Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is The Worst Father?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jefe
i spent a lot of time creating a fine poll and this is the result:
whats worst: experimen with your daughter? kill your son? abandon your wife and kids?
comment
Popogeejo
Shou by miles.
Not only did he basicly kill his Wife, daughter, dog and what ever animal his was crossed with but he did it for no reason other than curiosity. That and he had an annoying accent.
Animeoldtimer
I agree, Shou.

Not Hoho because I can understand his position to a point, but her should have still stuck around at least until he got so hideous he didn't look human.

Not Bradley because he has no moral conscience to begin with. Tucker had a conscience but chose not to use it. That's more sick in my book.
Nil-chan
Wow, these guys all suck. THe only good father i can think of in FMA is Maes Hughes, and he's a bi TOO good. Now, the one i hate the most...

Shou most definatly. Like popgeejo said, he killed them out of pure curiosity, that bastard. And Nina was so cute, too!

I don't think that Hoho has anything on shou, either, cause he kind of left because he cared, even thouh he shouldn't have left at all, but he didn't want to expose his family to dangere, even though he went about the wrong way doing it.

Pride/Bradley... He's not really the father, but i can see why people would hate him. He's pretty evil, afer all. I just don'nt see him as that bad since he was never meant to be a father in the first place.
The Great Asparagus
shou!!! is the evilest father evaaahhh. i kinda like hohenheim. a bit out of sympathy i guess. and he redeemed himself in the fma movie. bradly is just kinda neutral, and selim didn't mean nearly as much to me as nina did, but he was prolly a good kid too.

by the way, i love ur siggy, nil-chan!! biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
Nuffin's wrong with Hoho. Well... a lot is wrong with Hoho, but his heart's in the right place.
Popogeejo
THe only good father i can think of in FMA is Maes Hughes, and he's a bi TOO good

Some of his ohoto's were...questionable. Elycia the Dungeon mistress was very creepy.

I don't think that Hoho has anything on shou, either, cause he kind of left because he cared, even thouh he shouldn't have left at all, but he didn't want to expose his family to dangere, even though he went about the wrong way doing it.

Well Hoho did kill alot of people by stealing their bodies...also he ate kittens.[/blatant lie]

Shou was definatly the worst. Remember that he tricked Al and made Ed cry (worst crimes ever!)
mei_tenshi
Shou, hands down. I mean, who lets their young daughter play with a giant canine? Without adult supervision? That's just stupid. [/I kid]

Still, I'm going with Shou for the reasons that people have already mentioned. Plus, I always thought he was creepy-looking.
Damascus
Raaaaawr! Death to Shou Tucker!

I kinda like Hoho, b/c of he left the kids and wife outta shame.

Bradley killed Selim out of wrath and desperation, which I admit is horrible, but not as bad as Tucker.

He killed them for an expirement. Nothing more than curiousity!!!! That stupid *string of noun-expletives* needs to suffer the most painful death!!!
Chibka
Grr... Shou Tucker... may he die a horrible painful... *goe off into a list of gory deaths* I just wish that he would have died at the end of the series!! how could he do that to his own daughter? ..... T_T
Chiyo
Tucker, is there really any contest? Although Bradley killed his son he was an homonculus so you can't expect them to be completely human.
JoshP1389
IPB Image

Who voted Hohenheim?
Popogeejo
Well I was the second one who voted and Hoho already had his vote so I assume it was the person who started the thread. They usually put the person they are going to vote for first in the poll choices so it's a pretty safe bet.
Sin Of Envy
Aww, I voted Hoho without reading the rest..Well, at least Envy is happy now!
Shou was the worst one, then Hohenheim but Pride.....hmmmm.....

[spoiler] He wasnt even a real father of Selim [/spoiler]
Popogeejo
[spoiler]just because Selim was adopted doesn't mean Pride isn't a Father. He raised, provided and possibly even cared for Selim.[/spoiler]
Sin Of Envy
Possibly....
Popogeejo
<Removed>
I need to learn to read.
hahahahaha
shou tucker is a bastard in all areas
Nil-chan
[spoiler]Since Pride isn't Sarim's biological father, it doesn't seem so bad, though biological father who is evil tends to be worse than step father who is evil, its just kind of worse to be evil to your own flesh and blood. Of course it's still just as bad, just one is more sadistic, i guess you could say.[/spoiler]
Colette
Tucker. I'm not on the bandwagon of hating him, but I love Hohenheim aand I don't consider anime Bradley...Bradley.
jefe
the reasons of why i voted h are so secret that not even i know them. its just that there is something with shou that i like, i guess i like creepy characters, like archer. and king is my favourtie char, so no contest there
Nepharski
I am 99% certain that Tucker is winning this poll.

