Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosplay! Put your cosplay pics and discussions here! :)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Conventions and Cosplays > Cosplay
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Nepharski
Never cosplayed, but I could always use an excuse to impersonate someone without getting arrested. Cosplay can be adapted for anything, right? Conventions, Halloween, bar mitzvahs, witness protection...
Ailuro
I'm almost tempted to cosplay Ed (the horror) and fly down to Toby's house and use the excuse of "making the EnvyxEd fangirls happy" to enact something.
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 28 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]467272[/snapback]
I'm almost tempted to cosplay Ed (the horror) and fly down to Toby's house and use the excuse of "making the EnvyxEd fangirls happy" to enact something.
Hell, you don't need an excuse. Just do it.
Toby-Chan
Ah, so you're into roleplaying? wink.gif

Lust would be easier and make more sense. And that'd be hotter.

WE CAN MANAGE LOVE!
Ailuro
Oh, Lust. I like that idea better.
Chiyo
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 28 2006, 09:40 PM) [snapback]467279[/snapback]

Oh, Lust. I like that idea better.

*slight nosebleed*

So...do...I
Colette
>.>

I'm going as Sheska due to my immense laziness and how easy it'll be to pull off.

I'll post pictures soon.
CodenameElizabeth
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Oct 28 2006, 04:59 PM) [snapback]467299[/snapback]

I'm going as Sheska due to my immense laziness and how easy it'll be to pull off.

I'll post pictures soon.

Oh sweet. Sheska is one of the lesser cosplayed characters in the series...
I think I've only ever seen one other Sheska cosplayer, like, ever.

Can't wait to see the photos!
Chiyo
See while most of us can carry off one character, some of us can do two or three well....Lacus can do several really well.

I am so jealous its untrue. And your recent Envy submission on theotaku...just...wow. Please don't do Winry, I can't face being put to shame like that! wink.gif
Lacus Yamato
Don't worry, Chiyo! My hair's too short do do Winry-san, and I can't see me going as her at all happy.gif
Chiyo
Cosplay Update

Oh yea, I got the belt, *lil dance of woot*

Fat Arse Gotta flash my boots
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Longsword @ Oct 30 2006, 12:40 AM) [snapback]467942[/snapback]
And I get that a lot about my build in the Cons. Most people think initially that I am not an Anime fan. sad.gif

I guess most Anime fans just don't like powerlifting?

I think it's because most anime fans only get arm exercise through mast- er... um- mastering the use of video game controllers.

*coughforhentaigamescough*
CodenameElizabeth
I think it's because most anime fans only get arm exercise through mast- er... um- mastering the use of video game controllers.

XD

Brilliant, Toby. Really!

So, I found out last night that there apparently was embarassing cosplay video/photos taken of me this weekend. I will have to surrender my last shred of dignity and post some of them here when I finally get my hands on copies. (Hopefully my friend can get the videos off of her cell phone...) tongue.gif
Chiyo
You let Chi get bored, you fools! Look what happened.

Candelit Winry

Yea, you can really tell I'm in costume rolleyes.gif
Le Monkey
So many cosplays..
Your again providing good cosplays, woot
Chiyo
You're Joking?

Not all that pretty, but of course, that isn't the idea. Considering when I'm on stage in this I'll be beating Batman up.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Nov 11 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]472324[/snapback]
You're Joking?

Not all that pretty, but of course, that isn't the idea. Considering when I'm on stage in this I'll be beating Batman up.

laugh.gif
Awesome! X)
Chiyo
Mechanics Life
Mechanics Life 2
Mechanics Life 3

There will be more to come
Edamame
Chiyo: You are such an incredible cosplayer. I love the Joker costume. Seeing good cosplay pictures makes me want to ditch University and seek out the nearest convention. (Do you have an orobourous tattoo?)
Chiyo
No I have the Flamel Cross as a tattoo instead. I'd love to ditch Uni and run off to a convention too, but I have very little time here anymore.

Thank-you for the compliment...The Joker costume was for a Uni project.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Feb 14 2007, 11:54 PM) [snapback]505410[/snapback]
Nuuuu! Aily has eyes for another! /wrist

No one—or thing—could ever take your place in my heart. tongue.gif

QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth)
No heartbroken-ness, Chiyo. You, me, and Cat will all PWN our respective characters together, and cause major nosebleeding for Ailuro.

