Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosplay! Put your cosplay pics and discussions here! :)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Conventions and Cosplays > Cosplay
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Asakura_yoh
Note: This thread is in Fanworks forum, and as such, in addition to FMA cosplay, additional discussions on cosplaying of non-FMA characters would be also allowed on this thread. Although, of course, we would love to see many posts and pics on cosplaying of FMA characters. smile.gif ~ Board Staff <-- no longer applicable. ^^

Anyone here is cosplaying?

There was one cosplaying activity in my town a few weeks ago. I shall put up the pics of FMA cosplayer here ^^ I like the girl who cosplayed as Roy.... she looked really awesome...

izumi sensei and Ed

Two eds?? O.o;;

FMA group... I can see two ed there lol

I have more -.-;; But dunno whether to put up o not?
Ailuro
Yeah~ =D
Put more up!

I've never cosplayed before. There's no character that I know of that looks even remotely similar to me. And I really don't want to change my hair color or length. nPlus the fact that there is no place to cosplay where I am..
So do you cosplay, I'm assuming yes..? If so, who was your favorite character that you were?
Asakura_yoh
I didn't cosplay this year. I will be cosplaying next year... ^^;;

Could you see clearly what this pic is all about? lol XD
IPB Image

Hmm, can i put others cosplayer non FMA related one?
Ailuro
Wow. I have no idea what's going on in that picture. xD

Well, it's Open Chat. Slap them on here!
Asakura_yoh
lol.. the pic hmm.. the middle one was Izumi sensei... then other cosplayer join the fun when they saw Jubei, from getbackers placed his 'needles' (actually they were chopsticks) *cough* at her... XD Then Ed was just near by and she (yes, the one cosplayed as Ed was a girl) just bowed down, making a scene that she wanted to save the sensei out of the trouble. XD

found another FMA pic XD
IPB Image

oh yeah.. another one... They were all at their knees... respecting Izumi sensei!!! *cheers*
IPB Image

Assasssin from RO
IPB Image
Jaganshi
Cosplaying is way fun. I wanted to make a Lulu costume, from FFX, since a bunch of my friends always tell me I look like her. The problem is.......my chest isn't big enough ;_;
Ailuro
I like the "Worship Sensei" picture. xD

Is the last picture of two Assassins from RO? blink.gif
xrninja
http://www.soniasegreto.com/cosplayit/sito...ramecosplay.htm

great cosplay photos there. the girl who's cloud is awesome, as is the KH cloud costume in the mannequin. ohmy.gif
Ailuro
Wow. The Cloud is good. ohmy.gif
Jaganshi
.....isn't it funny how the best cosplayers are the girls dressed up like boys?
Bling_bling_Angel
sleep.gif *sigh* I'll prolly get kicked outta the forums for this, but it's been bothering me for awhile now...

*hesistant* Okay, so cosplaying is juss for fun... but seriously...? Don't uyou guys think it's kinda... pathetic? Come on now... Take a look at some of the pics over the net and you can see people trying SO hard to be someone they couldn't look like in a million years! Right, okay, so there are some exceptions, but they're pretty rare...

Don't get me wrong: cosplay's cool, but the people who try "too hard" are sad... they look ABSOLUTELY stupid...
Gashole
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 31 2004, 01:20 AM)
people who try "too hard" are sad...

Now there's a quote.
Bling_bling_Angel
Exactly, Gassy... that applies tothose who wish to be sarcastic 24-7, even when it gets on people's nerves more than it amuses them, don't you agree?
Le Monkey
some do thry FAR to hard

Some r ok buti aggree with bling
alchemistgirl zero
I cosplay as much as I can. I once went as a catgirl! I had claws and I talked to this girl who was Inu-Yasha. It was very awkward considering how I'm Inu-Yasha's fangirl. happy.gif
Slashrose1010
I wouldn't go to a coplay convention but I'd make my own costume if I knew how to Sew and knew workshop (for any metal parts I would need). I could pull off a Roy Mustang I think. I already have black hair about his length. I also have small eyes like Roy. He looks Asian like me. tongue.gif
water_alchemist
i wouldn't cosplay....i think i'd look like afool...but some people just try so hard to imitate their favorite or any character
Quistis88
I considered cosplaying or something for the next convention that I may be attending. But my friend said she will not go with me if I do, and if she did, would be too embarassed.

All the more reason for me to do so.

Then again, I resemble no one, save for Dagger from FFIX. I have the stature for it, I suppose. But then I think to myself that making a costume takes up too much time, time which I do not have, so I will not bother. tongue.gif
Le Monkey
ow, go on

Itl be good to see the pix that you COULD put up? biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
You're lucky, Quis. I don't have any anime conventions here... ever! I would so got to one if they had a gaming or anime convention.
hitokiri
where in PA are you cause i think at least once a year theres an anime convention in philly... but if you are close enough to travel every year in the summer/fall theres a big convention here in NYC, i havent gone in years but i know they still do it.
Slashrose1010
That's cool. Wow, there is one in Philly? (large city, shoulda known) I don't think I could make it down there but thanks for telling me. Maybe I can gather some anime fans around here and start an ameture (can't spell) convention tongue.gif
Quistis88
I've never gone to a gaming convention. mellow.gif I've always wanted to go though. And of course, cosplaying for that is another matter that I would not really consider.
mei-tenshi
I've never been to any kind of convention whatsoever, but it would be neat to cosplay. (I've never done it.)

Heck, I'd do it even without a convention in town.

It's just a matter of getting off my rear end and making the costume/accessories.
Slashrose1010
There are plenty of anime games. FMA:Broken Angel, countless FF's, Xenogears, Kingdom Hearts (also some FF charcters).

