Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fathers:Love him? Or hate him? Close? Or, not close?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
BloodLust Wolf
In FMA Ed really hates his father because he left them all. In my case, I hate mine for that same reason and much more.
Ed an Al are lucky compared to me.
Migchao
What are you trying to talk about? Fullmetal Alchemist daddies? If that's so, then it belongs in the Fullmetal Alchemist anime section.

If you're talking about real life, I love my dad. He's very nice...but you know...parents can be the coolest ones on earth...then...they show their bad side...yeah... blink.gif

I'm not sure what you are talking about because you are talking about Fullmetal Alchemist yet it is in Open Chat. Then again my brain is dead in the morning.

OH! I see! You just confused me because you just like to compare yourself to Ed and Al! Please, use this world for examples or you will puzzle people. And people will not take you seriously. And don't hate your dad, maybe it's just because he doesn't let you get what you want at any time, some kids act that way.
Colette
Are we talking about our dads or what?

My dad yells a lot, but he doesn't beat us or anything. He just plays World of Warcraft all day xD He's a good dad a vast majority of the time.
kojirou
Well, If we're talking about our own dads, then I'll just share my thoughts about mine.

Me and my dad, we are not really in good terms. Sure, we do talk, but only for important matters. We don't share stories, laugh together and stuff like that. I just don't feel comfortable when I'm around with my old man.

I don't know, maybe this is just a result of his being repulsive towards me when I was still a kid. He, like me today, was always away from our home because his work is 130 miles away. And during the times that he is home, he would just sit there, without talking to us. And if he does talk, it is often to command me to do something or to scold me. So since then, we've kinda developed a certain coldness to each other.

To sum it all up, I don't like him as a dad. And I have promised myself that when I get kids of my own, I won't be like him.
BloodLust Wolf
QUOTE(kittygirl @ Jul 8 2006, 08:51 AM) [snapback]419766[/snapback]

What are you trying to talk about? Fullmetal Alchemist daddies? If that's so, then it belongs in the Fullmetal Alchemist anime section.

If you're talking about real life, I love my dad. He's very nice...but you know...parents can be the coolest ones on earth...then...they show their bad side...yeah... blink.gif

I'm not sure what you are talking about because you are talking about Fullmetal Alchemist yet it is in Open Chat. Then again my brain is dead in the morning.

OH! I see! You just confused me because you just like to compare yourself to Ed and Al! Please, use this world for examples or you will puzzle people. And people will not take you seriously. And don't hate your dad, maybe it's just because he doesn't let you get what you want at any time, some kids act that way.

Hell yeah my mom is awsome she acts 18 but protective if she a Betty Croker mom shes the future generation. Trust me I HAVE A VERY GOOD REASON TO HATE MY REAL FATHER. NUMBER ONE HE BEAT THE THE CRAP OUT OF ME WHEN I WAS LITTLE(I have the scar to prove it.)AND HE LIED TO ME BIG TIME.My sister Lustergirl1661 is lucky she wasn't touched. sorry I gotta go
Migchao
NUMBER ONE HE BEAT THE THE CRAP OUT OF ME WHEN I WAS LITTLE!

Was it as discipline? If so, maybe your sister could behave better than you, but if you were singled out, I think that it is a problem. Or maybe he was like, "I cannot hit a girl no matter what" and would scold her instead of hit her, but if you are a girl, then maybe that is not it. Or maybe he was just easy on her? Or...I dunno.

AND HE LIED TO ME BIG TIME!

Yeah, that does suck big time. Maybe you two can talk it over with each other.

My mother and her elder sister did not talk after 17 years and yet last year they went to Quisqueya's wedding together. My mom started to cry when she saw her big sister cuz she missed her.

Justsaw your profile so you are a girl. Not the 'I cannot hit a girl no matter what" option.
Bolt
well if we'r talking about are real dads then I'd have to say I hate mine! mad.gif

When I was young my mom got really sick and she died, leaving me and my little brother to be cared for by my dad. After that my dad left us and went to live with some women that he was aparently having an affair with. Me and my brother were sent to live with our grandparents who didn't really care to much about us ethier. After about 10 years my dad came back. He had broke up with the women he was living with and needed a place to stay. So my grandmother told him he could live with us until he got back on his feet. I plain hated him for leaving us, but my little brother was excited to see him after so many years. He stayed with us for a couple years, me completely ironging him while my little brother would try to become friends with him, then when he finally left he took all our grandparents money and even the money me and my borther were saving!

