Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Halloween!! Are you dressing up? If so, what are you gonna be?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
major_ed_pride
I lobve Halloween! It's one of the few ways I can show off my cosplay costumes! T.T ^.^ <--(bitter sweet eh?)
Cheez_n_ Maeve
I love halloween! It's my excuse to dress up in whatever I want. This year I'm hoping to be Maeve (my own character), but i still need to buy a black trench coat, to dye my hair blonde (again), and somehow make her staff. It may be next years costume. This past halloween I came up with two costumes (both originally from when I was Rachel Lynde from Anne of Green Gables): Rachel Lynde without all the "old" make up and some on the spot costume in which I "tattooed" a design down the right side of my face and my neck with black and green eyeliner, clad myself in my Anne of Green Gables funeral costume minus the hat, wore glow stick earrings, and walked around with a long staff with a crystal on top. It was fun.
Chiyo
QUOTE(MeLRizA @ May 4 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]390372[/snapback]

if there's halowwen in singapore i would dress up as Riza/Roy... ehehez... but too bad there isnt... sad.gif otherwise i can always try to be a witch, put on some smokey eyes make-up^^

Wow, how out of date blink.gif

Do you have any other form of celebration like halloween? Or one where you can dress up?
cornmaster
My sister is gonna make an Arby's hat out of pipe cleaners and somehow make it look like it's floating. She's also making a shirt that says "I'm thinkin' Arby's" on it laugh.gif
Chibka
I'm gonna be a vampire.... again. dry.gif
Molecular Alchemist
Well, actually I wanted to be Julia (Cowboy Bebop), but then my sis decided that shheeee wanted to be Julia too, and she went out and already has the black catsuit and freaking boots.../;AND SUNGLASSES!!! dry.gif Now i'm pissed AND out of a costume! ideas anyone?
Revolutionary Alchemist
I'm probably gonna be Sailor Saturn...or a Marine Private...hmm...either way, getting the costumes will be a pain. ^^
Sharingan Serpent
To be honest I never took part in Halloween I only watch the fireworks, that was always a good thing, but I like giving out sweets to little kids and thier cool costumes... laugh.gif
Grave_Alchemist
Im gonna be the scream...has anyone here seen the movie?
Quistis88
Since I just pointed someone to this thread, might as well revive it now.

As usual, I shall stay home this Tuesday on Halloween. I do not dress up, and I do not trick-or-treat anymore. I shall buy a small amount of sweets and treats, then proceed to tape a sign on my door that says: "We are out of treats and our tricks are all old. We apologize for the inconvenience."

And if you're tricked by that, then you don't deserve my candy.
in memory of edward elric
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]dude i so am, i am goin as a demon slayer with my friend we r gonna scare the crap outta some kids lol im also gonna dye my hair white im not sure about him though
Chiyo
I'm going to ignore the door, not dress up at all and watch the Nightmare Before Christmas as anything scarier upsets my housemate.

Actually its her Birthday Thursday so we're making cakes Tuesday
ed's numbuh 1 fan
I'm planning on dressing up as Winry (from the movie). Since thats the only way i could cosplay ._.
but i already have my cosplay done so it's all good. happy.gif
i actually looked off of Chiyo's cosplay for reference rolleyes.gif
Razzy
I don't go to any anime conventions, so Halloween is when I cosplay! biggrin.gif

I'm going to be Greed!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Greed rocks smile.gif
Kal Rommel
My friend and I pledged to be Reno and Rufus(FF VII) but we're still not sure how we're going to pull it off. We can just dye her hair red...but I dunno how I'll get my bangs to go that way to be Rufus...Oh the woes of Halloween. (Will be stuck taking little brother around the neighborhood)
Fushi
QUOTE(Kal Rommel @ Oct 28 2006, 08:08 PM) [snapback]467429[/snapback]

My friend and I pledged to be Reno and Rufus(FF VII) but we're still not sure how we're going to pull it off. We can just dye her hair red...but I dunno how I'll get my bangs to go that way to be Rufus...Oh the woes of Halloween. (Will be stuck taking little brother around the neighborhood)

Just get a wheel chair (steal it from a hospital), cover yourself with a sheet (steal it from your bed), and be Advent Children Rufus. Simplest costume evaaa. (lyke omg)

Me, I've said it before, but I'll say it again; I'm going as Sloth. :3 (I just need the god damn gloves...)

