Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrono Crusade
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Uirumusu
Chrono Crusade (クロノ クルセイド Kurono Kuruseido?) first aired on Fuji TV in Japan on November 23, 2003 and ran for 24 episodes until its conclusion on June 10, 2004.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: The year is 1928 A.D. The place is New York, U.S.A. The economic prosperity brought forth after the Great War also heightened the presence of something far darker and much more sinister: the demonic Sinners. The Magdalene Order is an organization that tries to counter this force. Two of its exorcists are Rosette Christopher and her assistant, Chrono. Both appear out of place in an organization like this, and they are in a quest to find Rosette's missing brother, Joshua. Their relationships, secrets and fates can only be revealed in time...

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
Themes: demons, girls with guns, historical, religion, sad, tragedy
Episodes: 24
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------

anyone else watched it before? the first few eps are bit average but it gets alot better as it goes along, everyone I know who watched it cried at the ending (including myself)
MJHermi
I did. But I think we're on opposite sides here. I loved the beginning episodes, but the ending wasn't as satisfying for me as I hoped it would - i.e. it didn't spark any emotion from me, which is weird, because I usually like these kinds of endings. I don't know why the ending for this one didn't effect me much. Oh well. It was still good in the long run. I guess it could have just been better.
Fullmetal Elric
haven't seen it but i have heard of it but don't know anyone who watched it..is it on dvd or still in japan?
Maliza
damn, I cried a river in the end. Not only because of
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

but also they gave us a feeling that everything we watched, everything that happened was useless (the jump in the time). Thats why I didn't like it very much.
Quistis88
I saw it, too. It didn't quite impact me as much as it probably should have. The animation is nice though, and the voice acting was above average. Religions themes were woven nicely into the plot.
Kokoro no Hana
I only watched the first episode but I like it so far smile.gif
Uirumusu
yeah Maliza, but for some reason that made me like it more, cause sometimes I tend to have extreme emotional issues for suffering and life's surrounding and recently got out of councelling and stuff but that series just almost knew how I felt and displayed it all, I loved it.

to Kokoro no Hana: you won't be disappointed happy.gif
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
lol is it chrono crusade or chrno crusade?

and where can i get the whoe series? online or do i have to EH!?!? buy it......

how long is it? can u tell me these things!!
Beowulf
It's liscenced and like...26 episodes? And it's Chrno Crusade. (I think they did this because of those Chrono games, to avoid a lawsuit or something...)
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
o ok thank u lol ~!
xrninja
yeah, i cried buckets at the end.
Uirumusu
it's not Chrono Crusade, it's Chrno Crusade

and it has 24 episodes total

it's licensed but I got subs off a friend who's had them for a while

EDIT: and yeah xrninja,
Chibi Viki
i actually watched this series well before MJHermi did, and as I remember, i showed it to her first. i loved chrno and Rosette's relationship. but, i got bored with it when i started to fall in love with FMA to the point of obsession. even until now, i haven't watched the ending yet, the cd of which is already gathering dust.
Tama
i also started to watch chrno but then my bro said that i should see FMA. i managed to watch both of them at the same time. i loved the whole series, but the ending was pretty sad
Chibi Viki
i was surprised that Satella's VA is actually Michiko Neya... Hawkeye's VA.
Uirumusu
you should really watch the ending of Chrno Crusade, it's one of the best endings, and I did that too kinda, my friend told me about FMA and yadayadayada, but I didn't watch FMA until I finished Chrno Crusade, and it took me 2 days to finish Chrno Crusade, speaking of which I have to finish Scryed now.

EDIT: btw, Ed's VA is the same as Temari's from Naruto, but since you're all as big of freaks as me you probably already knew that
heretic
well, from all you've said about this anime, i don't think i will watch it. I saw an article in a french magazine (animeland) about chrno crusade and it looked really cool, but i don't really like anime with really sad endings. thats just me rolleyes.gif