Hohenheim - Not a bad guy, actually. His heart is in the right place, but unfortunately the rest of him isn't. He's certainly made some bad choices, but at least he attempts to overcome them and right his wrongs. Perhaps his most redeeming factor, however, is that he doesn't ask for forgiveness. He doesn't think he deserves it, so he doesn't ask for it in the first place, although he does explain himself.

Bradley - I'm abstaining from establishing any set notion on Bradley, but not because I'm obsessed how great I think he is. Firstly, in the Anime, he has no concious in the first place, and secondly, he kills Salem in a moment of anger, not intention. In the original Anime dub, he almost seems agonized by the fact that he killed his son (Of course, in the American version...not so much). Also, on the Manga side of things, Bradley hasn't killed his son, but actually cares about him. Even when bringing the verbal smack down on everyone else in humanity, he pauses for a moment to remark something positive about his adopted son. Of course, in the Manga, there's always that chance that the man Bradley used to be will resurface.

Tucker - Definitely a terrible father. Purposefully (and of sane mind I might add) experimenting on human beings (and of all people, his own daughter), is simply horrible. What's worse, he doesn't feel driven to an extreme, but tries to justify his actions, as if anyone would have done what he did in his position.

And Jefe, I'd like to complement you on your fine taste in favorite characters. Like Summoner, I don't consider Anime Bradley to be Bradley.
Emerald Alchemist
Shou... He killed his wife, Turned his daughter and his dog into a chimera, turned HIMSELF into a chimera... and then, he tried to bring Nina back after he killed her? Can you say sick and wrong? mad.gif
Keoni
Tucker. For all the reasons stated above.

C'mon! His own daughter?! Because he wanted to keep a silly licence. That's downright insane!
JoshP1389
Also the fact that he had a sick mind and wanted to experiment in the first place.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Shou Tucker by a landslide. He was just cold hearted and selfish. He used his wife and daughter in an experiment so he could further his career as an alchemist and just to see if he could do it not once but twice.

Oh well, he's in his own private hell now.

Bradley I never really saw as a father since I think he adopted Salem just to keep up appearences. I doubt he would really bother with a kid otherwise.

Hojo was neglectful but not without reason so I can't fault him as much.
Hyugafalcon
I pretty much agree with everybody here, but Tucker was seriously CREEPY when he was telling the Elrics about the chimera O_o And I think Bradley was rather like Dumbledore at random points (Except for that whole killing thing... which was also creepy) so he's decent, and actually did stuff for his son. Tucker... ugh.
55th_animalalchemist
Shou Tucker is the worst for everything everyone said before. Someone should have put Shou into a mind institution and never let him get out.

Hohenheim ,What he did to Envy were a bad thing but about leaving his family , I think it wasn`t a bad thing because why he did it.

And Pride well he is an Homunculi so. rolleyes.gif
AMAG_Chic
Yeah, I'm just going to go with everyone else and say that Shou Tucker is the worst father of all. I tried to find a good excuse for his actions towards his own flesh and blood, but failed. Nothing he did was worth losing his family.
Miyuki-chan
Tuckers the worst EVER! He turned his own daughter into a chimera! how could he! mad.gif
sweety_pie
They all suck. I can't decide which is worse.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
I saw the topic and actually flinched before entering, I was scared to death everyone was gonna go aggro on poor Hohenheim. But after reading the other posts, I can see many people agree with me! I'm indeed pleased.

Anyway, my takes on all three:

Shou - Oh heck yes, he wins by a landslide. If you want to consider that a win...basically EVERYONE knows what he did, so I'm not gonna bring it up.

Pride/Furher King Bradley - Hmmm. Honestly, I never put much, if ANY thought into his role as a father. He tried/did kill Selim, so that doesn't get good points from me.

