Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosplay! Put your cosplay pics and discussions here! :)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Conventions and Cosplays > Cosplay
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Little Washu
First of all, this would be more suited for open chat. Second, I don't think you're allowed to post things like this.
Popogeejo
First of all, this would be more suited for open chat

Second, I don't think you're allowed to post things like this.

Why not? It's not advertising.

Sereg, your best bet is eBay.
Tombow
^ yeah I agree. Probably eBay. Or some of the places where you can buy anime costumes and stuff like that...

And, BTW, this discussion is probably suited for FMA Merchandise or cosplay.

Let's keep the thread as is for a while, so that it gets some exposure, then move it later. smile.gif

ETA: March 24, 2009
Merging this to cosplay thread. smile.gif
Edamame
Wigs, wigs, wigs, and more wigs! I just got into cosplaying after trying it out for an athropology project that I was working on for University. Needless to say, I couldn't do anything terrible elaborate, and only had roughly a week to get everything ready, which is minimal to say the least. I am returning to the United States this year, and am planning on attending Otakon. I would love to go as Munich Edward from Conqueror of Shambala, and actually put a great deal of time and effort into a costume. My top question is regarding wigs-
I have long layered honey-blonde hair- unfortunately, it is incredible curly and extremely fine. At first, I was highly against using a wig, but I am not entirely keen on having to use relaxer in my air and then take a hot iron to it. Sure it would look nice for the first several hours, but then it would start to turn into a ball of frizz. I would get extensions, but they are outrageously priced in the U.S and a complete pain in the [All hail lord Xenu] during the warm summer months. Thus, I was wondering if any of you could recommend a site or shop that specializes in high quality (real hair or extremely high quality synthetic hair) pre-styled anime wigs. I have seen some incredibley nice wigs for Edward, and I have also seen some really horrible ones that look unnatural or are colours that remind me of a yellow sharpie marker. I would really love something that looks as natural as possible. I have begun searching online, but I would love to hear advice from some truly experienced cosplayers.I am sure that there are sites that you know, that I would probably never find. Thank you so much for any help that you can provide! happy.gif
Rainshine
I've always thought it would be fun to cosplay, but I don't really look like any of the characters. sad.gif
If I were to cosplay as anybody, I would either cosplay as Ed or Izumi. biggrin.gif Envy would be fun too...
Jove
~ I Need An "automail" Arm! ~

Hey all! Long story short, I'm going to Anime Boston (it's at the end of May!) and I'm dressing as Ed. Now I get pretty into stuff like this, so I want to build an automail arm for when I take my coat off (I'm assuming I will, an in the event I do take it off I want my costume to be spot on). I'm fairly crafty but I'm kind of stuck on how to actually do this. I don't want to use real metal because, lets face it, I'll probably hurt myself or someone else somehow haha. If anyone has any idea how I could make something that isn't a hazard, easy to put together, and would last me all weekend I'd really appreciate the help!

Thanks so much,
-Jove (Amanda wink.gif)

P.s. If you're really insightful when it comes to stuff like this, I want to have some sort of pop-out "blade" (no real weapons!) that comes out of the top of the arm as if I was, you know, using alchemy to turn my arm into a short blade wink.gif Thanks again!
Popogeejo
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=9732
Try asking there
Tombow
Thanks, Popo!!

@Jove - Welcoem to the board!! As Popo has pointed out, Cosplay thread is the place to ask for this kind of stuff, as posters there probably has better advice for this. You can go ahead and make another post there, else I can move your post there after a while. smile.gif

Merged to Cosplay thread.
Jove
~ I Need An "automail" Arm! ~

Hey all! Long story short, I'm going to Anime Boston (it's at the end of May!) and I'm dressing as Ed. Now I get pretty into stuff like this, so I want to build an automail arm for when I take my coat off (I'm assuming I will, an in the event I do take it off I want my costume to be spot on). I'm fairly crafty but I'm kind of stuck on how to actually do this. I don't want to use real metal because, lets face it, I'll probably hurt myself or someone else somehow haha. If anyone has any idea how I could make something that isn't a hazard, easy to put together, and would last me all weekend I'd really appreciate the help!

