Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Theory On Envy's Fate...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2
TheVileOne
Spoilers to the final episode:

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
What the heck did your friend smoke? O_________o , Envy is a character of an anime , an invented story ,not based on true facts.
Quistis88
It does seem plausible in an anime context though. Just because the FMA world might not exist didn't stop them from coming into "our world".
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 5 2004, 05:42 AM)
What the heck did your friend smoke? O_________o , Envy is a character of an anime  , an invented story ,not based on true facts.

Its meant to be within the context of the world of the series you silly sot. Y'see what what we have to put up with? These dumbass unregistered baka guests.

On the other side of the gate in FMA is the "real world" or the world that we live in today.
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif Interesting. Now I can't wait to see how you'll draw Ed into all of this. Assuming he's still the main character in your little brain-storm. smile.gif
Queen of the dammed
Envy-nessie... intresting..
Sycia
lol, your friend thought exactly like me. (points to other post where she mentioned Nessie)
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif I know. (you know what they say, "great minds think alike" and all smile.gif) If didn't know better I would've thought he'd stolen the idea. tongue.gif
Torx
I love how Hohenheim asks Ed if he's considering talking to Einstein. That cracked me up.

But yeah Envy... You think it's possible he could even get through the gate? He can't perform alchemy so the little dudes inside the gate don't give a rats ass what he wants to trade. Right?
Sycia
The thing is....

... That's freaky!
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif

But, you know, I'm still wondering about something...
cirle
Maybe he was watching Dragonball.

Someone lock this topic. Retarded stoners found our forum.
Guest_Zed
<Begin PotHead Theory>
I also thought it was the lochness monster (given the time period and the locations). But two things threw me:

Now I know its just an anime, and a made-up world but if they were attempting to be factual [SPOLIER](i.e. the "two worlds") where one was ours and one was theirs[/SPOILER] then they could have at least made it another sin smile.gif

</End PotHead Theory>
Omakase Shimasu

biggrin.gif Why are we using spoiler tags again?
Torx
Because it's the most awsome tag ever. Whoever thought of it is the coolest and I want her to bare my children... if she's a girl. If he's a boy, he has breeding rights to my sister.

Sycia
Yeah, that was something I was wondering too... after all Envy isn't human at all, and the power he has comes from within. Well I guess we have to wait till the movie. If it doesn't feature him, you'll see a newspaper report on a girl who, on the movie's opening day, ramaged through Shinjuku, Tokyo's threaters screaming:

"ENVY!!~#(U*!(*$&! DOKO DAAAA(*^&!*%&^(*!^%*
(Translated: ENVY!!! WHERE ARE YOU!)*&$(!&)

and stabbing noisy passerbys with steak knives.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Sycia @ Oct 5 2004, 11:39 AM)
"ENVY!!~#(U*!(*$&! DOKO DAAAA(*^&!*%&^(*!^%*
(Translated: ENVY!!! WHERE ARE YOU!)*&$(!&)

I think you forgot to translate the wacky signs. tongue.gif

@Torx: oh, right. Completely slipped my mind about his powers. biggrin.gif;;;
Netabare
7 sins and 7 demons

1.Pride - lucifer
2.Greed - mammon
3.Lust - Asmoday、Asmodee
4.Wrath - satan
5.Gluttony - beelzebub、belzebub
6.Envy - leviathan
7.Sloth - belphegor

leviathan

IPB Image
Torx
Lucifer = Satan = Beelzebub

Pride = Wrath = Gluttony? huh.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Hmm, yeah that's kinda... weirded out schizo. biggrin.gif;;
Kaitou-dark
is that y envy turned into a dragonish creatuere at the end.
Omakase Shimasu
Maybe. Or maybe it was just coincedence. smile.gif If you think Bones would go through the trouble to look up info about the 7 Sins and anything related to them, than the answer's yes.

