Current Version: Pre-Alpha v1.2 (2 updates since release xD, that means 2 days since p-a release )
The "on-webpage" client doesn't work right now, download the client (and tell a friend to also) and make an account (tell your friend to also ), create room, start game.
It has (as of now):
-Working client to server connection
-Game waiting room
-Working Game Room Creator powers (double click to kick)
-Working chat and in-game chat
-2 character's gfx
-2 maps with gfx
-Health and Energy Bars
(please correct me if I'm wrong, what is the FMA's source of energy? Gate-soul-power?)
Attacks ARE NOT WORKING, Health IS NOT IMPLEMENTED (only energy is, because there's nothing else...)
Attacks are: A-kick, S-punch, D-transmutate (heal energy in my case), A+S-Melee skill (ed uses his metal-hand sword thing), S+D-Ranged skill (For ed, I found the sprite, but I'm not sure it was a real attack)
- Shops sell "power jewlery" that give additional of some stat... and that's it as of now, suggest something!
- Leveling up, no doubt, levels up a certain stat permanently
- So far, there's already Melee+Ranged skills, I'm planning to do "item spawning" and stuff like that
- Maybe more ranged skills
- different skills for different characters
More characters + maps
- Maps are easy to make, I don't need too much help, besides, I make up maps, I don't have to base it on anything, not even laws of physics xD!
- More characters, get me sprites please!
Etc. Suggest something!
What I need:
- Right now, I'm focusing on making attacks, so I need sprites... And all I have is the full set of sprites for Ed, and that's not enough for this game! I need sprites for Al (I have the GBA walk gfx for Al), Scar (I have something for him), Roy (if you can, my friend already tried), and others (like gluttony and lust, which I have, but I need attacks!) It'll be the best if I can get a sprite artist!
- More ideas!
- When you move around, the other people move around 10 pixels out of place in the direction you are moving, and when you jump, same thing. I'll fix this problem if I know where the problem was in the code , the thing is, it'll be a huge problem for ranged attacks because when ranged attacks hit the wall, they go away, and if you jump and when you're coming down, the dood goes into the wall (down into the floor, basically) and the attack disappears on your screen, but on their screen it hits you (but it won't hit you because the "damage checker" will be on your comp) and you don't lose hp.
If you can find bugs, report them please.
Thanks so much for reading this xD! I hope you enjoy the... pre-alpha v1.2 and look forward to the game to be done! Testing right now has no limits, anyone can join. BUT when attacks+damaging is done, I'll put it to closed-alpha, when more stuff are done, open-alpha, then closed-beta when the game is complete, just need bug testing. Then open-beta, then release. Hopefully, all before school starts again! xD! (btw, I started this project around 3 days ago...)