Thanks so much,
-Jove (Amanda )

P.s. If you're really insightful when it comes to stuff like this, I want to have some sort of pop-out "blade" (no real weapons!) that comes out of the top of the arm as if I was, you know, using alchemy to turn my arm into a short blade Thanks again!
PaperGhost
You could possibly use plastic, though it's still hard it won't hurt as much as metal.
as for the blade set it to a spring and have a lever holding it in the arm,
Tombow
@Jove - Your first thread was closed (but not deleted.. it was still there as is) and you were asked to add your post on existing Cosplay thread where this kind of discussions, as well as other cosplay related discussions are taking place on our board. Instead, you open ANOTHER thread with the exact the same topic as the closed thread. ...not a good idea, IMO. huh.gif

Have you checked Cosplay thread? Ed's automail is a popular cosplay item, and there is a good chance that others have already asked the similar question on Cosplay thread, and answers may be posted there already.

Anyway, I merged your first thread to this one. I will keep this thread open for a short while, then merge it to the existing Cosplay discussion thread later. Then, please DO NOT open another thread on this, but carry on your discussion on the designated discussion thread.

ETA: May 26, 2009, Merged to Cosplay thread.
Dearheart
Hellooooo? *echoes*

...Wow, nobody's posted here for a while...ahem, ANYWAY, I need some help/advice from all you expert cosplayers! biggrin.gif

I don't know if any of you saw it or not, but recently I wrote and posted a funny story in which Edward Elric bumps into Edward Cullen, and they have a verbal battle to see which Edward is the best. (Of course, OUR Edward ends up kicking some sparkle butt.) tongue.gif If you haven't read it, you can read it here:

Edward Vs. Edward!, Alchemist meets vampire. Comical verbal attacks ensue.

Anyway, I think it would make a great cosplay-skit-thingy and I'd love to make a script out of it and hand it over to someone who'd be willing to do it, but I have two problems: 1) I have NO idea how to get it going, as I have no idea where to find a group who'd be willing to do it (and I'm too nervous broke to go to an anime convention myself), and 2) even if I DO get it going, would it be too...controversial? The last thing I'd wanna do at a con is stir up a battle between the Twi-hards and the Twi-haters. stitchface.png

I did mention all this in my story's topic, but I figured it would get more attention here so I popped over. So...yeah. Any advice or pointers on how to get things going would be great. biggrin.gif
Alphonse2
I was wondering if anyone knows any websites that i can order a Al cosplay costume(armor) from since i cant seem to find any ^.^ thank you
Tombow
@Alphonse2 - Welcome to the board!! biggrin.gif
Have you checked our Cosplay thread? Someone might have posted the info there, or you might be able to ask members who have done Al cosplay on that thread. smile.gif

You can post the same question on Cosplay thread, else I can merge this to the aforementioned thread later. smile.gif

ETA: Thread merged.
Lieutenant Wrath
Well I don't have a pic yet. But I'm cosplaying as Ed from the FMA Movie!!! (because the clothes are easier to get), if I can get my costume together in time, which I hope i can. Yay I'm sooo excited!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Cold-Blooded-Alchemist
Cosplaying is fun ^.^ I do it with my friends as often as we can but it seems like the only time I can is when I'm at a convention. XD

I've Cosplayed as Edward Elric from FMA

and Haku from Naruto
and I've only been to two conventions so far: New York Anime Festival 2007 and Otakon 2009 I do plan to go to Otakon again this year (2010) or the New York Anime Fesitval (2010) ^.^
Envy's Lady
Hey guys. XD

I cosplay Envy....some people might have noticed since I did post a couple pics of it in the member pics thread and I have a few in my sig too.

Anyway, I thought I'd link to a topic I made at another forum where I explained how I made the wig(and also if you scroll down there's another post where I show what I did with the circles on Envy's shirt/back):

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=612758

I just thought it might be helpful info for other people who might plan to cosplay him. ^^

Envy is the only specific character I've ever cosplayed and the outfit was only recently finished in Feb.

I also have a Slytherin outfit from Harry Potter but when I wear that it's just me as a Slytherin student, I'm not any specific character.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.