It's a long story, but hopefully most of you can see why I hate him!
BloodLust Wolf
QUOTE(kittygirl @ Jul 8 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]419785[/snapback]

NUMBER ONE HE BEAT THE THE CRAP OUT OF ME WHEN I WAS LITTLE!

Was it as discipline? If so, maybe your sister could behave better than you, but if you were singled out, I think that it is a problem. Or maybe he was like, "I cannot hit a girl no matter what" and would scold her instead of hit her, but if you are a girl, then maybe that is not it. Or maybe he was just easy on her? Or...I dunno.

AND HE LIED TO ME BIG TIME!

Yeah, that does suck big time. Maybe you two can talk it over with each other.

My mother and her elder sister did not talk after 17 years and yet last year they went to Quisqueya's wedding together. My mom started to cry when she saw her big sister cuz she missed her.

Justsaw your profile so you are a girl. Not the 'I cannot hit a girl no matter what" option.

Sorry I had to go do something for my grandmother shes cool to. OK It was not of discipline it was anger and drugs. My grandmother said that I used to be terrified of men until Brain (stepfather) came into my life. It all went good until I found out. Now I'm slowly being rejected.
Sharingan Serpent
I don't really know, cause I don't know anything about him, even though he lives in the same house as me...So I don't know anything not even his job...just the man that lives in my house...
Migchao
Sorry I had to go do something for my grandmother shes cool to. OK It was not of discipline it was anger and drugs. My grandmother said that I used to be terrified of men until Brain (stepfather) came into my life. It all went good until I found out. Now I'm slowly being rejected.

Oh my goodness...but wouldn't he have hurt your sister too? How would he hurt you?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Greeneyes Alchemist @ Jul 8 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]419822[/snapback]

I don't really know, cause I don't know anything about him, even though he lives in the same house as me...So I don't know anything not even his job...just the man that lives in my house...

Asking him what he does hasn't ever occured to you has it?

I haven't seen my dad since I was 4. Appently he was ok but could have a temper at times. I really don't care and have no plans to meet him or anything.
Galorfilinde
I used to live with my dad (my parents are divorced), and it was okay for a time. But I really started to feel lonely and unhappy for several reasons. It me so unhappy that I ran away.
After that, he started stalking me, a side of him I hadn't seen before. He went so far that I'm scared of him now. He sent me e-mails that made me cry. He wrote letters that even made my mom cry. He threatened me to come to my house when my mom wasn't there, or to come to the horse riding school where I went to once in every two weeks. He's never really done it, but he really did freak me out. I didn't want to go horseback riding anymore, afraid that he would be there.
Finally, after half a year, I didn't hear anything from him anymore. So I'm okay now, but I never want to see him again, and never want to hear his voice again.
sweety_pie
I haven't seen my birth father since I was about 6.My Mom divorced him.I haven't seen him since they divorced, and I haven't talked to him for over 4 years.Then two years after she divorced my birth father my Mom remarried my stepfather.
I really don't like either of them.
Migchao
Am I the only one who does love my dad?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(BloodLust Wolf @ Jul 8 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]419765[/snapback]

In FMA Ed really hates his father because he left them all. I hate mine for that same reson and much more.
Ed an Al are lucky copared to me. I DIDN'T CHOOSE THIS

I don't remember Ed and Al choosing for Hoho to leave. No one choose their parental situation.

