Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yakitate! Japan
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Blahblah
Yakitate!! Ja-pan (焼きたて!! ジャぱん?, meaning "Freshly Baked!! Ja-pan", the "pan" also meaning "bread" in Japanese) broadcast on TV Tokyo and other local stations from October 2004 to March 2006, spanned a total of 69 episodes.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: Azuma Kazuma isn't terribly clever, but he's got a good heart and great skill - at baking. Since childhood, he's been on a quest to create the perfect bread to represent Japan internationally. Now, he seeks to enter the famous bakery Pantasia, in hopes of reaching his goal. But plots abound...

List of Characters

Genres: action, comedy, drama
Themes: cooking
Episodes: 69
Age rating: PG (mild bad language and/or bloodless violence)
(Source - ANN)

----------------------

Yay, Yakitate!! Japan will become an anime in 8 days~~! (October 12th)

hm..it is my favorite manga, and hopefully it will be my favorite anime too!

It is about a young baker's ambition to create the bread of japan and such, and although it is about bread (not that that is a bad thing), it is very funny and you should all read/watch it!

(I hope I am not alone out here.. >_>)
Fullmetal Elric
i have not seen it but the inquisition of food has captured my attention lol i'll keep my eyes and ears open biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Oooh, reminds me of this funny (perverted shonen-ai) webcomic I've read once. biggrin.gif It was also about a bakery and how a boy wanted to become a top-salesman to earn the bakery owner's affection. laugh.gif It cracked me up.

Hmmm, I have to agree with Fullmetal Elric. It seems deliciou-- very promising. And it's in the make right now? *__* Which means it's not licensed yet. Torrents~!!
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 5 2004, 04:25 AM)
Oooh, reminds me of this funny (perverted shonen-ai) webcomic I've read once. biggrin.gif It was also about a bakery and how a boy wanted to become a top-salesman to earn the bakery owner's affection. laugh.gif It cracked me up.

Hmmm, I have to agree with Fullmetal Elric. It seems deliciou-- very promising. And it's in the make right now? *__* Which means it's not licensed yet. Torrents~!!

hm..I know we aren't supposed to give links in the FMA forum area, but I am assuming we can here...so.. (even though everyone probably knows it anyway..)

SnoopyCool <-----Manga!

Yakitate!! Japan Official Home Page <-----erm..Homepage! I don't know of any sites besides that one.. maybe more will pop-up later

Yakitate!! Japan Preview <-----Preview! But they are just commercials, so I don't know if they help much, but it only took me like 2 minutes to download so..

Anyways, the manga is very VERY good, my favorite ^^

also... What is "shonen-ai?" Sorry in advance for my incompetence
wolfi1412
Yakitake Japan's cool!!! even though there's a lot of things that they... really weird expressions..
Prinz_Zoisit
wow!! blink.gif
the expressions look really phantastuic!!
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Blahblah @ Oct 6 2004, 01:51 AM)
What is "shonen-ai?"    Sorry in advance for my incompetence

ohmy.gif You know shonen-ai not?? XD I thought you would've seeing you've actually talked to me. OK, to answer your question shonen-ai = boy love. Boyxboy in anime/manga. *__*

Sweet and I'm loving it. biggrin.gif And thanks so much for the links! Gonna check.
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 7 2004, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE(Blahblah @ Oct 6 2004, 01:51 AM)
What is "shonen-ai?"    Sorry in advance for my incompetence

ohmy.gif You know shonen-ai not?? XD I thought you would've seeing you've actually talked to me. OK, to answer your question shonen-ai = boy love. Boyxboy in anime/manga. *__*

Sweet and I'm loving it. biggrin.gif And thanks so much for the links! Gonna check.

ack, sorry I asked @_@

erm, I dont Think Yakitate is that, it didnt seem like it to me, is fruits basket shonen-ai thingy?
M3i
Hmm... I read the first volume of it so far... it's interesting! I'll keep reading it biggrin.gif.
Blahblah
QUOTE(M3i @ Oct 8 2004, 12:36 AM)
Hmm... I read the first volume of it so far... it's interesting! I'll keep reading it biggrin.gif.

