Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hagaren Song File: Song Lyrics...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Music > FMA-1 Anime Music > Hagaren Song Files: FMA-1 Character Songs
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Elderberry
Um, since lots of people seemed to want to know what the character songs for Ed were about, I finally decided to stop mumbling random things and try to actually translate one. Since "Hagane no Kokoro" was by far the most popular in the song poll, I did a translation of that one first.

Please note that since I didn't have access to any written lyrics, I kind of had to type out the lyrics by ear, which means that there will obviously be atleast a few mistakes. Also, my Japanese is still very so-so, so (wow, three so's in a row- let's replace that last one with therefore...) there are a bunch of parts that I had trouble with, which are noted with the numbered [brackets]. And, finally, there's always the typical interpretation errors...

But, anyway, here's what I suppose you could call a semi-translation of Hagane no Kokoro. Feel free to post any comments/complaints/vocabulary-aid/or even flames (these are fine as long as they don't fry my computer...)~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hagane no Kokoro"
(Romanized by Ear...)

Torimodoshite miseru tsukamu no sakko[1] no te de
Hohoemi to namida no ato

Trying to regain…[Um, I’m kind of stuck here…]
After the smiles and tears…

Wakatteru sono kimochi dakara shinpai nanda
Issho da yo donna toki demo

I understand those feelings, that’s why I’m worried
We’ll be together, no matter what happens

Tooku hanaretetemo omoi tsutawaru[2]
Sonna ki ga shiteru no

Even when we’re far apart, you send your thoughts
I can sense them…

* “Hagane no kokoro[3]” hitori zutsu[4] omoi kimochi wa chigattemo
Omoi yaru wa tashika dakara itsudatte shinjite mieru

“Heart of Steel” Though our thoughts and feelings differ
Because our feelings are true, we’ll always try to believe

“Hagane no Kokoro” bokutachi wa nakushita mono ooi keredo
Dakara koso tsuyoku nareru kizu na tsuyoku futari[5] kara

“Heart of Steel” Though our losses are many
That’s exactly why we’ll become strong, because [see footnote 5]

Hontou wa wakatteru sa omae ga soba ni inakya
Ore hitori ja nani mo dekinai

I really do understand- if you weren’t there by my side
I, alone, wouldn’t be able to do anything

Itsumo issho ni iru yo subete wa tachiaou
Yorokobi mo kanashimi sae mo

We’ll always be together; let's witness everything
Happiness too, and even sadness

Tsutsunde ageru itsumo yasashisa de
Demo chotto samishii

I’ll always surround you with kindness
But I’m a little sad…

“Hagane no Kokoro” nagareteku jikan wa zankoku da keredo
Kasanaru omoi tashika nara itsudatte susunde yukeru

“Heart of Steel” Though the flow of time is cruel
If these accumulating memories are true, we’ll always advance forwards

“Hagane no Kokoro” kibou sae ushinau you na sadame demo
Issho nara nori koerareru kizu na tsuyoku futari[5] kara

“Heart of Steel” Even when it seems we’ll lose all hope
If we’re together we can climb over it, Because [See footnote 5]

Yasashisa ga kimeta omoi ga
Sono chikara ataeru

Those memories chosen by kindness
Will give you that strength

*Repeat

[1] I can’t figure out the exact word she’s singing…
[2] I thought that this was “tsubawaru” for sooo long… The Japanese dictionary gave these definitions for “tsutawaru”: to be handed down; to be introduced; to be transmitted; to be circulated; to go along; to walk along
[3] As far as I can tell, “Hagane no Kokoro” kind of seems to stand by itself- it doesn’t seem to fit into the rest of the lyrics. (I’m probably wrong about this, so if anyone can correct me, by all means, please go ahead!)
[4] This word here doesn’t seem to exist…but that’s what it sounds like… (I just left it out of the translation)
[5] Like note [1], I can’t figure out exactly what they’re singing. I’m guessing it might mean something like “We’re both weak and strong” or something…Someone please help…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Thanks for actually taking the time to read through all this random junk! Yay!)
Versaythe
wow at least you know what it means haha unlike me
heehee it's so funny hearing Ed, Al and Winry sing~ tongue.gif
Elderberry
laugh.gif Yay! Someone actually responded! (Um, if anyone wants to post complaints, they're welcome to)
seissa
wow i think that's brilliant.. you are good~!

any chance you'll do one for "returnable memories"? biggrin.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
my favorite was "RETURNABLE MEMORIES"... can you pls also translate this one, Elderberry?
Elderberry
Returnable Memories is my favorite song too! Yay! laugh.gif

OK, I'll try to translate Returnable Memories next...(emphasis on the word "try" happy.gif) Give me about a week or so...
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Oct 18 2004, 02:55 AM)
Returnable Memories is my favorite song too! Yay!  laugh.gif

yea! Elderberry you got the point!!

this song is soo dark... and i always hear it, when i'm depressed(i will always remember the day where i was soo down and i heard this song the whole day -.-)....

