Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosplay! Put your cosplay pics and discussions here! :)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Conventions and Cosplays > Cosplay
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 8 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]347771[/snapback]

Now you see I've been looking but I can't find any....must just be Envy's good luck.

The Armstrongs are usually funny, I think there is one in the gallery here...still doesn't match up to a good Ed but....

And I cave in....more showing off! (well some of you may not have taken the hint before)

Not to be mean, but you could stand to lose a few pounds to make that costume really work.
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Void @ Feb 8 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]347856[/snapback]

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 8 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]347771[/snapback]

Now you see I've been looking but I can't find any....must just be Envy's good luck.

The Armstrongs are usually funny, I think there is one in the gallery here...still doesn't match up to a good Ed but....

And I cave in....more showing off! (well some of you may not have taken the hint before)

Not to be mean, but you could stand to lose a few pounds to make that costume really work.

ohmy.gif Bacon that was mean >.<
Carnal Malefactor
Sometimes you have to be Simon Cowell... seriously, 90% of bad cosplay is bad because the costumes are too revealing for the person's figure.

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Feb 5 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]346892[/snapback]

I'll help fund your costume, I'll style your wig!
Though I think you would be a kick-ass Farman.

...or Holland from Eureka Seven.

THat would be the easiest cosplay ever for me.
Chiyo
QUOTE(Void @ Feb 8 2006, 11:35 PM) [snapback]347859[/snapback]

Sometimes you have to be Simon Cowell... seriously, 90% of bad cosplay is bad because the costumes are too revealing for the person's figure.

Surely though, thats because they are just normal people having a bit of fun. Why should they diet just for a costume?

But you are right, I do look too big in this costume, hence why I never really wanted to do it.
Carnal Malefactor
That's the difficulty with doing cosplay as a female. There's a certain body type that's almost exclusive to anime women, and their costumes are designed to accentuate that. When a girl with a different body type tries to put on the same costume... it just doesn't look good. I think that if you're gonna do cosplay, and you want to make it look good, I think by necessity you need to get yourself in shape. Otherwise, of course people are going to say it looks bad, because most people are looking for a reasonable real-life facsimile of an anime character, not a loose interpretation of one.
Chiyo
True, but I'm not getting a breast implant for no-one laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 8 2006, 07:00 PM) [snapback]347878[/snapback]

True, but I'm not getting a breast implant for no-one laugh.gif

You could always stuff. laugh.gif
Chiyo
Methinks you have thought about this far too much tongue.gif
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Void @ Feb 8 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]347872[/snapback]

That's the difficulty with doing cosplay as a female. There's a certain body type that's almost exclusive to anime women, and their costumes are designed to accentuate that. When a girl with a different body type tries to put on the same costume... it just doesn't look good.

I think it's just that anime costumes in general don't look flattering in real figures. Heck, I'm a skeleton, and the only time I've ever really looked like I had a belly was in my Envy costume. It's strange. A cosplay curse of sorts... blink.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Feb 8 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]347910[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ Feb 8 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]347872[/snapback]

That's the difficulty with doing cosplay as a female. There's a certain body type that's almost exclusive to anime women, and their costumes are designed to accentuate that. When a girl with a different body type tries to put on the same costume... it just doesn't look good.

I think it's just that anime costumes in general don't look flattering in real figures. Heck, I'm a skeleton, and the only time I've ever really looked like I had a belly was in my Envy costume. It's strange. A cosplay curse of sorts... blink.gif

I didn't see a belly.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Void @ Feb 8 2006, 07:48 PM) [snapback]347921[/snapback]

I didn't see a belly.

Hm Maybe it's just the picture quality. Or my self esteem...
Carnal Malefactor
I still don't see it.
mei_tenshi
Sorry, Toby, but I'm gonna have to agree with bacon on that one. mellow.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Chiyo
Why did you take that picture down? I liked it who cares of Bacon is being nipicky.

