Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 59 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Aoko-chan
QUOTE(Keoni @ May 4 2006, 06:20 AM) [snapback]389991[/snapback]

^^ I wondered about that one. Man I need a map! Is Rizenbool close to the east?

Actually, Rizenbool is more close to the south than the east. I don't have my PGB2 with me, so I will have to check later about how south it is. But I'm pretty sure its in the southern part (to my surprise too when I got the PGB)
GS4Life
Awww no one has to worry about Wrath killing RanFan, and if Gring doesn't worry enough then I will. If he touches her then I will inflict such an unbearable pain he wish he was only in the movie Saw or Hostel not being tortured by me(hell I'd be sure to Dismembered alive making apap As Painful As Possible).

Alrighty then Risenbool would be the safer option but that be no fun. Hmmmm what to do what to do.
Colette
QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ May 4 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]390618[/snapback]

QUOTE(snwbnny @ May 3 2006, 01:44 PM) [snapback]389841[/snapback]

Animeoldtimer: That's what I was thinking. xD

I hope to learn more about how the Rockbells were killed...Well, not really how. I guess I shouldn't say that. More of...Why they were killed.

Ok, I know this sounds really stupid and I'll probably get bricks thrown at me for even suggesting this... But what if the whole ordeal between Scar getting the tattoo is connected with the Rockbells? Like... I don't know. -Hides under coffee table-

I think it's actually probable that the Rockbells had something to do with Scar getting the tattoo. It would sure give him a reason to kill them, what with his whole "alchemy is evil" bit. What exactly they had to do with it, though, I have no clue.

QUOTE(catalyste @ May 4 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]390198[/snapback]

QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ May 3 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]389990[/snapback]

You might try reading the thread...

Winry's being watched by Wrath, who doesn't currently know RanFan's whereabouts, or that Knox is involved. It'd be difficult to have Ranfan get the automail in Rush Valley withou Wrath finding out, and killing her. She's not a hostage or a sacrifice- just a bother.

i did read the thread, but i was still confused.

i know Winry's being watched by Wrath, but my problem is why Bradley would want to kill Ran Fan. she hasn't proven herself to be a bother to him yet, and until she does, she's just a previous servant of Ling that Bradley (in my opinion) would let live.

in my mind, Ran Fan is missing an arm, she goes to Winry to get fitted for automail, Bradley either does not find out that Ran Fan visited Winry because his spies do not know of Ran Fan as a priority, or he does andit's fine with him as long as she doesn't cause any trouble.

Please note that Wrath has already tried to kill her once already and the fact that she was missing an arm didn't seem to bother him much then. The only reason he didn't kill her was because she ran away. It seems to me that Ranfan traveling to Rush Valley for automail surgery would be the opportune time to dispose of someone who could be a problem in the future. I have to agree that Gring would have a problem with that plan, which could make this scenario get pretty interesting should Ranfan decide to go to Rush Valley...

In addition to that, Wrath knows that Ling is constantly trying to regain control of his body. Seeing Ran Fan might give him more strength, and Wrath doesn't want that.
Chiyo
Does Winry know she is being watched? She may slip up somewhere along the line quite by mistake. How I don't know but theres a chance.
Keoni
Well, the ZOMG site says soon, So I think it'll be either today or tomorrow. Jeeeej! And then we can start discussing it! laugh.gif
catalyste
QUOTE(Keoni @ May 5 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]390942[/snapback]

Well, the ZOMG site says soon, So I think it'll be either today or tomorrow. Jeeeej! And then we can start discussing it! laugh.gif

no, that was chapter 58, which is up. sorry. tongue.gif
Keoni
* slaps forhead*
Damn I need to learn to read! rolleyes.gif Sorry about that!

Owkay, new try... The last one came out the 10th of april right? Seeing how it a monthly thing, it should be coming out around the 10th again then (?)
*trying to redeem herself*
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE(Chiyo @ May 5 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]390911[/snapback]

Does Winry know she is being watched? She may slip up somewhere along the line quite by mistake. How I don't know but theres a chance.

No, Winry does not know, but she could be suspicious based on Ed's call. I wonder if Ed will ponder whether to tell her or not. If he does she could be more alert and on the look-out. However, that might scare her and you know he wouldn't want to do that. He has a hard enough time dealing with her crying. tongue.gif Not telling would make her blissfully unaware but could endanger her more as you say.
simargl
quote]I think it's actually probable that the Rockbells had something to do with Scar getting the tattoo. It would sure give him a reason to kill them, what with his whole "alchemy is evil" bit. What exactly they had to do with it, though, I have no clue.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that the Rockbells were the ones that stitched his brother's arm on him.