P.S.: If you wanna hear my harmonic analysis to this song, i'll tell you(cause i love to analyse harmonics of musics that cause feelings unconscious...)^^^^
Elderberry
Yay, there are actually more people that like the Hagaren Songs than I thought! laugh.gif (It seemed like everyone was too busy fussing over how it "didn't sound like Ed...")

Haha, go ahead and post your "harmonic analysis" if you want. laugh.gif I haven't read any articles analyzinng music scales and stuff since Ayumi Hamasaki...
Vx Tao Ren xV
Yay! Finally there are lyrics for this song! Sankyuu!!

Oh yeah, just random note, the last line of Winry's second part, I always thought it was "Demo chotto sabishii", which would be "But I'm a bit lonely".. ::shrugs:: Ehhh... I dunno, I could be wrong, just thought I'de say it for some reason..
Quistis88
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Oct 18 2004, 01:40 PM)
P.S.: If you wanna hear my harmonic analysis to this song, i'll tell you(cause i love to analyse harmonics of musics that cause feelings unconscious...)^^^^

I would like to see it as well, Prinz. smile.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
^^ ok, folks, i'll try while i'm hearing this song[RETURNABLE MEMORIES]^^^^

First of all, this sound at the very beginning of the piece(introduction until 00:08)sounds like the "counting of seconds" of an old-fashioned big wooden and dusty clock. This shall give us a very dark atmosphere already(as you said)...

Then, when the full accords appear(at 00:08)... it's a minor accord. Minor is(as you possibly know) a sad accord.
But this accord is NOT the key in which the whole piece is written in(like A-minor, or G-Major). But it is the so called "parallel-minor-key". And this key has a very important function.(The same key(with its harmonic functions) appears in the introduction of "REWRITE")

As i said: the piece doesn't begin with the "main key" of the piece, but with the "parallel minor key" of this "main key" and this "parallel minor key"(which is in minor: that means it's sad) is lead to the "main key" at 00:14.
And this "main key" which is the original and actual key of the whole piece is a Major-accord. And Major(as you possibly know) stands for happiness.^^

That means that hopelessness is lead to salvation at the end(nice metaphor, huh?^^)

And this all is accompagnied by a very flexible bass.^^
And of course of this wonderful and powerful voice of Ed.

Yea, that is it. A shortened analysis/interpretation of the song... Hope, i could satisfy you^^
Elderberry
QUOTE(Vx Tao Ren xV @ Oct 19 2004, 11:41 PM)
Yay! Finally there are lyrics for this song! Sankyuu!!

Oh yeah, just random note, the last line of Winry's second part, I always thought it was "Demo chotto sabishii", which would be "But I'm a bit lonely".. ::shrugs:: Ehhh... I dunno, I could be wrong, just thought I'de say it for some reason..

Hmm...it might be that word instead, but when I listnened really closely it sounded more like "samishii" than "sabishii..." (Go figure... laugh.gif ) I'm either going to ask a relative to buy me the single off CD Japan for Christmas or go and buy it myself or something so I can see the actual lyrics...
chloe
Here's the lyrics for "Asu he no Basho"
now if only someone would take the trouble to translate it, that would be great... ^^;;

明日への場所
原唱:朴路美
作詞:川村サイコ/作曲:森元康介/編曲:森元康介

輝く世界がこの手に溢れ
限りない時間を抱いて
僕は進んでく

遠くから風が吹いて
流れる雲を見上げてる
振り返るなんて出来ない

記憶の中の温もり
不安に負けそうな心
脱ぎ捨ててまた歩いてく

本当は戸惑いながら
何かを探し続けた
夜明けは必ず
やってくるから

どこかで聞こえてる声が
遠く道しるべのようさ
鳴り響く鼓動が目覚めて
求めてるよ

まだ見ぬ明日を待ち続ける
冷たい風なんかじゃ
僕を止められない

輝く世界がこの手に溢れ
限りない時間を抱いて
僕は進んでく

移りゆく時は過ぎて
生まれた街の風の音
耳を澄ましても聞こえない

誰の胸にも眠ってる
情熱の灯を消さないで
燃え尽きるまでは歩いてく

本当は彷徨いながら
何かを失くし続けた
夜明けを確かに
信じていた

もしも行き着いた場所が
求めたものと違っても
また始めからやり直すさ
つかめるまで

両手をかざしてこぼれてくる
かすかな光だけが
僕ら目指す場所

まだ見ぬ明日を待ち続ける
冷たい風なんかじゃ
僕を止められない

輝く世界がこの手に溢れ
限りない時間を抱いて
僕は進んでく

両手をかざしてこぼれてくる
かすかな光だけが
僕ら目指す場所

両手を広げて
受け止める
Kokoro no Hana
Lots of squares ph34r.gif
Elderberry
Yay! Lyrics for another song! I'll try to translate that one sometime too...happy.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Kokoro no Hana @ Oct 21 2004, 10:41 AM)

It's all Japanese text. You will be able to see it if your computer has the corresponding encoding.
Prinz_Zoisit
my computer can't translate it...^^;;
Haruyasu
here is "Asu he no Basho" translated to Romaji. i used some translator i found on the net so im not sure if they are correct.

