Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 61 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Kirara
I am pretty sure the live journal links are locked so here is the link directly courtesy of Kasumicc.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/szvrvg
Nepharski
From reading the livejournal summary, I've come to a reasonable and substantial conclusion.
Kimbley. Is. Freaking. Insane.
Antimony
I stayed up til 1:30 downloading the torrent. Then I added a spoiler warning in the thread title so we could start blabbing. biggrin.gif
Nepharski
Oh! You just renamed the thread.

For a moment there, I was wondering What the Hell? How'd the spoiler party thread get 4 pages in a few minutes?

Tried downloading it, only to be slapped in the face by Winzip. I'll have to wait for the Manga Viewer or MSN 2.0 if I want to read it.
AA battery
*downloading*

I wonder if the chapter will once again disappoint me that it won't have Ed and Al? @___@

Edit:

omg... ok I am happy that this arc about war has finally ended. I am not that fond of this arc because of its bloodiness and creulty... but well, it has finally ended. I am glad.

Kimbrely is so crazy @________@

And now we are 100% certain that Roy knew about Riza's back all along. (In front of the little grave Riza made for an Ishbal child, Riza asked Roy to burn away the secret on her back) I wonder when her back's secret will be used......

Scar's brother... *sigh* in order to stop Scar's bleeding, transmuted so that he can give one of his arm to Scar. It kinda make sense why it works that way... I think Scar's brother said this before: Right arm for decomposition, left arm for reconstruction. He "decomposed" his own right arm and use his left arm to reconstruct it onto Scar............. yet his attempt to save his brother, indirectly caused Winry's parents' death ;____; (see how traumadized Scar was when he saw his "new" arm??)

*sigh* I can't wait to see the next chapter. Finally I am more motivated to read the next chapter. Wasn't that motivated to read FMA at all during the past few months because it was obvious that it's just more and more war and I don't like wars @___@
Aoko-chan
This chapter was quite good

Kimbley has probably gone quite insane. Eating the stone. I wonder why Envy was looking like that O.o

Alas, Scar's bro (we didn't even get his name!!!) transmuted his arm onto Scar...which then killed the Rockbells. Kimbley looked scary when he was talking about the Rockbells. He said something about liking people like them or something. Anyways, alot of deaths in this chapter.

Yay, another mini Roiai scene (the talk about the tattoo on her back like what Armor Alchemist mentined)

Bradley also said something about Roy. About seeing ambition in his eyes (I think). Its also good to see how Roy got his group together (there was more about Hawkeye than the others, but who cares, at least there was something)

Now I can't wait for the next chapter!!!!! Back to the present now biggrin.gif

Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jul 12 2006, 07:44 AM) [snapback]420943[/snapback]

Oh! You just renamed the thread.

For a moment there, I was wondering What the Hell? How'd the spoiler party thread get 4 pages in a few minutes?

LOL, yeah, me too laugh.gif

Well, just a few comments here and there, for I have lotsa work to do...

- No surprises... Scar was indeed the Rockbell's killer due to sudden wrath sad.gif Oh well, I knew I was hoping in vain. At least the scene was really well done. And, hey, their death is not shown specifically so there still might be h... happy.gif yeah, yeah, I'll shut up now. sleep.gif

- Kimbley, that'd be the big revelation from this chapter... First, he claps sad.gif (well, he puts his hands together, doesn't actually clap, but whatever), like in the anime. Why? I say, he already as the circles, he shouldn't need it... Second... people doesn't go boom... EVERYTHING can! ohmy.gif this makes him quite scarier... Third, obviously the Stone in his stomach blink.gif why won't he use it to get out of the jail? yeah, maybe since he can't put together his hands now he can't do alchemy at all, but how come he let himself be imprisoned in the first place? My take is that he's waiting paciently for sth... what? Figures.

- Apparently one of the military superiors was Envy... my take is that he was "freaky eyes", keeping in mind how he suggested the possibility of the Rockbells dying accidentally in the heat of the battle... Anyway, he was either Envy or dead... so so much for the Pride theory happy.gifU, but I prefer it this way (still hopes for she!Pride).

And dunno what else to say... Oh yeah, the recruiting scene looked like one of those crappy military presentation scenes... you know as in:
*cheap military music in the background*
Name: xxxxxx. Specialty: xxxxxxxxxx
*badass-looking-wannabe take on the guy*
Name: yyyyyy. Specialty: yyyyyyyy
etc.