Hohenheim - His heart was in the right place when he did what he did. I'm not going to say what circumstances lead to his actions (most people know and besides, I'm too lazy to put spoilers on), but he indeed try to do the right thing. He doesn't even expect, or WANT forgiveness, he thinks he doesn't deserve it. And the movie...ah geez, I'm gonna cry. -sniff-

Hope I wasn't too biased, but I LOVE Hohenheim, so....yeah. XD
Full Metal Elf
Ummm...Shou Tucker....by a lot. Who experiments with their own daughter? That's just horrible...at least Hohenheim did come back and tried to save and protect his kids. And Bradley..well...we won't go there.
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Triple_Soul_Alchemist @ Jun 11 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]410556[/snapback]

-snip-

<3
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Jun 14 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]411721[/snapback]

QUOTE(Triple_Soul_Alchemist @ Jun 11 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]410556[/snapback]

-snip-

<3

Ah? I seem to have someone who agrees. XD
kojirou
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Jun 12 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]411096[/snapback]

Ummm...Shou Tucker....by a lot. Who experiments with their own daughter? That's just horrible...at least Hohenheim did come back and tried to save and protect his kids. And Bradley..well...we won't go there.

She just said what I wanted to say.. ^^
sweety_pie
Yeah I agree with Kojirou, and Full metal Elf. Shou is the worst father ever. I mean at least Hohenheim was sorry for leaving Ed, Al, and Trisha.And I have no idea what King Bradley did to become known as such a bad father. As far as I'm into FMA, he isn't even in it yet.
MeLRizA
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Jun 15 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]412056[/snapback]

Yeah I agree with Kojirou, and Full metal Elf. Shou is the worst father ever. I mean at least Hohenheim was sorry for leaving Ed, Al, and Trisha.And I have no idea what King Bradley did to become known as such a bad father. As far as I'm into FMA, he isn't even in it yet.

I agree with you guys too.. In the anime.. [spoiler]King Bradley strangled his own son to death while fighting Roy Mustang (ep.51) because that poor lil' boy brought his skull - which is his weakness. Well, he had to kill Roy.. [/spoiler]
dahomunculi
I would say Shou Tucker- King Bradley- yeah, he's made 2- but I say Tucker was worse- hoho-papa had a reason to abandon Ed and Al but Shou Tucker.. he killed ALL ofis familly and for what?
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Triple_Soul_Alchemist @ Jun 14 2006, 10:57 PM) [snapback]412012[/snapback]

-snip-

<3

More like someone who loves Hohenheim.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Jun 15 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]412168[/snapback]

QUOTE(Triple_Soul_Alchemist @ Jun 14 2006, 10:57 PM) [snapback]412012[/snapback]

-snip-

<3

More like someone who loves Hohenheim.

That too. >>; xD
sweety_pie
Who was King Bradleys son?
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Jun 15 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]412285[/snapback]

Who was King Bradleys son?

Selim/Salem.
hikari_alchemist
Shou Tucker, he experimented with his wife and daughter and his voice when he was a chimera is just spooky. ph34r.gif . s voice was creepy in Japanese and in english dubbed. O_O
Ice Blizzard
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Jun 8 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]408541[/snapback]

Agreed, They all suck
Bradley tried killing his own son, Shou tucker killed her daughter by using her on experiments. and hohenheim is just gay, He's about 300 years old and he slept with dante and Tricia wink.gif
Colette
QUOTE(Ice Blizzard @ Jun 23 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]415473[/snapback]

Agreed, They all suck
Bradley tried killing his own son, Shou tucker killed her daughter by using her on experiments. and hohenheim is just gay, He's about 300 years old and he slept with dante and Tricia wink.gif

Yeah, sleeping with two women is totally gay.

(Stop using "gay" as an insult, people!)
AlchemistCookie
When I read the title of this thread, I thought, "Hoenheim Elric" possibly because Ed bitches about him.
Then I saw the poll. I had to decide who was worst. I chose Shou, but they're all pretty much bad.

Hoenheim loved Trisha. So that's one thing that's good about him. I think he's rather misunderstood. Hoho redeemed himself in the movie. And out of these three, he didn't actually murder any of his sons on purpose. He commited Human Transmutation because his first son, Envy died of something I can't recall.
And Envy hates him too much. Let him hate him.

King Bradley is one of the Homonculus. He doesn't have a heart (Or a soul for that matter). And he murdered his son for his own sake of being alive.

Shou is a selfish bastard to experiment on his wife and daughter just for the evaluation. He laughs like a maniac as well. And I find it hard to believe he's human.

And in this order from worst to least worst:

Shou.
King Bradley.
Hoenheim.
SuitonAlchemist
Shou... i hate him
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Ice Blizzard @ Jun 23 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]415473[/snapback]

Agreed, They all suck

How would it be gay? He sleeps with multiple women. No wrong with that.
paca
All!! (+ riza's father!! he is a bad father too. )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.