----------------------------------------------------------

kagayaku sekai gakono teni afure
kagiri nai jikan wo dai te
bokuha susun deku

tooku kara kaze ga fui te
nagare ru kumo wo miage teru
furikaeru nante dekina i

kioku no nakano atatamo ri
fuan ni make souna kokoro
nugi sute temata arui teku

hontou ha tomadoi nagara
nanika wo sagashi tsuduke ta
yoake ha kanarazu
yattekurukara

dokokade kiko eteru koe ga
tooku michi shirubenoyousa
nari hibiku kodou ga mezame te
motome teruyo

mada minu ashita wo machi tsuduke ru
tsumeta i kaze nankaja
boku wo yamera renai

bokuha susun deku

utsuri yuku toki ha sugi te
umare ta machi no kaze no oto
mimi wo suma shitemo kiko enai

dare no mune nimo nemutte ru
jounetsu no tomoshibi wo kesa naide
moe kotogotoki rumadeha arui teku

hontou ha houkou inagara
nanika wo naku shi tsuduke ta
yoake wo tashikani
shinji teita

moshimo iki tsui ta basho ga
motome tamonoto chigatte mo
mata hajime karayari naosu sa
tsukamerumade

ryoute wokazashitekoboretekuru
kasukana hikari dakega
bokura mezasu basho

mada minu ashita wo machi tsuduke ru
tsumeta i kaze nankaja
boku wo yamera renai

bokuha susun deku

ryoute wokazashitekoboretekuru
kasukana hikari dakega
bokura mezasu basho

ryoute wo hiroge te
uke yameru
Elderberry
The romanization seems more or less correct, although some of the pronounciations are different in the song...happy.gif
Kokoro no Hana
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 21 2004, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE(Kokoro no Hana @ Oct 21 2004, 10:41 AM)

It's all Japanese text. You will be able to see it if your computer has the corresponding encoding.

Yeah I know that, my dad says it's stupid of me if I install some kinda japanese thingy on my computer, because there's a possibility that it might change my whole windows to japanese.....ph34r.gif

Anyone knows if that's right?
Haruyasu
its only encoding for viewing japanese text. it wont change your computer to japanese
Hoshi
QUOTE(Haruyasu @ Oct 21 2004, 09:29 PM)
here is "Asu he no Basho" translated to Romaji. i used some translator i found on the net so im not sure if they are correct.

----------------------------------------------------------

I have a question, Where you have found this lyrics?, maybe on Fullmetal Alchemist Cosplay?
If the answer is "yes", this translation is mine.

About the "pronounciations" if seem different in the song, is because I translate without to change "ha" in "wa", or other things similar to these.

Bye Hoshi
Sycia
QUOTE(Kokoro no Hana @ Oct 22 2004, 05:36 PM)
Yeah I know that, my dad says it's stupid of me if I install some kinda japanese thingy on my computer, because there's a possibility that it might change my whole windows to japanese.....:ph34r:

Anyone knows if that's right?

It won't change the whole of your operating system to Japanese. If you install a Japanese text input, the only thing in Japanese will be that program.

Warning: if you try install any Japanese program in your English OS, there's a possiblity that everything will be in jumbled symbols coz English platforms just don't support foreign language-programs. Well, maybe except for text input for internet explorer?
hagane_no_tokage
elderberry, your by-ear romanization is pretty accurate! i have the kanji for the song, so here is the offical text and my take on the trans:

kanji/romaji

とりもどしてみせる
.........torimodoshite miseru
掴むのさ この手で
.........tsukamu no sa kono te de
微笑みと 涙の後を
.........hohoemi to namida no ato wo

わかってるその気持ち
......wakatte'ru sono kimochi
だから 心配 なんだ
.........dakara shinpai nanda
一緒だよ どんな時でも
.....isshou da yo don'na toki demo

遠くはなれていても
.........tooku hanarete ite mo
想い伝わる
.....................omoi tsutawaru
そんな気がしてるの
.........son'na ki ga shite'ru no

鋼のこころ 一人づつ
.......hagane no kokoro hitorizutsu
想う気持ちは違っても
.......omou kimochi wa chigatte mo
思いやりは確かだから
.......omoi yari wa tashika dakara
いつだって信じていれる
....itsudatte shinjite ireru

