Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Wrench Tango
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanfics
IttyBittyPretty
The Wrench Tango

Disclaimer: I don't own FMA, nor the picture which inspired this little story. I don't even own the concept of an EdwardxWinry pairing, which is close to perfection, IMHO. Originally posted to FF.net.

Warning: Implied wrench violence; plus intense kissing.

Author's note: The drawing I speak of can be found at www.photobucket.com. The easiest way to find it is to type "Edward and Winry" in the search box, and look for the drawings from the album of Kikyo29. To describe it: Winry is trying to bean Edward with a wrench, so he takes drastic action to save his poor noggin from another lump. Winry doesn't seem to mind this strategy.

The wrench raised high, about to come down and strike for a third time, and Edward Elric had had enough! An automail arm shot out and his right hand met her wrist halfway to his now tender scalp. Winry was strong, and the arm buckled - but only slightly, as he pushed back. Something flashed by his left eye - her right fist - and he grabbed that wrist too, and held on tightly. Edward Elric and Winry Rockbell did the Wrench Tango, back and forth, left and right, their feet shuffling for purchase on the wooden floor. It was the same damn thing every visit - he would come home for automail maintenance (or re-building), an innocent conversation flared into an argument, a wrench flashed, and he would end up laying on the floor, nursing a new lump on his head.

Well, not any more! He was finally - completely - fully - to his blond eyebrows - fed up! Not that Ed was safe, not by any means. Winry growled in annoyance, her face was contorted in anger. Her baby blue eyes were flashing a warning: *you mess with me mister, you pay the price! * She was slightly taller than he was, and muscular from lifting heavy pieces of metal all day. Edward was still stronger, but he couldn't keep this up all day - he had to think of something - and fast! Think, Elric! Think! Distraction - that always works! Yeah! He grinned wickedly at her, and as he expected, she fell for it, opening her mouth to say something. Pulling her closer, Ed reached forward and his lips met hers in a fierce kiss.

Winry made an outraged sound in her throat. Ed couldn't be entirely sure, but he could assume she was saying something along the lines of "You are SO dead, Elric!" He deepened the kiss and suddenly - she stopped fighting. Her hands opened, and he dimly heard the sound of the wrench clanging to the floor. *Success! Now to end this and claim vic - um - what - what are those sounds - is she moaning? Oh, I like that! * Entirely of their own volition, his hands let go of her wrists, the left tangling itself in her silky hair, the right slipping around her waist and pulling her tight against his body.

His logic screamed in disbelief: *What are you doing!?! * But Edward's mouth and body were in cahoots together, and they were giving logic the cold shoulder. *Hehe, shoulder - umm - her's are so soft. * Winry had closed her eyes, and put her arms around his neck, as she fiercely kissed Ed back. The Wrench Tango was over, so he closed his eyes too, and made his own little noises of contentment. Logic piped up once more: *I think you've created a monster. * The rest of him told logic to shut up - so it did.
Damascus
I wish I was in Edward's place. *dreamy eyes*

*looks around, flees*
Animeoldtimer
Awwwwee! That was so cute! biggrin.gif
Chiyo
Although its nice, there are too many one shots very much like this. Try to be a little more descriptive and it should lengthen your work. However I will go hunting for the artwork.
IttyBittyPretty
QUOTE(Chiyo @ May 2 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]389364[/snapback]

Although its nice, there are too many one shots very much like this. Try to be a little more descriptive and it should lengthen your work. However I will go hunting for the artwork.

Comment noted. However, this was my shortest story, an attempt at a "drabble". I think the rest of my stuff is far too long to post here. It consists of some mid length (4-5 chapters) stories, a few oneshots, and one long story which has gotten to 12 chapters (so far). FMA fanfic is all I can write - pathetic, ain't it? laugh.gif - but I'm just glad I can write. Until a few months ago, I hadn't written any fiction for 5 years. (Holy writer's block! ohmy.gif )

To end, here is the URL to my offerings on FF.net: The Pitiful Ramblings of Miss Woodford

I will check out your stories soon as I can - love the idea of Ed/Winry.
Chiyo
I think if you have longer stuff you should go for it. Had you been here a year ago you would have seen some very long fics. Heck, two of my fics are in the 30,000 word count mark, but if its broken up...it fine to post...I am
IttyBittyPretty
QUOTE(Chiyo @ May 2 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]389364[/snapback]

Ironically, I also found this picture posted on Wickedly talented people here! a site called deviant art; by an artist called blitz - er, darn, can't remember. So I think that may have been the original. Just type "Edward and Winry" in the search box, and it will give you - a whole lot of results. The art of the supremely talented Yuuki Hikari is also in there. The way she draws Ed makes him look so "mysterious". Anyway, I found Alphonse wallpaper on that site. He's standing there with arms wide, a smile on his face, and a cat on his shoulder. The legend says "Want a hug?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.