Hey, now. I like my nose-blood where it is, thank you.
Popogeejo
Someone should try and do Armstrong's big Sister some time. There are a few great Riza players here who could pull off Oliver.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Feb 18 2007, 08:18 AM) [snapback]506516[/snapback]
Someone should try and do Armstrong's big Sister some time. There are a few great Riza players here who could pull off Oliver.

Cat is already doing Olivier. mellow.gif
Popogeejo
...I knew that. I just thought Oviler's coat with the furry collar was black, not navy blue so I got confused. Sorry.
unsure.gif
Toby-Chan
Yeah, she's already doing Armstrong.

And I saw her practice pics on LJ, homg!~ >:D
Chiyo
Stupid pictures..can't even take a decent pic of my hair colour...I'm telling you its blonde

Let Me Be

Love the Tool

Love the Tool clr

Edit: teh mechanic
yagami takaishi
i totally agree. i want to cosplay, but im not THAT into it
Chiyo
Incomplete cosplay that I cannot be bothered to look for the refference pic of Pocky Winry

Random Shot
Edamame
Chiyo: Lovely pre-cosplay photograph. You truly turn cosplay into a work of art, which is what I believe it should be. You capture Winry so well and appear to be truly devoted to bringing her character to life. (Good cosplay kind of makes me what to cosplay. I don't know who the heck I could pull off though.)
CodenameElizabeth
And, I feel we are so lucky to have two of the best cosplayers representing the two types!!

...AND we both "Rep our Hood" in the RoiAi thread!
GO BEST THREAD OF '06!! wink.gif

I still have to throw some of those 'cutting room floor' reject pics in here someday...
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Mar 29 2007, 05:47 PM) [snapback]523159[/snapback]
Nice costume! But Olive Armstrong... hmm. I don't think I know any character with that name.

A recently introduced manga character.
All pics done of Olive cosplays should be from low angles IMO, she's a very tall lady after all. Great work though. I wouldn't mind a coat like that.
Cat the Terrible
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Mar 29 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]523166[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Mar 29 2007, 05:47 PM) [snapback]523159[/snapback]
Nice costume! But Olive Armstrong... hmm. I don't think I know any character with that name.

A recently introduced manga character.
All pics done of Olive cosplays should be from low angles IMO, she's a very tall lady after all. Great work though. I wouldn't mind a coat like that.

smile.gif Thanks. It was originally a U.S. Air Force greatcoat, but I altered it significantly for the costume. Wish I could get it blacker, though. I'll probably alter it a bit more before ACen. Regular dye didn't hold on most of the coat. I may try painting on fabric dye.

Also, I noticed that most shots of her are from dramatic angles, but I don't think she's actually that tall. In the last chapter, she's a good head shorter than Raven, and in the color shot at the beginning, she looks a little shorter than Roy.
GothGirl
Oh, I wish I had pictures to post here of the various times I've cosplayed as Nana/Misa/Winry...Oh well, even if I did have pictures, my parents would never let me post them for 'complete strangers' to see *goes off mumbling*
Fushi
...You guys are like con-a-holics. XDDD

Btw, am I the only one who thinks this picture of a Rikku cosplayer looked awfully familiar? wink.gif

(Seriously tho, doesn't it look like that picture Laucus posted of her Rikku cosplay? I wanna know if she buys from this store...because I just bought my Suiseiseki costume from there and I wanna know from someone who's personally dealt with this store if buying from them was a good choice. happy.gif)
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 25 2007, 10:13 AM) *
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jul 25 2007, 01:13 AM) *
QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 24 2007, 07:49 PM) *
Hello, I'm new, but I thought I'd post some of my cosplay. Er, sorry if this is too attention whorey.

Hey I know you!

Welcome aboard nice to have you here. Love the Den cosplay. tongue.gif

Thank you! I know me too!

laugh.gif
What I meant was I know you from Cosplay.com and COM.
Fushi
QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 25 2007, 07:54 PM) *
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Jul 25 2007, 09:37 PM) *
These are awesome. ph34r.gif That Den one just OWNS.