QUOTE(Void @ Feb 8 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]347859[/snapback]

Not really that but more people picking characters that they can't really pull off. Face it, there's alot of people wearing clothes in real life that have no business doing so why would it be different with cosplay. If people would pay attention to what looks good on them then there would be no such thing as bad cosplay.
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 8 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]347868[/snapback]

Surely though, thats because they are just normal people having a bit of fun. Why should they diet just for a costume?

But you are right, I do look too big in this costume, hence why I never really wanted to do it.

That's right it is all about fun, the fun of making stuff then wearing it and running around the convention like a big dork. tongue.gif

But for what it's worth I don't think you look too big for that costume I liked it.
QUOTE(Void @ Feb 8 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]347872[/snapback]

That's the difficulty with doing cosplay as a female. There's a certain body type that's almost exclusive to anime women, and their costumes are designed to accentuate that. When a girl with a different body type tries to put on the same costume... it just doesn't look good. I think that if you're gonna do cosplay, and you want to make it look good, I think by necessity you need to get yourself in shape. Otherwise, of course people are going to say it looks bad, because most people are looking for a reasonable real-life facsimile of an anime character, not a loose interpretation of one.

Well alot of times that's not possible but with some special effects it can be faked. Plus, it's like I said above. People need to know what looks good on them. That's why when I cosplay I try to think of what that person would look like in real life and go from there.

That was a little tougher when I was putting Envy together.
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Feb 8 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]347910[/snapback]

This is true but with some alterations and re-designing it can be done.

What belly? huh.gif

Not to shabby male Ed cosplayer

Bacon
Do you have a picture of that Holland guy I couldn't find one.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Feb 8 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]347947[/snapback]

What belly? huh.gif

Omg, that belly that the elitist media corporate whores who own the fashion magazines and dictate our common unrealistic standards of beauty have told me I have! ohmy.gif!

Just forget I said that. I was in a wierd state of mind. (*Refrains from pointing out other things that look ugly in her pictures*)

Think selfesteem thoughts, think selfesteem thoughts, think selfesteem thoughts...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Feb 8 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]347947[/snapback]

Bacon
Do you have a picture of that Holland guy I couldn't find one.

Envy's lil' miniskirt
Ah ok.
You should, I think you'll make a good Holland. biggrin.gif
Ailuro
Grow your hair out a bit and then I'll agree fully. biggrin.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Found another one biggrin.gif

Go to the finished section and there will be pics of all the characters. Ed is there and he has a nice costume. Actually, all this guys costumes are nice.
Carnal Malefactor
Hair looks terrible.
Slashrose1010
laugh.gif Bacon would make quite a nice Holland. I dunno, all of this body type talk though... Holland is kinda lean/lanky somewhat. Better hit the gym a bit more and eat your roughage tongue.gif *finds the image of Bacon wearing a yellow hanky-scraf-thing amusing*
Adri
Will someone help me? I plan to go as Winry for animethon 13 and my sister wants to go as Risa, but I can't find any patterns!
Aleesha Elric
I changed my mind. I have decided to go to AvCon as Pride!Ed from Bluebirds Illusion tongue.gif
Chiyo
Ah now that sounds like a good one Aleesha! Why did you swap to that?
Aleesha Elric
Because one day I saw a pic of Pride and thought to myself "Well kinda looks like Envy" and never gave it second thought. Last week I was going though a BBI game translation guide and saw the badass weapon he has and all the markings and I was in awe, so I have decided to go as Pride!Ed now. biggrin.gif
Fayth Prophecy
I've cosplayed some. Last year, at a local con, I went as Itachi...Scary images. I kind of like to stay away from characters that everyone likes, but a friend payed me enough to go as Itachi. I haven't gone to any cons yet to further my cosplay career.
Ailuro
I'd cosplay if there was a character that I actually resembled. There are hardly any brown-haired characters. huh.gif
Chiyo
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 4 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]358366[/snapback]

I'd cosplay if there was a character that I actually resembled. There are hardly any brown-haired characters. huh.gif

Oh I am sure there is someone you could easily go as Aily, even if you have to purchase wig laugh.gif

But no, as long as you look a little like a character (that's hard enough...to look like a cartoon character) you can easily pull it off.
Ailuro
But wigs look fake most of the time. sad.gif

