Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Halloween!! Are you dressing up? If so, what are you gonna be?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
wolfi1412
well, actually althe asked me to open up this thread coz she said she's too shy...

so, she wanted to know what everyone is gonna dressed up into what this year's halloween?

I, myself, doesn't dressed up, even though I wanted to have a military uniform.. coz I don't really believe in Halloween.
althe
Ah, shucks. biggrin.gif Don't put my name up Wolfi XD

I wanted to be an FMA character for my cosplay (so does my sis) but the costume's a bit too hard to make...

Uchiha Itachi (Naruto) for me this year! laugh.gif
wolfi1412
hey, I'm telling the truth.
Ninie
I won't dress up to go beg for candies, but me and my friends are doing a little "party" (that isn't really a party, but I can't find a better word). I'll be Greed ( cool.gif ), my friend will be Envy, and another one will be Kenshin.
Kokoro no Hana
We doesn't have halloween in Denmark ph34r.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Somehow Halloween got "famous" in the Netherlands, so we do know about Halloween, although I don't think anyone really gets what it's really all about. -___- Stupid Hollanders.

Oh and I'm the same as wolfie. Don't believe in it, don't do it. biggrin.gif Sorry, althe but I don't go with the hype around here much. If I had/wanted to dress up though, I'd probably do something simple... like... ...I'll get back to you on that. tongue.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
It depends on whether or not I can get back to my home town for halloween or not. If so I'm most deffinately dressing up because its always a fun time with my family.

If so then I'm going to try and go as Izumi while my friend crosplays Ed. and my youngest sister is going as Card Captor Sakura in a costume I made biggrin.gif And if not as Izumi, then probably just pull out my medieval fair costume. ^^

~ais
AoiSora
I don't think there is really anything to believe in Halloween... But anyways....

The time my firends and I really dress up is Anime Expo! But this year I have the Military Uniform. And my work friends want to dress up at the office. So I said why not!

I don't like parties, and I don't ask for candy. (why ask and beg, when I can go buy it myself...) But on Sunday I might just take my little cousins out. So their Mom can rest.
Riza Babe
anyone dressing as half naked ed? Well my friends having a hallowen party and i might dress up as riza!! laugh.gif
filimonovna
QUOTE(Riza Babe @ Oct 4 2004, 02:52 PM)
anyone dressing as half naked ed? Well my friends having a hallowen party and i might dress up as riza!! laugh.gif

Ooo... What a wonderful idea.. take pictures, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease ^__^
Here we don't celebrate this day. But last day with my friend we've made a party and it was funny. I used to be Peppy Londtide (not sure if you know this character, not sure if I tranlated her name correctly). I was really funny =)
And I know a girl, who was American McGee's ALice. She was really scary
Riza Babe
im not going to dress like my sig everyone will see my boobs lol ohmy.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Hmm, hard to find someone with such a well-muscled body, though. tongue.gif
Riza Babe
hmm yeah lets do ordittions Omakase Shimasu all guys send in there stomuch and see who has the same as sexy eD!!
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif I hope you mean "sending in pictures of their stomachs". tongue.gif
Riza Babe
lol let me rephase that guys send in your four packs or what ever they are the one that looks like sexy ed wins!!
Prinz_Zoisit
no, idon't dress up... it's not in the tradition in germany to celebrate halloween... but i liked to see a horror film like blair witch project 1 in tv at night while it's halloween at that day^^
Omakase Shimasu
Ooooh, Blair Witch! ph34r.gif Somehow it's always scarier when you watch a horror movie on either Friday the 13th or Halloween. At least, it is to me.
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 4 2004, 06:27 PM)
Ooooh, Blair Witch! ph34r.gif Somehow it's always scarier when you watch a horror movie on either Friday the 13th or Halloween. At least, it is to me.

ya, that's what i mean... ph34r.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 4 2004, 05:27 PM)

oy, that movie made me ill. not because of its content, I though that much was nice and scary, but the motion in that picture... it made me extremely ill. Too shaky.

~ais
Omakase Shimasu
Yes, it was one of the charms. It made it look far too realistic IMHO. ph34r.gif

You've got trouble with... aye, forgot how you called it. Motion sickness?
Riza Babe
i get that when i first played my internet game half life.... but u get used to it rolleyes.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
the terrible thing was that they couldn't escape the darkness, no matter how far or long they run........................ ph34r.gif
Omakase Shimasu
The end really scared me. O.O *shivers* And their "panic scenes" were so realistic, I'm almost convinced they didn't follow a real script. (at first, I also thought it was a real-life event that happened some years back. <__<)
wolfi1412
back to topic ppl!! *claps*

althe is making her own costume now.. every lunch break and after school if she can..
althe
lol, yeah, I am. With another friend.

I have to work hard on my cosplay... blink.gif Do you know how much I spent on the material??? >< More than I should've... laugh.gif But it's so fun.

Well, hope it turns out good. I'll send you all a pic once I'm done wink.gif You guys can decide on the results.

