Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 61 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Antimony
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 61 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 9.

==================

(For those of you who don't know, new FMA chapters are usually released on the 10th of each month, with fanmade translations following shortly afterward.)

By the end of the last chapter Kimbley had just begun to attack Scar's village. What happens next will be the climax that we've been waiting to see for months. Up to now, I confess, I've been kind of bored with the past few chapters. Military subjects make my eyes glaze over and the main characters (Ed, Al and Winry) only appeared in one panel. I really just want to see this whole flashback arc over with soon so we can get back to the present day, but I'm grateful for whatever Hiromu-sensei grants us.

Once the chapter is posted online we can turn this into a spoiler party thread and discuss it. In the meantime post your speculations and thoughts here. Over and out.

<Last edited by Michiyo- on July 31, 2011>
Colette
I've enjoyed these last few chapters; Sure, there's nothing really new, but it's pretty interesting. Besides, it's great to see Hughes again.

But I'm dying to get back to the present. I want to see Mei, Ling, and Greed again. Volume 14 has AlxMei on it! Yes, I will say that everywhere! :D
Singhay
My birthday is on the 11th. It'd be sweet if either the RAW or translation was on one of those days. It'd be even sweeter if there was something special about the chapter.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Singhay @ Jul 6 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]419353[/snapback]

My birthday is on the 11th. It'd be sweet if either the RAW or translation was on one of those days. It'd be even sweeter if there was something special about the chapter.

Something Special you say?

Special FMA cover, color pages on the chapter for celebrating its 5th birthday is enough?

If not, what about a FMA giant poster, a mouse mat and an alternate limited-edition cover for volume 14 with the August issue of GanGan? (already preordered here happy.gif)

Is it OK? happy.gif

Thanks to hamsterfactor and CSakuraS for the news here.

And here's the amazon.co.jp link for august GanGan
Kurzstoff
I'm new to forums!

I'm agreeing with Antimony here, I can't wait for these Ishbal chapters to be over. As informative and filling as they are....I miss Greed!Ling. tongue.gif
Nepharski
July the 9th is the "Birthday" of this screen name, so suffice to say, I see this upcoming chapter as a gift. wink.gif

Regardless, this will probably be the big one, the climax of the Ishbal flashback. I foresee good things.
Singhay
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Jul 6 2006, 03:02 PM) [snapback]419356[/snapback]

QUOTE(Singhay @ Jul 6 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]419353[/snapback]

Something Special you say?

Special FMA cover, color pages on the chapter for celebrating its 5th birthday is enough?

If not, what about a FMA giant poster, a mouse mat and an alternate limited-edition cover for volume 14 with the August issue of GanGan? (already preordered here happy.gif)

Is it OK? happy.gif

Thanks to hamsterfactor and CSakuraS for the news here.

And here's the amazon.co.jp link for august GanGan

Wow so is that all in the issue that's coming out in a few days? How did you pre-order it? This is the August issue right, that comes out on July 12th?
Sensenic
QUOTE(Singhay @ Jul 7 2006, 08:12 AM) [snapback]419541[/snapback]

Wow so is that all in the issue that's coming out in a few days? How did you pre-order it? This is the August issue right, that comes out on July 12th?

Well, I preordered it thru' that link happy.gifU

Add to cart, follow the steps (you can put it in English), and voila. Ordered.

EDIT: And yes, it's the August issue of monthly Shounen GanGan Magazine.
Reika
Does anyone know where can I buy the April gangan?
Sensenic
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 7 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]419561[/snapback]

Does anyone know where can I buy the April gangan?

Here
blubbernuggetalchemist
i used to read the fan made translatons, but then i realized it spoiled the story when it comes out here, and it makes me upset at viz media that they can translate faster!
Animeoldtimer
I often read the manga from the MSN Groups page but I noticed it was disabled. Does anyone know why? Sorry if this was asked.
Automne
There's a thread about the MSN problem above this one.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Jul 7 2006, 10:56 PM) [snapback]419710[/snapback]

I often read the manga from the MSN Groups page but I noticed it was disabled. Does anyone know why? Sorry if this was asked.

Gotcha covered.
Reika
thanks sensenic!!!
Aoko-chan
I'm greatful for the Ishval flashback, something I've been waiting for a while now. It's good to see Hughes 'alive' again, and seeing Royai & Rockbells & Scar's brother is really good. I'm looking forward to the climax of the flashback..