Does it matter? I think Greeny loves her dad even if she doesn't know him...
The thing is people aren't going to post saying they like their dad becasue it's not intresting. We're going to hear a bunch of people comlaining for either legitimet reason or retarded reasons. I bet only 1 in 15 posts will have posotive messages about their dads.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Greeneyes Alchemist @ Jul 8 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]419822[/snapback]

You need to spend less time at the computer and more time with your parents. You won't have as many chances to get to know them after you hit 18.
Zarpia
QUOTE(kittygirl @ Jul 8 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]419840[/snapback]

nah, I love my dad too. Even thought he might have giving us specially my mom a hard time, I still love him, I just don't look at him the same way I used to.
Automne
I can say that I'm proud to have a father like mine. I can talk to him about everything and he's ready to do anything to cheer me up if I'm feeling depressed (don't read: 'He's ready to buy me anything if that can cheer me up'. Not at all, even if I would love to! tongue.gif). He often acts childish, but I don't complain often since it's funny most of the time. We don't really share the same opinion on some subjects, but it sometimes brings up interesting arguments...Huh...Even though we don't really discuss these serious subjects often.

So yeah, I love my dad, and I feel lucky to have him.
Chiyo
QUOTE(kittygirl @ Jul 9 2006, 12:11 AM) [snapback]419840[/snapback]

There is a slight difference between loving them and liking them. I know someone who loves his dad, even though he doesn't live with him anymore as he was abusive.

My dad just can't communicate. Most of the time we talk a little bit and he is good at buying gifts and such but I have to start conversations. I do love him but he has done some harsh things to me (not petty 'he didn't get me a dolly' sort of harsh), and at those times I didn't like him at all.
kojirou
QUOTE(kittygirl @ Jul 8 2006, 04:11 PM) [snapback]419840[/snapback]

Apparently, not everyone's dad is like yours. You sure are lucky.
BloodLust Wolf
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 8 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]419842[/snapback]

QUOTE(BloodLust Wolf @ Jul 8 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]419765[/snapback]

In FMA Ed really hates his father because he left them all. I hate mine for that same reson and much more.
Ed an Al are lucky copared to me. I DIDN'T CHOOSE THIS

I don't remember Ed and Al choosing for Hoho to leave. No one choose their parental situation.

Does it matter? I think Greeny loves her dad even if she doesn't know him...
The thing is people aren't going to post saying they like their dad becasue it's not intresting. We're going to hear a bunch of people comlaining for either legitimet reason or retarded reasons. I bet only 1 in 15 posts will have posotive messages about their dads.

I'm not wineing over stupid over stupid crap like that I pretty much got over it. But its so stuck in my head that its never going to leave. Life sucks and I'm almost broken I can never tell it to someone without them getting the wrong idea.
asunder
QUOTE(BloodLust Wolf @ Jul 9 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]420018[/snapback]

I'm not wineing over stupid over stupid crap like that I pretty much got over it. But its so stuck in my head that its never going to leave. Life sucks and I'm almost broken I can never tell it to someone without them getting the wrong idea.

You have issues ... and need therapy.
Chiyo
Bah, most people have issues like these and complain in much the same way. Doesn't do any good mind.
BloodLust Wolf

[/quote]

Yes I do have issues, but I don't need therapy. I deal with my feelings(like I got any). My best friend said that I hide my feelings alot and maybe its true but I don't care its my life and I run no one else is going to run my life for me.
asunder
QUOTE(BloodLust Wolf @ Jul 9 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]420024[/snapback]

Yes I do have issues, but I don't need therapy. I deal with my feelings(like I got any). My best friend said that I hide my feelings alot and maybe its true but I don't care its my life and I run no one else is going to run my life for me.

well you made this thread and it seemed like a cry for attention. Not as in being an attention whore...just something that's been eating away at you. Therapy might do you some good. It can be as simple as just talking to someone like a friend, writing out your feelings, or spamming internet message boards. It can be more complex where you lay down on a couch while a guy analyzes your dreams. Everything will give you some sort of emotional and psychological relief.

Just know that
1) life is unfair.
2) If you have your health and still have loved ones around you. Then you should be more appreciative of that, than anything else.
BloodLust Wolf

well you made this thread and it seemed like a cry for attention. Not as in being an attention whore...just something that's been eating away at you. Therapy might do you some good. It can be as simple as just talking to someone like a friend, writing out your feelings, or spamming internet message boards. It can be more complex where you lay down on a couch while a guy analyzes your dreams. Everything will give you some sort of emotional and psychological relief.