Well, Arakawa did say she was a fan of B-movies and stuff, so I guess these kind of scenes (or the kind of movies/series where these scenes show up) are also in her preferences. XDDD
Go, Geek!Arakawa sensei, go! ( >.<)--o

And, well, "That's a gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddd sound!!" wink.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, and another Stray Dog bottle for the count ( n_n)-b
Reika
....!! isn't it beautifull what Roy tells tp Riza??? and so damn tragic too??!!! if Arakawa's pretending to kill Roy by that she may die...
Sannom
I have a question : does somebody has the same feeling than me concerning the little notebook? I think that this notebook has all Scar's brother's knowledge in it. And I think Scar will use it some day to complete his tatoos. And we will be able to see what he can do with the two, because we didn't see anything in this chapter, except for the arm.
Aoko-chan
QUOTE(Sannom @ Jul 12 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]421050[/snapback]

I have a question : does somebody has the same feeling than me concerning the little notebook? I think that this notebook has all Scar's brother's knowledge in it. And I think Scar will use it some day to complete his tatoos. And we will be able to see what he can do with the two, because we didn't see anything in this chapter, except for the arm.

Yeah I also have that feeling. Why else would Scar's Bro I wanna know his name!!! give the notebook to him (I can't think of any other reason except that at this moment)

*sighs and waits for the translations and the next chapter*
GS4Life
Okay for those who don't have the raw yet, just check the new FMA MSN picture section(you have to be at the home page for the link I think) . Raw pics are there and I'd post a direct link, but I don't know if that be a good idea.
Animeoldtimer
Do you mean the new FMA group? Because I didn't see a picture section there or do you mean msn.com?
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.
paca
^ HeRe laugh.gif
Animeoldtimer
Thanks. I just became a member again so now it's working for me. biggrin.gif
tiggerfactory
QUOTE (Aoko-chan @ Jul 12 2006, 12:22 AM) *
This chapter was quite good

Kimbley has probably gone quite insane. Eating the stone. I wonder why Envy was looking like that O.o

Probably because he was the one that started the war by disgusing himself of Amestris soldier and shot a child!
And he was just...enjoying the show >_<
Sensenic
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Jul 12 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]421063[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sannom @ Jul 12 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]421050[/snapback]

Yeah I also have that feeling. Why else would Scar's Bro I wanna know his name!!! give the notebook to him (I can't think of any other reason except that at this moment)

*sighs and waits for the translations and the next chapter*

I think, if I got it right, that he gave them to him in case he died. You know, so his research wouldn't disappear with him. Scar, of course, got pissed off at it, but in the end he kept it.... so we can guess he probably still has it with him somewhere indeed....

So, now we know that there's not only Mei chan to teach rentanjutsu to the Elrics... Scar's booky may take a part on it too. Or not. Who knows.

Whatever, from next week, back to the future! Yaaay! Lingreed! >.<

And also it means volume 14 will be 4 chapters as per usual. ending with Riza's tattoo. And volume 15 the whole Ishval FB.
Most probably.
Nepharski
Seen the RAW. Raises a question of what happened to Scar's brother, though. I didn't see him get killed. Think Scar might have just assumed it?
Antimony
There were not many surprises in this chapter since we've known for a while what was going to happen, but it's a relief to finally see it. Now I just need to see some English words! I really want to know what all that dialogue is between Roy and Riza! There's so much and I can't make any sense out of it whatsoever!

I feel a lot more sympathy for Scar now. Even though he murdered the Rockbells, he just seems so devastated and pathetic over the loss of his home and brother. I really hope he gets his chance to fight Kimbley once and for all.

Speaking of which, I'm curious as to how Kimbley could end up in jail after swallowing that stone fragment? Wouldn't he be too powerful to capture? And what kind of effect would it have on his body and mind? One thing's for sure, there's not much sanity left in him if he ever had any.

There's a guy who appears on page 59 who looks tremendously like Archer, but is he same guy? Is his name mentioned? What is he saying to Roy?

It seems Creepy Eyeball Man wasn't reallly Pride after all. He's either dead or he's Envy. Ah, well. One more suspect scratched from the list.