We won't know for sure unless we ask Bones directly, though. Or if they actually tell why he transformed into "Leviathan" in the Movie. *__* Want movie so bad.
Guest again
A crazy guess would be that Studio Bones did want to use the image of a Dragon but they didn't want to have a trial with Studio Gibli (Sen To Chihiro) or with Toei Animation (Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball) so as a consequence, they decided to draw a Dragon without limbs so that no one will accuse them of forgery. laugh.gif

There are so many "famous" dragon in anime so they wanted to be different from the other studios laugh.gif
Hagane no Archer
my theory is that BONES just had to kill envy in the most stupid n uncool way... mad.gif
Omakase Shimasu
@Guest again: yeah, dragons are pretty popular in anime/manga. biggrin.gif Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

@Hagane no Archer: you sure that's a theory and not an opinion? smile.gif
Netabare
I don't care whether my suggestion is true or not.
but I wonder why so many people dislike this opinion.
Is there any problem if that creature ware Leviathan?

anyway, please check the image of that creature more.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Omakase Shimasu
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it. It would be cool if he Envy really did transform into Leviathan. *__* He's a creature of the element Water, right? Anything with that element's got my undevided attention. Not to mention it sounds plausible enough. biggrin.gif

*looks at second picture* ...ok, baby Leviathan looks like a.. a nevermind. I'd rather not say. biggrin.gif;;
Netabare
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 5 2004, 02:28 PM)
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it. It would be cool if he Envy really did transform into Leviathan. *__* He's a creature of the element Water, right? Anything with that element's got my undevided attention. Not to mention it sounds plausible enough. biggrin.gif

*looks at second picture* ...ok, baby Leviathan looks like a.. a nevermind. I'd rather not say. biggrin.gif;;

Thanks. I feel easy. I was worrying that there might be special reason for refusing this.
smile.gif
anyway, I don't want to persist my opinion too much.
I will appreciate more differnt point of view. laugh.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Well, I'd love to give a different view, but unfortunately I'm all out of ideas. smile.gif I'm not much of a researcher myself, so must of my ideas would turn out to be fiction anyway. laugh.gif

But than... I've still got that question about those three particular creatures. Satan, Beelzebub and Lucifer. Aren't they the same "person"? blink.gif
Vashin
Netabare> that is by far the superior theory when compared to the thought of Envy turning into the loch ness monster...

Afterall, there's a lot of Christian context used in FMA as a whole. (allusions to events, etc) So I definitely wouldn't be surprised if that was what Bones wanted to convey. Great catch, I never noticed.
Netabare
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 5 2004, 02:49 PM)
Well, I'd love to give a different view, but unfortunately I'm all out of ideas. smile.gif I'm not much of a researcher myself, so must of my ideas would turn out to be fiction anyway. laugh.gif

But than... I've still got that question about those three particular creatures. Satan, Beelzebub and Lucifer. Aren't they the same "person"? blink.gif

Yes. I know. Lucifer and Satan are "said" almost same.
Beelzebub might be deffent from both.
it's king of fly.former god who kills fly in syria.later it turned to evil of fly in Christianity.

This is the reason why I don't want to persist this opinion.
I also feel a little bit incompatibility with this. sad.gif but same as you,
It's difficult to think another reason why envy transformed to such a "Dragon-like" creature.

Netabare> that is by far the superior theory when compared to the though of Envy turning into the loch ness monster...

Thanks again. I feel easy more.. laugh.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Like that. It's more like three different versions taken from the same person. smile.gif Well, if you don't count those and only go with Leviathan. I still think it's a great idea, depsite some loose ends. (same as FMA right? Great series but still has a few loose ends that needed to be fixed up later - the Movie~) smile.gif
Netabare
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 5 2004, 03:10 PM)
Like that. It's more like three different versions taken from the same person. smile.gif Well, if you don't count those and only go with Leviathan. I still think it's a great idea, depsite some loose ends. (same as FMA right? Great series but still has a few loose ends that needed to be fixed up later - the Movie~) smile.gif

I completely agree. despite some inconsistency, FMA is keeping great.
let's enjoy the misterous/philosophical "smbolization" of this great series.
Netabare
BTW, I have another question.

Actually, at first, Envy tranformed to Edward's form. next, tranformed
to his real form (young guy looks like hohenheim). finally, he tranformed
"Leviathan" tongue.gif

I wonder why he transformed to Edward first?
Sycia
I was wondering about that as well.