Actually, Rizenbool is more close to the south than the east.

Rizenbool is really close to Ishbal.
Tombow
QUOTE(simargl @ May 6 2006, 02:47 AM) [snapback]391142[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure that the Rockbells were the ones that stitched his brother's arm on him.
Wow, that's a totally new thinking for me!!
I always thought somehow that arm was transmuted to Scar, and wanted to know how. biggrin.gif

BTW, no chapter 59 yet?? tongue.gif
(I know, I know, it's too early... biggrin.gif )

@Keoni - Yeah, around 10th each month, but sometimes earlier, sometimes later, and we never know till it gets posted on the Net...
Can't wait!! happy.gif
MeLRizA
hmmz... everyone seem to be talking about winry being watched by king bradley n fixing an automail arm for ranfun... wut about Roy? wasn't he heading to central to take care of bradley? blink.gif
my Roy, Roy... ROY~ laugh.gif
Reika
mmm.. did anyone realize.... that we'll see Hughes again?? O.o
GS4Life
Yep we'll probably see Hughes again, I wonder if we'll see Barry the Chopper again who knows, the military might have done something with him at the time and used him for the war armored body or not it would be nice. I was also thinking that perhaps Bradley may not kill RanFan, he may blackmail Greed as well to prevent him from wandering off and doing his own thing like the first Greed even if Greed doesn't care Ling sure as hell will(kinda sucks to be the new Greed huh?)
Reika
don't think so, Arakawa said that it was the first time that she left alive a character that should have died when barry helps them going to lust.
catalyste
we might see Lust again...that b#@*!
GS4Life
Bu-bu-but RanFan can't die s-she musn't! Please Arakawa kill anyone else but her....................or Ed...........or Winry..................or Al..................or Riza, but anyone other than them.

Killing RanFan would be killing off the only thing left that I love, well besides Pie, boy do I love my Pie, but I'd give up my left leg and right arm for her. I would classify killing off RanFan as cruel and unusual punishment. *sobs*
MeLRizA
QUOTE(catalyste @ May 7 2006, 08:03 AM) [snapback]391430[/snapback]

we might see Lust again...that b#@*!

i thought she died already? n the armor-barry too? blink.gif *confused*
Nil-chan
Bu-bu-but RanFan can't die s-she musn't! Please Arakawa kill anyone else but her....................or Ed...........or Winry..................or Al..................or Riza, but anyone other than them.

Killing RanFan would be killing off the only thing left that I love, well besides Pie, boy do I love my Pie, but I'd give up my left leg and right arm for her. I would classify killing off RanFan as cruel and unusual punishment. *sobs*

Or Roy, roy must live! Cause he nad hawkeye have to get married... lol.

@MeLRizA: I think maybe what she meant was that since barry didn't die when he was supposed to (execution by the government) other characters may pop up again as well.
simargl

Ran Fan is awesome. It's good to see more Ran-Fan-love in the world.

She's already lost an arm. Isn't that enough?
Reika
No killing Riza nor Roy!!!!!!! then ranfan and the others... XD
MeLRizA
oOoOoOoOoOo... i see... smile.gif when is the chapter released? blink.gif
link please... *im a blur queen*
Chiyo
If I remember correctly its out this coming Friday, and questions will be answered (some anyway)
Reika
I think it's released around wednesday and tuesday, every 10th-11th of the month
Nil-chan
But that's only the raw, right? The translated ones might not be out till a while after that.
Reika
yeah
Nepharski
Actually, as this is a flashback sequence, there is a very good chance that certain characters who have perished during the narrative will reappear. Brig. General Grand is already confirmed, as is Joulliot. I wouldn't be surprised to find Hughes or Loa or Dorchette appears too. (If memory serves, Martel was serving elsewhere, so she may not appear. Loa said he served in Ishbal, though. Dorchette didn't say.) Lust or the previous Greed may very well make an appearance.

Furthermore...

Scar tells Yoki that the Ishbalians value their names as gifts from their god, Ishbala. He also said that when he chose this path, he cast aside his given name. Given the strict and religious man Scar is, I wouldn't be surprised if casting off his name required some sort of personal ceremony or ritual. I doubt he just shrugged and forgot his name. Probably more like "Hence forth, the name _____ is dead to me," or something like that. We may yet learn it.
Keoni
Oh how I would love to know his real name! I hope it's really cool but even if it isn't it is still something I yearn to know.

