Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exercise, What Do You Do To Stay In Shape?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2
AlphonseRules
<Edited to add "What do you do to stay in shape?" to the thread title to better describe the content of poll. 03/18/07 ~Tombow>

Say what you do for exercise and why, if you want.

I lift weights. I lifted all through high school so it wouldn't feel right if I didn't go now. I look forward to going to the gym after work on most days.
Carnal Malefactor
I jog with the dog and lift at home.
Toby-Chan
I don't do it regularly though I suppose I should, especially since my arms have grown so wimpy. (I took aerobics/weight toning for a semester, and afterwards bought weights and aerobics videos swearing I'd use them, but I never did.)

I like to take walks, and I need to bike to most places, so I guess that counts, but it's not quite regular excercise.

I'm thinking of taking up some form of dance to get in shape, maybe. My mom's been badgering me about my weight a lot lately, so maybe I can gain a few pounds in muscle and keep her un-paranoid.
Ice Blizzard
I play sports for 2 to 3 hours daily
MonsterEnvy
I bike all over the place for transportation, but I put in enough miles a week to call it 'exercise.' I also do fencing in the winter... it's fun.
sweety_pie
I swim all the time in the summer, and for the other seasonss, I walk my dog.I also have a trampolene(sp?)that I usually play on daily with my sibs.
Oh, and I just found out I have a gym.Which is weird cause it's been there for 6 years,and I just found out we have it.
Migchao
I usually run around like a maniac, but I do a lot of other things:

Trampoline, swimming, jumping, I do a lot of games that I have to run like hell to be able to beat everybody in.
DarkFireDemon
I play sports,or just run around and act stupid.Heh..
Blitz
I usually walk 30-45 minutes a day. Sometimes I'll run on a treadmill and lift some weights (heaviest I can go is 50 lbs I'm so pathetic)
Silly Penguin
i play soccer, though in the summer swim smile.gif
DustStorm
Stuff I do: Ballet, Capoeira (brazilian martial arts), fencing, tennis, jog with my dog, and I go surfing every Tuesday. XD
I used to ride my bike to school but I haven't touched my bike since summer vacation started. mellow.gif
Realmwalker
Little bit of everything. Swimming, running, weight lifting, basic cardio.

I simply ask myself: Were the zombie apocalypse to happen now, am I in the condition I would be able to avoid death at the hands of the no-longer-dead? If yes, I keep doing what I'm doing. If no, well, time to change.
MasterKris
I just jog I guess. I sometimes play tennis if I can (there's not a public tennis court anywhere near my neighborhood) and I play ping-pong too. There's a exercising bike inside my house so I bike as I watch TV. Also in my church, we play sports after service so I play like crazy. (I'm known as the natural-born pitcher, WHOOT!)
I was thinking of joining a sports team when I go to High, mabye just track?
Quistis88
I am an aerobics/cardio person. However, I rarely do anything because I leave it up to my genetic advantages to take care of the rest. I probably should exercise more.
Popogeejo
I have the genetic advantage. If I exercised I might achive some muscle tone aswell but it's to hot these days. I'll start soon though.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jun 29 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]418106[/snapback]

I am an aerobics/cardio person. However, I rarely do anything because I leave it up to my genetic advantages to take care of the rest. I probably should exercise more.

Yeah, I'm kinda like that.

Lets work out together! <3
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Blitz @ Jun 29 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]418051[/snapback]

I usually walk 30-45 minutes a day. Sometimes I'll run on a treadmill and lift some weights (heaviest I can go is 50 lbs I'm so pathetic)

Well if you only do it sometimes you won't really increase your weight much. The important thing is that you don't hurt yourself though.
Thievesvinegar
Anything that can go fast.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Jun 29 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]418218[/snapback]

Driving is not a form of exercise.

...and neither is meth...
Thievesvinegar
Let's go mountain biking together, Bacon. No worries, I'm sure it'll be fun.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Jun 29 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]418225[/snapback]

I haven't ridden a bike in 13 years, unless you count stationary bikes.
Toby-Chan

I almost made a joke there, but that was just begging to be sent back to bite me.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 29 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]418184[/snapback]
Lets work out together! <3

Let's. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Void @ Jun 29 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]418220[/snapback]
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Jun 29 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]418218[/snapback]
Driving is not a form of exercise.

Oh, darn. sad.gif

I would ride my bike, but since my little cousin took my bike, I no longer own one.
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Void @ Jun 29 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]418230[/snapback]

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Jun 29 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]418225[/snapback]

Did you forget how? haha
Zarpia
QUOTE(Void @ Jun 29 2006, 08:31 PM) [snapback]418230[/snapback]

sleep.gif Same here, is been so long since I ride one, that if I do, I'm sure I will end up in a tree.

I think for me is just walking, but I need to exercise more.
Thievesvinegar
I had my cheap, mass-produced bike, bought at Costco stolen a month or two ago. I was angry, but realize that means I can get a legit mt. bike now. My neighboorhood depresses me. The way that dude stole our grass cutting device was so sad. He could barely jump over the wall that was four feet high. Also it took him about 8-11 seconds to get on his bike and wobble away with the thing under his arm. Stupid, really. You should check if the thing you're stealing is broken or not. I was standing in my enclosed patio and was kinda dejected bedcause I couldn't get a clear shot with my camera. So I started kinda yelling to let him know that he wasn't alone and he was trying so hard to get away! This happened about three weeks ago. Other things that went missing: pack of cigarettes and a very, very old radio stero. It' s not like we leave anything valuable out.