Maybe he was trying to deceive those little black things into getting off him (because Ed went through the Gate semmingly unharmed before...)
Torx
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 5 2004, 02:28 PM)

ph34r.gif
Omakase Shimasu
But you also wisely keep your mouth shut about it, huh? biggrin.gif Great move.
Hagane no Archer
oh c'mon... i was expectin a deathmatch between Ed n Envy (where's all that anger and will to avenge Hughes?!) and what do i get?? Ed revives miraculously n Envy morphs into a Leviathan/DBZ Dragon/Loch Ness Monster/... WTF? GAH, anyone here going to say that it was cool?
F.K.Bradley
In Egyptian Alchemy, the serpent was a symbol of energy. In China and in Western Alchemy the serpent gained wings and became the dragon. Envy's transformation might just be a representation of Envy becoming pure energy, or it could mean that he has mastered using energy within the gate. Masters of spiritual arts, including Alchemy, were often referred to as dragons in China.(I already know Fullmetal was made in Japan, but the creator of the series obviously did some research).
Torx
Miraculously?

motoh
He became the ouroboros. The serpent/dragon that eats it's own body to survive, the tattoo on all the homunculi.
uroboros
I dont know why nobody has pointed this out

Somebody asked where envy saw the dragon before... if you look closely, that dragon is the uroboros . At least it looks like it to me, the same "spikes" around its head are drawn in the seal.

Maybe it's just me.
Virtue
Guest named uroborus, you just took that from the post above yours...man, can we make it so unreigstered peopel can't comment? >__>
Torx
QUOTE(motoh @ Oct 5 2004, 07:57 PM)
He became the ouroboros.  The serpent/dragon that eats it's own body to survive, the tattoo on all the homunculi.

EDIT: I forgot the tags. biggrin.gif
Vashin
whoops now that I think about it, the ouroboros is correct. A lot of Alchemy is based of that symbol.
nerdcore princess
i just wanted to mention the fact that envy was al's body, and since al's body was returned, wouldn't he just cease to exist or would he plop into another human body like ed did the first time he went through the gate... and the same for wrath now missing body limbs and not regenerating??? ed gained his back limbs back briefly thanks to al... however, when crossing the gate again he lost them yet again, so i would think they are back to floating around in the gate. laugh.gif

as for open-ended questions i want to know where gluttony went, and has dante finally kicked it. because an empty elevator wasn't enough for me. also the purpose for creating the philosphers stone is still out there, if you ask me this series isn't over, it's really just beginning... however, i can deal i have way to much more anime to watch in the meantime and i hope the manga goes way past this ending. my new flame of recca in my heart.
blackasknight90
*looks at second picture* ...ok, baby Leviathan looks like a.. a nevermind. I'd rather not say.

wat does he look like?
Torx
QUOTE(nerdcore princess @ Oct 5 2004, 10:46 PM)
i just wanted to mention the fact that envy was al's body, and since al's body was returned, wouldn't he just cease to exist or would he plop into another human body like ed did the first time he went through the gate... and the same for wrath now missing body limbs and not regenerating???  ed gained his back limbs back briefly thanks to al... however, when crossing the gate again he lost them yet again, so i would think they are back to floating around in the gate. laugh.gif

as for open-ended questions i want to know where gluttony went, and has dante finally kicked it.  because an empty elevator wasn't enough for me.  also the purpose for creating the philosphers stone is still out there, if you ask me this series isn't over, it's really just beginning...  however, i can deal i have way to much more anime to watch in the meantime and i hope the manga goes way past this ending.  my new flame of recca in my heart.

blink.gif heheh... you're confused.

Al's body was in the gate the whole time... just sitting in there like Ed's arm and leg except they were attached to Wrath. Ed just went to look for it and link it to his soul... and he lost his arm and leg again. One to find the body, the other to find the soul. Envy wasn't part of that trade. Somehow on the other hand, the four years of work was counted as part of the trade and so Ed, instead of forfeiting his life, was allowed to live in 'our' world.
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
Al's body was in the gate the whole time... just sitting in there like Ed's arm and leg except they were attached to Wrath. Ed just went to look for it and link it to his soul... and he lost his arm and leg again. One to find the body, the other to find the soul. Envy wasn't part of that trade. Somehow on the other hand, the four years of work was counted as part of the trade and so Ed, instead of forfeiting his life, was allowed to live in 'our' world.

i completely think thats obviously true.. i wish that ED was inn our world REALLY. like instead of just being in the anime in our world as a real human lol THAT WOULD B TIGHT!

Torx
The 'somehow' up there doesn't fit.

'Somehow' is actually why they started on their quest in the first place. To get Al's body back and to get Ed's limbs back. So Ed got his limbs back after Al's transmutation and Al got his body back after Ed's transmutation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.