I'm glad that now we'll be going back to the normal timeline again. What will Ed do with all this information? Did Riza tell him about the tattoo?
Nepharski
QUOTE(Antimony @ Jul 12 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]421195[/snapback]
There's a guy who appears on page 59 who looks tremendously like Archer, but is he same guy? Is his name mentioned? What is he saying to Roy?

That what I thought to..

As far as Kimbley goes, I might assume they sent another State Alchemist after him, or perhaps the stone was eventually depleated, as Marcoh's research said it would. They could also nap him in his sleep. He needs to clap to perform alchemcy, so they'd just need to incapacitate his hands and bingo.

I'll say this for the Big K, though...he looks pretty badass on the first page.

Kirara
If you think about it Envy was indirectly responsible for killing Winry's parents but then so is Kimbley's parents. I wonder if he kept that photo on. I really hope he gets out of jail because he would be a cool antagonist for the characters to deal with.

Also did Scar's brother go through the doors. I'm a little confused of that.

I'm glad that now we'll be going back to the normal timeline again. What will Ed do with all this information? Did Riza tell him about the tattoo?

Yeah I am really interested in that as well. Since Riza was telling the story to Ed you would think she would tell him all the parts that involved her and Roy (she wouldn't know about Scar and his brother.) I wonder what his reaction to the tattoo is also she would have to tell him Roy's motivation for wanting to become fuhrer. I wonder what Ed's reaction to all of this would be.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Kirara @ Jul 12 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]421253[/snapback]

If you think about it Envy was indirectly responsible for killing Winry's parents but then so is Kimbley's parents. I wonder if he kept that photo on. I really hope he gets out of jail because he would be a cool antagonist for the characters to deal with.

Oh I defintely think he kept the photo. Depending on what the English translation has him saying at the scene of the Rockbells, I may have a few things to say on him and that picture.

As I've theoreticized before (which I do to much, but what can I say? I'm addicted to musing on things), Scar will kill Marcoh, and then the Homunculi will need to call on another on-hand alchemist for sacrifice, simply out of need. They'll try and get Kimbley, but he'll probably escape.
N. Havoc J.
QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Jul 11 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]420739[/snapback]

Does this mean it's out but just needs to be scanned?

One more question. In the Chapter cover, who is the person on the bottom left corner next to Gluttony?

That is Alphonse's body sitting in front of his gate.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jul 13 2006, 01:37 AM) [snapback]421194[/snapback]

Seen the RAW. Raises a question of what happened to Scar's brother, though. I didn't see him get killed. Think Scar might have just assumed it?

(unspoilered it cuz the thread title says it all wink.gif )
Yeah I noticed that last night too... Come to think of it, out of the original questions, this flashback hasn't
explicitly shown neither Scar's brother's death nor the Rockbells' death (yeah, there I go again happy.gifU)... But instead it has added new enigmas, such as Kimbley's stone and Scar's brother's (it's bothersome to keep calling him that way x_x) notebook.

Interesting.
QUOTE(Antimony @ Jul 13 2006, 01:38 AM) [snapback]421195[/snapback]

There were not many surprises in this chapter since we've known for a while what was going to happen, but it's a relief to finally see it. Now I just need to see some English words! I really want to know what all that dialogue is between Roy and Riza! There's so much and I can't make any sense out of it whatsoever!

Read Kirara's post on "fav. quotes" thread to see how it went a little. ohmy.gif

Speaking of which, I'm curious as to how Kimbley could end up in jail after swallowing that stone fragment? Wouldn't he be too powerful to capture? And what kind of effect would it have on his body and mind? One thing's for sure, there's not much sanity left in him if he ever had any.

I wondered it myself.

And came up with only 2 possible conclusions: either he's gone completely mad and he doesn't give a damn about his own life and therefore doesn't care about being arrested, or, seeing how he, despite his madness, has proven to be quite a racional person, and he's shown thinking before swallowing the stone, my personal bet is that he's up to sth. Dunno what, but whatever it is, he's pacient enough to let himself be arrested (maybe in order to not become a pursued outlaw, which he could do indeed, he had the power to run away uncaptured, but life afterwards would probably be too bothersome for him, I figure happy.gif) and wait for "his chance" or whatever it is quietly in jail.

What we certainly know for sure. tho' is the reason why he hasn't been executed yet (since he was rather discarded as a HSC), Envy knows he has a stone inside him, and I guess Father's gang decided to keep him stable in prison while thinking of a way of taking advantage of that or getting back the stone.