Things that I'm waiting to witness are:
Rockbell couple's death
Scar brother's death
Kimbley's massacre (XD)
What scar's brother found out about Alchemy
and any other thing that will come up is a definete plus~

and yes, Volume 14 Cover with Al x Mei is LOVELY!! is a bigish fan of AlxMei
Singhay
Isn't Mei-chan like... 5? I onno, it has been a month since I last looked at the FMA manga. And many more months since I've seen Ed, Al, Mei Chan, Ling, etc.
Colette
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Jul 8 2006, 03:24 AM) [snapback]419736[/snapback]

I'm greatful for the Ishval flashback, something I've been waiting for a while now. It's good to see Hughes 'alive' again, and seeing Royai & Rockbells & Scar's brother is really good. I'm looking forward to the climax of the flashback..

Things that I'm waiting to witness are:
Rockbell couple's death
Scar brother's death
Kimbley's massacre (XD)
What scar's brother found out about Alchemy
and any other thing that will come up is a definete plus~

and yes, Volume 14 Cover with Al x Mei is LOVELY!! is a bigish fan of AlxMei

I doubt it'll show their actual deaths though. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time FMA is bloody.

And kudos to you, for your avatar and for liking AlxMei.

QUOTE(Singhay @ Jul 8 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]419821[/snapback]

Isn't Mei-chan like... 5? I onno, it has been a month since I last looked at the FMA manga. And many more months since I've seen Ed, Al, Mei Chan, Ling, etc.

I have doubts that a 5 year old can do some of the stuff Mei does.

I honestly think she's 12. Remember, Ling turned out to be 15 when he looked older. She's probably closer to 10 though. 8 at the youngest, I'd say.
Reika
after watching her fantasies... I would say at least 12-13
Chiyo
I have probably asked this, or its already been discussed, but doesn't Ed turn 16 soon? I'm sure they mentioned something about his age.

I can't wait for them to get back to the main story either but these past chapters have been informative.
Reika
isn't he already 16? O.o
Nepharski
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 9 2006, 08:13 AM) [snapback]420037[/snapback]

isn't he already 16? O.o

Last they mentioned it, he was "Almost 16" in Chapter 34. At least, I think.
Colette
I think it'd be said if Ed had turned 16 yet.

Chapter 60 was kinda confusing if you over thought it. >_> Since it's being told by Riza, Knox, and Marcoh.
Kirara
I think Mei is a lot older than she looks. I would guess 13 or even 14. And Ed is almost 16 as others have already mentioned. smile.gif
Sonae
Ed is 16, it's been a while in the book so i think he's 16
Nepharski
QUOTE(Sonae @ Jul 9 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]420196[/snapback]

Ed is 16, it's been a while in the book so i think he's 16

Check again. As of Chapter 34 (In volume 9, which has yet to arrive on American shores), Ed is "Almost 16."
Reika
Don' u think he would have become 16 already? after almost 25 chapters???
Kirara

For us we wait months for the chapters but the story has actually only taken place within a period of days. Also I am sure we will know when Ed turns 16, I don't think Arakawa will leave that detail out.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Kirara @ Jul 9 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]420211[/snapback]

For us we wait months for the chapters but the story has actually only taken place within a period of days. Also I am sure we will know when Ed turns 16, I don't think Arakawa will leave that detail out.

That's it. Seems longer, sure, but if you really count, over what period of days do those almost 25 chapters occur? Maybe a week or so at most.

I'd figure it out, but at the moment I'm a bit shorthanded for time.
Aoko-chan
@Summoner Colette: thanks biggrin.gif

I'd say that he is "Almost 16" Like what Nepharski said, 25 chapters in manga time line could be only just a few weeks (or even just 1 or 2 weeks). The Ishval arc took up "3 ish" chapters, the time in Gluttony's stomach and after they got out of his stomach took up a few chapters, from the battle with scar to getting swollen by gluttony took a few chapters which probably covers two days top. and that is about 10 plus chapters.