Only interesting? T.T
Guest_shin
it seems like a good manga so far, i will keep reading..
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Blahblah @ Oct 7 2004, 09:21 PM)
erm, I dont Think Yakitate is that, it didnt seem like it to me, is fruits basket shonen-ai thingy?

Erm, not that I know of... You've read/seen Gravitation? Or FAKE? Or D.N.Angel? The last one doesn't really center around shonen-ai though. <__< (stupid D.N.Angel, stupid stupid stupid!) Oh, or Cardcaptor Sakura? Touya and Yukito have shonen-ai together.

Um, OK given you enough examples, I guess. biggrin.gif
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 9 2004, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE(Blahblah @ Oct 7 2004, 09:21 PM)

Erm, not that I know of... You've read/seen Gravitation? Or FAKE? Or D.N.Angel? The last one doesn't really center around shonen-ai though. <__< (stupid D.N.Angel, stupid stupid stupid!) Oh, or Cardcaptor Sakura? Touya and Yukito have shonen-ai together.

Um, OK given you enough examples, I guess. biggrin.gif

Thanks! Now all that I have to do..is stay away from those animes/manga ^^

and no I havent seen any

Also, for fruits basket, it just seems that all the guys hit on each other @_@
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif I guess, but maybe it's just for the humor. XD Shonen-ai/yaoi/yuri/shoujo-ai's kind of a trend at the moment. Almost every anime/tv show needs a gay couple/person in it sometime/somwehere. smile.gif
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 10 2004, 12:22 AM)
laugh.gif I guess, but maybe it's just for the humor. XD Shonen-ai/yaoi/yuri/shoujo-ai's kind of a trend at the moment. Almost every anime/tv show needs a gay couple/person in it sometime/somwehere. smile.gif

I know what shonen-ai is now..but what is "yaoi," "yuri," and "shoujo-ai?"

Also..have you read Yakitate!! Japan yet? ^________^
Ailuro
>< Yakitate! Japan is such a cute manga. When I started reading I couldn't stop. I'm on chapter 11 now and still going. Thankyou so much for showing me this. Kazuma's so amusing. x3
xrninja
once i free up memory on my hard drive, i'm going to read it! but--hahah. hahahh. yakitate! jaPAN....pan as in bread in japanese, ahah. i was wondering why it was "japan" and not "nihon" and noticed the pun XD it seems almost hikaru no go, but....not.

anyway, yaoi is also a boy/boy relationship, but more graphic and more sex-themed. shoujo-ai is girl/girl, and yuri is a girl/girl sexual relationship. yeah, it is sort of the trend right now >___> and if the series is het, no worries, the fandom will make up the crack pairings! (pokes out eyes)
Blahblah
QUOTE(xrninja @ Oct 10 2004, 08:59 AM)
once i free up memory on my hard drive, i'm going to read it! but--hahah. hahahh. yakitate! jaPAN....pan as in bread in japanese, ahah. i was wondering why it was "japan" and not "nihon" and noticed the pun XD it seems almost hikaru no go, but....not.

anyway, yaoi is also a boy/boy relationship, but more graphic and more sex-themed. shoujo-ai is girl/girl, and yuri is a girl/girl sexual relationship. yeah, it is sort of the trend right now >___> and if the series is het, no worries, the fandom will make up the crack pairings! (pokes out eyes)

hm..well Yakitate is filled with puns, and they are all so awesome XD (Snoopycool explains most of them too..)