And, yeah, there's also the possibility he could have just depleted the stone by now, but then why introduce this at all? Plus, if he was impossibilited soon after being arrested (which would have been the most logical thing to do) by keeping his hands separated (I still don't like him having to "clap" sad.gif ), he wouldn't even have had the chance to use it. So I believe it is still whole inside him (unless he went to the toilet some day and whoops! tongue.gif ), for future pwnage wink.gif

He's the boss of Roy's "squad", of which he was completely unaware that he had them under his orders, as he just went ahead and did all the killing by himself sleep.gifU. And they're grateful to him for not having put their lives in danger.

also, this makes Roy realize he didn't remember any name from the people from his own squad and even less any of his enemies'... and I think that makes him feel a little more guilty, and that's why he cares so much about his "underlings" tongue.gif afterwards.

I think.

Better wait for the translation tho' happy.gifU
Aoko-chan
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Jul 13 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]421326[/snapback]

Yeah I noticed that last night too... Come to think of it, out of the original questions, this flashback hasn't
explicitly shown neither Scar's brother's death nor the Rockbells' death (yeah, there I go again happy.gifU)... But instead it has added new enigmas, such as Kimbley's stone and Scar's brother's (it's bothersome to keep calling him that way x_x) notebook.

Very good enigmas alright. Scar's bro's notebook may hold the knowledge to Rentanjutsu, and lead to the Elrics being able to use alchemy in the presence of Father. But I wonder if Scar still has the notebook with him. I do think so though, other wise Arakawa might have not shown us that scene. The notebook might not only have knowlege about Rentanjutsu, but about Alchemy's power. Scar's bro said something about "There's something strange about this country's Alchemy" in chapter 59. The notebook might lead the Elrics and us to the knowldege of what is strange too.

And came up with only 2 possible conclusions: either he's gone completely mad and he doesn't give a damn about his own life and therefore doesn't care about being arrested, or, seeing how he, despite his madness, has proven to be quite a racional person, and he's shown thinking before swallowing the stone, my personal bet is that he's up to sth. Dunno what, but whatever it is, he's pacient enough to let himself be arrested (maybe in order to not become a pursued outlaw, which he could do indeed, he had the power to run away uncaptured, but life afterwards would probably be too bothersome for him, I figure happy.gif) and wait for "his chance" or whatever it is quietly in jail.

I also agree with that over the possibility of the stone being depleted. Kimbley should be up to something. ANyways, another reason that he isn't dead yet is because of Father. I'm pretty sure that Kimbley would play a pretty big role in the future regarding the stone, seeing that he has the stone in him.

What is pretty interesting is that even though he has the stone inside of him, he hasn't been Homonculus-fied. His mentality might have been slightly altered, but seeing him like that even *before* swalling the stone, it might not be the case. I want to know what effects the stone has done to him besides increase his power. Maybe its because that stone wasn't created from/by Father so its effects weren't as great as they were with the case with Ling and Bradley? Since the stone that Kimbley has is created by Marcoh or other scientists. Or is it that Ling's and Bradley's "stones" were transferred into the bloodstream, not the stomach. Therefore, it is easier to affect the brain in their case more than Kimbley's case. But that's just what I thought up..

He's the boss of Roy's "squad", of which he was completely unaware that he had them under his orders, as he just went ahead and did all the killing by himself sleep.gifU. And they're grateful to him for not having put their lives in danger.

also, this makes Roy realize he didn't remember any name from the people from his own squad and even less any of his enemies'... and I think that makes him feel a little more guilty, and that's why he cares so much about his "underlings" tongue.gif afterwards.

Yeah, that's why he cares about his "underlings" so much afterwards. But not only his underlings, I think ha pays alot more "attention" to his workmates and friends more too. His actions during the war probably won the hearts/loyalty of alot of people eventhough he wasn't totally aware of it.

Just a thought, people learn alot thru guilt don't they.

Now we just have to wait for the full english translations and then we can fully theorize. biggrin.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Jul 13 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]421334[/snapback]

Very good enigmas alright. Scar's bro's notebook may hold the knowledge to Rentanjutsu, and lead to the Elrics being able to use alchemy in the presence of Father. But I wonder if Scar still has the notebook with him. I do think so though, other wise Arakawa might have not shown us that scene. The notebook might not only have knowlege about Rentanjutsu, but about Alchemy's power. Scar's bro said something about "There's something strange about this country's Alchemy" in chapter 59. The notebook might lead the Elrics and us to the knowldege of what is strange too.