鋼のこころ 僕たちは
..........hagane no kokoro bokutachi wa
なくしたものおおいけれど
..nakushita mono ooi keredo
だからこそ強くなれる
........dakara koso tsuyoku nareru
絆 強く深いから
..............kizuna tsuyoku fukai kara

ホントはわかってるさ
.......honto wa wakatte'ru sa
お前がそばにいなきゃ
.......omae ga soba ni inakya
俺一人じゃ何も出来ない
....ore hitori ja nanimo dekinai

いつも一緒にいるよ
.........itsumo isshou ni iru yo
すべて分かち合おう
.........subete wakachiaou
喜びも 悲しみさえも
......yorokobi mo kanashimi sae mo

包んであげるいつも
........tsutsunde ageru itsumo
やさしさで
....................yasashisa de
でもちょっとさみしい
.....demo chotto samishii

鋼のこころ 流れてく
.....hagane no kokoro nagareteku
時間は残酷だけれど
........jikan wa zankoku da keredo 
重なる想い確かなら
........kasanaru omoi tashika nara
いつだって進んで行ける
..itsudatte susunde yukeru

鋼のこころ 希望さえ
.....hagane no kokoro kibou sae
失うような 運命でも
.....ushinau you na sadame demo 
一緒なら乗り越えられる
..isshou nara nori koerareru
絆 強く深いから
...........kizuna tsuyoku fukai kara

やさしさが秘めた想いが
..yasashisa ga himeta omoi ga
その力与える
.................sono chikara ataeru

鋼のこころ 一人づつ
......hagane no kokoro hitorizutsu
想う気持ちは違っても
......omou kimochi wa chigatte mo
思いやりは確かだから
......omoi yari wa tashika dakara
いつだって信じていれる
...itsudatte shinjite ireru

鋼のこころ 僕たちは
.........hagane no kokoro bokutachi wa
なくしたものおおいけれど
.nakushita mono ooi keredo
だからこそ強くなれる
.......dakara koso tsuyoku nareru
絆 強く深いから
.............kizuna tsuyoku fukai kara

translation:

i'll show you how i will take back [what's mine]
and grasp it in these hands (1)
after laughter and tears

i understand those feelings
so i'm somehow worried
but we will always be together, no matter what

even though i'm far away,
i get the feeling
that your thoughts are somehow conveyed to me

a fullmetal spirit(2), even tho
our thoughts and feelings are all different
because these feelings are all in truth
we will always believe [in each other]

a fullmetal spirit, even tho
we have all lost so many things
because of that, we can all grow stronger
and the bond between us will grow only deeper

i really do get it
i have to be by your side
if i'm on my own i just can't do a thing.

we'll always be together
we'll share everything we have
whether it be joy or sorrow

you've always shrouded me
in safety and gentleness
but it's a little bit lonesome (*)

a fullmetal spirit, the flow of time
is awfully cruel, however
these conflicting emotions are the truth
so we can always keep moving forward

a fullmetal spirit, even when
desire seems to be a lost cause
if we're together, we can overcome it

the feelings that are decided by your kindness
will give you strength...

our thoughts and feelings are all different
because these feelings are all in truth
we will always believe [in each other]

we have all lost so many things
because of that, we can all grow stronger

1: you actually had the romaji right in yours, elderberry, you just ran the wrong words together. happy.gif

2: the word "こころ" has several meanings, "heart" being only one of them... and since the manga and anime title interprets "鋼" as "fullmetal" instead of simply "steel", i thought it only proper to continue the trend. so my take on the interp was that even tho ed's name is fullmetal, all three of them have sort of this indominable spirit that binds them together...therefore the phrase "鋼のこころ"--a fullmetal spirit--could encompass all of them. maybe? seemed to make a little more sense than "heart of steel", which, you're right, elderberry, just struck me as out of place...

* just a little sidenote...i think that the song is attempting to show how the distance that is often between ed and al and winry doesn't hinder their feelings for one another... from what's being said, it seems that winry is meant to be singing her portion from another location...like rizenbul, while ed and al are out on their shenanigans. again, just the way i'm interpreting this...maybe i'm reading too much into it...

someone had pointed out that they thought they heard "sabishii" vs "samishii"...but the words are actually pretty interchangeable...they both mean almost exactly the same thing, so either one would have worked in the song... just a random useless fact.

wow, that was a really big post... ^__^;; ehh heh...gomen na... i couldn't make three columns for the song tho, it kept wrapping the text around... dry.gif

happy.gif hope maybe this helps some people out. otanoshimi nasaimase. i would be happy to post kanji/romaji/trans for the other two, but i don't want to take over elderberry's thread, so... yah... ~_~ if it's okay with you, elderberry, i'll post them, but since you did this first, i won't barge in further than i already have without your permission. ^__^;;
Elderberry
i would be happy to post kanji/romaji/trans for the other two, but i don't want to take over elderberry's thread, so... yah... ~_~ if it's okay with you, elderberry, i'll post them, but since you did this first, i won't barge in further than i already have without your permission. ^__^;;

