Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Episode 43, Winry And Sciezka Are Very Quick To Judge Roy
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
windxalchemist
<Editing the thread title from "Why Judge Roy? A lot of people like to judge Roy, they don't look deeper within." to "In episode 43, Winry and Sciezka are very quick to judge Roy, Why people are quick to judge Roy?"because large part of this thread's discussion is about Episode 43, and moving from FMA Character discussion forum to FMA American Audience sub-forum where all episode related character discussions are being collected currently. 02/25/07 ~Tombow>

Okay, this was random, but it's been bugging me forever....

In episode forty-three, Winry and Sciezka are very quick to judge Roy. And personally that's cruel. They don't know anything about him personally, and yet, because of their own grudges, they hold it against them. Winry and Sciezka aren't the only ones, Ed, and pretty much everyone else who doesn't know him thinks of him lowly (minus the women/fangirls tongue.gif).

Why????
asunder
QUOTE(windxalchemist @ May 31 2006, 02:27 AM) [snapback]403784[/snapback]

Okay, this was random, but it's been bugging me forever....

In episode forty-three, Winry and Sciezka are very quick to judge Roy. And personally that's cruel. They don't know anything about him personally, and yet, because of their own grudges, they hold it against them. Winry and Sciezka aren't the only ones, Ed, and pretty much everyone else who doesn't know him thinks of him lowly (minus the women/fangirls tongue.gif).

Why????

actions speak louder than words.

If I remember correctly,

[spoiler]
roy killed winry's parents. That action alone makes him detestable. Think if it was your parents, wouldn't you be as quick to judge?
[/spoiler]

55th_animalalchemist
I think Asu is rigth, But Sciezka doesn`t know about that. And she still judging Roy without knowing .
_Jelly
'Cuz the creators of the anime suck? Anyway, after all it WAS Roy who [spoiler] killed Winrys parents[/spoiler] Though in the manga it was [spoiler]Scar[/spoiler] Thats not the point.

And yeah, asu's right, if someone killed someone you loved, would you judge them like that? I know i would. laugh.gif

But [ my point of view ] I dont liek Schezka. What a cow...she luvs judging Roy. I think its also because [spoiler]she knew Hughes well and was shocked to found that Roy didnt (show that he) care(d) when he died.[/spoiler]Roy didnt show it, but he still cared...I just know it...
Tombow
QUOTE(Jelly_Belly @ May 31 2006, 04:42 AM) [snapback]403807[/snapback]

But [ my point of view ] I dont liek Schezka. What a cow...she luvs judging Roy. I think its also because [spoiler]she knew Hughes well and was shocked to found that Roy didnt (show that he) care(d) when he died.[/spoiler]Roy didnt show it, but he still cared...I just know it...
Of cause he cared. In the end,
[spoiler]Roy avanged Houghes's death[/spoiler]
But, I can't blame Scheska for getting mad at Roy for (seemed) not caring for Houghes's death.
And, of course can't blame Winry!!
_Jelly
I nver said he did. tongue.gif

But...how did he [spoiler]avenge Hughes? You mean by killing a Homunclus?[/spoiler]
Tombow
^^ Yap. That one. biggrin.gif

I think, in general, Roy got high goals and caring for subordinates and friends, and all that "good" stuff inside him, but outside he is camouflaging himself with "caring ony for promotion" and skirt chasing, and all that bad stuff, and that's making him an easy target to be judged?? unsure.gif
FullmetalRaptor
Ed's dislike of Mustang: He taunts him, teastes him, implies that he'll have Al locked up for study, with holds information from them, andkeeps taps on him. I'd hate him, too.

Winry's case: In the anime, he killed her perants, and we're talking about the anime here.

Scheska: He seemed uncaring at Hughes' funeral.

Roy does not make friends and allies easily. This is made abundantly clear in both the anime and the manga. Most people just don't like him, because either of having the torture of having to have had worked with him, his attitude, or the fact that he definitely puts on th air of someone who only wants a promotion.

Hell, I didn't like at first, and he's still far from being my favorite character.
_Jelly
In the Ishbalian war it didnt seem that way...but if you say so. In the anime, Ed doesnt judge Roy liek he does in the anime like "I really hate that bastard...", sure, Roy didnt tell Ed about Hughes, dont have to hate him and call him a bastard...stupid Edowado... biggrin.gif I cant imagine Ed really saying that, they're more liek friends in the manga. Same with Aru, but Aru's friends with everyone! (not really, but you know what I mean)

>Tombow
On the outside, Roy looks liek way..I must say...people seem to think he's only after promotions and...skirts. Says Schezka. And says me, but on the inside, he's nothing liek that (i reckon...)
MeLRizA
^^ I agree with Tombow & Jelly_Belly

QUOTE(FullmetalRaptor @ May 31 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]403824[/snapback]

Roy does not make friends and allies easily. This is made abundantly clear in both the anime and the manga. Most people just don't like him, because either of having the torture of having to have had worked with him, his attitude, or the fact that he definitely puts on th air of someone who only wants a promotion.

Sorry, I hope you won't mind me for quoting but I have a reason to voice out unsure.gif

From what I understand Roy's character in the manga/series, he is someone who doesn't easily show his emotions except to Riza Hawkeye. Since he's not a major character (or just say his role swelled through the story), there's little proof of him showing his full character.

Yes, Winry and Sheska aren't close to Roy and thus there's a reason for them to judge him negatively. In the end, I guess Sheska won't judge him as negatively as before since she knows that, [spoiler]Roy was hospitalised in episode 51 and before that, he did gave her a hint that he would avenge Hughes' death, which is by browsing his Hughes' records.[/spoiler] smile.gif

As a high-ranking military man, he does have a rather, cocky attitude. His hunger for promotions and stuffs.. clearly shows his motive that he wants to become the Fuhrer. Thus, he needs those promotions. [spoiler]In the episodes, Roy's reason for a promotion was to change way Amestris runs, basically to stop the war, this is a promise he made to Hughes. In the manga, his reason was quite the same, but I think he made this promise to Riza[/spoiler] IMPOV, being a high-ranking military officer you won't expect him to show or lose control of his emotions in front of everyone right? It would be inappropriate(sp?)!

Deep down inside, Roy is a man with good heart. He does cares for everyone but he doesn't show it. This may be because he's bounded by the fact that he's a military officer whom had been sent to Ishbal war and became a #1 murderer hero out there.. He does cares for everyone, especially Riza.. There are lots of hints but I guess everyone knows it.. wink.gif

EDIT : FullmetalRaptor, I really hope you don't mind. After all, I'm "counter-attacking" your view and I understand some people may not like it. Anyway, everyone do have their own rights to voice out their view.. Once again, I'm so sorry sad.gif I hope its alright with you..
windxalchemist
Yeah. I get why Winry judges him. We would all be quick to judge too. But thinking about it rationally, there wouldn't be a reason for someone who is sane, to go and kill a random pair of doctors. Especially in Roy's POV. It was orders, but I guess Win doesn't know that, right?

Yeah. Sciezka was really hard to judge. I get a reason why she would, and that she was sorta close to Hughes and his family, but still, that's a little harsh.

His reputation is all a game, don't you think? To lead away attachments to him. He really has an issue with caring for himself. He's living his life for other people, and he always puts others' lives before his own. So, he couldn't live with himself if others got too close to him and was dragged down by his goals.

-windxalchemist-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.