And that's the thing. I don't know of any character that I even look a little like. tongue.gif
Black Zero
I'd cosplay if there was a character that I actually resembled. There are hardly any brown-haired characters

Me too, I would do scar but I am not buff.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 4 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]358394[/snapback]

But wigs look fake most of the time. sad.gif

And that's the thing. I don't know of any character that I even look a little like. tongue.gif

Ummm... *Ponders*

I think you could probably pull off a good Reki, or any Haibane character with a little work. Heck, maybe even an Izumi. biggrin.gif Look into a few recent anime; the trend in anime style has become more realistic, and thus there are a lot more characters with realistic proportions and earthy natural tones. It's much easier to find a practical design.

On another note, I was thinking about cosplaying MisaMisa. Anybody have thoughts on that?
Hana no Kuroi
Huh...I'd love to cosplay, but I have no idea who I'd cosplay, or where to find a costume and such. I could probably pull off Rose if I got some pink hair dye, and dyed the tips of my hair....XD
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Hana no Kuroi @ Mar 4 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]358448[/snapback]

Huh...I'd love to cosplay, but I have no idea who I'd cosplay, or where to find a costume and such. I could probably pull off Rose if I got some pink hair dye, and dyed the tips of my hair....XD

That probably wouldn't work well with your hair.

But at least bleach it first. Otherwise it'll just look yucky.
Hana no Kuroi
^ Huh....Your right...So, I'd pull off a Rose with plain dark brown hair...

I'd also love to cosplay Ed's outfit...It's too cool...x-x
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Hana no Kuroi @ Mar 4 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]358468[/snapback]

^ Huh....Your right...So, I'd pull off a Rose with plain dark brown hair...

I'd also love to cosplay Ed's outfit...It's too cool...x-x

Except everyone does Ed.

Everyone.

It's worse than Kenshin Naruto and Inuyasha combined. Everyone and their mother has attempted some sort of half arsed Ed cosplay. :/
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 4 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]358366[/snapback]

You could be Talho to my Holland... although that involves wearing something you might not be so comfortable with.
Black Zero
You know, It would be very easy to cosplay alphonse if you could find an 80's suit of armor that you could buy for less than 100$.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Black Zero @ Mar 4 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]358551[/snapback]

You know, It would be very easy to cosplay alphonse if you could find an 80's suit of armor that you could buy for less than 100$.

80s suit of armor? Permit me to say, 'doubleyoo tee eff'
Black Zero

what does that mean?[
Ailuro
Hmm.. Talho
IPB Image

Or Reki..
IPB Image

Haha, yeah, don't know how comfortable I'd be wearing Talho's outift. Although... It's not as bad as many outfits.

Reki's outfit would work well. But I'd have to cut my bangs to play her. tongue.gif

And playing Izumi would take too much time to prepare it all. Braiding all that hair...

@Toby: If you're prepared to make her outfit and actually wear it, then I say go for it. She's so adorable! You'd be a great Misa. laugh.gif
Chiyo
Talho looks a good one if you could face being that revealing tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Black Zero @ Mar 4 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]358555[/snapback]

what does that mean?[

It means that what you said makes no sense whatsoever.

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 4 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]358557[/snapback]

Talho looks a good one if you could face being that revealing tongue.gif

Hey, from what we've seen she's got the body for it. wink.gif
Black Zero
I understand what you were saying now.
Carnal Malefactor
I deleted your post for a reason.

Think -> then type.
Black Zero
oh
Ailuro
QUOTE(Black Zero @ Mar 4 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]358594[/snapback]

oh

He still doesn't get it.
Black Zero
Yeah I do, I just cant type it or I'll get a warning.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Black Zero @ Mar 4 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]358621[/snapback]

Yeah I do, I just cant type it or I'll get a warning.

rolleyes.gif
for god's sake, the warning was for NOT typing it.
Black Zero
Then what was the warning for?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Black Zero @ Mar 4 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]358641[/snapback]

Then what was the warning for?

[faceplant]
are you retarded, or just illiterate?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.