Thank you. Unfortunately, not many people knew who I was when I wore it. One person told me I had my automail on the wrong arm for Ed Elric. sad.gif

Wtf, are you serious? O_o

That's just lame. STUPID FANDOM! O:<
Anne Packrat
QUOTE(Envy-chan @ Jul 26 2007, 08:29 AM) *
@Anne Packrat- Nice cosplays! O:

Oh, and did you go to Youmacon '06? If yes, then I saw you! laugh.gif

Yep yep. Going back this year too. Not sure I'll wear any FMA though.
Envy-chan
QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 26 2007, 05:43 AM) *

Yay! *Runs around hysterically* Aww... it's okay. I'll still luff you even if you don't go as any FMA characters.

But anyways, I'm going as Sloth. I went as Edward last year. ^^ I'll probably be glomping everyone, asking, "IS THIS ANNE?!"
Anne Packrat
QUOTE(Envy-chan @ Jul 29 2007, 04:29 PM) *
QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 26 2007, 05:43 AM) *

Yay! *Runs around hysterically* Aww... it's okay. I'll still luff you even if you don't go as any FMA characters.

But anyways, I'm going as Sloth. I went as Edward last year. ^^ I'll probably be glomping everyone, asking, "IS THIS ANNE?!"

Well, I can tell you two of the costumes I'm wearing for Youmacon, on Friday we're doing Slayers with me as Gourry Gabriev. On Saturday for the competition we're doing Helsing and I'm the Major. I may change into Breda or so for an FMA gathering though.

I'm considering attending Ikasu, but few of my friends are going. sad.gif

I'll likely attend Matsuricon too.
Envy-chan
Yay! *Luffs Hellsing to death, but never watched Slayers*

But yeah, on Friday, I'm going as Itachi Uchiha, Saturday as Sloth (But hecks YEAH I'm changing into Itachi for the photoshoots.), and Possibly as Riku on Sunday. happy.gif

Ikasu? Matsuricon? Never heard of 'em... ^^;
Anne Packrat
QUOTE(Envy-chan @ Jul 31 2007, 06:57 AM) *
Yay! *Luffs Hellsing to death, but never watched Slayers*

But yeah, on Friday, I'm going as Itachi Uchiha, Saturday as Sloth (But hecks YEAH I'm changing into Itachi for the photoshoots.), and Possibly as Riku on Sunday. happy.gif

Ikasu? Matsuricon? Never heard of 'em... ^^;

Ikasucon is in two weeks in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Matsuricon is near Columbus in September.
CodenameElizabeth
QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 31 2007, 09:55 AM) *
Ikasucon is in two weeks in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Matsuricon is near Columbus in September.

So you hit up all of the midwest cons, eh, Anne? I've never gone midwest in my con-going ventures. I just recently progressed to the southwest US (with Anime Weekend Atlanta and Metrocon in Tampa...) I'm primarily centered in the Northeast/NYC/New England area (Anime Boston, PortConMaine, Connecticon, Anime USA, Otakon, AnimeNext.) One of these days I will hit up Ohayocon and ACEN.

And to keep this darn post on topic, MOAR silliness from Otakon (xposted to the Roiai thread):

"Paperwork is SERIOUS BUSINESS, Sir!"
(aka: "Don't piss off the chick with the gun...")

Carnal Malefactor
^ That could've been me! O_O
CodenameElizabeth
QUOTE(Carnal Malefactor @ Aug 1 2007, 07:56 PM) *
^ That could've been me! O_O

Well, too bad cuz your punk ass wasn't at Otakon...
Loser... laugh.gif

QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Aug 1 2007, 09:15 PM) *
The only one I hit up outside of the area is generally AX, though I may attend a DC con again at some point. In the past I've hit A USA (2001), Animazement (1998) and Otakon (97, 98, 00, 01)

I hit both Ohayo and Acen.

Otakon has been going downhill as of late so I'm not even sure how much longer I am going to bother with it. The whole time I was there the other week, I almost couldn't wait for it to be OVER! XD

How is the cosplay scene at ACEN? I've heard generally good things about it in the past, and I will certainly try to make it out there sometime, but a lot of 'regulars' were disappointed this past year. Not solely based on cosplay, but in the overall management of the convention. I do tend to be over-critical when analyzing the management of conventions, being involved with doing the same for the past five years...
Anne Packrat
QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Aug 2 2007, 04:05 PM) *
QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Aug 1 2007, 09:15 PM) *
The only one I hit up outside of the area is generally AX, though I may attend a DC con again at some point. In the past I've hit A USA (2001), Animazement (1998) and Otakon (97, 98, 00, 01)

I hit both Ohayo and Acen.