Anyways, I can't wait to read the RAWs and the chapter itself

I think that Mei is probably between 8 to 12 years old
Reika
where.. is the raw... *sniff**starry eyes*.... Well, first, I would like to thank whoever that is able to give it to us, he's like God's messenger, lol XD and second... I can't wait!!!! T^T XDD
Chiyo
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Jul 10 2006, 03:12 AM) [snapback]420258[/snapback]

I'd say that he is "Almost 16" Like what Nepharski said, 25 chapters in manga time line could be only just a few weeks (or even just 1 or 2 weeks). The Ishval arc took up "3 ish" chapters, the time in Gluttony's stomach and after they got out of his stomach took up a few chapters, from the battle with scar to getting swollen by gluttony took a few chapters which probably covers two days top. and that is about 10 plus chapters.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, nice to know I'm not going mad. I think if his Birthday has been and gone they will make a point that they missed it...especially Winry and Hohenheim. Otherwise I think he is still 15...just.
#1_alchemist
Does anyone know if chapter 61 is out raw?? If you do, where?
Reika
if it was out it would be posted here
Sensenic
Preview!

GanGan cover with the 3 extras!
IPB Image

Chapter cover!
IPB Image

A very interesting selection for those backgrounds... A little "climax" from each character. Look at Xiao Mei's XD or human!Al! ohmy.gif And I can't identify Ling's... sad.gif

Credit goes (as always as of late happy.gifU) to hamsterfactor at the hagaren_manga community

Can't wait for the reeeest! \( `A´)/
Antimony
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Jul 11 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]420697[/snapback]

Preview!

GanGan cover with the 3 extras!
IPB Image

Chapter cover!
IPB Image

A very interesting selection for those backgrounds... A little "climax" from each character. Look at Xiao Mei's XD or human!Al! ohmy.gif And I can't identify Ling's... sad.gif

Credit goes (as always as of late happy.gifU) to hamsterfactor at the hagaren_manga community

Can't wait for the reeeest! \( `A´)/

Awesome! Thanks for showing these, Sensenic!

I can see a closeup of Ling's face over Al's fist(bloody and yelling)! It's from the page when he 'accepts' Greed into his body.
Nepharski
Sweet!

I'm guessing this is the final flashback chaper, and the biggest one. If only patience were one of my more redeeming qualities.
Animeoldtimer
Does this mean it's out but just needs to be scanned?

One more question. In the Chapter cover, who is the person on the bottom left corner next to Gluttony?
Reika
awesomeness!! the last one??? O.o wow, I thought it would be longer... geez can't wait!!! Does anyone know which are the extras?
Sensenic
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 11 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]420740[/snapback]

Does anyone know which are the extras?

In the cover they be. It's the 3 illustrations in the bottom.
To wit:
- A "giant" Summer-themed poster (and apparently the only original illustration among them sad.gif )
- bottom left is a mouse pad.
- bottom right is a special Tankoubon cover.

the rest of the extras be the (obviously) color cover and color pages.

And I think that's all, IIRC.

Reika
thanks!!
Valérie
There is a mouse pad with the Gangan issue? Or do you have to send something to get it?
Kirara

There is a mouse pad with the Gangan issue? Or do you have to send something to get it?

My understanding is all the stuff comes with the Gangan issue. It's a special for the manga's 5th birthday. biggrin.gif

Sensenic thanks for the clarification about what everything is. The Poster is loverly.

Now *whines* where is the chapter (I am sure at this point everyone is sharing this sentiment).
Reika
Do you think that the "God's Messenger" got arrested?
Keoni
Could be.. there has been an arrest for such a thing. I do hope that isn't the case though *worries*
Reika
I really hope that too, it would be awefull... *sigh* anyways, I'm going to bed now... T_T... guys, may I ask something from you? If the RAW is out, would you mind spoilering just in the spoiler tags? I hate it when the RAW is out and I get spoiled while I look for the link... Thanks!
Kirara
Don't worry guys I highly doubt that and I also highly doubt that there is only one person putting it up. It's probably more whoever has the time and who buys it first.

Goodnight Reika I will make sure to put spoilers in spoiler tags.
Antimony
QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Jul 11 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]420739[/snapback]

Does this mean it's out but just needs to be scanned?

One more question. In the Chapter cover, who is the person on the bottom left corner next to Gluttony?

Yeah, I guess it's in stores now but hasn't been scanned in yet.

Did you really mean the RIGHT corner? Because that's the only place I can see Gluttony. The face next to him would be from Al's human body.
Animeoldtimer
Oh, it is Al. Ok it just seemed a little more rounded than usual. That must be my old eyes. laugh.gif
momiji-k
It's here!! It's here!!!

Thank you to Csakuras on the Hagaren Manga Live Journal page for posting it!!

Here's a link to the post (I hope it's ok to post): http://community.livejournal.com/hagaren_manga/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.