Come on people! Where's your Halloween spirit?? biggrin.gif Dressing up is fun! I'm not doing it for the candy...well, yesh...there might be some candy...but still.

I'm planning to wach "The Grudge" on Halloween with some friends. dry.gif I looks so much like a "Ringu (The Ring)" look alike though...
Omakase Shimasu
Sorry, I've only got a Christmas Spirit [sometimes]. biggrin.gif By the way, I don't know the character you're cosplaying as. Oh wait.. or is that the boy who looks way too much like a girl for his own good? O.o The one with the mask?
xrninja
cosplay creeps me out. it just looks wrong if you look nothing like whoever you're cosplaying >_< like, having blonde hair doesn't make you an ed, auughh. the wigs cosplayers wear are really odd too. i was talking to one of my friends one day when i noticed that he looked SO much like greed....the same hair, straight nose, and pointy-ish teeth. i need to take a picture of him someday and add on the greed glasses and fluffy collared vest XD

i wasn't planning on going this year, just because i'm so dead tired with college apps that'd i'd rather sleep. buuut, it is my last year before going away from home, so i dunno. i was a bag of skittles last year laugh.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/xrninja/halloween.jpg

yes i'm hiding because i'm very un-photogenic. i have no idea what my friend is supposed to be, i think she just grabbed my fluffy antenna and someone's wings for the heck of it. but yeah, my other friend was a bag of purple skittles. i actually don't like skittles but the costume was pretty easy, took one night and a lot of felt and glue. i don't have the energy to make anything this year... ohmy.gif
Quistis88
Ugh, Halloween. I have to teach that day. Those kids are gonna want something . . . stupid university has me all broke. Crazy kids . . . *mumble mumble*

I never really dressed up for Halloween. One year, it snowed, and I just put on winter jacket to collect those free deliciously necessary provisions. They thought I was supposed to be an eskimo, judging from the jacket, so I got away with that. biggrin.gif

For the past several years I've stayed home to hand out candy to the children. I was tempted at one point to give out miniature tubes of toothpaste, and stationary items. I thought that if I scare them away with that stuff, they won't come back, and I won't have to buy candy (ones that I give away).

Ha, I'm such a Scrooge sometimes. tongue.gif I'm more inclined to have Christmas spirit, too, though.
althe
Lol. I'm a kid myself (I think... huh.gif ) so the Halloween spirit is still within me!

Kase, you don't know Naruto?? O_o I'm being Uchiha Itachi from Naruto this year. The guy on my avatar's Greed. biggrin.gif Love the eyes.

I love Christmas! It's so jolly tongue.gif

But Halloween's fun too! And you get lotsa free candy for dressing up as a donkey or whatnots.

Yeah, if you do cosplay bad, most people look at you and think "Dear god!". But it's fun happy.gif And you get to do weird poses to make your character look like an idiot XD

http://www5c.biglobe.ne.jp/~cocolu/naruto-wa-top.html

This cosplay pic ain't so bad. wink.gif

Lol, I'd prefer getting stationary supplies and tube toothpaste than candy any day Quistis88. Hmm...Remind me to ring on your door on Halloween night... laugh.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(althe @ Oct 5 2004, 12:00 AM)
Lol, I'd prefer getting stationary supplies and tube toothpaste than candy any day Quistis88. Hmm...Remind me to ring on your door on Halloween night... laugh.gif

Amazing! Someone who wants free toothpaste and pencils with smiley-faces on them! There's hope for the world after all! tongue.gif

Feel free to drop by that night, if you can find my house. Haha! biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif I know about the anime Naruto (who doesn't?), but I've struck a blank with the character you're cosplaying: Uchiha Itachi. biggrin.gif Don't know him/her.
althe
Lol, why thank you.

blink.gif I'll have to ring a lot of doorbells....you're giving away smilely pencils??? laugh.gif I love smilely pencils!

Candy rots teeth and makes people fat sad.gif ....Yet it's so addicting and delicious smile.gif

Really? huh.gif Uchiha Itachi's Sasuke's brother, hard not to miss him. Lol, well, he doesn't show up much in the anime or manga wink.gif
xrninja
itachi! only the sexiest crazy-man in naruto, evaaaar. but yeah, when cosplay's done well, it's just....wooow. blink.gif good cosplay is very impressive XD the naruto one posted is cool! the sasuke looks pretty close to the real deal...the only anime character i even semi look like is sheska. and even then her eyes are 4 times bigger than mine and we have different colored eyes/hair sleep.gif;; yeah, cosplay does sound fun though, fanimecon was in san jose, CA last year (right next to where i live, saratoga) and i couldn't go because it was in may, right before the AP tests. bleeah. plus it'd be kind of hard explaining to my parents, who barely let me out of the house as it is XP

hey quistis i'd pass on the toothpaste but the smileyface pencils sound good laugh.gif
wolfi1412
dressing up is kinda like bribing.. coz u don't want the kids, so u shoo-ed 'em off with candies..

btw, althe.. is there anyone gonna be a FMA character?
althe
Lol, Sheska cool smile.gif

Go Itachi! I love that dude..he's so..pretty laugh.gif

I wanted to go to the Anime Evolution convention for three years, but every year something interfers with my long awaited plan sad.gif

My parents are too busy to drive me anywhere so I'm always isolated in my house biggrin.gif ... sad.gif It's a sad life...

