Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: X-men Movies!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
#1_alchemist
just a random question. Is anybody going that see X3? It's coming out on may 26....very soon.
If you don't know what it is then...you can go check it out.
http://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
It looks good!

<Edited the thread title from "Anyone Going To See X-men 3? I'm very bored..." to "X-men Movies!!" 04/01/07 ~Tombow>
*~vachi~*
I want to!!! but movies usually come her a little bit later...only if it´s coming out at the same in the whole world...then it comes at the same time...-.-
Knil
I wanna see it to but just incase I dont have the money for it,I can always wait untill it comes on IO for free. laugh.gif
Nil-chan
i freak out everytime i see the commercial on tv. i wanna see it so bad it's not funny... i'll probably go see it with a few of my friends over our fourday weekend next week... yeah.
Zarpia
I will, I saw the other 2, so is only natural that I go see this one wink.gif
Tombow
Yap, me, too. I'm planning to go see it.
Maybe not during the opening week, but sometime afterward. smile.gif
Lucrezia
I'm definitely going to see it. It just came out here today, though, so I think I'll wait a bit before going to see it. Just so I can actually get into the cinema wink.gif
AndroidLust
It`s coming out tomorrow!!! Ima see it tomorowz!!!! Oh yeah! I`m so excited, every one in my school was talking about it. A couple of juniors even dressed up as a couple of X-men. It`s like when that last Star Wars movie came out...
VeRi
I just came back from watching it biggrin.gif

the movie was great

the only prob for me i wish the movie was longer laugh.gif
kaizenyorii
IPB Image
Chibka
My brother is going to see a 9:30 showing tonight with a friends... he's told me about, oh, 10 times now? And I hit him every time... I want to see it sooo bad...
AndroidLust
I just saw it! I have mixed feelings...
[spoiler] So many people I liked died. And Rogue...ughh, she disappointed me. sad.gif [/spoiler]
phoenix dying
I might see it after work tomorrow with a few people...
luap121
I just saw it..... the ending.......I mean the one after the credits was just....AHHH
Ailuro
God, that movie was so cliché. I laughed at it through the whole thing.
edsgirl
Easily the worst out of the three. And they stole "I'm the Juggernaut B*tch" from that online wed video. Bastards. I can only hope no more sequels are created.
Carnal Malefactor
I have absolutely no interest in superhero comic book adaptations... or superhero comics, for that matter... except for Batman, because he doesn't really have superpowers.
Celestial Shadow
Five words. Well, actually four words and a symbol thinger. Anime lovers often= haters.
Smoke Alchemist
Did anyone who saw the movie wait till the credits finished rolling? Cause if you didn't..oops for you...

@ Rainy...I enjoyed the "I'm the juggernaut b*tch" Line...I was laughing!

I want there to be more sequels *hides*
Fresh_Coffee
I actually liked it but it was the worse out of the three. o_o They just made it seem like there was going to be another movie..

the worse part would have to be

[spoiler] When Xavier died... how can you kill Xavier? D: I was actually laughing when cyclopes died, because I'm mean and I don't like him. [/spoiler]
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ May 29 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]403005[/snapback]

I actually liked it but it was the worse out of the three. o_o They just made it seem like there was going to be another movie..

the worse part would have to be

[spoiler] When Xavier died... how can you kill Xavier? D: I was actually laughing when cyclopes died, because I'm mean and I don't like him. [/spoiler]

Nobody likes Cyclopes. tongue.gif

I just saw it last night...I don't really understand why they killed off certain characters. mellow.gif The movie did have cool effects, but other than that, it wasn't so great.

Why wasn't Night Crawler in this movie? >D
Ailuro
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ May 29 2006, 12:08 PM) [snapback]403014[/snapback]

*wondered the same thing*
Slashrose1010
How can it be worse than the first? I didn't really like the first... The second was OK, though.

I hate Cyclopes. He is such a goody two-shoes. He is muy overrated too. I like Havoc more than him.

@Cafe's spoiler: I believe that is what Onslaught is for.... if I remember my comic books well. [spoiler]I have no idea why Cyclopes died, though. I dunno if he ever "dies" in the comic books.[/spoiler]

@Fooly: I haven't seen it, but if Psylocke wasn't in it, he was probably stalking her laugh.gif
Fresh_Coffee

Nobody likes Cyclopes. tongue.gif

I just saw it last night...I don't really understand why they killed off certain characters. mellow.gif The movie did have cool effects, but other than that, it wasn't so great.

: ) Yes, because Wolverine is too cool for him. biggrin.gif I was hoping that they would touch on Wolverine's past a bit more.

QUOTE(Ailuro @ May 29 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]403017[/snapback]

*wondered the same thing*

Yes.. what happened to Night Crawler.. maybe

[Spoiler] He could have transported Xavier out of there! XD Yes, I'm looking for any piece of hope that he might be alive. [/spoiler]
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ May 29 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]403026[/snapback]

How can it be worse than the first? I didn't really like the first... The second was OK, though.