Oh, true, the "strange" thing... Since rentanjutsu, apparently, can be learnt through the teachings of Mei Chan (once she recovers from her trauma XD), the notes' role will probably be to show/teach that "strange thing about this country's alchemy".

Good point!

What is pretty interesting is that even though he has the stone inside of him, he hasn't been Homonculus-fied. His mentality might have been slightly altered, but seeing him like that even *before* swalling the stone, it might not be the case. I want to know what effects the stone has done to him besides increase his power. Maybe its because that stone wasn't created from/by Father so its effects weren't as great as they were with the case with Ling and Bradley? Since the stone that Kimbley has is created by Marcoh or other scientists. Or is it that Ling's and Bradley's "stones" were transferred into the bloodstream, not the stomach. Therefore, it is easier to affect the brain in their case more than Kimbley's case. But that's just what I thought up..

I attribute the lack of hommunculus-transformation to the stone being an imperfect/incomplete one, like Cornello's. It's just 13 souls (IIRC) in there.

And yeah, what you said about it having to mix with the blood makes sense too.

Guess it's both, then happy.gif
Just a thought, people learn alot thru guilt don't they.

Indeed.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Jul 13 2006, 12:29 AM) [snapback]421326[/snapback]
(unspoilered it cuz the thread title says it all wink.gif )

Actually, it dawned on me last night. Wasn't the reason Scar's Brother transmuted his arm to his brother because he saw that Scar would die of the injury inflicted by Kimbley? That said, going with equivolent exchange, he sacrifice his own well being for his brother's. Scar's mortal wound became his own, so although we didn't specifically see it, it's logical to suppose that Scar's brother died of those injuries.

Still...even with that, one thing doesn't sit right with me.

In the English translation of Vol. 7, Scar's teacher remarks that "You're brother will be sad," as opposed to "You're brother would be sad." To me, this communicates one of two things; either Scar's brother is alive somewhere, or Ishablians believe that their fellow believers look down on Earth from the Heavens (Not an uncommon belief, even amongst the non-religious).

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
Aoko-chan
Having read part of the translation done by ZOMGFTA, about Roy's and Riza's conversation clears up somethings about the scar/burn on her back and the tattoo. Riza, according to the translation, says something like (can't remember the exact translation) "Burn the tattoo, so there would not be anymore Flame Alchemists". This /probably/ means that the tattoo is flame alchemy centric, and the "power" that Riza's dad mentioned is probably flame alchemy related and Roy /might/ know about that. But I still think that there is more to the tattoo than just flame alchemy. I hope so.

*waits patiently for the rest of the translations*

I thought that the conversation with Hughes and Roy was also pretty cool. He said something about him protecting his subordinates, and his subordinates protecting their subordinates. Something I just thought up, Bradley separating Roy from his subordinates might actually strenghten Roy's ideals. True, separating them from Roy somewhat "disables" Roy to achieve his goal, since its harder to contact/communicate with his supports. But, if we look it at a point of view regarding his "theory" of his subordinates protecting their subordinates and within that "protecting" share Roy's ideals, there /could/ be a bigger resistance to Bradley. But I can't say anything for sure, since the whole translation isn't out yet.
Greedy_Greed
I just so happened to pick up Volume 7 the other day as well.
Judging from the comment made by his teacher, Scar's brother may very well still be alive.
Scar's comment "There's no turning back for me" may mean that his brother is still alive, but gave up on using alchemy for revenge.
ElvishVamp
I also noticed that the death of Scar's brother was not specifically shown. If he is still alive, I don't think Scar knows about it, though. *starts contemplating random conspiracy theories involving Scar's brother*

Scar's brother reminded me very much of Ed. Scar has compared Ed to his brother in previous chapters (can't remember exact chapter numbers, but like when Ed was protecting Winry), so even if he's not alive that could come into play later.

Regarding Kimbly: I like him. I especially liked what he said about the Rockbells. Something along the lines of "Protecting people was their duty. I like people who stick to their duty." It's possible that Kimbly was captured by one of the homuncculi. If I had to guess, I'd say Envy.
Antimony
BUMP!

