Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Should We Call Riza And Roy's Children?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Riza Babe
<Merging "Royai: Eclessiastical Wedding Or Civil Wedding?" here, and hence editing the title from "What Should We Call Riza And Roy's Children?, Just looking at the future of RxR" to "What Should We Call Riza And Roy's Children?, and Eclessiastical Wedding Or Civil Wedding?" then merging "Royai: Eclessiastical Wedding Or Civil Wedding?" with 8 pages of posts. Continuities of posts in both threads are checked and confirmed that the continuities of the posts will survive the merge. 02/23/07 ~Tombow>

Well any names if they are getting married or having children?
Omakase Shimasu
Hughes if it's a boy, maybe? Hm... that would be strange... O.o

...I can't really see them with children though. biggrin.gif;; They seem more focused on their work at the moment.
Chibi Viki
After seeing screenshots and reading ep 51 summary, i can now rest assure that there definitely WILL be a royxriza ending! especially during that "apple" scene :,3

Maes would definitely on top of my list! Maes Luther Mustang (Luther because a. it's the name i gave to riza's father in my fanfic; b. maes mustang sounds... incomplete; c. it sounds cool! ^^)
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Oct 4 2004, 06:05 PM)
Maes would definitely on top of my list! Maes Luther Mustang (Luther because a. it's the name i gave to riza's father in my fanfic; b. maes mustang sounds... incomplete; c. it sounds cool! ^^)

biggrin.gif;; Oops. Forgot Hughes is his last name. rolleyes.gif Nobody calls him Maes, so I got used to Hughes.

Hmm, why don't they just adopt Al (& Ed)? They're still parentless. Unless you count Pinako as their official guardian, of course.
RoyxRiza BigFan
should be distinct european names, with german or russian hints
Omakase Shimasu
Hans. smile.gif ...how come we only talk about boy names? tongue.gif What if they get a girl?
Chibi Viki
Elizabeth, hehehehe... smile.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Elizabeth! smile.gif Somehow I can see this name fitting Hawkeye better than her real name...
EditDeath
Somehow, Alexis Mustang comes acroos as a good name to me.
Riza Babe
what about chibi mustang laugh.gif
Kasumi
Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that the son would be named Maes.

Hehehe, Elizabeth Hawkeye. smile.gif
Omakase Shimasu
...wonder how the kids will look like. Complete copies? Or opposites. (the girl with Hawkeye's face, but Roy's coloring and vice versa) ...scary. <__<

Oh wait...
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
O.O
Kasumi
I'd imagine the boy to have blonde hair, black eyes, with Roy's hairstyle. For the daughter, maybe a chibi Riza?

Hehe, exact copies of Roy and Riza wouldn't be so bad. Chibi Roy and Chibi Riza! Aww~ They're gonna be so cute~!
wolfi1412
I kinda like the name Maes for their son, and Elizabeth for the daughter..!!! ^^
AoiSora
I do like Elizabeth for the daughter's name.

Here is fan art that My cousin drew for me, for the kids I had in mind...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Roy...amily_color.jpg

There names are:

1st son (dark hair) Ashton Maes Mustang
2nd son (light hair) Dewey Laurence Mustang
Daughter Elizabeth Anne Mustang

Why? Just becuase I like those names.
Omakase Shimasu
Aaaw, Dewey looks like Ed! And Black Hayate's butt managed to make it in the drawing. tongue.gif Cute, really. smile.gif
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 4 2004, 09:45 PM)
...wonder how the kids will look like. Complete copies? Or opposites. (the girl with Hawkeye's face, but Roy's coloring and vice versa) ...scary. <__<

Oh wait...
I already said that London-Ed would be their kid.
O.O

cool, that thing is fun to click

hm..their children would have wierd names, because Hawkeye would shoot Mustang if he tried to name them, and Riza named the puppy Black Hayate.. (although Black Hayate is a good name!)

Yay~!
Omakase Shimasu
Yes, it is! laugh.gif See? Those things are way too alluring. <-- can't find the right word

I would kiss anyone's butt who's actually able to keep from clicking on one of those spoiler tags. (I'm that sure of myself - I can see me so eating those words in the near future ph34r.gif)
AoiSora
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 5 2004, 02:18 AM)
Aaaw, Dewey looks like Ed! And Black Hayate's butt managed to make it in the drawing. tongue.gif Cute, really. smile.gif

Oh man! I thought I would be the only one who thought that. It was worse when they had lighter eyes! But I still think it turned out cute! (I am so biased to her work!) In her first sketch of him, he looked less like Ed. He has Hawkeye's Bangs though, you can tell in that photo.

and did you notice you said butt in your last two posts??
Omakase Shimasu
I did? *scrolls down* >__> Darn, I did. Bleh. First wolfie and now you. Why are you all so observant? tongue.gif
AoiSora
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 5 2004, 04:19 AM)
I did? *scrolls down* >__> Darn, I did. Bleh. First wolfie and now you. Why are you all so observant? tongue.gif

I don't know. Just made that way I guess
-+maboroshi+-
QUOTE(AoiSora @ Oct 5 2004, 02:08 AM)
Here is fan art that My cousin drew for me, for the kids I had in mind...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Roy...amily_color.jpg

There names are:

1st son (dark hair) Ashton Maes Mustang
2nd son (light hair) Dewey Laurence Mustang
Daughter Elizabeth Anne Mustang

That's utterly adorable. <3
wolfi1412
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 4 2004, 08:19 PM)

okay.. why's my name up there?? am I that observant?
Omakase Shimasu
Oh, that was because of your reply in Hentia's introduction thread. biggrin.gif With the two FMAs in his list?
Queen of the dammed
Roy Jr instead of Chibi Roy. tongue.gif I like it more that way. biggrin.gif Heh, the picture of the kids is so KAWAII!!!!!!!!!!
odoridan
How about Royza? Short for Eroyzabeth.

