But who would do that except her mother who is/was a doctor not an alchemist.
Unless someone else wanted him alive and that is just crazy!
In addition, this is the manga and that doesn't follow the pattern of how homunculi are created in the manga. Plus that theory would be a REAL stretch.

I have many twists and turns in my fiction writing, so I have a tendency to look for the same in my reading. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
Singhay
Maybe when the translator translated it, they used pride instead of a different word? You can't always trust what you read.

I really think its Shou Tucker. When Wrath was talking to Pride, there was a butterfly flying by a lamp pole. After that scene, the butterfly was captured in a spider's web and the spider advancing to feed on it.

Web = Web of life?
A web gets spun... like sewing maybe? The sewing life alchemist?

I onno I think I'm taking useless details into consideration.

BTW: I started to search for another scene with a Butterfly or a Spider or a Spider's Web. I couldn't find anything but then I didn't really search all the pages I scrolled through them and stopped when the Humonculis appeared.
Dai
QUOTE(Singhay @ Aug 30 2005, 09:17 PM)
Maybe when the translator translated it, they used pride instead of a different word? You can't always trust what you read.

yeah, I know, but I read the raw after the translated one, and it said in katakana: Puraido, so I think PRIDE is well translated ^^ I hope so XDDDDDD

I really think its Shou Tucker.

I don't think so, after all Tucker was able to do alchemy and homunculus can't, and he has a daugther, so...
Singhay
ahhh ahhaha I didn't think about that. Not having kids or using Alchemy. And I spent all that time looking for those insects. ahahaha.
Dai
xDDDDDDDDDDDD
QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Aug 30 2005, 10:45 AM)
Back to the original topic.  Sorry if this is a problem.

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 28 2005, 10:01 PM)
Betcha it's Winry's dad.

Muahahahahahahaha.
[snapback]266488[/snapback]

This may not be such a crazy thought. Some things that Winry said made me think this:

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=6183

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=7567

I think there is a third reference to pride but I can't think of it right now.
[snapback]268194[/snapback]

Hehehe. I'm so gewd. cool.gif
Dai
Well, the fact Winry says "they are my pride" don't mean his dad is Pride XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I hope he isn't, really
His. :3

Winry's a girl... right?
Reika
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD we don't know! have we ever seen her... fully?????' XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
Keos
Winry's dad is dead and will most likely stay dead tongue.gif

For all we know, Pride can end up as a woman... or Pride is possibly Hohenheim biggrin.gif So in addition to the popular theory of Hohenheim being the "father", he may also be Pride.
Reika
mmm... nice theory... it would be great if "she" was actually a woman, because there's only Lust... well, and Envy that kind of looks like one XDDDDDDD (just joking).

For some reason... I don't feel like Hohenheim is Pride... and again, he did have children, didn't he? so... >.< I have a headache! XDDD
elalquimistafilosofal
a question. they made a human replics using the akchemist???
Reika
?? What are you reffering to exactly? I can't understand you ^^U...
Well, for all we know Hohenheim may not be father (although it seems like it would be a bit more epic/classic if he were).
Someone once suggested (earlier in the comic, before pride's shadow laden face was shown) that Hohenheim was pride, and looked exactly like father due to the nature of the sin. Creating a living entity that looks exactly like you is a pretty prideful thing to do, and the using alchemy/having kids...well, no such thing as no such thing.

Of course, that was before we got a look at pride's face, and how he looks much different.
Keos
Interesting... being extremely proud, you would want to make someone who look like you..... good theory smile.gif
Reika
Yeah, I agree.. great theory
Stuart
Yeah, it is, indeed, a great theory O_O I didn't thing about it... 2 Hohemheim could be great, the maker and the sin...
Sensenic
Offtopicness:
QUOTE(Dai @ Aug 30 2005, 01:54 AM)
antzeko parecido, parecido antzeko XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
[snapback]267669[/snapback]

This comes a little late, but... I noticed this, dunno why I said nothin' and then I lost trace of it. And now, finally, I find it.

¡Dai, paisano! De dónde es usted? Euskadi por un casual?
Dai
[offtopic]
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Sep 3 2005, 10:13 PM)

no XD soy de más al sur, de Cordoba, pero aquí Reika si es del País Vasco XD y todo se pega XD incluso los dichos XD
[/offtopic]
Reika
[offtopic]O.o!!! I'm from Euskadi!! Are you from here?? Why do I still speak in English??? XDDD[/offtopic]
Sensenic
Thou who cometh here searching for talk on Pride, abandon now all hope:
QUOTE(Dai @ Sep 3 2005, 10:25 PM)
[offtopic]
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Sep 3 2005, 10:13 PM)

no XD soy de más al sur, de Cordoba, pero aquí Reika si es del País Vasco XD y todo se pega XD incluso los dichos XD
[/offtopic]
[snapback]272641[/snapback]

QUOTE(Reika @ Sep 3 2005, 10:25 PM)
[offtopic]O.o!!! I'm from Euskadi!! Are you from here?? Why do I still speak in English??? XDDD[/offtopic]
[snapback]272643[/snapback]

Aaanda la osa... a mi me parecía recordar que Reika era... una que le pregunté y resulto ser de Perú o Chile (perdón por mi mala memoria... happy.gif; )

And, Reika, if you look down my av, in my data, one that says "From:" -> voilà! tongue.gif

Y ya pa acabar, qué significa "antzeko parecido..." etc?

Molt de gust i encantat de coneixe'ls, senyors. cool.gif
Reika
haha XD Antzeko significa parecido, es una expresión que usamos aquí para decir "pa'l caso lo mismo": Antzeko parecido, parecido antzeko. XD
Ouro-boros
Hi! I'm new here, I'm 24 years old boy and I'm from Italy

(I'd really like an introduction forum in this site XD because I hate to introduze myself in that offtopic way XD)

I really like the 2 hohenheim (I hate that name XD) idea, but I like the idea about huhges even more... the problem is that it's impossible because reasons that other user have posted early... what a pity T_T

(offtopic: hey, yo hablo un poco español... españolo? no recuerdo, sorry XD)
Dai
Welcome Ouro-boros!

Well, I see the idea of 2 Ed's father is being welcome XD I hope we are right about it XD

[offtopic]
Molt de gust i encantat de coneixe'ls, senyors.  cool.gif

uy, de Barcelona? yo soy algo más del sur XD pero estuve en el Salón del Manga del 2003, con Reika, precisamente XD
Sensenic
QUOTE(Dai @ Sep 4 2005, 05:14 PM)
[offtopic]
[right][snapback]273456[/snapback][/right]

Indeed.
QUOTE(Dai @ Sep 4 2005, 05:14 PM)
Molt de gust i encantat de coneixe'ls, senyors.  cool.gif

uy, de Barcelona? yo soy algo más del sur XD pero estuve en el Salón del Manga del 2003, con Reika, precisamente XD
[right][snapback]273456[/snapback][/right]

Oye, pues yo sus invito a venir al del 2005! smile.gif

En caso afirmativo decid algo. yosh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.