Just know that
1) life is unfair.
2) If you have your health and still have loved ones around you. Then you should be more appreciative of that, than anything else.
[/quote]
Naww it not for attentoin not even close to it. I just need to get it out and throw it away so I can move on and tackle my main goals(Like creating new caracters for my comic).

I hate the fact that most people only care about what happen to them and start mopping around feeling sorry for themself saying "Oh poor me I'm so misunderstood"
MeLRizA
QUOTE(BloodLust Wolf @ Jul 9 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]420024[/snapback]

I don't like to say this but I have to, I agree with your friend. You should try to open up your true feelings with your dad as all it takes is just you to talk to him. A "sorry" would be of a much help too although it wasn't entirely your fault. After that, your relationship with him would be restroed, don't you want that? rolleyes.gif I believe no father would hate his own children no matter how cruel he may be, because his love for you is hidden underneath and you need to dig it up. C'mon, he's still your blood-father and you're still his daughter right? Be at least greatful that your dad is still "around", some people don't even have fathers at all.

I do have some problems with my dad till there was once that he and my mom refused to talk to me. I speak up and told him how I feel, and everything is resolved. Yup, and I have to say how greatful I am to have a great father like him and I can go on ranting how great he has been to me.
asunder
QUOTE(MeLRizA @ Jul 9 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]420046[/snapback]

I don't like to say this but I have to, I agree with your friend. You should try to open up your true feelings with your dad as all it takes is just you to talk to him. A "sorry" would be of a much help too although it wasn't entirely your fault. After that, your relationship with him would be restroed, don't you want that? rolleyes.gif I believe no father would hate his own children no matter how cruel he may be, because his love for you is hidden underneath and you need to dig it up. C'mon, he's still your blood-father and you're still his daughter right? Be at least greatful that your dad is still "around", some people don't even have fathers at all.

I do have some problems with my dad till there was once that he and my mom refused to talk to me. I speak up and told him how I feel, and everything is resolved. Yup, and I have to say how greatful I am to have a great father like him and I can go on ranting how great he has been to me.

this is assuming a bit too much. we dont' know the circumstances nor the specifics. all i can tell is that there are issues of abandonment, neglect and resentment. But, those are up to BloodLust Wolf to deal with, since she knows her own situation.
BloodLust Wolf
QUOTE(MeLRizA @ Jul 9 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]420046[/snapback]
at all[/i].

Well my real father was a kid himself still and my mom had me at sixteen like I said I was to young to remember and thank god but I'm angry becuse everyone Knew exsept me and my two sisters and I'm also mad because they told me. The youngest sister turns out to be the daughter of the man who I thaught was my father. Now me and Lustergirl or being rejected by the man who raised us first.

QUOTE(BloodLust Wolf @ Jul 9 2006, 08:53 AM) [snapback]420050[/snapback]

QUOTE(MeLRizA @ Jul 9 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]420046[/snapback]
at all[/i].

Well my real father was a kid himself still and my mom had me at sixteen like I said I was to young to remember and thank god but I'm angry becuse everyone Knew exsept me and my two sisters and I'm also mad because they told me. The youngest sister turns out to be the daughter of the man who I thaught was my father. Now me and Lustergirl or being rejected by the man who raised us first.
but I still love my step father even though it hurts.
MeLRizA
^ Gosh, I'm speechless about your situation. I may as well give up.. I hope something will be done between you, Lustergirl and your dad.. Its great to know you still love your stepdad too.
Popogeejo

I have no idea what you just said.

The youngest sister turns out to be the daughter of the man who I thaught was my father

So?
BloodLust Wolf
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 9 2006, 09:06 AM) [snapback]420054[/snapback]

The youngest sister turns out to be the daughter of the man who I thaught was my father

So?

I wouldn't even try to exsplain it to you.
Popogeejo
Why not. You've been saying it in an incoherent style already so why not clear things up?
Carnal Malefactor
I think their whole family might be slightly retarded. I already had to warn her sister multiple times for spamming constantly.
BloodLust Wolf
QUOTE(Void @ Jul 9 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]420078[/snapback]

I think their whole family might be slightly retarded. I already had to warn her sister multiple times for spamming constantly.