I don't even remember the first one all that much. I just remember the second one was better than it.
QUOTE(Slash)

@Cafe's spoiler: I believe that is what Onslaught is for.... if I remember my comic books well. [spoiler]I have no idea why Cyclopes died, though. I dunno if he ever "dies" in the comic books.[/spoiler]

I'm pretty sure he didn't.
[spoiler] I thought he and Jean got married and had a child...o.O I can't really believe that Jean, Cyclops, and Xavier actually died. They'll probably all be brought back in the fourth movie...even though that would make it a terrible movie. tongue.gif[/spoiler]
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ May 29 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]403028[/snapback]

: ) Yes, because Wolverine is too cool for him. biggrin.gif I was hoping that they would touch on Wolverine's past a bit more.

Ahh, they should have. That seemed to be what the whole second movie was building on, so it doesn't really make sense to ignore his past in the third.
Slashrose1010
@Fooly: [spoiler]Jean Died as well? I guess I will have to watch this movie to really speculate, even though I am sure the movie didn't keep much truth to the comics... anyway, when Jean was in the movie, was this pre or post Phoenix? Because even post Phoenix, Jean didn't actually die... she just left earth... I think she returns, though. As for Xavier, maybe the fourth movie, the main antagonist will be Onslaught... that would just be... stupid, I think.[/spoiler]

Was Gambit in this movie? He was my fave.
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ May 29 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]403039[/snapback]

@Fooly: [spoiler]Jean Died as well? I guess I will have to watch this movie to really speculate, even though I am sure the movie didn't keep much truth to the comics... anyway, when Jean was in the movie, was this pre or post Phoenix? Because even post Phoenix, Jean didn't actually die... she just left earth... I think she returns, though. As for Xavier, maybe the fourth movie, the main antagonist will be Onslaught... that would just be... stupid, I think.[/spoiler]

Was Gambit in this movie? He was my fave.

[spoiler] Post Phoenix, but they twisted her powers a lot. In the movie, "Phoenix" was her split personality that came out when her powers weren't restricted. Her Phoenix personality was actually evil, and was the one that caused the deaths of the others.[/spoiler]
From what I do know about the comics, this movie wasn't true at all to them. XD

Gambit wasn't in the movie, but there was a kid walking around in the mansion manipulating paper and wearing a barre (or however you spell it)... XD

And another thing...
[spoiler] Why did Wolverine kill Jean instead of using the mutant antidote on her? huh.gif It seemed sort of stupid of him to not do so...[/spoiler]
Slashrose1010
[spoiler]I am pretty sure that Post-Phoenix actually did have a split personality that was evil. Her true personality was kind of trapped or lost, I forget. I am sure it wasn't 100% accurate though. I forget what the evil split personality's powers were exactly... I think it was like Jean's normal powers enhanced to a massive uncontrollable degree. Don't take my word for it, though.[/spoiler]

I really don't like movie renditions of comic books because it is pretty much impossible to chronicle something like X-Men, Spiderman, Batman etc well within a 2 hour film. They skip so much of the good detailing that goes into the comics.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ May 29 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]403042[/snapback]

[spoiler] Why did Wolverine kill Jean instead of using the mutant antidote on her? huh.gif It seemed sort of stupid of him to not do so...[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Even if Wolverine did inject jean with the mutant antidote she would need to take it over and over again because it's only temporary. Meaning, Magneto, Mystique and Rogue will regain their powers again. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Because of my X-men craze I've read that what actually happened was that Jean made a deal with the phoenix, which was why she survived. There is much more to the story, but I can't really remember. I do remember though, that Jean really did die by Wolverine's hand because the phoenix was reborned too early, and try to take over Emma frost or something. And.. After that Scott being the jerk he is went and starting dating Emma frost sleep.gif What do you expect? After the first time Jean 'died' he went off and had another relationship! I thought Xavier was still alive... Didn't they make Xavier a new body, and transfered his thoughts into it?[/spoiler]
Molecular Alchemist
You know what...I really REALLY hated this movie....I mean, this was NOT how the Phoenix Saga was supposed to be played out. Honestly, didnt the screenwriters even bother to read the comics??? *sigh*

And yeah, they stole "i'm the juggernaut, b*tch"...the best line out of the whole freaking movie, and it was ripped off a video...ARGH!

