Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video Clips...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Technical Support & Questions
darker_element
I'm trying to make a movie on windows movie maker, but I have absolutely no idea how to get useable clips... Please help! sad.gif

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I didn't know where to put it...)
asunder
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jun 20 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]414123[/snapback]
I'm trying to make a movie on windows movie maker, but I have absolutely no idea how to get useable clips... Please help! sad.gif

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I didn't know where to put it...)

Buy the dvds

or use a tv tuner to get video when they play it on the tv.

All other answers are towards illegal materials. biggrin.gif

darker_element
What do I do with the DVDs? I have them but what do I do with them? unsure.gif
asunder
if you have the dvds you can look for info on doom9.org... you're basically looking for a conversion guide from dvd-> wmv (since you're using windows movie maker)...Note the link on the left....guides...... I'd use the x-vid format though for my video encoder (it might be hard for you to do so if you have no clue what's going on)

darker_element
blink.gif What does all that mean?

laugh.gif I guess this won't be as easy as I thought it would be... by the way, when I choose to save the movie to a disk, do I need a DVD? or a CD?

Thanks for putting up with me, asu! smile.gif
asunder
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jun 23 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]415271[/snapback]

blink.gif What does all that mean?

laugh.gif I guess this won't be as easy as I thought it would be... by the way, when I choose to save the movie to a disk, do I need a DVD? or a CD?

Thanks for putting up with me, asu! smile.gif

Well essentially...if you have the video on the dvd you want to rip that part out and convert it to a compressed video format (so that it's less than 200 megs per ep)

the doom9 link has step by step guides showing you how to do that.

Which part are you referring to as "save movie to disk" ? Are you asking about an option in windows movie maker? or is it part of one of the guides?

darker_element
I'm saying when I'm all done and don't want it taking up so much space on my computer, do I save it as a video file on a DVD or a CD?
asunder
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jun 23 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]415297[/snapback]

I'm saying when I'm all done and don't want it taking up so much space on my computer, do I save it as a video file on a DVD or a CD?

ahh well you can burn it on to either a dvd or a cd.

First you need either a drive that supports CD or DVD writing. Your music video will be/ should be only quite small...consider that a high quality anime ep of 24 minutes will be ~200 megs. So the length and quality (and compression) of your video file will affect the quality. Everything said, a cd will suffice.

Then you can use one of many burning software (Nero, Sonic, i think even windows has it's own cd writing software)

The other thing actually is if you want it to be a video cd versus a data cd....

data cd - can view it on any computer
video cd - can view it on any computer plus some dvd and vcd players (aka on a tv!)...

darker_element
Okay, here's the entire story:

I just finished this 5 minute long movie on movie maker and tried to save it on disk so I could delete all the files that are making my computer freeze...And it won't save on CD-R...So, I take it I should try DVD-R?

When I try to save to a CD, a message pops up saying that either my source files aren't there, the save location isn't there or the movie's too big for the disk... But my source files are there and the disk says it has more than enough room, so I must be saving to the wrong thing right? huh.gif
asunder
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jun 24 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]415738[/snapback]

blink.gif Well, I just finished this 5 minute long movie on movie maker and tried to save it on disk so I could delete all the files that are making my computer freeze...And it won't save on CD-R...So, I take it I should try DVD-R?

When I try to save, a message pops up saying that either my source files aren't there, the save location isn't there or the movie's too big for the disk... But my source files are there and the disk says it has more than enough room, so I must be saving to the wrong thing right? huh.gif

1) do you have a drive that burns cds?
2) Which program are you using to burn
3) Try a new blank cd-r
darker_element

1) do you have a drive that burns cds?
2) Which program are you using to burn
3) Try a new blank cd-r

Thanks for trying to help me, asu! happy.gif

1: Yep.
2: Windows Movie Maker
3: I did, it's still coming up the same error message.

I'll check my source files again, but I'm pretty sure they're all where they're suppose to be...
asunder
Hrm save on to your harddrive first,

then use a seperate program to burn off that file.
darker_element
wink.gif Nope. I've tried that too. The movie's just too big to save anywhere on my computer. That's why I'm trying to get it on disk.

