Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosplay! Put your cosplay pics and discussions here! :)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Conventions and Cosplays > Cosplay
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
cksdayoff
hey guys, I recently uploaded a clip I made out of an official FMA gathering at Otakon 2004, next to the Funimation booth on to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zp1lcgY_gM

pretty nice crowd, and some really nice costumes.
Priss40
[size=2][font=Century Gothic]
Hey All,
I am 'new' 2 Anime [I love the Anime Art in all media is fantastic!], To be honest my son, who is 15 years old & has disabilities ,became interested & because of Anime he has learned 2 read better, improved memory, vocabulary & a lot more! I know u probably don't really care ,However, I am asking for some help...this July 22-06 I am taking my son & his friend to The Northern Anime Festival in Oshawa, Canada. I have spent hours trying to find costumes of 'Scar', his tatoo & of "Lust" from FMA [My son wants me 2 wear a costume.. etc, most pix are not detailed, not close-ups, and although there are so many sites both photo & animated, I have not found any pix that I can help him make his costume or 'henna' "Scar's tattoo" If anybody is willing to assist me I would really appreciate it. If you know of web sites or if you have ideas it would be great & my son will b overjoyed!
Nepharski
QUOTE(Priss40 @ Jul 14 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]421839[/snapback]

[size=2][font=Century Gothic]
Hey All,
I am 'new' 2 Anime [I love the Anime Art in all media is fantastic!], To be honest my son, who is 15 years old & has disabilities ,became interested & because of Anime he has learned 2 read better, improved memory, vocabulary & a lot more! I know u probably don't really care ,However, I am asking for some help...this July 22-06 I am taking my son & his friend to The Northern Anime Festival in Oshawa, Canada. I have spent hours trying to find costumes of 'Scar', his tatoo & of "Lust" from FMA [My son wants me 2 wear a costume.. etc, most pix are not detailed, not close-ups, and although there are so many sites both photo & animated, I have not found any pix that I can help him make his costume or 'henna' "Scar's tattoo" If anybody is willing to assist me I would really appreciate it. If you know of web sites or if you have ideas it would be great & my son will b overjoyed!

I highly doubt you'll find any FMA themed costumes anywhere (least, not in America). If you're looking of a general guide for design purposes, however, I think we can lend a helping hand.

Scar's Tatoo.
Popogeejo
Here is the only pic I can find of Scars Tattoo; Click here.
Lust is easier to find thankfully smile.gif Here's a good pic if you're making Lust's dress.

I hope this helps a bit. There are people here who Cosplay (dress up) quite a bit so you should get smoe good advice or a point in the right direction atleast.
Good luck.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I'm going to go ahead and merge this thread with the cosplay topic. smile.gif
Popogeejo
You might want to PM Priss40 so she kows where to look when she returns.
Chiyo
Actually, I need help too. I plan to complete an Amy Rose costume and I need to know how to do the skirt. Usually an underskirt would do but that isn't part of the costume. So anyone know how to make it flare out without a fluffy underskirt (or Victorian wiring).
MasterKris
<Merging "A Korean Parody, 4th OP real life" with a link to Korean FMA Cosplay that had been misplaced n Fanworks forum (and it was a duplicate to Oinchinjey's "Fma Op - Live, Made by a Fan:" thread that was made on May 22 2005, but had not been taken care of,) with the following 5 posts to "Cosplay!" thread. 03/06/07 ~Tombow>

NOTE: The link was originally posted by Oinchinjey on May 22 2005 on "Fma Op - Live, Made by a Fan:" thread, which I also merged to this thread. ^^ 03/07/07 ~Tombow