As for the killing off... Favorite characters of mine have a tendency to die on me... Ranfan I could cope with, but Roy would be too much. sad.gif

Jeeej! It's almost Raw-time!! happy.gif I don't care if I can't read a sinlge word, I need to see it!
Nepharski
QUOTE(Keoni @ May 7 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]392012[/snapback]

Oh how I would love to know his real name! I hope it's really cool but even if it isn't it is still something I yearn to know.

On second thought, we may not.

A guy I know reads V for Vandetta, an older comic by some guy named Moore. I took a glance at it, didn't really catch my attention, but I asked him if we ever got to see V's (The guy with the Guy Fawks mask) real face. He said no, but then added that we "Didn't need to." What matters is what he is, what he does, and what he stands for, and with or without a face, those elements remain unchanged. The mask is his face.

That said, Hiromu may take a similar path and never reveal Scar's name. Why? Because what difference would it make on who he is? It wouldn't. What matters is what he stands for, what he is, not what he's called.
MonsterEnvy
Eep! I was away for a day, it feels like i've missed a lot...

Someone said something about Scar's arm being his brothers, and the Rockbell's stiching it on, and Tombow said that he thought it would be transmuted from his brother. To dispel all confusion, Scar's arm is his own. He was given the tattoo by his brother. We see in the chapter where Winry is going to shoot Scar a mini-flashback with Scar going to kill the Rockbells and his brother jumping in front of him, both arms outstretched, just like Ed does for Winry. His brother quite apparently has both arms and they're both tattooed at the same time that Scar as apparently has his right arm tattooed. Why Scar let this happen, we'll probably find out in the next few chapters.

I do hope that we'll at least learn Scar's brother's name. It's annoying to keep calling him 'Scar's Brother.' Does anyone remember his name in the anime? We should refer to him by that until further notice. It just makes typing easier...
Nepharski
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ May 7 2006, 02:34 PM) [snapback]392019[/snapback]
I do hope that we'll at least learn Scar's brother's name. It's annoying to keep calling him 'Scar's Brother.' Does anyone remember his name in the anime? We should refer to him by that until further notice. It just makes typing easier...

Scar's brother was never given a name in the Anime. No Ishbalians in the Manga have been directly named either, so we don't know what sort of names the Ishbalians would bestow upon themselves.

Popular fan name is Bruce, but...I don't think that name fits him.
simargl
We see in the chapter where Winry is going to shoot Scar a mini-flashback with Scar going to kill the Rockbells and his brother jumping in front of him, both arms outstretched, just like Ed does for Winry. His brother quite apparently has both arms and they're both tattooed at the same time that Scar as apparently has his right arm tattooed.

But that was before Kimblee made him go kaboom.

Here you can see the scar on his arm

http://www.readmanga.com/view.php?currtitl...chap=026&img=24
Nepharski
QUOTE(simargl @ May 7 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]392188[/snapback]

Hmm...I wonder what that flesh wound is. The circular one around his arm, above the tatoo. If it was naturally his tatoo, why should their be that weird ring?
Ant
According to Wiki, Scar's brother is named Mattias in the anime.

Scar's brother, Mattias, gave him the arm to save his life after he had been gravely wounded by Kimblee.

Nepharski
QUOTE(Ant @ May 7 2006, 09:53 PM) [snapback]392238[/snapback]

According to Wiki, Scar's brother is named Mattias in the anime.

Scar's brother, Mattias, gave him the arm to save his life after he had been gravely wounded by Kimblee.

I highly doubt that information is kosher. Usually I give Wikipedia the benefit of the doubt, but having personally seen every single episode of the Anime, I can confirm that they never name Scar or his brother.

I also noticed that an editor has removed the name. Further proof.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ May 7 2006, 11:30 PM) [snapback]392015[/snapback]

QUOTE(Keoni @ May 7 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]392012[/snapback]

On second thought, we may not.

A guy I know reads V for Vandetta, an older comic by some guy named Moore. I took a glance at it, didn't really catch my attention, but I asked him if we ever got to see V's (The guy with the Guy Fawks mask) real face. He said no, but then added that we "Didn't need to." What matters is what he is, what he does, and what he stands for, and with or without a face, those elements remain unchanged. The mask is his face.

That said, Hiromu may take a similar path and never reveal Scar's name. Why? Because what difference would it make on who he is? It wouldn't. What matters is what he stands for, what he is, not what he's called.

