Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA Profiles Book-1 (English Version Of FMA Perfect Guide)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Wyrd_Raven
Just got my hands on the Fullmetal Alchemist Profiles book (aka Fullmetal Alchemist Perfect Guide) and so far it looks lovely. All the omake appear to be there (as showing seen in the omake thread) along with full color pages on the front for the poll and a travelogue map showing the places the Elrics have been from volume 1-7 (except for Lior) There is also a bonus manga at the end, "the Blind Alchemist."

So pick it up! It's 14.99 and it's a nice addition for your collection.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Jun 3 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]405657[/snapback]

Just got my hands on the Fullmetal Alchemist Profiles book (aka Fullmetal Alchemist Perfect Guide) and so far it looks lovely. All the omake appear to be there (as showing seen in the omake thread) along with full color pages on the front for the poll and a travelogue map showing the places the Elrics have been from volume 1-7 (except for Lior) There is also a bonus manga at the end, "the Blind Alchemist."

So pick it up! It's 14.99 and it's a nice addition for your collection.

Out already? No way I can pass this up. Thanks for the info; I thought we still had a few weeks before the English debut. Nice when they get things out the door early.
Lucrezia
I'm gonna have to get that biggrin.gif
Ücälypse
I'd rather spend ten more dollars and buy

Ed's State Alchemist pocket watch...
Wyrd_Raven
The store where I work, Borders, had copies out already. Since there really is no hold on manga to be released on the set street date it works out sometimes. I was really worried about this one too. I had started to see multiple dates for "FMA Profile" books popping up.
Nil-chan
its @ borders? *goes to force her dad to let her drive there* i'll definatly have to go get it! Thanks for the info! *squeals*
Nepharski
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Jun 4 2006, 03:10 PM) [snapback]405967[/snapback]

The store where I work, Borders, had copies out already. Since there really is no hold on manga to be released on the set street date it works out sometimes. I was really worried about this one too. I had started to see multiple dates for "FMA Profile" books popping up.

On Viz's site, it said mid-June, but on another site it said Novemeber. Regardless, it's nice to know it exists. I'll track it down when I can find the time.
Wyrd_Raven
I also saw a date for August. The thing is there may be more than one guide coming out was there one for the anime as well? I don't remember.
Tombow
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Jun 4 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]405967[/snapback]

Whoa!! I had impression that it's coming out in mid June!! Thanks for the info!! biggrin.gif
Wyrd_Raven
It does say mid-June at alot of places. The thing is that I don't think Viz has black listing power against releases prior to street date that other companies do. FMA and other manga will sometimes come out one to two early whereas novel series like Harry Potter will be so insured to have a simultaneuos street release date as they will KILL YOU if you sell it early. Then again company size also factors in this. Viz and Tokyopop are often early for their release in big stores like Borders whereas manga series published by ADVfilms or Dark Horse seem to take FOREVER to come to the shelves, sometimes coming to the little guys prior to the big guys. This is my experience however and may change based on your situations.
MonsterEnvy
Awesome! I always wondered what the 'Blind Alchemist' gaiden was from... but I haven't bought any manga in way too long. With two FMA volumes and the Perfect Guide, it seems that I must go this weekend.
Hyugafalcon
There's a quiz in there... and I got Winry. I forced my friends to take it, and most people didn't really like the results. Especially the people who got Al because they thought he was a scary robot.
Nepharski
Every time you call Al a robot, Bradley kills a Chimera. Please...think of the loyal subordinates.

I need to rant here. I've checked just about every bookstore within my area, and none of them have Vol. 8 or the Profiles book. Now, not having Vol. 8 is understandable, as it came out much faster than everyone thought it would, but Profiles came out a while back, and by now it's definitely passed it previously projected welcoming gate. So my question is "What gives?" Need I scour Amazon.com? I probably will, but I shouldn't have to.

Ranting done.
tinlunlau
i'll pass...

bought my copy months ago in chinese. have been looking for the chinese edition of vol. 2. gotta call that store and see if they have it.
Nil-chan
I had the same problem. None of the stores i chacked had the perfect guide.. itt was depressing. But i ordered it online, and i just got it. happy.gif i had always wanted to read 'The Blind Alchemist'... it made me sad.

Ooh, for the quiz, i got Roy. happy.gif
MonsterEnvy
I was Ed... what fun. I found it amusing that if you chose that you would rather be reincarnated as a woman, you could be Envy. huh.