Wolfi, I wanted to be an FMA character (my sis wanted to be Ed), but do you know how hard it is to make their costumes? blink.gif And even if you make it good, does any of us have the muscles or good body proportions or those perfect anime characters? sleep.gif''...I rest my case.
Quistis88
QUOTE(althe @ Oct 5 2004, 12:28 AM)
blink.gif  I'll have to ring a lot of doorbells....you're giving away smilely pencils???  laugh.gif  I love smilely pencils!

Not confirmed on the plans regarding the pencils yet. And yes, you would probably have to ring MANY doorbells, perhaps MILLIONS if you're on the wrong continent. biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Sasuke's brother? No, don't know him. biggrin.gif Sorry.
althe
Ah, shucks. Millions of doorbells? I don't think my fingers are up to it. They look pretty feeble.

Itachi pretty much looks like Sasuke except more feminine

http://twins.littlestar.jp/1/e/anbu_ita/ita013.jpg
Quistis88
QUOTE(althe @ Oct 5 2004, 12:50 AM)
Ah, shucks. Millions of doorbells? I don't think my fingers are up to it. They look pretty feeble.

Itachi pretty much looks like Sasuke except more feminine

http://twins.littlestar.jp/1/e/anbu_ita/ita013.jpg

Haha! That's all right. biggrin.gif

Itachi reminds me of Taki from Soul Calibur II. huh.gif
wolfi1412
he looks gay.. I thought it was a girl.

(don't kill me tomorrow, oh, I guess u can't.. coz u're making ur costume..)
Omakase Shimasu
That's his brother? biggrin.gif No wonder... I saw a fanart of him once, but I thought it was supposed to be Sasuke in drag or something. rolleyes.gif Naruto's filled with feminine guys like this, isn't it?
xrninja
like haku? yeeah. but itachi's so SEXY. sasuke can't even compare biggrin.gif
wolfi1412
oh althe! what u said about fred, in school like last week, about japanese guys that usually shows their back of their necks means sexy.. so is itachi sexy?
Omakase Shimasu
(Oh man, Flood Control, mind the Flood Control~ @_@)

So... how about Kakashi? *__* He's hot. And Iruka, too. smile.gif

EDIT: Haku, that's the name. biggrin.gif And that little boy that I thought was a girl, too. With the creepy purple eyes.
althe
Yes, Itachi's sexy XD

What? Drag?? O_o. Nah..well...Itachi COULD be gay, but not likely.

I like pretty guys. They're so feminine and pretty. Hmm...maybe that's why I love Itachi more the Sasuke. Feminine guys rock!

wink.gif Hey, Itachi gets his looks from his mother and Sasuke gets his from his father. Lol, I actually spent time looking at their faces..was really bored.

I love Kakashi and Haku!

I thought Haku was a girl too huh.gif spent hours determining his gender..
Omakase Shimasu
...you didn't mention Iruka... ohmy.gif Don't tell me you forgot who Iruka is too. Not another one who forgot Iruka. ohmy.gif

On a side-note: biggrin.gif you don't necessarily have to be gay if you're into drag.
Gashole
This is so insane. This thread was started on Oct 4 and there are already 45 replies??? blink.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
*chokes* naruto... *chokes more* ^^; sorry, I just couldn't get into the series. Too many people cosplay it, and it tends to make me gag when I see an overdone costume.

I might end up going as Card Captor Sakura as oposed to Izumi... wow, I really need to pick which costume to make and fast. lol. But if I go as Sakura then I don't have to spend six hours braiding my hair... hmmm...

~ais
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Gashole @ Oct 5 2004, 12:29 PM)
This is so insane. This thread was started on Oct 4 and there are already 45 replies???  blink.gif

..don't look at me. biggrin.gif I didn't do it for once.

Hmm, Izumi or Sakura... Personally I would go for Izumi because I like her better, but the Sakura outfit (if you go with her school uniform) is much simpler and less-time consuming. biggrin.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 5 2004, 12:47 PM)
Hmm, Izumi or Sakura... Personally I would go for Izumi because I like her better, but the Sakura outfit (if you go with her school uniform) is much simpler and less-time consuming. biggrin.gif

I like Izumi better but I don't know if I have the patience to go through all of that fixing of the hair for one night... and forget the school uniform, I'm doing her main battle outfit from the second movie if I do anything! LOL. I'll probably end up going as Izumi for the simple fact of easier costume to make. sleep.gif gah, too many choices! lol.

~ais
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.