Sorry, I got on a tangent there.
AlphonseRules
Yeah you did. Grass cutting device? lol
Thievesvinegar
Zarpia, walking? That's sad. Let's find you something more exciting. What do you like doing?

Oh might I add, I was scared at first beucase he looked like an intimidating, bulky man at 11 p.m. With bad english.
22-250
The only exercise I get is at school. Which isn't very good.
Zarpia
laugh.gif jumping? dancing in my chair. There was a time when I used to walk with my mom and nephew almost every afternoon, but has stopped now. work is hard enough for me. I guess I can find some time to do something else besides sit around must of my free time.
Thievesvinegar
Zarpia, ya gotta give me more than that. Ever been kite surfing? I haven't b/c the costs are a killer. There's dance, that's always admirable, however, that's if you like being cooped up inside and not enjoy the most beautiful assets avaliable. HIking is kind of boring, but if that's your thing, that's good. It involves walking. I always hike to check out new terrain first.
Zarpia
I really wouldn't dare go hike surfing, I can't swim. such shame T__T. But hiking might be a good think, I'm good at falling XD
Toby-Chan
I love hiking. Always wind up collecting mass quantities of pointless crap.

*Loves on fossil collection*
Thievesvinegar
Toby, but you don't know where it's been.
Toby-Chan
Well, I haven't died yet.
Carnal Malefactor
No, but your stomach might be getting colonized by parasites as we speak. :-B
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Jun 29 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]418242[/snapback]

Other things that went missing: pack of cigarettes and a very, very old radio stero. It' s not like we leave anything valuable out.

Sorry, I got on a tangent there.

laugh.gif Sounds like my neighborhood.
Years ago, we had somebody climb in through the window of the building using one of our patio chairs and steal some random painting that was on the wall. The owners son had painted it so it wasn't like a Picasso. They also eventually stole the patio furniture out of the back and my broken radiator that was stashed under the stairs.

It had a big wad of epoxy on it so it was deffinately broken.
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Jun 29 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]418260[/snapback]

Zarpia, ya gotta give me more than that. Ever been kite surfing? I haven't b/c the costs are a killer. There's dance, that's always admirable, however, that's if you like being cooped up inside and not enjoy the most beautiful assets avaliable. HIking is kind of boring, but if that's your thing, that's good. It involves walking. I always hike to check out new terrain first.

Oh kite surfing!

I've been watching people do that while stuck in the afternoon commute. It looks like so much fun, I really want to try it before I leave.

As far as my exercise I chose genetically advantaged because my out of shape is no where nearly as bad as others out of shape shape.

I do a variety of things to stay fit. I ride my bike instead of drive, walk places and now have a job that keeps me on my feet and active so that's doing wonders for me. I also have a work out routine I'm hoping to pick back up soon
Thievesvinegar
Don't think too much on being fit, just have fun. I had three in and out burgers last saturday.

...that came out wrong. I just mean if you have fun, being fit will follow. And I agree, kite surfing and paragliding look like things i have to do.
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jun 29 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]418282[/snapback]

As far as my exercise I chose genetically advantaged because my out of shape is no where nearly as bad as others out of shape shape.

Excuses excuses. Just because you don't look bad compared to me doesn't mean you don't need a workout. tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
I'm just afraid of becoming fat again. You think I'm self-loathing now, imagine if I wasn't happy with the shape I was in!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Jun 29 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]418288[/snapback]

Excuses excuses. Just because you don't look bad compared to me doesn't mean you don't need a workout. tongue.gif

Did you ever see me in my Envy costume? That's my "out of shape".
Zarpia
^But you look really good in it^^
Thievesvinegar
Just beause you're in a socially accepted weight range does not mean you are healthy.
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Jun 29 2006, 10:50 PM) [snapback]418304[/snapback]

Just beause you're in a socially accepted weight range does not mean you are healthy.

But your health goes up the skinnier you get right? rolleyes.gif
trecia
i chose other because in the 2 nothings one was video games and the other was genetically advantaged... im neither... i exercise my fingers everyday when im clicking the mouse or typing with the keyboard... i try to keep my fingers healthy... laugh.gif
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jun 29 2006, 10:49 PM) [snapback]418301[/snapback]

Did you ever see me in my Envy costume? That's my "out of shape".

No I did not.
joanne45
excercise is my pastime
jogging/walking for 1 hour
treadmill for about 30 min
Physical Training for 1 hour
Aerobics for 1 hour
Surfing for 3 hour
AndroidLust
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Jun 28 2006, 08:53 PM) [snapback]417944[/snapback]
I also do fencing in the winter... it's fun.

You fence too? I love you biggrin.gif What weapon?

I fence all year around (invitationals, tournaments, ect.) I also Irish dance. It`s fun (though quite tiring).
Popogeejo
I did a bit o' fencing in one of my old schools before I left it. I enjoyed it but most of the people there were egotistical arse holes.

For exercise now I usually go for long walks through the main part of the city. There's not much else available for now. (Popo loathes gyms.)
Funderful
I'm close to the main part of my town, so I walk place to place, as well as to school, and jog with my dog daily.

I'm also starting Judo quite soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.