How is the cosplay scene at ACEN? I've heard generally good things about it in the past, and I will certainly try to make it out there sometime, but a lot of 'regulars' were disappointed this past year. Not solely based on cosplay, but in the overall management of the convention. I do tend to be over-critical when analyzing the management of conventions, being involved with doing the same for the past five years...

Eh, it was fine for me, but I didn't compete and just kind of hung around and had fun. It is a lot of walking and paying for parking. And the hotel was apparently pretty bad.

Why is it fail Carnal? Because I'm overweight? If so, frankly, then I really don't care. And I kind of hoped the attitude here would be better then the b-tards in /cgl/ on 4chan.
Carnal Malefactor
Actually it's because it appears as though you didn't even try to look like Hawkeye. You didn't bother dying your hair or styling it like hers. You also lack the look of quiet determination that Hawkeye carries at all times. To be blunt, the whole thing looks rather lazy.

For cosplay to be effective, the person has to resemble the character to some degree - not just physically but intangibly as well.
Anne Packrat
QUOTE(Carnal Malefactor @ Aug 3 2007, 01:03 PM) *
Actually it's because it appears as though you didn't even try to look like Hawkeye. You didn't bother dying your hair or styling it like hers. You also lack the look of quiet determination that Hawkeye carries at all times. To be blunt, the whole thing looks rather lazy.

For cosplay to be effective, the person has to resemble the character to some degree - not just physically but intangibly as well.

My bangs aren't like hers because we did that later in the day. If I remember correct that picture was taken early in the morning. I do indeed have the upturned hair in the back, you can't see it from that angle. We're going to have to agree to disagree on the look, we likely have slightly different interpretations of it.

The lighting isn't as good in this one, but perhaps it will illustrate better:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/ann...shawk-ready.jpg
MikaSilentAlchemist
I love cosplay!!! my fiance and i are going as royxriza or hohenheimxsloth next year
CodenameElizabeth
Oh, yeah! (~Desu...)

You should post a pic here-- so I can see the details, and what's "off" about it. Kind of figured it wouldn't arrive perfect. Always best to round *up* your measurements when commissioning costumes. Too big can be fixed, but too small, and you're S.O.L.!

I was actually planning on "massacring" that costume a LOT even if I ordered it. (especially the headpeice and black trim.) Riza was commissioned for the most part, but I did a lot of futzing around with it as well. In addition to making all 'dat damn trim...

How is the actual fabric that it is made out of? Is it cheap looking, or is it nice and heavy.
CodenameElizabeth
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 29 2007, 06:43 PM) *
I'm too embarrassed to post a pic of it. XD;;; (at leats without a crinolenne on or a decent vest) Maybe I will. But my hair will probably be short when I do. I'd rather have hair that's not the correct length then the fried crap I have now....*currently insecure about hair*

Fabric was really nice actually. Very good quality I found. Nice and heavy. :3 The stitching is also nice hence why I'd rather make my vest from stratch than touch the one they made so nicely (but incorrectly to Desu's design T_T Too bad really).

Good to know about the fabric! And yeah-- making/massacring a vest doesn't sound like too bad a job as compared to making the whole damn thing by hand.

I've actually already scoured EBay/Cosworx for Petticoat/Wig ideas for a Desu costume. I'm serously thinking this is going to be my next project. (Either that or the Lord of the Rings thing I'm constantly thinking about...)
Here's what I found:

Wig:
http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?product...2450&page=1

or

http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?product...2450&page=1

(In different colors, of course! Both have bangs/front layers that could be styled accurately, and REAAAAALLLY long wigs tangle too badly, so I wouldn't want to go with butt-length.)

Petticoats/Hoops:

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-HOOP-BRIDAL-WEDDING-...9QQcmdZViewItem

(A 4-hoop hoopskirt. A 3-hoop would probably work too... Desu DEFINITELY needs a hoop. Especially if that fabric in the skirt is heavy, I recommend a hoop to give it enough volume.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Extra-full-hoopless-A-...0QQcmdZViewItem

(Hoopless crinoline... just a bunch of tulle... probably not enough to hold the skirt up, but you may need something to wear over the hoopskirt, since a lot of times the hoops tend to show through the fabric... last time I wore a hoop, I needed a petticoat over it because the hoops looked like crap with the skirt hanging over them.)

happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.