Actually, it would be pretty nice if you could post the kanji/romaji lyrics! laugh.gif Since I haven't had enough time/patience to sit and listen through the other two songs 50 times... Maybe we could each do a translation of the same song, and then there would be two translations...happy.gif (It's always nice to have multiple sources for reference...)
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Nov 30 2004, 11:14 AM)
Actually, it would be pretty nice if you could post the kanji/romaji lyrics!   laugh.gif Since I haven't had enough time/patience to sit and listen through the other two songs 50 times... Maybe we could each do a translation of the same song, and then there would be two translations...happy.gif (It's always nice to have multiple sources for reference...)

yay! biggrin.gif that sounds like a great idea. i know what you mean, i always like to see other peoples' interpretations of songs. that's what's so fun about translating, is there is so much room for individuality in your translation, it kinda tells a little bit about the person to see how they thought the song was supposed to be interpreted. happy.gif okay, here is "RETRUNABLE MEMORIES", sinc ei thought i recalled someone mentioning it was their favorite. (i know doubleposting is frowned upon, but i'm going to make the lyrics their own post...)
hagane_no_tokage
RETURNABLE MEMORIES

燃えるような夕暮れに照らされた背中には
.............moeru you na yuugure ni terasareta senaka ni wa
冷め切った手のひらは届かない
............................samekitta te no hira wa todokanai

すくい上げ砕け散る砂の欠片なんかじゃ
................sukui age kudake chiru suna no kakera nanka ja
二人をつないだ笑顔を取り戻すことさえ出来ない
....futari wo tsunaida egao wo torimodosu koto sae dekinai

悲しみがこの胸を抉るほどの
................................kanashimi ga kono mune wo eguru hodo no
右手には 痛みさえないけれど
.............................migite ni wa itami sae nai keredo
失った温もりを忘れない
......................................ushinatta nukumori wo wasurenai
差し伸べたこの手にはきっと何か
..........................sashi nobeta kono te ni wa kitto nanika
残してみせる
.....................................................nokoshitemiseru

後悔を振り払いこの汽車に乗り込んだ
....................koukai wo furiharai kono kisha ni norikonda 
約束を果たすため 走って行く
.............................yakusoku wo hatasu tame hashitteyuku

苦しみの数だけ幸せになれるのなら
.......................kurushimi no kazu dake shiawase ni nareru no nara
俺たちは何処へ向かって何を手に入れるのだろうか
..ore tachi wa doko e mukatte nani wo te ni ireru no darou ka

どこまでも続いてく螺旋のように
.........................doko made mo tsudzuiteku rasen no you ni
逃げること出来ない道を歩いて
............................nigeru koto dekinai michi wo aruite
真実を知る罪に震えても
.....................................shinjitsu wo shiru tsumi ni furuete mo
苦しみを力にも変えてみせる
...............................kurushimi wo chikara ni mokaetemiseru
何処へ行っても
.................................................doko e itte mo

悲しみがこの胸を抉るほどの
................................kanashimi ga kono mune wo eguru hodo no
右手には 痛みさえないけれど
.............................migite ni wa itami sae nai keredo
失った温もりを忘れない
......................................ushinatta nukumori wo wasurenai
差し伸べたこの手にはきっと何か
..........................sashi nobeta kono te ni wa kitto nanika
残してみせる
.....................................................nokoshitemiseru

and the translation is here {i did it this way so elderberry can post his too, and we can compare them later. happy.gif}:
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

great song... sad, yet hopeful. pretty much just like the harmonic analasys it was given. happy.gif like you said, zoisit...hope leads to salvation... so even without knowing what all the lyrics mean, isn't it funny how you can pretty much get the meaning of a song just by how it sounds...? music is an amazing thing... biggrin.gif
Elderberry
Yay! Arigatou, hagane no tokage-san! The chorus makes so much more sense now! Don't worry, I haven't looked at your translation yet! happy.gif

I'll try to translate it today, if I have enough time. Fencing season has arrived~!! laugh.gif (Practice starts today after school~ laugh.gif laugh.gif )
hagane_no_tokage
eb you fence? kakkoi~! ♥ i always wanted to learn how to fence, it looks like such a graceful and rhythmic sport. but i never had much luck with weapons... i took kendo for about 6 months before realizing...my arms are just too bloody short to properly weild a katana... so now i do tae kwon do, which doesn't matter how long your limbs are. ufufufufu.... i look forward to see the comparisons in our translations. then we can to asu e no bashou, as well. happy.gif
Des
Oh, SQUEE! *_* I love Returnable Memories! Thank you, translator lord!
Elderberry
OK! I've finally finished my version of the translation! laugh.gif Fencing is so time consuming...Since we started practicing, I've barely had enough time on mosts days to finish all my homework... unsure.gif And my legs have been really sore for the past week...They didn't hurt at all last year...Why is this? (Ah...it must be the aging effects of stress... >_<)