when i buy a book or watch a movie i usually like it to be have a happy ending, i was really disapointed by the end of evangelion. I just get really depressed when there is a sad ending... sad.gif
Uirumusu
Sad endings are the best endings, but that's IMO.
They make more sense and express more feeling
prayer
I didn't cry . Cause the death of them are too sudden . So I don;t really understand the ending . But it is a great anime .
Major Armstrong
This is true. Sad endings are one of the best. But it really sucks that everyone in the picture had to die except Azumaria.
Chibi Viki
azmaria... should've died with them, hehehehe.... now then, her history states that everyone around her dies, i guess she kept her record going.
Zaien
hey my names Zaien and Chrono Crusade is one of my favys in anime of coarse yes it used to be one of my favorites but well any way I've downloaded all of the episodes too wub.gif also I cried like a little babby and so well WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA tear WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA more tears WAAAAAAAAAAAA
wacko.gif wow too much crying
Uirumusu
dammit ppl, at least use spoiler boxes ^^'
Tamago
Chrono Crusade is such an awsome anime! biggrin.gif I think Chrono's hot!^_^ Anyway, my sister & I have up 2 vook 2 and the 3rd DVD.
Kihaku
I quit watching this after some time... I really tried to get into it, but couldn't. Also I was watching so many other things and it didn't seem worth it. I loathed Rosette. I suppose she'd be the reason why I didn't like it that much. I liked the themes and the animation... Now that ending is making me feel a little tempted...
DarkWarrior
I really liked this anime. But I almost cried in the end.. especially of rosette's reaction to death.
Tamago
I HATE Azmaria for all I'm worth! She just so totally sucks! She's all girly & STUPID!! ARAGH!!!!! mad.gif Anyway, I'd have to say my favorit charictor is Joshua, or maby Chrono...Aion? blink.gif
Celestial Shadow
You mean there's a thread for this and I didn't even know it? -_-;
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ May 24 2005, 09:07 PM)
You mean there's a thread for this and I didn't even know it? sleep.gif;

That's why the search tool is useful ^^ and I am going to watch Eps. 4 and 5 when I get home, woot!
Celestial Shadow
Yay for you...*Has just remembered her DVD comes in today* Aah I gotta go pick it up @.@
Elderberry
I've never seen this anime, but it sounds really interesting and my friend said it was awsome...I should watch it sometime...happy.gif;;
Slashrose1010
I just saw one of Celes-chon's favorite, episode 4. I liked the fight scene OK, and the Larejie or whatever his name is seems really sedistic. The one thing I really don't like about this anime is that they have to give a name to absolutely everything! I mean, like Contractors, Gospel, Apostles and all these other titles >.< It is hard to take in and pretty unecessary.
Celestial Shadow
That's why you should have the DVD, so you can watch Az's Extra Classes. They teach you more in depth about the anime and about the stuff things in the anime come from.

By the way, it was mostly one of my favorite episodes because Rosette releases Chrno's seal for the first time. *Droolz*
animejunkie429800
damn the anime. i think the manga's way better. [spoiler] well, chrno doesn't die, rossette doesn't work as Aion's slave, and, Joshua's returned.[/spoiler]
that's all for now! wink.gif
The RZA
is this series any good
FMAlover^
It seems the anime is not so bad.Perhaps I should catch it on Tv tonight tongue.gif
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! I love it!
Haru-San
i love this anime series, as shown by my siggie and avy, it is so awesome, so is the manga
FMAlover^
I like your siggy!Too bad for me , I'll be missing 2 episodes due to my camping =.=|||. BTW, is it 24 episodes long?
Shizuka85
I haven't seen Chrono Crusade yet, but I really want to get it for Christmas.
Smoke Alchemist
After reading this thread i want to see the ending. I tried my best not to read the spoilers.
mei_tenshi
Have a box of tissues ready.
FMAlover^
Hmmm...Is there only 24 episodes?Because the Tv is showing the 23rd today...I can't really concentrate on watchng cuz most of the time i am eating.I didn't cry when.[spoiler]Satella died...I think she is brave to sacrifice her life to stop her sister from harming others.[/spoiler]
mei_tenshi
Yes, there's only 24. You must watch the last episode!
DustStorm
I like the manga better, but I think the anime was cool. I wish Chrno Crusade had more than 24 episodes. sad.gif
Sin Of Envy
I like this anime, and I have seen some episodes but I didn't know for ending ohmy.gif CHRONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MasterKris
Personally, I think the anime ruined the manga with all its stinkin' fanservice, fillers, AND RELIGION MOCKERY PERHAPS??????? Dude, the manga is wayyyyyyy better. Espacially the ending.

Though I like the music in CC~
InsaneFangirl
Wow, I was crushed by the ending.

[spoiler] It affected me more then animes usually do. Rosette's reaction to dying after she seemed ready the whole time, and the fact that Joshua didn't even remember her. The first time I've ever cried that hard for anime. I think. [/spoiler]
Kasumi_lvgd
Joshua's ending reminded me a lot the Al's ending in FMA xD

Another reason of why I love Chrno Crusade ^^

And I really want to read the manga. The anime ending was insanely sad ;_;
InsaneFangirl
QUOTE(Kasumi_lvgd @ Aug 14 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]432710[/snapback]

Joshua's ending reminded me a lot the Al's ending in FMA xD

Woah! O_O I was thinking the exact same thing. XD; I thought I was the only one.
Mudkipblader
Is it too late to jump in?
5 minutes ago I finished the series. I really liked it, but somehow I exspected more of the ending. I can't really say why.
AIR and FMA touched me more, although I almost cried when Satella died.

I thought that Chrno looked a bit like Ray from Beyblade and Joshua like Alphonse Heiderich (at least in the beginning) blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.