As for that being a trend..Yakitate!! Japan isn't any of those, so does that mean you guys wont like it? T.T
M3i
QUOTE(Blahblah @ Oct 7 2004, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE(M3i @ Oct 8 2004, 12:36 AM)

Only interesting? T.T

Sorry... I meant I like it a lot! I already got to the latest translated chapter. Definitely one of my favorites ><"
Blahblah
Yakitate!! Japan aired today in Japan (I live in America), so hopefully a subbedd episode will be out soon ^^

Behold the wonder that is bread!
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Blahblah @ Oct 10 2004, 03:31 PM)
As for that being a trend..Yakitate!! Japan isn't any of those, so does that mean you guys wont like it? T.T

laugh.gif xrninja meant yaoi/yuri/shonen-ai/shoujo-ai's a trend right now. (I don't really see it as a trend though... It's hard to explain, but really I don't think of it as following a trend >__>)

Anywayz, I finally got around to searching the scanlations, downloading them onto my harddrive and reading them. All I can say is, I'm hooked. @_@ It's a great manga and I can't wait for the series now! The first few episodes and a promo already got aired. You can find it here.

^__^ Kazuma's such a cutie. Man, I love 'em all, but Kazuma stands out as the main character. *__*
Ailuro
@_@ Thank you Kase~
ryuuko
it's such a cute anime/manga, kazuma is sooo cute~ haha love him!
i wish i could eat one of his japan!
RoyxRiza BigFan
Bread mmmm mmm Bread tongue.gif

reminds me of those great japanese tournament cooking manga *O*
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 29 2004, 12:12 AM)
@_@ Thank you Kase~

biggrin.gif Don't mention it.

Man, the only thin I don't like (or really do like if you look at it from a different POV @_@) is that it always makes me hungry. Usually I'll wanna eat bread, duh. tongue.gif
Ailuro
It makes me imagine really good tasting bread. Then I get mad at the people around me for not being able to bake delicious bread. x3
wolfi1412
Yakitake makes me wanan eat bread..

I can still remember about the reaction when the Kuroyanagi-san was tasting the salty bread or something and then he remembers about his girlfriend.. then he realized he was about to kiss the Maester.. lol..
eskarina
A friend of mine, who introduced me to Yakitate started baking bread right after reading the first three volumes or so - he only tried once though. tongue.gif
I think the anime's even worse than the manga, when watching the first episodes I so desperately wanted to eat melonpan (me favourite biggrin.gif ) I searched the net for recipes (haven't tried yet though dry.gif )
RolfKaese
Kinda dislike the voice of Tsukino... >.<;; I wished her a more girlish voice :>
Oh, and the OP Theme kicks ass, RYTHM just rules XD
and the manga... well... it's just awesome, the manga nearly never takes itself serious, and it has fanservice of course :>>
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 28 2004, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE(Blahblah @ Oct 10 2004, 03:31 PM)

laugh.gif xrninja meant yaoi/yuri/shonen-ai/shoujo-ai's a trend right now. (I don't really see it as a trend though... It's hard to explain, but really I don't think of it as following a trend >__>)

Anywayz, I finally got around to searching the scanlations, downloading them onto my harddrive and reading them. All I can say is, I'm hooked. @_@ It's a great manga and I can't wait for the series now! The first few episodes and a promo already got aired. You can find it here.

^__^ Kazuma's such a cutie. Man, I love 'em all, but Kazuma stands out as the main character. *__*

yay, she likes it! I am so happy happy.gif

Episode 3 came out today, and I also agree the voices could be better...

Go Pierrot!

HELP ME! : where can I find a free image hosting site that doesnt make my images look crappy? ^__^
Omakase Shimasu
@Rolfie: I should've known you were a fan, seeing you had Kazuma's avatar when I first "met" you. biggrin.gif I thought he was a girl at first though. @_@

@Blahblah: laugh.gif I liked it a lot - it's become an obsession. @_@ I keep close watch for both the manga scanlations and fansub episodes. Can't wait for updates. Besides, there's enough fanservice for everyone to go around. XD I never would've thought, though. Oh and not to mention Takehito Koyasu-sama does Kuroyanagi's voice~ *____* Suweet!!