Thank you so much, hagane_no_tokage-san!! It was so much easier translating this time with the kanji lyrics you provided! (If I didn't have them for reference, I don't think I would have been able to come close to translating 'Returnable Memories...') Dakaratte, Arigatou Gozaimashita! laugh.gif *bows*

So, here's my version...It's probably not as good as the one you've already posted (there were a few lines I had a hard time translating into stuff that actually made sense, so some lines are probably really inaccurate...), but it's nice having more than one translation anyway... happy.gif I love how they have all these little references to Al...

I guess it should be OK to post this one without the spoilers, but since yours is in the spoiler tags, I'll do the same! laugh.gif

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

In that case, I will now proceed to go and read hagane_no_tokage-san's translation...I will most likely return by tomorrow to post words of praise...(Hopefully someone else will have made some sort of reply, so it won't look like I'm double-posting... happy.gif)

Sore dewa, let's start translating 'Asu e no Basho' soon, too! (That one seems less complex than 'Returnable Memories...' happy.gif)
hagane_no_tokage
they were pretty similar, actually. happy.gif if i may, i did notice one small mistake you made, when translating "nokoshite miseru"...

残す= nokosu = strand or leave behind

失くす= nakusu = lose or bereave of

an easy error to make. other than that, the translations were actually almost the same, save for wording liberties.

shall we do a dual asu e no basho posting as well? biggrin.gif this is fun, i can't wait till the roy cd comes out and there is more to translate. it's great practice.
tessa
anyone call tell me where to download Returnable Memories and Hagane No Kokoro ? smile.gif
Elderberry
Ahahah... laugh.gif I think I meant to say something like "leave behind," but the transliterating stuff got in the way... dry.gif

-!! Aahh! Does this mean that I've become the physical embodyment of innacurate translations that I personally vowed to burn at stake?! blink.gif Nooo~ (I can't afford to die yet...)

Well, I still think your version was better, hagane_no_tokage-san. happy.gif And, as far as I can tell, you get the credit for being the first person to translate 'Returnable Memories.' Omedetou Gozaimasu~! laugh.gif (*pulls one of those confetti cone thingy's that seems to exist only in Japan...*) laugh.gif

Yay! Let's work on 'Asu no Basho!' Since fencing started I seem to have been sapped of all my spare time, but I'll try anyway! It should hopefully be translated within a week...I hope...happy.gif
blueices
what's the track list for this cd?
I've downloaded Returnable memories (very very good) but I can't find the other ones.
Any hints as to where to go?
Thanks

Ahh! Nevermind, I found them. (after some hunting)

Sits back in great expectation of the translation to Asu no Basho
Elric
i have the exact translations(i think) to most of the openings and endings if you want them...
anime lyrics
they r on this site if you want them... biggrin.gif hope i was of some use smile.gif
hagane_no_tokage
ack! animelyrics posted the lyrics i submitted for hagane no kokoro, but they screwed up! they left out one of the verses, so now it's all cockeyed! T_T hidoi!
Quistis88
You submitted it? Thank you, I was singing along to that today. biggrin.gif I've been singing to a bunch of other FMA songs, too. Maybe if I can find a file hosting site I could record myself and share. laugh.gif
hagane_no_tokage
yup! biggrin.gif any lyrics you see submitted by 'hikari-sama'...that'sa me! happy.gif glad to help. i love translating lyrics, so why not share the fun with other fans? that's what i figure. i've submitted prolly around 15 or 20 translations... not all of them are up, sailor bacon has gotten real behind with submissions it, seems, so lately they've only been posting requests or brand-new stuff. i did up a trans of like...5 detective conan songs in one nighht, and that was like three months ago...and they still haven't posted them... but i submitted hagane no kokoro less than two weeks ago... blink.gif *shrug* meh...

and if you record yourself, please do share, i'd love to hear my queen sing! XD do you go to cons much? heh, you can almost always find yours truly in the karaoke room hogging the mic.
Elderberry
...Are? Wasn't it "Asu e no basho"? (I guess it doesn't make that much difference, but that's what Ed sings in the song... happy.gif)

And if anyone posts any karaoke clips, please inform me, too! laugh.gif (I would love to sing a lot of Hagaren songs, but my voice is too high for most of them... dry.gif )
Prinz_Zoisit
wow!!!!!! Thank you very much, ELDERBERRY and HAGANE for the translation of returnable memories..

this sons is one of the most melancholic song i ever heard...^^^^

DOMO ARIGATOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Dec 21 2004, 11:06 AM)
...Are?  Wasn't it "Asu e no basho"?  (I guess it doesn't make that much difference, but that's what Ed sings in the song... happy.gif)

i know, i saw that too... meh, someone beat me to that one, and they screwed it up... dry.gif typical...

and prinz, you are very welcome. biggrin.gif it was fun!

so, elderberry, shall we give these guys a *real* translation of asu e no bashou...instead of subjecting them to that obvious amateur's work? wink.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 21 2004, 03:21 AM)
and if you record yourself, please do share, i'd love to hear my queen sing!  XD  do you go to cons much?  heh, you can almost always find yours truly in the karaoke room hogging the mic.

