Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad Fma Drawing!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
FullMetalAlchemistFan01
IPB Image

It is very bad isn't it? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Bolt
blink.gif no, no it's not that bad dry.gif
FullMetalAlchemistFan01
QUOTE(Bolt @ Jun 17 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]413075[/snapback]

Are you sure? *Hides* Don't kill me. I am a wimp.

Al maybe better.
Popogeejo
Ed looks really happy but I'd work on the chin next time. Also try using the Fill tool (looks like a bucket of piant) for colouring.
FullMetalAlchemistFan01
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jun 17 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]413085[/snapback]

Ed looks really happy but I'd work on the chin next time. Also try using the Fill tool (looks like a bucket of piant) for colouring.

Thanks for the tip!

Okay I made Al so if you want to see him here is the picture IPB Image
Ailuro
QUOTE(Bolt @ Jun 17 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]413075[/snapback]

Are you blind?
FullMetalAlchemistFan01
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jun 17 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]413106[/snapback]

QUOTE(Bolt @ Jun 17 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]413075[/snapback]

Are you blind?

Thanks for thinking the same thing I did.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemistFan01 @ Jun 17 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]413095[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip!

Ok...No thats rather poor. Sorry but it is. Use a refrence picture when doing this stuff. Don't just go from memory as it'll just go wrong.
FullMetalAlchemistFan01
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jun 17 2006, 01:53 PM) [snapback]413120[/snapback]

QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemistFan01 @ Jun 17 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]413095[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip!

Ok...No thats rather poor. Sorry but it is. Use a refrence picture when doing this stuff. Don't just go from memory as it'll just go wrong.

I didn't
Carnal Malefactor
...it looks like something from 12 Ounce Mouse.

...which is not a good thing.

How about you take some classes before you show off your artwork?
Popogeejo
I didn't

Draw from memory? (then thats even worse),
Use a refrence pic? (then please do next time smile.gif )
Shoot JR? (Will you even get the reffrence?)

What didn't you do?
Ice Blizzard
They both look like puke on a piece of paper
PUKE
For Pete's sakes, has everybody turned into a drawing Nazi here? You could offer some criticism but not say something as unhelpful and childish sounding like Ice Blizzard's.

@ FullmetalAlchemistFan01 - Anyway, as for me I think you could use some more improvement. Try first traditional drawing (pencil and paper) because digital drawing may be a bit difficult for beginners.
FullMetal Shrimp
The problem, FullMetalAlchemistFan01, is that I see no effort. If you put some effort into it I'm sure it could be at least 250% better than it is. When it comes to art, just have some patience, and starting out, drawing from some sort of source would be helpful. And carefully study the details, and put it down on the art. Do this enough and you can do it from the top of your head.

I mean, the picture looks like you just scribbled it and called it artwork and made a topic for it. And it looks like for the face you just used the line feature and made unproportional lines and called it a face. But, yeah, I definetely think you need a lot more practice and some effort. Nice try, though.
Packy
Aw, come on people! It's kinda good for digi art if someone a beginner... You should've seen me when I first started out o_o A little tip though FullMetalAlchemistFan01. Try doing what PUKE suggested by doing traditional, then get Photoshop 7.0 or better and touch it up in there smile.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
w0ah. um, no comment....swy.
Migchao
Wow, pretty nice to start off with! Except I do not think that you can handle digital art yet, so please try to use a pencil and paper before you begin with digital and it will be easy for you. Not many people can really take digital before a pencil and paper, so a pencil and paper will give you a headstart.

FullMetalShrimp is right. The problem that I see is that you show little to no effort. You just made a scribble for Ed's hair, used the tool to create a line and drew a fanart of Dexter from Dexter's Lab went to call it art. Try to put in a little bit more effort.

No matter what, be confident in your art! Be proud that you could draw a character though it may not be good! If I find art I hate I think about all of the good things about it then, "Hey...it's not so bad after all!" I see that the good thing is because you are better than me when I began digital you did pretty well for a beginner! And being confident in your art means slaughter all of the ones who dare to taunt you in your art to just ignore who does make fun of your art. I'll have a talk with Ice Blizzard.

Ice Blizzard Ay, madre mia, estupido, you try doing digital. If you are so good at it, then you can just post it up on here.
Dova
I don't have any experience in commenting on anyone's work in this forum, but I do have some idea on art. I suggest practicing with the papers, first, instead of barging into the digital business. It may take awhile, but they do have some really nice guides to drawing an anime and a manga on the web. Judging by my common sense, your lines are trembling along the edge of the characters. I have no idea about your dexterity in handling your mouse, but you should seriously practice moving your mouse from one place to another, or you can just buy a pen tablet.

I can not say anything good about your drawings at this point, but I see your eagerness and effort by posting a topic like this. Practice, Practice, and Practice. If you can't, it would be better for you to post those drawings more and more, because they are pretty entertaining.
kagomekitty
hey look on the bright side... you draw better than my brother. wayyy better!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.