Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warn Level?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Technical Support & Questions
-+maboroshi+-
I get this 'warn level' display right below my member statistics and I don't know why it is there. If my memory proves to be correct, it has been there since I joined the forums and I'd like to know what it's actually there for? No other members seem to have it. unsure.gif

^____^;;

<Moving the thread from "technical Support" sub-forum to "Comments and Questions" sub-forum. 05/21/07 ~Tombow>
Omakase Shimasu
It's a personal warning system of sorts, meant for your eyes only. smile.gif If you do something that warrants a warning, the staff (I think it's the staff, or is it administrators only?) can raise your level. When the entire bar is filled you get banned.

So, always obey the rules and nothing bad will happen. biggrin.gif
RolfKaese
I see all of them whahaha ^^
Omakase Shimasu
So unfair, IMHO. tongue.gif And you also hold the almighty power to raise the warning level, right?
RolfKaese
yepp.
Omakase Shimasu
Note to self: do nothing to piss off Rolfie or Viki. biggrin.gif
RolfKaese
laugh.gif nah, i wont use moderator things for conflicts i have with members... so just critizice me, its okay ^^ everyone makes mistakes ;>
Omakase Shimasu
Aaa~aah, glad to hear! biggrin.gif Because I just booted you off the Kase thread.
-+maboroshi+-
That's weird. I've had the "warn level" there since the very moment I joined (even with 0 posts) and I'm pretty certain that I didn't violate the rules. *sweatdrop*
Ahhh wait. I'm beginning to understand this "warn level" system...Omakase Shimasu, do you mean that every registered member has it but each individual can only see their own? (And the moderators see everyone's?)

I'm so dense. ^___^;;
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif As long as it still has 0% next to the red bar you're safe. Rolfie can check for you, if you don't know what I'm talking about. smile.gif I don't think you've got a warning yet though.

EDIT: yes, that's it. smile.gif Don't worry about it too much though. I didn't understand either when I first joined. biggrin.gif It's all about "learning in the process". And any member's willing to help out if you have any more questions. wink.gif Never be afraid to ask.
-+maboroshi+-
The guest post above was made by me. I logged out to check if my intepretation was right. ^__^;;;;

EDIT: Thank you, Omakase Shimasu. I get it now. =)
Omakase Shimasu
No problem. Glad I could help. smile.gif
Chibi Viki
it warns you if you're about to be banned from the forums. moderators raise it whenever you misbehave or break rules.

ahehe, don't worry though... strict as it may sound, we're pretty laid back here and no one's been banned so far.
RolfKaese
not yet... harharhar ^^
Gashole
Cool! In other forums we'd be banned if the mods have a personal dislike toward us. rolleyes.gif

And also if we idle-talked instead of making "deep" posts. cool.gif
Omakase Shimasu
"Deep" posts... If that was the case, I'd be long gone. laugh.gif
Quistis88
We can't be deep ALL the time, now can we? biggrin.gif

Ahh, it must be cool to be a mod or admin, what with the special super powers and all! You guys are our superhero(in)es!
Chibi Viki
ahehehe... yeah... especially w/ access to the site staff discussion forums :,3

Cool! In other forums we'd be banned if the mods have a personal dislike toward us. 

And also if we idle-talked instead of making "deep" posts. 

well, this forum wouldn't be as much fun if we only post "deep" posts now will it?

*nudges rolfie* (we started it, didn't we? the idle talk over post, i mean ^^;; )
RolfKaese
huh? what? oh, THAT... *cough* looks like it *blushes* :,3
Chibi Viki
hehehe, yeah that... we turned the first royxriza thread into our own chatroom, didn't we? LOL laugh.gif
Omakase Shimasu
You guys really set a great example. tongue.gif (I should mean that, but I think it's more fun as a joke)
Lust
>_> Personally, I like XMB's warning system better. But, I'm not using this warning system so I'll live with it happy.gif;

Yeah, some forums just go off the wire with warnings. x_x' *weeps* I miss The World BBS :[

Then again... if the moderators arent strict enough, it becomes spam city and that'll probably turn away alot of members. So putting warnings out SOMETIMES could be right.
Aqua_Alchemist
Then again... if the moderators arent strict enough, it becomes spam city and that'll probably turn away alot of members. So putting warnings out SOMETIMES could be right.

Yeah but eveyone is nice here.....right. *Remembers the fulmetal51 incident*
Omakase Shimasu
Fullmetal51 incident. Meh, must've been before my time. tongue.gif
Blahblah
hm..What was the incident?
Omakase Shimasu
I'm wondering too. biggrin.gif Please tell us?
Chibi Viki
what fulmetal51 incident?
Blahblah
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Oct 8 2004, 03:41 AM)
what fulmetal51 incident?

ahhh, maybe they are pulling our legs? T.T
Aqua_Alchemist
It was some idiot, who said he had watched all of FMA, and had all the DVDs. Consequently he was flamed repeatedly (I can't remember who), and then started flaming back, and lying how he had 30 seconds to live. It was quite funny, but also shows a darker side of the forums tongue.gif.

BTW his name might've been fullmetal31, but I can't seem to find him in the database.
Lust
Hey, it comes with having a forum with over 1000 members. You cant escape it.
Chibi Viki
aaaah! i remember him... yeah, no one could really believe the guy. and until now, i still don't. (come'on, ep 51 production finished only recently, this happened even before dante was introduced, that's how long ago it was!)

oh, i also remember this member who posted his comment on how fma should just be like dragonball z and w/o the confusing plots... then another guy in the same thread posted a racist thread and almost everyone dissed these 2 people...
RolfKaese
every forum has it's retards.. ^^U
Chibi Viki
that thread reached 40+ pages worth of flame, spam, and whatnots... i don't think the one who started the thread even replied to defend himself... especially the racist guy.
Blahblah
Ah, so thats what happened, at least the forums aren't like that today then ^^
Gashole
I wouldn't be so sure. Most threads today consist of semi-flames. tongue.gif
Chibi Viki
well, can't be helped... everyone tries to be an expert on fma in one way or the other...

but only a few, especially those topics on fma episodes and explanations.
Omakase Shimasu
Oh, I heard about him before. And yeah, that was before my time. tongue.gif Guess he got banned for good?
RolfKaese
nah, as we said , no one has been banned so far.
Omakase Shimasu
Oh... hmm, than his disappearance will always remain a mystery. ph34r.gif
Gashole
Maybe he just wanted to cause an uprising.
Blahblah
QUOTE(Gashole @ Oct 10 2004, 12:38 AM)
Maybe he just wanted to cause an uprising.

Good thing he failed then
FullMetal Shrimp
Uh, I was wondering if there was any way to get your Warn Level back to a lower percentage if you have gotten one. Because seeing the Warn thing all the time makes me think I've done something really bad... mellow.gif
asunder
QUOTE(FullMetal Shrimp @ May 2 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]389665[/snapback]

Uh, I was wondering if there was any way to get your Warn Level back to a lower percentage if you have gotten one. Because seeing the Warn thing all the time makes me think I've done something really bad... mellow.gif

the warning thing doesn't really mean much so I wouldn't worry about it.
It basically keeps a history of who warned you and for what reasons.
So if you're a repeat offender the mods can look at your history and ban you.

It's like a police record...but for forums...it doesn't really matter, so stop worrying.
RebelCrazy

i need a alot of help i am new

what are those blocks mean on the side of name mine says citzen
Popogeejo
It has no meaning atall, it just a post count type thing. It doesn't do anything else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.