How about Aeris, Quistis tongue.gif I always liked Aeris. She was a great healer and had cool limit breaks.
Quistis88
But I look nothing like Aeris. biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
I know, Quis. I've seen a pic of you in that Pic Thread. I've also seen Bacon and Edsgirl. He he, just a suggestion. I don't think I could put that much time into a costume either tongue.gif
Quistis88
I don't even have that much time to even think about making a costume.

All of that time goes into browsing around at the forums here. biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
You and me both. But you have a lagitimite reason. tongue.gif

If I did have enough time I would probably be Cloud (KH costume) for an anime convention but probably for the sake of breaking monotony I would be Vincent for a game convention. I think both are Way cool. It's cool because FF charcters are considered both anime and game characters smile.gif
mei_tenshi
We can always envision ourselves in anime-wear. Imagination works really well for my figure tongue.gif
Quistis88
If I had to cosplay as someone I didn't really look like, then . . . I could always do a FMA character crossover of Ed/Roy/Fury. By being Ed, I can have an excuse for my long hair (and braid it, too); I can wear Roy's gloves and snap at random people; as Fury, I can keep my glasses on. biggrin.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jan 5 2005, 01:56 PM)
You're lucky, Quis. I don't have any anime conventions here... ever! I would so got to one if they had a gaming or anime convention.

i dont have ANYTHING remotely good in my area cos its BORING
Quistis88
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but it's one of my favorites:

Best Transformers Cosplayer Ever!
dreamcatcher_alchemist
I've cosplayed for the last two years and intend to again in the spring if my friend can get her sewing machine fixed. I'm going as Sloth while my friend crossplays Ed. ^^

Personally, I think its a lot of fun.

ah, and as for conventions in PA, Tekkoshocon is in April, and its in Monoroeville (near Pittsburgh) if you're anywhere near that area.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jan 6 2005, 03:09 PM)
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but it's one of my favorites:

Best Transformers Cosplayer Ever!

SWEET, That looks painfull but so cool, he must have put in some seirios work for that costume
Dancing Alchemist
I've never cosplayed before. And there is no place to cosplay where I am sad.gif .
Mike
*says in heroic voice* "Never give up! Never surrender!"
Ailuro
Galaxy Quest? o.o
hitokiri
[img]http://www.bansheeproductions.net/convention/otakon04/images/otakon20040057.JPG[/img]

Worst Cosplayer Ever
xrninja
so, ah, who is he cosplaying as? unsure.gif
hitokiri
Carl Brutananadilewski from aqua teen hunger force

NOTE: i was not commenting on his costume, i was commenting on him.
Slashrose1010
@Ninja: the fat ass from Aqua Teen Hunger Force I think.

@Hito: sorry, my internet is very slow tongue.gif

He actually looks like him, but the bald patch is just terrible
edsgirl
lol tongue.gif boy does he have him down good. That's almost shameful to look at sad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Jan 31 2005, 01:26 AM)
[img]http://www.bansheeproductions.net/convention/otakon04/images/otakon20040057.JPG[/img]

Worst Cosplayer Ever
[snapback]102864[/snapback]

How so? It's accurate and he's not fooling himself into thinking he's attractive, like so many other American cosplayers...
Toby-Chan
I did FMA cosplay with some friends for halloween. We had an "Al-in-a-box" and everything. happy.gif Our costumes were crap, but it wasn't really anything to take seriously. I probably shouldn't be putting up pictures without my friends' permission, but... ssshhhhhh

Izumi-Sensei and Winry kick some butt

I'm the winry. No, that's not my hair, that's a wig. And yes, I know it's a cruddy costume, but that had part to do with school dress codes, and my own laziness. (Besides, I'm too flat-chested to wear a tube top.) We were trying to get hair extentions for Izumi-Sensei, but it didn't work out. We still had fun.

And just for kicks, some Hughes-y goodness...
(Ed is my lil sister)

Isn't She adorable?
Carnal Malefactor
o_O;; whatever your day job may be... don't quit it...
Prinz_Zoisit
the one on the picture "does" look Huges really alike^^
Toby-Chan
Ha! Lova ya too, Bacon! wink.gif

Seriously, it's not news to me that our costumes ar crap and illustrate all that is bad about cosplaying. I just like to make fun of myself.
otaku_jester
<Merging "Hagaren/FMA Cosplay" thread with the following 4 pages of posts to "Cosplay!" thread. Checked continuities if the posts on both threads and confirmed the post continuities will survive the merge. 03/26/07 ~Tombow>

Ok, i wasn't sure where else to put this, so I put it here. Pretty much my post is me asking for help. I'm going to be going to a con later this year as Hughes...i have my entire costume ready short of one thing, which i consider to be the most important part of his costume, and what makes the character identifiable from other military personel.......the picture of his daughter! i have been looking ALL over the internet trying to find a pic of his daughter that i can blow up and have printed on glossy photo paper. if anyone can get ahold of this either post it here or preferable email it to me at otaku_jester@hotmail.com (put something in the subject line so i don't delete it as junk mail please.) if ANYONE can help me PLEASE DO! thanks again everyone!
Asakawa
Hoeeey!
well, i've searched for some already existing cosplay topic, but i had no luck ^^' the search system fails me everytime. So, I'm really sorry if there's already a thread about it.

And besides, i had no idea of where to post this.

I've gathered some friends and we started a Hagaren group here in Brazil. What about you guys? Interested in this hobby? Any other cosplayers around? My avatar is one of my pics as Hawkeye (sorry, no blondness =p).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.