It was strange how the Englsih translation never called them homunculi, but instead 'ouroboros.' It was also interesting how they said that 'Scar stops at the second stage, deconstruction' which implies that he could continue, if he so chose. Perhaps the 'Terra' tattoo doesn't only deconstruct, but has another purpose?
catalyste
i would love to think that Scar is saving something special for Kimbley.
AA battery
QUOTE(Ücälypse @ Jun 4 2006, 06:53 AM) [snapback]405849[/snapback]

I'd rather spend ten more dollars and buy

Ed's State Alchemist pocket watch...

and that state alchemist pocket watch, you can get it for $5 US in Hong Kong, perhaps even cheaper in China. (and it's fake. The real watch is a LOT more expensive than just $25 US.... Unless Viz was releasing it too and I wasn't aware of that XDDD)
Nepharski
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Jun 27 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]417224[/snapback]

I was Ed... what fun.

I was Scar.

*Evil leer.*
CutEowyn
Wyrd Raven, do you leave in America? Where did you get this guide? Damn I've bought it in march on Amazon and I haven't't get it yet, I hope I will receive this soon...
Nepharski
QUOTE(CutEowyn @ Jul 14 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]421811[/snapback]

Wyrd Raven, do you leave in America? Where did you get this guide? Damn I've bought it in march on Amazon and I haven't't get it yet, I hope I will receive this soon...

Hmm, must be a screw up somewhere. I bought Profiles via Amazon as well, and it arrived a week later with volume 8.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(CutEowyn @ Jul 14 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]421811[/snapback]

Yes I live in America. I got it through work, (Borders Books and Music). I didn't do any order service, our store's order shipment arrived. If you did go through amazon you may want to cancel the order and reorder it.
Lietunant Hawkeye
Wyrd_Raven

What Borders do you work at?I mean like where is it at?
Lietunant Hawkeye
Where can you find it because i can't find it anywhere?
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Lietunant Hawkeye @ Jul 17 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]422775[/snapback]

Where can you find it because i can't find it anywhere?

They are available, if push comes to shove go to your book store peeps and order it.
Colette
I got Alphonse in the quiz o.o

*Makes a mental note to avoid Nepharski*
The Great Asparagus
Why hello everyone!! I have a question!! *smile*

... how exactly does this quiz thing work? (how do u even take it? what's with the numbers?) i really don't understand. i feel like an idiot, but really, i don't get it!! ahhh *sobsob* i'm sorry i'm so incompetent!! anyways, some lovely kind help would be deeply appreciated. =]

oh by the way, upon reading this fma profiles book thing, "people who can only measure the success of their lives through money are pathetic" has become my favorite quote, yay.
Nepharski
QUOTE(The Great Asparagus @ Jul 18 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]423091[/snapback]

Why hello everyone!! I have a question!! *smile*

... how exactly does this quiz thing work? (how do u even take it? what's with the numbers?) i really don't understand. i feel like an idiot, but really, i don't get it!! ahhh *sobsob* i'm sorry i'm so incompetent!! anyways, some lovely kind help would be deeply appreciated. =]

oh by the way, upon reading this fma profiles book thing, "people who can only measure the success of their lives through money are pathetic" has become my favorite quote, yay.

Depending on how you answer the question, yes or no, it directs you to another question. You're not supposed to go down the list. It's like one of those choose-your-own-adventure books. Understand?

To nod approvinging, turn to Page 23.
To blink obliviously, turn to Page 7.
To shake your head, turn to Page 42.
Kirara
I got Scar too, although I don't identify myself with Scar when I read the description I realized I did have some similarities with that character...scary. biggrin.gif

Although I found it funny that the only negative quality they came up with for Ed was that he was a picky eater. laugh.gif
Colette
The creepy guy they mentioned in th Guide Book...I don't think that's Pride. (We see him again in Chapter 56, too) Personally, I think he's tracking the homunculi or something. (Since almost every time we see him, he's near a homunculus...
darker_element
For the quiz I thought I'd come out Winry or Scar, but I came out Ed. How did that happen?

I found the Profile book on accident. I was checking through the manga aisle to see if the 1st novel was there, (the actual books you know?) and there on the shelf was volume 8 and the Profiles book! Which I thought weren't coming out in another month!! Thank you Barnes and Noble!

biggrin.gif That day, I was so happy I spent 40 dollars on manga. biggrin.gif
Nil-chan
Borders didn't have it, so i had to get mine online. Does anyone have any idea when the second one is coming out?
Kirara
Totally off topic but I love your icon Summoner Colette. Hooray for Al/Mei fans. laugh.gif
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Nil-chan @ Jul 19 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]423447[/snapback]

Borders didn't have it, so i had to get mine online. Does anyone have any idea when the second one is coming out?