@HELP ME: you could try Imageshack or Photobucket. Both work fine for me. smile.gif
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 4 2004, 01:25 PM)
@Rolfie: I should've known you were a fan, seeing you had Kazuma's avatar when I first "met" you. biggrin.gif I thought he was a girl at first though. @_@

@Blahblah: laugh.gif I liked it a lot - it's become an obsession. @_@ I keep close watch for both the manga scanlations and fansub episodes. Can't wait for updates. Besides, there's enough fanservice for everyone to go around. XD I never would've thought, though. Oh and not to mention Takehito Koyasu-sama does Kuroyanagi's voice~ *____* Suweet!!

@HELP ME: you could try Imageshack or Photobucket. Both work fine for me. smile.gif

Thanks, Kuroyanagi and Pierrot are cool, Matsushiro too, also Kazuma, Tsukino, Kawachi....Basically everyone except for Yukino and St. Pierre Owner!

Thanks for giving me a site! IPB Image

IPB Image
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif No problem and I agree. Although I really liked St. Pierre Owner at the beginning. T__T Why, cruel mangaka of the world~? WHY~?

Btw, you're just the person I was looking for! smile.gif Would you like to start a forum about Yakitate!! Japan with me? Just a question, don't feel pressured or anything. I ust figured it'd be a nice idea what with the pace it's all going. biggrin.gif That and I haven't been able to find a decent English YJ site yet. Not to mention a forum.
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 5 2004, 10:23 AM)
biggrin.gif No problem and I agree. Although I really liked St. Pierre Owner at the beginning. T__T Why, cruel mangaka of the world~? WHY~?

Btw, you're just the person I was looking for! smile.gif Would you like to start a forum about Yakitate!! Japan with me? Just a question, don't feel pressured or anything. I ust figured it'd be a nice idea what with the pace it's all going. biggrin.gif That and I haven't been able to find a decent English YJ site yet. Not to mention a forum.

Oooo, sure! Although, I don't know much about computers really ^^"
I first used a PC last year in september, first time ever, although I used a macintosh before that

But sure, a Yakitate forum would be really nice ^^
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif Great! Great news! (I admit, I was kinda worried you would decline my offer ^ ^;;) And don't worry about the technical stuff. I'm sure we'll be able to work it all out in due time. Hopefully the manga/anime is popular enough to attract members though. ^ ^;;

Ahhh, I'll worry about that tomorrow. For now, I'm gonna go lie down and sleep. @__@ I am beat. Seriously.
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 5 2004, 11:04 PM)
biggrin.gif Great! Great news! (I admit, I was kinda worried you would decline my offer ^ ^;;) And don't worry about the technical stuff. I'm sure we'll be able to work it all out in due time. Hopefully the manga/anime is popular enough to attract members though. ^ ^;;

Ahhh, I'll worry about that tomorrow. For now, I'm gonna go lie down and sleep. @__@ I am beat. Seriously.

Sleep well, I have to go take a test today called the SAT, it will decide my future basically XD, well, maybe it won't decide too much of it, but it will help..

BACK: I think I did pretty well ^^, yesterday I took a full length practice test of it and I got 1410, which is good I guess
Omakase Shimasu
1410 sounds more than fine to me. biggrin.gif Sorry I wasn't there to cheer you on, though. Here's a rose for all your efforts! @>-;--
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 8 2004, 03:46 PM)
1410 sounds more than fine to me. biggrin.gif Sorry I wasn't there to cheer you on, though. Here's a rose for all your efforts! @>-;--

Thanks for the rose!

^__^

hm..how would we get the forum started? Also, maybe we could put yours and Chloe's fansites there as well? ^^
Ailuro
Forum? Coool.. Invite me when its done! ^___^ Please? *bows down at your feat*
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Blahblah @ Nov 8 2004, 11:01 PM)
Thanks for the rose!