I love Halloween; because I love dressing up. It's like, the one day you can be someone you're not, like a witch, or a princess, or Cleopatra, or the failed transmuation of two boys' mother. I also love to see everyone else's costumes, and hand out the candy~ I thought about going trick-or-treating just one last time, but considering I'm using my mother's expensive dress, I better not. Plus it snowed here early D:
Lysander
I dressed up as a Spanish dancer for a contest tongue.gif But for halloween, I'm just going headless.
Chiyo
QUOTE(ed's numbuh 1 fan @ Oct 29 2006, 12:16 AM) [snapback]467382[/snapback]

I'm planning on dressing up as Winry (from the movie). Since thats the only way i could cosplay ._.
but i already have my cosplay done so it's all good. happy.gif
i actually looked off of Chiyo's cosplay for reference rolleyes.gif

You will show me pics yes? If I have competition for Winry I wanna know about it laugh.gif
Sharingan Serpent
I'm dressing up as a Witch for Halloween laugh.gif I'm gonna look so creepy biggrin.gif
Funderful
I'm going to be a ninja. ph34r.gif -Slight cackle-
I was going to be Ed, but anime is to little fanfare.
All of my friends would not recognize / mock me.

Edit;
Actually, I think I'm going to be Ran-Fan.
If people didn't recognize the costume, they'd still most likely presume I was a ninja.

I recently went out shopping for some second hand clothes I can cut up...
I'm still wondering how I'll make the mask.
Got the tassels. Fwee!
Jato
I'm going as Kisuke from Bleach. I have the hat, coat, a bokken, clogs (all from Chinatown, Boston!)
Le Monkey
I actually forgot it is halloween, I slept most of the day as I was up all night..
Ah the joys of not having to do anything, we havnt had anyone come trick/treating..
Lucky really, I would have got a bucket of water and poured it over them and told them if they did anything to the house or me, I would phone the police. Im an evil git sometimes, XD
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Oct 30 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]468148[/snapback]
I actually forgot it is halloween, I slept most of the day as I was up all night..

....It's the 30th today. Hallwoeen is tomorrow. tongue.gif
Colette
I'll be cleaning for my mom since it's her birthday and I have the morning off~ (ELO testing for 10 and 11 graders tomorrow morning)

During the evening I'll be giving candy to kids. Meaning nobody that has gone through puberty. I refuse to give candy to kids that I know are too old >.>
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Oct 30 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]468149[/snapback]
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Oct 30 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]468148[/snapback]

....It's the 30th today. Hallwoeen is tomorrow. tongue.gif

Ah, it would help if I made shure my closk was right.. Oo
it told me it was the 31st and the mass emails on myspace of happy halloween kinda threw me, XD

Well tomorrow I will be in college.
then coming home and filling a bucket of water, biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
I went as 'Dorky Bride' to the NaNo party, which wasn't specifically a costume party, but I went anyway.

And I plan to attend class in some form of costume tomorrow, and bring a basket of goodies for everyone.
Le Monkey
Just thaught I should mention, Happy Halloween!
As of 5 hours ago, ^^
Molecular Alchemist
YAY!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! 24 minutes ago, by my time hahhaa!!! I'm spending my halloween dressed up...in some costume...and going to school...where i will spend the better part of the morning running experiments, and the later part of the nite in class.... *sigh* Oh well, hmm...maybe i should go to school as Jekyll and Hyde for Halloween....or Frankenstein's bride....or any other cheesy science-related costume happy.gif
Zarpia
Happy Halloween Everyone!
Chiyo
Happy Halloween everyone. Today I am out in my Winry Movie cosplay...but nobody will recognise it haha. Ah well its fun for me
Funderful
I'm actually just going to be a ninja.
I spent an hour trying to get those stupid bandages on my arms, and Im not turning back now.