It depends on two things: when it was released in the Japanese run and the success of the book in the states.
Becca-chan
On the topic of the FMA - Profiles book, I know I managed to buy a copy of it for my sis off of Amazon.co.uk, I think you can get it pretty cheap O.o

I know when I took the quiz it resulted in me being Izumi, that kind of took me by surprise ^^;

And my little sis got Roy, LOL and since she's a fan of him, you can imagine how happy she was happy.gif

dahomunculi
heh, I got, it and I luv it! I got Scar in the test too- well, at least I didn't get Armstrong!
experiment#84 : lab 5
I got Al on the quiz yay!
Amare
I got Ed ^^... guess that's good, yay I've got picky eating habits.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Amare @ Aug 8 2006, 12:16 AM) [snapback]429978[/snapback]

I got Ed ^^... guess that's good, yay I've got picky eating habits.

But Ed doesn't have picky eating habits... I've just been reading the "milk" part of the manga (Volume 4), and he says that he eats everything but the milk.

The fact he happens to dislike one thing, doesn't make him a picky eater (I wish I disliked only one thing and could enjoy the rest)... from what's been shown and said, I'd rather say it's the opposite.

Sorry for the mini-rant, it's just that, as I said, I just read that part of the manga and your post called my attention. smile.gif
Kirara
But Ed doesn't have picky eating habits... I've just been reading the "milk" part of the manga (Volume 4), and he says that he eats everything but the milk.

This is actually how the profile book described Ed in the Quiz section. “Picky Eater” was Ed’s only negative quality. But I agree I wouldn’t call Ed a picky eater. A better negative quality might have been short temper. biggrin.gif
Colette
QUOTE(Nil-chan @ Jul 19 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]423447[/snapback]

Probably not for a while. Like the Second Artbook, I think they'll wait a while before releasing it because it would spoil a lot of things, considering how we're only on Volume 8.

QUOTE(Kirara @ Jul 19 2006, 07:20 PM) [snapback]423455[/snapback]

Totally off topic but I love your icon Summoner Colette. Hooray for Al/Mei fans. laugh.gif

Thank you tongue.gif
Culinary_Alchemist
I cannot wait until i get ou to a book store, before the english book i picked up the second vol. in Japanese at Anime Boston, and the i wanted to die when i saw that it was comming out (well...out) wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
amrayn

I know you are all talking about the first Perfect Guide, but if some are interested by the PG2 in English, I put the whole here : here it is, and I am happy to be over with it ...
Tombow
Oh!! Those are great!!
Thank you, amrayn!! biggrin.gif
BladexAlchemist
The Profile guide book is cool! lol, it's truly something worth buying. Not bad. lol *wants to get it soon*
Jayfeather
~ Fullmetal Alchemist Anime Profiles Book, o.O Two different covers!? ~

I really want to get the Fullmetal Alchemist Anime Profiles book, considering how much I really love the Artwork of the anime!

Only one problem!

Even on Amazon, and on Chapters, the cover of the Profiles book is the SAME as the Manga one!

Different names, same cover? sleep.gif

This is a problem, because if I order it, well since the covers look the same, will I even get the right book? I asked once when I was in a store and they had it in their computer system, however it was the manga one not the anime one!

If you search it up on Chapters, both the Manga and the Anime Profile books have the same cover.

The actual cover is this;

Amazon before had the wrong cover, now it has the right one.

Anyone else notice this? It's driving me mad! Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but since I'm off to the bookstore tomorrow for another book as well, I thought I'd ask about this one. I am hoping if I order it, it will give me the correct book!
Naivete
First one is for manga, second one for anime. I think. If you like the anime work, then I suggest you buy the second one, as it actually says "Anime Profiles". The first one is also supposedly done by Hiromu Arakawa (manga artist). You do the math.
Jayfeather
Thank you, but you've misunderstood me. I will buy the one that says (order more like) Fullmetal Alchemsit Anime Profiles, but when you search it up in the store or on Chapters, but copies have the SAME cover, which is the manga. So in Chapters, the Anime one has the same cover as the manga one, just with the different name. I'll have to see which one I get when I order. ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.