In the same vein as Maes for a son, how about Sarah if it's a daughter. (After Sarah Rockbell. Not to sure if they want to bring up that dark memory though ph34r.gif )
Omakase Shimasu
Royza if it's a girl and Rizoy if it's a boy. tongue.gif

Sarah... Such a shame though, since it's a nice name. Dunno if this is a spoiler or not...

smile.gif Would be a nice thought.

..by the way, anybody have any idea how Winry's Daddy's called?
Chibi Viki
Royza? ~_~

uhm, i would prefer something "significant". in another thread, cirle pointed out that "Roy" the name, could be from "Roi" the french term for king (did i get that right?)

so... for the heck of it Roy Mustang II? ahehehe, i heard of this name from this space drama anime i watched a long time ago: Alexander Siegfried Lohengram.... how about Alexander Sigfried Mustang, hehehe, sounds funny. Alexander as in, alexander the great.

I like big names.

Dewey? (ahehehe... sorry, i can't help but make fun of this one, please forgive me AoiSora, I'm sugar high today) If they have triplets (male), they could just name them, Hewey, Dewey and Louie! hahaha!!! (damn, I'm so corny...)
Omakase Shimasu
*snorts* Never thought about Donald Duck there. My mind's wit's not what it used to.
AoiSora
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Oct 5 2004, 03:26 PM)
Dewey? (ahehehe... sorry, i can't help but make fun of this one, please forgive me AoiSora, I'm sugar high today) If they have triplets (male), they could just name them, Hewey, Dewey and Louie! hahaha!!! (damn, I'm so corny...)

That alright. It is one of those names I like, that is not really popular. Yeah, but it means Beloved.

But I like the longer names too. That is why I gave them the middle names.
Maliza
damn, If I was one of Roy and Riza's kid and they named me Royza, I'd grow up hating my parents
Riza Babe
me to lol
AoiSora
Very True. But I don't think they would do that to them.
Omakase Shimasu
My greatest of all inspiration came from Fanfiction.net. biggrin.gif Blame all those authors who insist on giving their pairings a much-needed [barf-inducing] pet-name. (no offense intended but I got sick of them ages ago and can't stand to see pairings nicknamed like that - what's so wrong about Roy/Riza, Al/Winry anyway?? Bleh, in any case--) Royza and Rizoy immediately came to mind. smile.gif

Oh... wait... maybe that's supposed to be Roza and Rizoy.
EditDeath
Geez, those drive me nuts. If they gotta shorten Roy/Riza, why not just make it R/R? Its shorter and anyone who's seen the show can guess who the R's are.
Omakase Shimasu
R/R's even better and you're right. Nobody (except for Ross) has a name that begins with an R.
EditDeath
Hmm....good point. I forgot about Ross. Ah well, that's her last name anyway. As long as the pairings are given using either both first names or both last names, there won't be any confusion.
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif You should tell those writers that. And~ speaking of writing: we've gone off-topic once again.
EditDeath
Indeed we have! And trust me, if I thought they'd listen, I would. Writing is an art, and as artists, writers can be stubborn as hell.
wolfi1412
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 4 2004, 10:59 PM)
Oh, that was because of your reply in Hentia's introduction thread. biggrin.gif With the two FMAs in his list?

that was one time only!!!

and Roza's a good name...
AoiSora
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Oct 6 2004, 06:06 AM)
and Roza's a good name...

It reminds me to much of Rose. So I don't really like it for there kids.

I really don't understand the appeal of combining the names of the parents to make the names of the kids. Who in real life does that? I know they are technically ink and paint, but come on.....
Queen of the dammed
If they were chinese names they might... but since they're english names, I don't think you can...
Riza Babe
Koto
Natsu
Mito
Roku
Ryoko
Takahiro
Teruo
Toki
Yatsuhiro

Boys^^

Chiyo
Nyoko
Ryoko
Ruri
Katsumi
Kayoko
Kishi
Nana
Reiko

GIRLS^^
AoiSora
Those are very asian names for someone with the last name Mustang
Chibi Viki
nah, i think they'll stay with english names.
RoyxRiza BigFan
me have a go at this

boy names

Dylan(French)

Donatien (French)

Kiske

Gera

Alan Igor

Ballack

Henry

Klose

Rudd

Arjen

Robben

Carl

Girl Names

Valentina(Russian)

Millia (love this name)

Annette

Sara

Madeira

Bernice

Christy

Helena
Omakase Shimasu
Igor? ph34r.gif I think you can scrap that one off your list right now. tongue.gif
Chibi Viki
i think roy and riza should have 2-3 kids. after all, they'll be busy with work in the military and all. i don't think riza will give up her work to take care of their kids (still have to look after the husband... make sure he doesn't cheat on her, hehehehehe... j/k smile.gif )...
Ghost
That was just blasphemous. Besides, he's too oblivious to notice other women. Hell, he barely notices Riza!
I think Lt. Ross should be the Godmother, because she's very motherly and I think you're right about Riza being busy keeping an eye on Roy. But not because of his roving eye. Because without her he'd be dead like...how many times over?
Omakase Shimasu
Hehe, I would've thought 1 kid alone was enough for these two to handle. biggrin.gif But maybe that's just me.

Hmmm... I can't see them having any experience concerning kids though. ph34r.gif The way Hawkeye handled Black Hayate... I hope the fact she's taking care of a baby will make her more caring and gentle...

@Ghost: laugh.gif he seems very uninterested in female company until the later episodes. Ep. 37... rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.