I found this on youtube and I can't describe how much time those guys have on their hands. The Alphonse is seriously cute. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ECrcsNZtGM...hemist%20korean
Edamame
I am more than just a little bit frightened. That takes the title of obsessive fan to an entirely new level. I love Al's 'costume'.
InsaneFangirl
Kind of intresting...if only they actually looked like them. I've always wanted to see FMA live-action. But at least they put their boredom to good use, right?
Tombow
It's so sad, because despite all their apparent efforts, none of them look like the corresponding characters in the anime!! laugh.gif
But, I think Al is cute!! biggrin.gif
Zarpia
To much time??? it looks crappy enough to have been made in 1 hour XD
Annelili
haha! xD that reminds me of the simpsons thing where they act out the opening with real people. just search for "simpsons" on youtube. its the first thing that comes up.
Tombow
^^ @clazyloststar - I think you might have had more responses had you posted this on cosplay thread.
If you took any pictures at the picnic, maybe you can post thom on the above thread?? biggrin.gif
Ailuro
Threads merged. And almost lost the Cosplay thread.
Chiyo
Sonikuuuu

I am so good at choosing cosplays of characters that annoy people. Ah well, as stated this needs completeing, but not for now.

Haven't we been promised a Noa costume?
Toby-Chan
I had to post this.
Fayth Prophecy
Possibly one of the best Lacus cosplays I have ever seen
Chiyo
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 13 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]432205[/snapback]

Looking like some gothic vampire, love it.

QUOTE(Fayth Prophecy @ Aug 14 2006, 01:09 AM) [snapback]432510[/snapback]

That is pretty darn amazing, I love to see this sort of cosplay.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Fayth Prophecy @ Aug 13 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]432510[/snapback]

I think that girl posts here, actually.
Ailuro
I think you're right. I remember seeing someone by that name here.
Grave_Alchemist
Heres a picture of my cousin as heiderich
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Grave_Alchemist @ Aug 20 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]435064[/snapback]

O RLY?

I've seen that on another site before.
Popogeejo
Whats his name? He looks familiar...
Grave_Alchemist
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 20 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]435067[/snapback]

O RLY?

I know he posted it there huh.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Grave_Alchemist @ Aug 22 2006, 01:51 AM) [snapback]435450[/snapback]

O RLY?

How do you know if Toby hasn't said what site she saw it on?
MonsterEnvy
Oh, don't be so suspicious. Few people claim that a cousin is a cosplayer. It's much more likely that the cousin simply has a site of his own. *all too trusting nature making a rare appearance*
Popogeejo
You have to admit it was an odd reply.
MonsterEnvy
Given. Of course, it's possible that his cousin only posts on one site- for example, MyOtaku, since it's so often referenced here. I suppose that we must simply wait for confirmation by them both as to what site they're referring to. I know nothing about cosplay sites...
Toby-Chan
Where is your cousin from?
Grave_Alchemist
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 21 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]435457[/snapback]

O RLY?

because its on google and theres only one site he posted it on

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 21 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]435465[/snapback]

Where is your cousin from?

hes from japan just like my parents huh.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Grave_Alchemist @ Aug 23 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]436179[/snapback]

How about you give us a link to the site? smile.gif
Grave_Alchemist
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Aug 23 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]436277[/snapback]

QUOTE(Grave_Alchemist @ Aug 23 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]436179[/snapback]

How about you give us a link to the site? smile.gif
sure but its REALLY hard to understand even I dont get it ajima
Carnal Malefactor
Isn't that Thai?
Ailuro
QUOTE(Void @ Aug 23 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]436280[/snapback]

Isn't that Thai?

Sure ain't Japanese at least. laugh.gif *thought it was Arabic at first glance*
Popogeejo
Thats the site he linked to before...and the profile says Ajima is in Bangkok. (Click "view full profile")
Toby-Chan
Yup. It's thai. I knew I'd seen that site before. I just couldn't recall if it was Thailand or the Philippines.

What say you to this, Grave Alchemist? Have an explanation?
MonsterEnvy
I still believe him! (her... uh, he... w/e.) His cousin might be Thai. Or, whatever.
Grave_Alchemist
QUOTE(Void @ Aug 23 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]436280[/snapback]

Isn't that Thai?
yeah

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 23 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]436328[/snapback]

Yup. It's thai. I knew I'd seen that site before. I just couldn't recall if it was Thailand or the Philippines.

yeah you can post on any site doesnt matter if your thai or not...just ask my sister shes on this site too.

QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Aug 23 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]436348[/snapback]

I still believe him! (her... uh, he... w/e.) His cousin might be Thai. Or, whatever.
thanks Monster Envy
Ghost~Alchemist

um guys can you like stop annoying my brother with this...hes our cousin
Chiyo
QUOTE(Ghost~Alchemist @ Aug 25 2006, 10:05 PM) [snapback]437173[/snapback]

Can you pay attention to the rules and not have a sig 3 miles long?
Grave_Alchemist
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Aug 26 2006, 06:21 AM) [snapback]437552[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ghost~Alchemist @ Aug 25 2006, 10:05 PM) [snapback]437173[/snapback]

Can you pay attention to the rules and not have a sig 3 miles long?
oh well I guess ill ask her to change that
Kokoroneko
Ed's metal arm!

Ive seen people make it, how is it done? Do you need to have all metal bending tools to be able to do it? I would love to make it for my costume, any help will be loved completely by me!!!! <3

Post moved.
CodenameElizabeth
Oh boy... I *finally* found the Cosplay thread on these forums, and it's, like, kinda dead these days. sad.gif

Fortunately, I've seen a LOT of INTIMIDATINGLY GOOD Cosplay in here so far. The Rikku, and that one Ed were AMAZING. And I noticed the husband and wife Roy/Riza cosplayers from the one LJ community I read (nice article in Anime Insider, BTW!) I also noticed a few really good Envy's. Actually, I'm surprised at the amount of "good" cosplay I see here.

I really ought to post a photo of my one friend who cosplays Hoenheim. It is an absolutely FRIGHTENING likeness. I am not joking. I have to make sure it's okay with him first, though.

There MUST be more cosplayers (Especially FMA cosplayers...) out there on the messageboards somewhere.

Maybe after Halloween, people will start posting some more costumes.
After all, 'tis the season to get dressed up.

Great job, everyone!
Chiyo
I would rather like to see a good Hohenheim...and yes a few people have mentioned dressing up FMA style for Halloween so we can but hope they post pictures.
Carnal Malefactor
Sorry, I posted without thinking...
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Void @ Oct 27 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]467049[/snapback]

Sorry, I posted without thinking...

laugh.gif Too late; I read it.

Yeah, I'm better with more clothes on.
Carnal Malefactor
sad.gif buck up
I'm sure there are ways to improve curvature.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Oct 27 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]467055[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 27 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]466829[/snapback]

Here's a random snapshot of the costume with the failed hair. I hate when my hair curls randomly. Maybe I will need a wig after all. >:C

Holy frickin' shit that's hot! ph34r.gif

...errr... thank you?

....uh...

Don't bother getting a wig. I think your own hair works, despite the random curliness of it. I don't think wigs look well at all, especially green ones. You're much better off dealing with your hair and how it likes to curl randomly and looking natural, than having to deal with a green wig that looks so fake and tacky.

I'm told I can find high quality wigs. It's just very difficult to find them and not have them cost an arm and a leg.
While natural is nice, it's not the proper style for the character.

Speaking of FMA Halloween costumes, my Sloth costume has hit a snag. Damn, you'd think there'd be some place that would sell long black gloves at Halloween... >> Maybe I can just paint my arms blue and claim they're in 'jello tentacle' mode...

Have you sought out the costume sections at Target or Walmart? That is where my sister found her sloth gloves last year. I'm not sure from which store we got the ones that were sucky, though...

If there's a Claire's or an "Icing" anywhere nearby, they're probably still selling velour evening gloves on clearance from prom season.
Fushi
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 28 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]467058[/snapback]

...errr... thank you?

Sorry...not quite sure what came over me there....

You really do look good tho.

Have you sought out the costume sections at Target or Walmart? That is where my sister found her sloth gloves last year. I'm not sure from which store we got the ones that were sucky, though...

If there's a Claire's or an "Icing" anywhere nearby, they're probably still selling velour evening gloves on clearance from prom season.

While I don't believe there's a Target any where in Alberta, I have yet to check out Wal-mart. I'm gonna have to stop in there on the 30th when we go to the city. I just hope they're not sold out or something. (there's no other time for me to get to the city....)

Oh, my friends were telling me Claire's had some for $4. I'll have to pop in there as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.