Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ed's Awesomey Clothes!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
The Great Asparagus
Okay, time for a random thread about Ed's clothes!!

So!!! I've thought about this for a while. How do you think Ed deals with his clothes when they're too small (if that ever happens XP) or if it gets ripped up?

I personally mused that Ed doesn't sit in a rocking chair sewing clothes while drinking tea, so perhaps, in the very beginning, he threw some red fabric somewhere and transmuted it into his jacket. And same for his other clothes.

That may also mean that if Al loses his dear precious loincloth, they'd have to transmute more of those. ^__^

So what do yallyheads think?

(wah! i didn't just make a completely pointless topic...)
Full Metal Elf
Hahaha...random question, but it is a good one..happy.gif.

I always do wonder....where does Ed get all his clothes? And he must have a store-house stock-piled in those jackets..hehe..wink.gif.

I can assume they transmute their clothes? Wouldn't be too hard if they still have all the fabric. Still though...Ed's outfit changes throughout the show....I wonder who is designer is...happy.gif tongue.gif...hehe
JoshP1389
I always got the impression that he got them from Izumi sort of out of a sign of respect. Simply because it has the Flamel snake/cross on the back. I kinda prefer Ed without the coat and the zipper/bar like in the second season. Plus, I think his boots in the manga are better than in the anime.
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Can't say I've noticed his boots, much, but I definitely love what he wears towards the end of the series! Oh, and the flamel was a sign of respect towards Izumi, the red jacket's kinda' his own thing... but yeah, I have wondered that... I've also always wondered what he could possibly carry in his suitcase, but there ya' go! Hahaha! Go, Ed! We love you and your sexy outfits! Hahahaha! laugh.gif
Nil-chan
Eds clothes are always so much fun. I ilove his red jacket the best. Im not so sure about the sign of repect for Izumi, i thought it was just the symbol for alchemy (its in the transmutaion circles for sealing homunculi)
Animeoldtimer
I like his clothes in the manga. If you read Chapter 56 he has official state boxers provided by Bradley I assume. laugh.gif

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...o&PhotoID=13011

I like his latest clothes. They make him look older.
The Great Asparagus
oh, those boxers are splendid!!

imagine if instead of happily transmuting his hairties, he had to walk into some random store (pictures Claire's) and buy pink red hairties!!

that would be... cute XD
Freeman_Alchemist
Ed's Getup Is Quite A Question.
Elevator Boots Aside, I Think He Sewed It Himself ( Or Transmuted Himself The Coat.)
Chibka
QUOTE(Freeman_Alchemist @ May 3 2006, 07:14 AM) [snapback]389800[/snapback]

Elevator Boots Aside, I Think He Sewed It Himself ( Or Transmuted Himself The Coat.)

Uh... Ed doesn't seen the sewing type to me. laugh.gif I think it's more likely that he transmuted it ^^
major_ed_pride
Hmmm...it must cost Ed a fortune in white gloves...he always rips them
-.-;;
JoshP1389
IPB Image
IPB Image

Case and point.
Sin Of Envy
Maybe he's using alchemy to create himself some clothes, but that's just me...
Freeman_Alchemist
QUOTE(Chibka @ May 3 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]389801[/snapback]

QUOTE(Freeman_Alchemist @ May 3 2006, 07:14 AM) [snapback]389800[/snapback]

Uh... Ed doesn't seen the sewing type to me. laugh.gif I think it's more likely that he transmuted it ^^

Yea, Your Probaly Right.
Sewing?
What Was I Thinking.
Thats For Tucker
(Weird Animal and Human Mixing For The Win!)
marmoura
well i don't care how ed get his clothes
but i love htem
espacilly the red long jacket and the black uniform
they're so cool

look at this picture
don't you see that he's so beautiful in them ?
Dark Alchemist Sakura
I always thought he repaired them with alchemy. But then technically they would get smaller each time.... so that doesn't work....

My friend thought he took a big spool of thread and *poof* weaves them together alchemically to make the coat and shirt.

Which still doesn't explain the pants, unless the pants are artificial leather....
marmoura
well i think that he got it from his "sensei"
cause she's the only one who have the same mark after "dante" smile.gif
Fayth Prophecy
I just wanna know where he gets his jacket and black outfit repaired. He always seems to rip them off, then minutes later, he has them again.
The Great Asparagus
oh by the way!! are we suuure his pants are leather?

have you ever wondered what fabric his clothes are made of? i always imagined his jacket and pants to be a polyester type thing, kinda like my shiny black dress pants!! biggrin.gif

and if he put on his jacket hood, he'd prolly remind me of lil red ridindhood. ^___^ awww edowedo!!
No_One
I was wondering this very thing a few nights a go (when it's late the mind wonders)
I asked my sis. "where dose Ed get his clothes?" she said it didn't matter and asked why I cared. Because he's always destroying them. duh
Which brings me to...

QUOTE(The New Fullmetal Alchemist @ May 2 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]389563[/snapback]

what he could possibly carry in his suitcase,

I decided that he carrys around, in his suitcase, just hunderds of that same outfit. laugh.gif
I guess it posible that he trasmuted them. wink.gif

btw I love his red coat. my friend has it and I'm soooo jeluse.
Fullmini Alchemist
I just figured he probably transmutes them himself since they seem kinda unique.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I just always assume that anime characters have a whole closet full of the same outfit.
DZBrick6
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 10 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]393579[/snapback]

I just always assume that anime characters have a whole closet full of the same outfit.

...or that the artist is just really good at producing the same look for each cell...(sorry, just HAD to point that out...couldn't resist!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.