Does that mean you've never had any problems saving a movie from windows movie maker on a CD-R? dry.gif Ugh...back to the drawing board...or the local wal-mart for a DVD-R...
asunder
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jun 24 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]415861[/snapback]

wink.gif Nope. I've tried that too. The movie's just too big to save anywhere on my computer. That's why I'm trying to get it on disk.

Does that mean you've never had any problems saving a movie from windows movie maker on a CD-R? dry.gif Ugh...back to the drawing board...or the local wal-mart for a DVD-R...

How big is this file???

o___O

try burning something else ( NOT using windows movie maker) in order to free up some space for your movie.
darker_element
sleep.gif *sigh* Lemme see... It says: Estimated space required: 38.77 MB. That's not so bad right? But I have all the pics I used for a 4 minute song saved on the same computer. Would that make such a huge difference?
The problem is, I can't take them off or the movie won't find the source files... GRR! When I try to save it to the computer, the disk space available is 20.03 MB...What do you suggest?
asunder
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jun 24 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]415871[/snapback]

sleep.gif *sigh* Lemme see... It says: Estimated space required: 38.77 MB. That's not so bad right? But I have all the pics I used for a 4 minute song saved on the same computer. Would that make such a huge difference?
The problem is, I can't take them off or the movie won't find the source files... GRR! When I try to save it to the computer, the disk space available is 20.03 MB...What do you suggest?

having 20 megs free total is very bad You end up using no/very little virtual memory...as a result your computer is probably slow......(having to constantly clear the ram/page cache)

how fast is your internet connection?

using some sites like http://www.megaupload.com/ or http://www.rapidshare.de/ you can upload other files . delete them from your harddrive and then save the file....

38 megs is so tiny...

another potential solution is to use a gmail account and upload zip files (10 meg limit ) and email it to the same account.

3 iterations of this should do the trick. that and it isn't shared to the general public like the other sites....

if you want a gmail account just pm me.
darker_element

having 20 megs free total is very bad You end up using no/very little virtual memory...as a result your computer is probably slow......(having to constantly clear the ram/page cache)

how fast is your internet connection?

Oh, it's pretty good...It's not like I can zip instantly to the page, but it's not slow. That's the free disk space for my entire computer? Really?! That's impossible....

using some sites like http://www.megaupload.com/ or http://www.rapidshare.de/ you can upload other files . delete them from your harddrive and then save the file....

38 megs is so tiny...

How would I upload it? It's not even saved as a video file yet...

asunder
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jun 24 2006, 10:33 PM) [snapback]415876[/snapback]

How would I upload it? It's not even saved as a video file yet...

not that file nor the source files.....

I was thinking any other files you might have?
So that you can upload it, make sure you can download it again and then delete it from your harddrive
darker_element
laugh.gif You won't believe me when I tell you this...

I deleted a few sample files (like you said!!) and....I saved it and burned it to the CD!!

laugh.gif Thank you for helping me, asu! laugh.gif

But you know what? I think my computers screwy. That was the only video I had ever tried to make and save! Grr...Next time I'm just gonna throw the thing out the window...

smile.gif Thanks again for helping me!! Yaaay!

By the way, do you know what I can do about bad video quality? If you don't that's okay, I'm happy anyway!
FMA4ever
This helped me too! I was always wondering how I was gonna make a music video. And I did already have the DVD's. So thanks! biggrin.gif

darker_element: Do you have you music video on youtube? Cause I would love to see it!
darker_element
FMA4ever:I'm glad someone beside me got some help from all this!

sad.gif Sadly no. I was thinking about getting a youtube account when I got better at making movies...

FMA4ever
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jul 6 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]419309[/snapback]

FMA4ever:I'm glad someone beside me got some help from all this!

sad.gif Sadly no. I was thinking about getting a youtube account when I got better at making movies...

You should get a youtube account if you don't already have one. happy.gif
Oh, but there is one thing I'm worried about still. huh.gif Will my DVD's get ruined by doing any of this? I'm afraid it will.
Popogeejo
Unless you burn some infomation onto the disc it should be fine. All it's doing is copying whats on the disc...I think.
darker_element
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 6 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]419390[/snapback]

Unless you burn some infomation onto the disc it should be fine. All it's doing is copying whats on the disc...I think.

biggrin.gif Sounds very convincing, popogeejo.