I want to hear you sing, too! ^.^ And I've only really been to one con, and that's the only one I'll ever be going to, I think. There's no karaoke there though, otherwise, I'd sign up. But I usually sing songs from Final Fantasy, back in high school, and everyone thought I was Japanese when I didn't even know what the heck I was singing.

Ed's song are at the perfect range, I suppose. Not too high, not too low. And the Roy songs are so hard to sing! I've only tried the 2nd and 3rd tracks, and for the 2nd one, I actually have to sing an octave higher, because Roy goes too low. *sobs*

And Prinz, I loved your little harmonic analysis!

EDIT: Attachment removed! Go check the Karaoke thread in General Music!
hagane_no_tokage
*rubs hands together* oOoOoh!!! i wanna hear quistis-sama sing!! XD *downloads* i will listen to this once my roommate goes to bed...he already things i'm insane, lord knows what he will think if he hears me listening to people i barely know from an internet forum sing in japanese... O_O

my parents have a mic on the computer at their house, i will record myself singing maybe this thursday when i go there to pick up my sister. biggrin.gif i'm strictly second soprano, tho, so i have trouble hitting those roy notes, too... even tho his songs are a little cheesy, i adore his voice. it's so rich and throaty, it's super sexy, even on a corny song. XD

quis, do i recall you saying you live in canada? i work for an airline, so if you want some help coming to a con sometime, just say so and i will see what strings i can pull. happy.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 21 2004, 09:13 PM)
my parents have a mic on the computer at their house, i will record myself singing maybe this thursday when i go there to pick up my sister.  biggrin.gif  i'm strictly second soprano, tho, so i have trouble hitting those roy notes, too...  even tho his songs are a little cheesy, i adore his voice.  it's so rich and throaty, it's super sexy, even on a corny song.  XD

quis, do i recall you saying you live in canada?  i work for an airline, so if you want some help coming to a con sometime, just say so and i will see what strings i can pull.  happy.gif

Yes! Record yourself ASAP! biggrin.gif You're 2nd soprano, eh? That's awesome! I remember that I always had to sing 2nd soprano back in choir because no one else could do it. Did you know that 2nd soprano is often one of the hardest parts to sing? Be proud of yourself! biggrin.gif

And I love Roy's voice, too. *sighs contently*

You work for an airline? ohmy.gif Which one? I would love it if you could tug those strings. laugh.gif
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 21 2004, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 21 2004, 09:13 PM)
my parents have a mic on the computer at their house, i will record myself singing maybe this thursday when i go there to pick up my sister.  biggrin.gif  i'm strictly second soprano, tho, so i have trouble hitting those roy notes, too...  even tho his songs are a little cheesy, i adore his voice.  it's so rich and throaty, it's super sexy, even on a corny song.  XD

quis, do i recall you saying you live in canada?  i work for an airline, so if you want some help coming to a con sometime, just say so and i will see what strings i can pull.  happy.gif

Yes! Record yourself ASAP! biggrin.gif You're 2nd soprano, eh? That's awesome! I remember that I always had to sing 2nd soprano back in choir because no one else could do it. Did you know that 2nd soprano is often one of the hardest parts to sing? Be proud of yourself! biggrin.gif

And I love Roy's voice, too. *sighs contently*

You work for an airline? ohmy.gif Which one? I would love it if you could tug those strings. laugh.gif

*puffs out chest* yup, i was a second soprano in HS, sang in the all female choir...second highest honor choir in the school. *does little happy dance* go me! biggrin.gif sometimes i sang with the 1st sopranos, but i liked to irritate the teacher, so sometimes i sang the alto line, or whatever...just to make her mad. heh, it was fun. i got tired of always singing the melody...like when i was in junior high, there were only 4 voice parts to the choir...soprano, alto, tenor, bass...so i always learned the melody and it was boring. i was so happy when i got a harmony part in HS. it was so fun. my sister is in choir now, too, and she also sings 2nd soprano...so since she is singing some of the songs i sang in HS, she sings the harmony part and i still remember the melody and we do duets. it's so fun to have a musical family. biggrin.gif we sang 'harmonia' a capella at a karaoke contest at a con last month, everyone went nuts, it was so awesome.