AND..in the War Room, [spoiler] there were Sentinals....where were the sentinals in the rest of the movie??? Did they just forget about them, or did they waste all the extra special effects money on Jean Grey's BAD dye job? [/spoiler]

All i can say is that if they didnt want to put the time and effort into a REAL adaptation of the Phoenix Saga, they shouldnt have attempted it at all. I swear, it was like a X-men fanfic gone terribly wrong....or like someone was telling the story of the X-men and couldnt get their facts straight. mellow.gif
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ May 29 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]403051[/snapback]

[spoiler] Even if Wolverine did inject jean with the mutant antidote she would need to take it over and over again because it's only temporary. Meaning, Magneto, Mystique and Rogue will regain their powers again. [/spoiler]

Yeah, I know that, but I thought a temporary solution would be more practical than...what he actually did. (I don't feel like making a spoiler box. XP) They could have come up with a different way to stop Phoenix later.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(foolmetal)
Yeah, I know that, but I thought a temporary solution would be more practical than...what he actually did. (I don't feel like making a spoiler box. XP) They could have come up with a different way to stop Phoenix later.

[spoiler] but it so sad : ( I felt bad for him, because it's wolverine. You lazy butt! Does nobody feel my pain about Xavier dying? XD [/spoiler]
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ May 29 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]403107[/snapback]

[spoiler] but it so sad : ( I felt bad for him, because it's wolverine. You lazy butt! Does nobody feel my pain about Xavier dying? XD [/spoiler]

[spoiler] I would, but then again...I stayed until after the credits wink.gif [/spoiler]
Fresh_Coffee
[spoiler] what happened after the credits? =O [/spoiler]
Celestial Shadow
Ooh look at all the [spoiler][/spoiler]'sssssssssssssss~

This movie seems to be cursed for me. I was going to go see it with my equally X-Men loving best friend, my crush's best friend and my crush, but that all seems to have turned into a big pile of shizzy mush~
Zarpia
XD I'm to lazy to read the spoiler boxes>< What happed after the credits!!!???!!! someone tell me, I'm about to go see it!
Molecular Alchemist
well, for all of you who were antsy and left before the end of the credits, here's what you missed...

[spoiler]There is a shot of the dr from the beginning of the movie (Myra) standing over a hospital bed and she picks up a chart and reads it. As she looks at the chart, a familar voice says "Hello.....myra" *coughxaviercough* and she puts down the chart and stares in shock at the bed [/spoiler]

happy.gif
Celestial Shadow
[rant]People ALWAYS leave before the credits! I've always personally been one of those people who, with video games and movies ALWAYS attempts to stay until the screen friggin' goes black or I'm told THE END and it stays up there for more than five minutes. But in theaters, I'm always dragged out by friends or family first. It serves all of you right if you missed schtuff at the end! [/rant]
Tombow
Yay, I watched the movie!!
And, I stayed for the credit!! biggrin.gif

So,
[spoiler]It was the patient Xavier was reffering to in the earlier part of the movie, the one who has functioning body, but no mind... and I guess we can infer that just before professor died he transfered his mind into that patient's body, hence the patient speaking to the nurse scene after the movie...[/spoiler]
I'm glad he's not completely gone. smile.gif
Fresh_Coffee
[spoiler] OMG, I'M SO HAPPY!! I'm so sorry, I needed to post that. biggrin.gif I should have watched the credits, darn it Anne! [/spoiler]
Tombow
^^ Cafe-san and anyone who missed the scene during the credit -
I just found that you can view that extra scene on YouTube!! happy.gif
Kitty Alchemist
I saw it last Sunday with my boyfriend and it was Awsome.
Chibka
QUOTE(Kitty Alchemist @ May 31 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]403971[/snapback]

I saw it last Sunday with my boyfriend and it was Awsome.

I also saw it Sunday... I didn't like it very much, though. Too cheesy for me.
Chiyo
I just saw it, and that is the unhappiest happy ending I have ever seen.

So...are they planning a 4th film? I didn't see the credits but that Magneto scene at the end seemed to hint enough.
Silver Wolf
I haven't seen it yet but a lot of people said it was good. I want to see it sooo badly.
Ishbal~Alchemist
JUST SAW IT!!!! The ending wuz FREAKEEEEE!!!!!!! I'm glad I stayed after the credits!!!
Zarpia
Saw the end creditsthanks to everyone saying that. I was telling my brother "hey, wait, we have to stay until the end of the credits" he was like "ok..."

I was happy with the ending, I did like it.
Realmwalker
I wanted to like X-Men 3. I really did. The massive character inconsistencies, the hackeneyed plot, and the directions they took with a number of characters were unbearable. I was forced to X-Men fanboy out on the movie, and left the theatre utterly regretting the evening.

Glad to hear nobody else had this problem, though.
GREEDisGOOD
QUOTE(Realmwalker @ Jun 29 2006, 11:50 AM) *
I wanted to like X-Men 3. I really did. The massive character inconsistencies, the hackeneyed plot, and the directions they took with a number of characters were unbearable. I was forced to X-Men fanboy out on the movie, and left the theatre utterly regretting the evening.

Glad to hear nobody else had this problem, though.

I agree with you on just about everything. I was wondering how long it would take before they screwed it up. The first two movies, especially the second one, had really good plots and they didn't try to overload on the fights scenes. This one just looked like they were trying to shove as many characters in as possible, but then not develop a one of them. It was really disappointed in this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.