So many pins... So much tape.
Gah.
Quistis88
Ugh, you'd think there would be many people showing up at my place since it's a school district, but the doorbell only went off 6 times.
Ailuro
Mine's only gone off twice.
Toby-Chan
I was trying to be a flapper, but all the available costume pieces were too classy. So I was a rather modest flapper.

It's weird wearing makeup... I always have to be concious of rubbing my eyes because I tend to do that, and mascara will smear. (And thick eyelashes were a very necessary component of 1920's fashion.) But painting myself up is also kind of fun. I felt like a doll. (Though all the pics were crappy quality, so I don't really look it.)
Shura-San
I went to an anime halloween party as bloody Al Heiderich

[spoiler]I put an ax in my back because a bullet wont be visible cuz you know he like gets shot in the movie[/spoiler]
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Shura-San @ Nov 1 2006, 10:07 PM) [snapback]468998[/snapback]
[spoiler]I put an ax in my back because a bullet wont be visible cuz you know he like gets shot in the movie[/spoiler]

laugh.gif
Soujirou
mmmmmm happy halloween
Le Monkey
^ only 2 days late, tongue.gif

Did you do that pic?
or was it one you found?
joanne45
I have nowhere to find any costume (i'm looking for Roy Mustang's military costume) the only I wear is two pair of tiger ears and a orange feathered boa as a tail. Ta-daaa I'm a orange-striped racoon.
Chiyo
A week late much? And you can easily find a Roy costume online.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(joanne45 @ Nov 7 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]470961[/snapback]
I have nowhere to find any costume (i'm looking for Roy Mustang's military costume) the only I wear is two pair of tiger ears and a orange feathered boa as a tail. Ta-daaa I'm a orange-striped racoon.

only a week lat6e, and try ebay for the millitary costume
Chiyo
Just incase a n00b tries to open a new topic of 'OMG halloween is da shiz' or something like that.

So what are everyones plans? Its pretty much bypassed in the UK these days, heck the only things on telly are a Simpsons halloween special and Halloween. Hows about elsewhere? Whatcha dooooin?
Amethyst Sunset
Halloween specials are all over the place, indeed. Including scary movies, of course. However, trick-or-treating is usually something only done in schools or malls or random companies, 'cause our streets are very unsafe, and most people don't even follow that tradition. For most of us, Halloween is all about the TV specials, dressing up and parties (if ever), and that's just about it. Others couldn't care less.

As for me, I'll probably just write Halloween-themed fanfics. My sister went trick-or-treating at her school (she was a witch, sans the makeup, we forgot it XD), and she went nuts when I tried to stick my hand into her candy bucket. XD
Little Washu
I dunno if I'm going out for Halloween. I haven't for the past 3 years. My brother is though. He's going to be a Pimp >.<. An 11 year old pimp.
Ailuro
I'm a belly dancer. Please refer to the Pictures thread.
Toby-Chan
I'm a belly dancer too, but not for Halloween. tongue.gif (Though not to Lori's extent.)

For the costume party last night, I was Death, with a banana. (As per this famous panel.)

If I have the time, I may attend the kickoff party tonight as a Nudist On Strike (Which is regular clothes with a picket sign indicating the costume title) Other than that, I'll probably stay home on Wednesday and pass out candy with a princess costume on or something.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 28 2007, 02:13 PM) *

Whatever happened to you going as Tohsaka? cry.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Carnal Malefactor @ Oct 28 2007, 08:09 PM) *
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 28 2007, 02:13 PM) *

Whatever happened to you going as Tohsaka? cry.gif

It's more fun to dress up as something exotic than wearing a Red sweater, mini skirt and thigh highs. Besides, no one would have a clue who she was beyond us. It's sad but true.
Colette
I'll be sitting on my butt giving out candy to kids when they ring the doorbell and eating the remainder.
Popogeejo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImnMucno1ew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.