Well not really exsept the younger sister and I'm sorry for the Luster brat of a sister . I'll tell you this she hates it when you call her mainerd. Don't ask why.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(BloodLust Wolf @ Jul 9 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]420087[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ Jul 9 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]420078[/snapback]

Well not really exsept the younger sister and I'm sorry for the Luster brat of a sister . I'll tell you this she hates it when you call her mainerd. Don't ask why.

The word is e-x-c-e-p-t.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(BloodLust Wolf @ Jul 9 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]420087[/snapback]

What the hell does that have to do with anything?
Annoys me your Grammar does, English propperly please use.

QUOTE(Void)
I think their whole family might be slightly retarded.

Do I have to be polite and understanding then?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 9 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]420096[/snapback]

No, you can be as rude and abusive as you want, as long as it's within forum rules. wink.gif
Migchao
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 9 2006, 09:06 AM) [snapback]420054[/snapback]

She is trying to say is that since her mom gave birth to her when she was still a teenager so the family had a problem with it. And then, I think what she means, is that her little sister's father was BloodLust's stepfather. And I can't understand the last sentence but here goes my try. I'll decipher it: "Now Lustergirl and I are being rejected by our real father"

Though I don't understand why they are being rejected; I have to read the entire thread again to check up on any points I missed. Daddies aren't acting like daddies it seems. blink.gif

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 9 2006, 09:25 AM) [snapback]420063[/snapback]

Why not. You've been saying it in an incoherent style already so why not clear things up?

She's probably in a rush. Or she can't explain it well. I wouldn't be able to explain it very well myself if I were her Though I would write it using proper grammar, punctuation and spelling.

But yeah, I don't want to spend my time trying to make sense of every post she makes.

QUOTE(Void @ Jul 9 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]420108[/snapback]

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 9 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]420096[/snapback]

No, you can be as rude and abusive as you want, as long as it's within forum rules. wink.gif

Let's all try to be nice. I don't want to fight with anyone again. I already have a bad reputation as it is.
Popogeejo
I love how you talk for other folks so confidently. :eyeroll:
Migchao
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 9 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]420122[/snapback]

I love how you talk for other folks so confidently. :eyeroll:

Huh? huh.gif That sounds like sarcasm...
AlphonseRules
That's because it is.
Ed's_Girl
True fathers... deep down don't they love you? I feel that they did not consider what was up w/ their father. I wouldn't hate him. Like Ed said "I don't know him enough" Fathers... TOPICS! I'm confusing myself. see?
sweety_pie
I don't exactly hate my father either..I just don't know him enough to hate him, or like him.The main reason I don't like him is because in the last 8 years he hasn't even called me at all.I've only talked to him once, and my Mom had to call him.(Don't you think if he loved me, or my brothers, and sisters, he would call us.)
And I dislike my step father bescause,..well he's a jerk.He always makes promises he never keeps.I just try not to get my hopes up when he makes promises.

But I'm perfectly fine not knowing my birth father, and disliking my stepfather.
Ed's_Girl
LOVE... one word for it's knowledge... Right?
*sigh*
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Ed's_Girl @ Jul 9 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]420137[/snapback]

LOVE... one word for it's knowledge... Right?
*sigh*

You drunk?
Your last 2 posts made no sense.
ἀρχή
QUOTE(asu @ Jul 9 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]420019[/snapback]

Don't we all have issues and need therapy tongue.gif

Anyway, I'm a father and my daugher hasn't started to hate me yet, but I expect she will soon enough laugh.gif
22-250
I love my Dad. Sure, he gets on everybody's nerves, but I still love him.
The Lightnig Emperor
i dont acually like my father... at first he show his good sides, after that the bad side, and super strick a different father. if a small problem he make it a big prbolem for him and get things complicated...
Nepharski
My father is an awesome guy. I can tell him anything, and he'll listen. Sometimes, that's all you need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.