Just thought you folks would like to know that CSakuraS is planning to have the scanlation done by either tonight or tomorrow morning. Look forward to it!
Kirara
Just thought you folks would like to know that CSakuraS is planning to have the scanlation done by either tonight or tomorrow morning. Look forward to it!

Just a little correction, Csakuras does the translation, Umeko does the scanlation. smile.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Antimony @ Jul 19 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]423400[/snapback]

BUMP!

Finally. I've been checking the MSN site every day for a week now.
Panda_Battle
QUOTE(Antimony @ Jul 19 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]423400[/snapback]

BUMP!

Great! i can't wait for the translations! i have only been able to read the raw chapter 61 from downloading it from rawmanga.com

QUOTE(Greedy_Greed @ Jul 14 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]421797[/snapback]

I just so happened to pick up Volume 7 the other day as well.
Judging from the comment made by his teacher, Scar's brother may very well still be alive.
Scar's comment "There's no turning back for me" may mean that his brother is still alive, but gave up on using alchemy for revenge.

i agree i also was reading the whole series over in the manga books and i also noticed the wording the scars teacher used that your brother will be sad, not would be.

QUOTE(GS4Life @ Jul 12 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]421108[/snapback]

Okay for those who don't have the raw yet, just check the new FMA MSN picture section(you have to be at the home page for the link I think) . Raw pics are there and I'd post a direct link, but I don't know if that be a good idea.

The FMA group by MSN has been disabled for admistrative purposes. you can get the RAW from rawmanga.com. also at msn u can go to a naruto manga group.
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE(Panda_Battle @ Jul 19 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]423436[/snapback]

i agree i also was reading the whole series over in the manga books and i also noticed the wording the scars teacher used that your brother will be sad, not would be.

I think it's just a matter of translation. The translation I read (online mind you) said "would." It would be interesting if he were alive, though. Here's a link:

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemistV-...oto&PhotoID=114

Sannom
Translation out. And I can't have it because I don't understand the hint fot the password. And now can somebody give me the password??? I am French, I don't understand this hint!
Colette
Kimbley is insane. Period.

And I think Scar's brother might be alive. But it's a big maybe.
#1_alchemist
omg! chapter 61 translated is out but I can't figure out the password!!! ohmy.gif sad.gif mad.gif
does anybody know it?
Here's the hint: Electronic machines overheat
sooooo confusinggg...*sob*
paca
Electronic Machines Overhated

Like : Full Metal Alchemist = Fma
Antimony
http://zomgfta.com

The password hint is "electronic machines overheated," which in abbreviated form spells the password; "emo."
#1_alchemist
Ahh. emo....I would have never though of that. Thank you so much!
Antimony
I was hoping there'd be a little extra something in this chapter since it's the anniversary of FMA. There's some color images and extra omake pix. Not much humor to be found in such a dark storyline about war and death. Roy really was emo in this chapter, along with everyone else. But the good news is that now it's over and soon we'll be going back to business as usual.

Hasn't anyone else read it yet?? Hurry up! I can't have a discussion by myself!
Panda_Battle
QUOTE(Antimony @ Jul 20 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]423620[/snapback]

http://zomgfta.com

The password hint is "electronic machines overheated," which in abbreviated form spells the password; "emo."

ty for the password hint but can someone tell me how do i get a username on zomgtfa.com cause i am new to joining this website and zomgtfa.

QUOTE(Antimony @ Jul 20 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]423717[/snapback]

I was hoping there'd be a little extra something in this chapter since it's the anniversary of FMA. There's some color images and extra omake pix. Not much humor to be found in such a dark storyline about war and death. Roy really was emo in this chapter, along with everyone else. But the good news is that now it's over and soon we'll be going back to business as usual.

i haven't read it yet mind helping me plz i don't know how to log in to download the chapter.
Colette
The username is fmanga.

QUOTE(Antimony @ Jul 20 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]423717[/snapback]

I've read it.