I'm kinda scared to download the programs doom9.net offers... sad.gif I wonder if there's any other way to do this?
FMA4ever
Okay, but I still think I would much rather get clips from a site. Anyone know where I could? I own the DVD's 1-10 so far but I really, really, REALLY don't want to screw up and accidently ruin my DVD's. unsure.gif
darker_element
QUOTE(FMA4ever @ Jul 6 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]419411[/snapback]

Okay, but I still think I would much rather get clips from a site. Anyone know where I could? I own the DVD's 1-10 so far but I really, really, REALLY don't want to screw up and accidently ruin my DVD's. unsure.gif

Yeah. I agree. Does anyone have a site or something? I really don't want to screw up and crash the only internet connection I have...

^-^FMA4ever: Have you done a slideshow AMV or something? (That's what I was working on, though I wish I could make a really good AMV...) If you have, where can I find it?
Popogeejo
Could try some of the torrent sites but that could be worse. I cna't post links so don't ask, just hope someone PMs you them.
asunder
QUOTE(FMA4ever @ Jul 6 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]419385[/snapback]

Oh, but there is one thing I'm worried about still. huh.gif Will my DVD's get ruined by doing any of this? I'm afraid it will.

No they won't. (as popo has already told you)

Plus you'll end up making a better video in my opinion.

Since you'll be able to have a high quality source AND be able to keep that quality consistent.

If you download a bunch of random clips some might be worse quality than the others and in the final video the transitions between these clips won't be smooth.
That being said ...don't ask where to get clips/episodes/popo's panties.
FMA4ever
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jul 6 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]419414[/snapback]

Yeah. I agree. Does anyone have a site or something? I really don't want to screw up and crash the only internet connection I have...

^-^FMA4ever: Have you done a slideshow AMV or something? (That's what I was working on, though I wish I could make a really good AMV...) If you have, where can I find it?

I'm working on a few slideshow AMV's and when I'm done I'll put them up on youtube.com
my name there is blackrose13531
Right now I on'y have video's of my puppies! happy.gif If you want to find my name look up my video called Tinker and Jasmine
What's your name and youtube?
darker_element
QUOTE(FMA4ever @ Jul 7 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]419606[/snapback]

I'm working on a few slideshow AMV's and when I'm done I'll put them up on youtube.com
Right now I on'y have video's of my puppies! happy.gif If you want to find my name look up my video called Tinker and Jasmine

Don't have one yet. But looking forward to your finished slideshows!

I finished my first one, but it suffers from bad video quality...Any chance you know how to fix it?
FMA4ever
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jul 7 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]419618[/snapback]

QUOTE(FMA4ever @ Jul 7 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]419606[/snapback]

Don't have one yet. But looking forward to your finished slideshows!

I finished my first one, but it suffers from bad video quality...Any chance you know how to fix it?

I'm not sure.... sad.gif Sorry. Is it bad cause your pictures are blurry?
darker_element
smile.gif Nope. I made sure all my pics were perfect. I'm a type of perfectionist when it comes to Fullmetal Alchemist things... unsure.gif lol
FMA4ever
QUOTE(darker_element @ Jul 8 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]419922[/snapback]

smile.gif Nope. I made sure all my pics were perfect. I'm a type of perfectionist when it comes to Fullmetal Alchemist things... unsure.gif lol

Oh yeah I know what you mean! happy.gif But I'm sorry. I don't know how to help sad.gif
asunder
QUOTE(FMA4ever @ Jul 8 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]419926[/snapback]

QUOTE(darker_element @ Jul 8 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]419922[/snapback]

Oh yeah I know what you mean! happy.gif But I'm sorry. I don't know how to help sad.gif

learning encoding is difficult...but all the guides to make a highquality rip of a dvd are listed in the links i've previously posted in this thread.
darker_element
learning encoding is difficult...but all the guides to make a highquality rip of a dvd are listed in the links i've previously posted in this thread.

It explains DVDs. How do I fix it when I used pictures? unsure.gif When I play it back off my computer I have to make the screen tiny and then I can't see the words...

I still have it on WMM if you can help. smile.gif
FMA4ever

Hey! I finally prefected one of my slideshows! happy.gif It can be found here:
Fullmetal Alchemist October AMV
Enjoy! biggrin.gif

I've got a question again.....I have the DVD's but Window Movie Maker won't take VOB form and that's what the DVD's are in. The form should be avi or wab.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.