In Spanish I'd say:
Olé, maestro!} ( u_u)/
BlindSword
So now how many days untill the raw comes out?
MonsterEnvy
...it comes out on the tenth or eleventh.

I'm sorry to say that even though this question has been answered twenty or thirty times, we still have people who just pop in to ask it without bothering to read the thread. Grrrr...

Well, that's annoying that Scar's brother was never named. I kept thinking he was Lujon, but that was some other guy. 'Mattias' is a nice name for him... but I guess will just have to go with the title of 'brother.'

I doubt that Scar's name will never be revealed. I feel like it holds important plot signaficance. He cast it off and everything... perhaps he'll eventually take it back? I can't help but think that Scar is related to Our Heros in some other way too.
Sensenic
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ May 8 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]392413[/snapback]

perhaps he'll eventually take it back? I can't help but think that Scar is related to Our Heros in some other way too.

huh.gif {hm?

Interesting! Would you mind ellaborating a little further, please? happy.gif
MonsterEnvy
"take it back" referring to how he cast off his real name. I can't elaborate further on the latter, but it's just a feeling, like 'Scar is really Ed and Al's mother!' or somesuch. (not like that... that was an exaggeration.) Something like he had a relationship with Hawkeye-sensei or Riza knew him or Roy blew up his house... along those lines. Maybe he's someone's cousin. I don't know, I just think that it might be in there. It's a silly idea.
Keoni
Bruce??? Who the Hell thought of that? Really rolleyes.gif

back on the arm, I really have a strong feeling that it is in fact the arm of his brother. The scar above it is proof enough to me. And if it was really just the tatoo, why did Scar say: Brother, why did you give me this arm? It would have been more logical to say Why did you give me this tatoo/sign/etc.

Anyway, still hoping for Scar's real name! biggrin.gif
MonsterEnvy
No, it'd definitely not his brothers. We've already seen scar with his tattoo, and scar's brother with both his arms tattooed in the same frame. Not happening. The scar is curious, though...

Scar meant 'why did you give me this tattoo' but it's more poetic to say 'why did you give me this arm.' It's because his arm kills people, and does alchemy and stuff, and he doesn't want it.
simargl
No, it'd definitely not his brothers. We've already seen scar with his tattoo, and scar's brother with both his arms tattooed in the same frame.

Where?
Reika
yeah, where?
_Jelly
aye? what? *shrugs* I should say something relavent to the topic..um..Greed!Ling is scary...hope he dont stay that way cuz it just aint right...if Ling dies Ill scream. And Ran Fan will emo and ill emo.
GS4Life
I'm pretty sure that scar's mentor said that the arm was Scar's brother's even in the manga. I do wonder what the Isbhalian's(sp?) names are or if they even have names(never heard of a society without actual names before but they could be called by their status or something)

Chapter 59 is out sooooooooooo soon probably tommorrow seeing as though lately the chapter have been coming out earlier and their a bit shorter.
MonsterEnvy

Where?

What?

As I said before, in the chapter where Winry is going to shoot Scar and Ed jumps in front of her, there's a mini-flashback with Scar's brother jumping in front of Scar in the same way as Scar is going to kill the Rockbells. Scar's brother clearly has both arms, and Scar has his tattoo (I believe)
*looks for image*
Ah, I think I may have misinterpreted it... I always thought it was Scar's brother trying to keep him from killing the Rockbells, but instead it's his brother trying to protect him. It's probably right before they're injured and go to the Rockbell's.

Scar doesn't obviously have a tattoo. It's page 11 of chapter 47. However, it's equally apparent that Scar's arm isn't grafted on for another reason- we can clearly see the tattoo on his right arm, and it's not Scar's at all. On his left arm, there's a tattoo that looks similar to Scar's from what we can see, but.. it's on the wrong arm. Why Scar lets his brother tattoo him is an interesting question... we might find out tomorrow!!
Nil-chan
So, is the raw out yet? *prays*
Animeoldtimer

Your prayer's are answered:
If you are a Livejournal member and a member of the FullMetal alchemist group on LJ there are other links as well.

Here's the you send it link:

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?act...D960E246E173677

Qeomash
*Falls out of Chair*

Thank you! *Runs off to download it*
Sensenic
QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ May 10 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]393388[/snapback]

Your prayer's are answered:
If you are a Livejournal member and a member of the FullMetal alchemist group on LJ there are other links as well.

Here's the you send it link:

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?act...D960E246E173677

Thx a billion! Now I'll go to bed super-late!! Yay! \(^o^ )/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.