i'll have to figure out how to use the mic, but i will definitely try to record myself. heh, any requests? i have LOTS of karaoke tracks... happy.gif

and i work for untied--er...i mean UNITED airlines (tho sometimes 'untied' seems more appropriate...)... we have lots of flights between canada and chicago, and canada and seattle, too, i think... if you're interested, my sis and i will be going to ACEN in chicago in may 2005, you're welcome to tag along. happy.gif i can loan you some of my standby passes that are usually pretty cheap (i will have to do a little research to see about how much it would be...) and you could meet us at o'hare. just something to think about...i know it'd be kinda weird meeting up with people you really don't know... but lemme know if you are interested and i will see what i can do. biggrin.gif i can't believe you've only ever been to *one* con, that's so sad! T_T

*flails* this one shall help her queen go to more conventions!!!! T________T

EDIT: ohmy.gif quis! omigod, you have an awesome voice!!! dude, you rock! okay, that does it, you HAVE to come to ACEN and we HAVE to take over the karaoke room and show those rookies how it's done!! XD your pronunciation sounded fine to me, but more than that, you have a really beautiful voice! *applauds* i'm impressed!
Quistis88
I wish I had a musical family. I'm the first musician to emerge from the family, and it's so . . . lonely. sad.gif

I know what you mean about switching parts though. biggrin.gif I also have an alto-soprano range (and I do descant if the part exists), but I never change it around to irritate the choir director or anything. She actually springs the switches on me at the last minute (she tells me that I'm "flexible"), so I'm now accustomed to memorizing and learning new parts at a fast pace. And don't tell her, but I never practiced. ph34r.gif

Yes, do get your mic working soon! And I'd love to go to a con with you and your sister! Though I don't know how that would work out.

Has your roommate gone to bed yet? laugh.gif
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 21 2004, 10:50 PM)
I wish I had a musical family.  I'm the first musician to emerge from the family, and it's so . . . lonely.  sad.gif

Yes, do get your mic working soon!  And I'd love to go to a con with you and your sister!  Though I don't know how that would work out.

Has your roommate gone to bed yet?  laugh.gif

yah, my mom never sang much (but she used to play guitar really well, and my dad is about as artistic as a gym sock, so he wouldn't know how to sing if his life depended on it... but my sis and i are real big into singing...jpop and anime themes in particular. biggrin.gif

and if you want to come to the con, i'm sure we can coordinate something pretty easily... i don't want to spam up the thread, but if you wanna discuss some stuff, i have an AIM (kudoufish) and yahoo messenger (ren_neechan) account i'd love to try and make some plans thru. happy.gif aaah, it'd be so much fun!!

heh, yah, actually, my roommate just went to bed, so i downloaded and listened to your track... i had posted an edit to the previous post...but i'll say it again, you are a really good singer! *applauds* okay, so what should i sing for my forum debut? XD
Quistis88
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 21 2004, 10:55 PM)
yah, my mom never sang much (but she used to play guitar really well, and my dad is about as artistic as a gym sock, so he wouldn't know how to sing if his life depended on it...  but my sis and i are real big into singing...jpop and anime themes in particular.  biggrin.gif

and if you want to come to the con, i'm sure we can coordinate something pretty easily...  i don't want to spam up the thread, but if you wanna discuss some stuff, i have an AIM and yahoo messenger account i'd love to try and make some plans thru.  happy.gif  aaah, it'd be so much fun!!

heh, yah, actually, my roommate just went to bed, so i downloaded and listened to your track...  i had posted an edit to the previous post...but i'll say it again, you are a really good singer!  *applauds* okay, so what should i sing for my forum debut?  XD

I love your gym sock analogy!!! laugh.gif I want to hear you and your sister sing a duet. tongue.gif I'll try to remember to add you to my AIM list. I actually don't really use it, so . . .

You think I sounded good? O__O I was actually thinking of redoing that recording or something, because I sound really bad without warming up, but I only had a limited time (I only sing when there's no one around). But thanks though. *hugs* I can't wait for YOUR recording. Hee. And I'd love to attack the cons and the karaoke room with you two. tongue.gif
hagane_no_tokage
yay! *dances* if you're up for it, give a try at hopping on AIM and let's see if we can't work something out! i'd love it if you could come, the more the merrier! XD all three of us could sing and just blow everybody away with our vocal awesomeness! woohoo!

and yeah, i thought you sounded great. i like the quality of your voice, it's very soft and velvety. 'i will' was a good choice to bring out your vocal talent. me, i do better with bouncy, genki songs...i love singing 'kesenai tsumi', and i'm learning the lyrics for 'ryuusei' from naruto, those are more the style that fits my voice best. happy.gif heh, i'm loud and ostentacious...even when i sing... happy.gif;;

if my sister doesn't chicken out on me, i'll try and get her to do a round of 'harmonia' with me to record, and post that, too... but i can't do anything till thursday or friday, cuz i work till then. heh, i'll practice in the meantime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.