As for discussions, what about Kimbley eating the stone? Wonder what that did to him.
Nil-chan
Kimblee eating the stone? I think it's just like him having the stone with him at all times. We're not sure it was the completed version of the stone either, but from what we know, the stone has to enter the blood stream for him to become a homunculus, and we know he can't be Sloth or Pride, since both of them were created long before Kimblee was born. I think eating it was just his way of keeping it in his pocket, except no one would steal it. You have to wonder though, if the stone ever passed through his system... o_0
Aoko-chan
QUOTE(Nil-chan @ Jul 21 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]423755[/snapback]

Kimblee eating the stone? I think it's just like him having the stone with him at all times. We're not sure it was the completed version of the stone either, but from what we know, the stone has to enter the blood stream for him to become a homunculus, and we know he can't be Sloth or Pride, since both of them were created long before Kimblee was born. I think eating it was just his way of keeping it in his pocket, except no one would steal it. You have to wonder though, if the stone ever passed through his system... o_0

Yeah, him eating the stone ensures him that he will have that power with him at all times. I doubt that it was the completed stone, like the ones that were used with Ling and Bradley (those stones were "made" by Father). I think that this stone was made by a group of scientists/alchemists/doctors like Marcoh. Maybe, I'm not sure. I want to know how eating the stone has affected him. I doubt that the stone passed through his system fully, because if it did, more effects should've been shown. Maybe it somewhat passed through, but not to the extent of Ling or Wrath. Even if the stone passed through his system, it didn't have alot of physical effects yet from what we saw of him in volume 3 or 4. Emotional/pyscological effects, maybe, but then again, this is Kimbley who wasn't quite "normal" from the beginning (as of Ishval flashback).

I wonder, though, how Kimbley's stone will be used in the future. I think that it's still preserved within his stomach (let's hope its stomach-acid resistant so it won't loose its properties like Lust's stone when she died).

And for Royai references: this chapter was full of them. From Riza asking Roy to burn the tattoo on her back to Roy asking her to protect his back. Lots of trust going on here. And both Riza's and Roy's words in this chapter are very meaningful.

Roy's "I will protect those below me, and inturn those below me will protect those below them" and "you may call it idealist or simple, but when it is accomplished, it will be nothing more than something that is possible" (this quote is so true...) and " If we become unable to talk about our ideals, the evolution of humans would come to an end" (this is also true I think)

Riza's ".....even if it had undesired results, I cannot run from the facts" is probably very true..and her application of Alchemical theory to being a soldier to shouldering corpses and crossing a river of blood so that the new generation will enjoy happiness is honorable (just like the rest of Roy's mustang team, ahhh)

So many cool quotes in this chapter..

Anyways *feels weird and stupid to ask this* how is denying, atoning, or begging for forgiveness is the arrogance of those who did the killing? I kinda get it, and I kinda don't....

Tombow
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Jul 20 2006, 11:20 PM) [snapback]423814[/snapback]
...how is denying, atoning, or begging for forgiveness is the arrogance of those who did the killing? I kinda get it, and I kinda don't....
The way I took it, "denying, atoning, or begging for forgiveness" are like, seeking "easy way out" to be "wiped clean."
And, the way I took part of what Riza was saying was that "things we did aren't, and shouldn't be wiped clean that easily (by denying, atoning, or begging jfor forgiveness.) Live with the burden of it. Own it, and feel the weight on your back for the rest of your life, 'cause what we did was THAT bad and evil," or something like that. Kinda stoic, but understandable, judgeing from what she had just gone through, I guess.
Hope that makes sense. happy.gif

And, about the Kimblee and the stone... like Nil-chan, I was imagining about the stone "passing through." Not a pretty picture. tongue.gif
Sannom
I want to know how eating the stone has affected him.

Perharps he wants to punish the military for what they did at Ishbla? Stupid theory, just because his stone was made by Marcoh from Ishbalan officers.
Shiggy

The way I took it, "denying, atoning, or begging for forgiveness" are like, seeking "easy way out" to be "wiped clean."
And, the way I took part of what Riza was saying was that "things we did aren't, and shouldn't be wiped clean that easily (by denying, atoning, or begging jfor forgiveness.) Live with the burden of it. Own it, and feel the weight on your back for the rest of your life, 'cause what we did was THAT bad and evil," or something like that. Kinda stoic, but understandable, judgeing from what she had just gone through, I guess.
Hope that makes sense.

Ah. It's what it means to be an atheist.
Kirara
Perharps he wants to punish the military for what they did at Ishbal?

Well considering Kimbley seemed to highly enjoy killing the Ishbalans I think we can count this out.
Nil-chan
We do know kimblee has SOME sense of morals though... he said 'i like people who stick to their goals' or something, so, even if he didn't want to punish the miltary for what they did, he may not like the military for some other reason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.