^__^

hm..how would we get the forum started?  Also, maybe we could put yours and Chloe's fansites there as well? ^^

No problem! biggrin.gif

Hmmm, well first we need to come up with a suitable name for the forum, I think... I already found a site where we can make a forum - one just like this, if you don't mind that is. smile.gif I'll give you a link so you can see for yourself, OK? Click me!

Although there's one little problem here. I don't know if you need a site to be able to host the forum or not... o.o As you can see I don't know what I'm doing here, so any help is more than appreciated!

@Ailuro: Sure, the more the merrier! biggrin.gif
ScaR
do you know if there is any site (like this) about Yakitate!! Japan??
the show's awesome so I had to ask... tongue.gif

BTW if you don't know where to get it "Anime-Empire" is subbing... I dunno when it comes but i know that it is already 3 ep out...
and since the show isn't licenced... that i know of... Here is the link...
Ailuro
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 9 2004, 08:23 AM)
Hmmm, well first we need to come up with a suitable name for the forum, I think... I already found a site where we can make a forum - one just like this, if you don't mind that is. smile.gif I'll give you a link so you can see for yourself, OK? Click me!

Although there's one little problem here. I don't know if you need a site to be able to host the forum or not... o.o As you can see I don't know what I'm doing here, so any help is more than appreciated!

Squee~ xD

I've made a forum before. Without a website. It just might be difficult for people to find it is all. So the best way to advertise it would be by mouth. You tell your friends then they tell their friends, etc. Or have people on other sites put a link to your forum on their website. Most forums are different.
Omakase Shimasu
Thanks for the info! biggrin.gif Wouldn't know what to do without you. Now I'm gonna rely on you to spread the word! X3

QUOTE(ScaR @ Nov 9 2004, 09:26 PM)
do you know if there is any site (like this) about Yakitate!! Japan??
the show's awesome so I had  to ask...  tongue.gif

biggrin.gif I know and so far I haven't been able to find anything Yakitate!! related except for episode reviews and info sites. (like ANNDatabase, AnimeNfo etc)

That's why I'm trying to start a forum in the hopes it becomes more popular since I wouldn't know anything about making my own site. ^ ^;;
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 9 2004, 09:23 AM)
Thanks for the rose!

^__^

hm..how would we get the forum started?  Also, maybe we could put yours and Chloe's fansites there as well? ^^

No problem! biggrin.gif

Although I don't know how to make a website, we could have the site with things and have the forum as an area they can access? similar to this websites structure I guess?
Blahblah
QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 10 2004, 10:42 PM)
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 9 2004, 09:23 AM)
Thanks for the rose!

^__^

No problem! biggrin.gif

Although I don't know how to make a website, we could have the site with things and have the forum as an area they can access? similar to this websites structure I guess?

Ack, I wasn't logged in to the forums for some reason X__X
Omakase Shimasu
No worries. biggrin.gif I had the feeling it was you. Do you have the automatic log-in feature set to yes? If so, you might have logged in to another forum of Inivision. I heard that it cancels certain log-ins out. @_@ Bleh.

biggrin.gif Yeah, I was thinking about that too. But creating a site seems rather difficult. I wouldn't know where to look for a free site plus site-builder. Not to mention I don't have any material to put up... It's a nice idea though. smile.gif
Blahblah
Yakitate!!Japan episode 4 is out today, yay!

I am so happy!
Omakase Shimasu
Really?! *__* Thanks for the heads-up! *scurries off to download more awesome eppies*

Too bad though, we won't be seeing Kuro-chan for some time now. T_T I already miss him!
xrninja
ahh i watched the first 4 subbed episodes today! kazuma is such an idiot, i love him. anyway, do you guys know where i can dL full versions of the op and ed, "houki kumo" by rythem and "sunday" by the babystars? i know the single for sunday came out on the 10th, but i can't find dLs for either sad.gif i love the songs though!
-Zhou Yu-
You love everything. well anyway you can dl anything with kazaa or bearshare. i dl alot of things there, songs, movies, pics, and anime
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.