Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: House
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Pages: 1, 2
Carnal Malefactor
Anyone else absolutely love this show?

On the surface, it seems like the most formulaic thing on television, but every episode is so damn quirky. It's got a sick sense of humor, which I love, and the writers hold nothing sacred. Tonight's episode was the best.
kaizenyorii
i turn the channel after anerican idol, so iv only seen snippets of the commercial. so was the kid really god or not
Carnal Malefactor
Nope. He had herpes.

laugh.gif
asunder
Aye it's become quite a favorite...i try to guess what the disease ends up being...or try to make a differential diagnosis. but that's currently beyond my knowledge most of the time wink.gif still it's fun to try.
Chiyo
At first I thought Hugh Laurie was an odd choice, especially if you've seen him is something like 'Jeeves and Wooster' but he plays the part wonderfuly. He has such a dry wit in this program but you can't help but love him.

And yes they always manage to catch you out. I never guessed the very pretty girl who had slept with her dad actually some form of male anatomy inside her.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Apr 26 2006, 05:51 AM) [snapback]386223[/snapback]

At first I thought Hugh Laurie was an odd choice, especially if you've seen him is something like 'Jeeves and Wooster' but he plays the part wonderfuly. He has such a dry wit in this program but you can't help but love him.

...even as every other character on the show clearly hates him. laugh.gif
Chibka
I like how Hugh Laurie portays the part. I've been watching House since the beginning. I enjoy it a lot^^

wow, there's some random babble...
Malcolm_X
i watched a few episodes and got kinda freaked and bored from it....looks just like another doctor show dry.gif
MonsterEnvy
I was hoping that someone would start a topic about this... I love the show, although my sister often ends up taping Gilmore Girls over it. *hates* Last night's episode was really good.

House: III
God: III
Tie!

The way that all three of his subordinates interact together and with him is pretty unique, though the fact that almost every episode almost always ends up with 'it's because s/he had sex' gets annoying.

The bit with Cameron and Chase getting together was completely unnecessary, too.
phoenix dying
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Apr 26 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]386343[/snapback]

House: III
God: III
Tie!

I thought he gave himself one more at the end? so House won diddn't he? blink.gif
MonsterEnvy
He gave himself one more to tie. It was 2 to 3. Chase gave God the point for shrinking the tumor.
phoenix dying
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Apr 26 2006, 03:05 PM) [snapback]386351[/snapback]

He gave himself one more to tie. It was 2 to 3. Chase gave God the point for shrinking the tumor.

okok i get it...Chase gave House the last point in the end...well actually he asks for it
Chiyo
QUOTE(Void @ Apr 26 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]386276[/snapback]

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Apr 26 2006, 05:51 AM) [snapback]386223[/snapback]

...even as every other character on the show clearly hates him. laugh.gif

A character everybody loves to hate...yet love all at the same time...now why on earth is that familiar? tongue.gif
Ronaldo Rodregez
Apart from Law and Order, House is a show I severely try to watch.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Apr 26 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]386387[/snapback]

how does one 'severely try' something? blink.gif
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Void @ Apr 26 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]386388[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Apr 26 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]386387[/snapback]

how does one 'severely try' something? blink.gif

By wounding people who get in the way.
Popogeejo
It might just be my favourite American show to date.
The Humor appeals to my Britishness and it's irevrence to everything tickles me greatly.
The episode where he teaches a class had me in stitches(no pun intended).
Is it just me or is Cameron getting kinda insane.She seems to going out of her way to screw up thing or get personaly involoved...
Chibka
Well, I doubt she's going insane. But you're right about how she goes out of her way to mess with something or someone.
RainDancer58
I've only seen a few episodes, but I loved 'em!
Blitz
I'm going on a posting rampage type thing but anyways seeing as how I haven't been posting for about a month...

House's sense of humor keeps me watching... Hilarious, the guy.

Anyone watching the episode about Foreman contracting the sickness from a cop right now?
phoenix dying
he thought he moved his right arm ph34r.gif that was kinda sad...the plot thickens!!!
asunder
QUOTE(phoenix dying @ May 3 2006, 06:04 PM) [snapback]390045[/snapback]

he thought he moved his right arm ph34r.gif that was kinda sad...the plot thickens!!!

he couldn't move his toes either....but he was able to follow the lights and his reflexes worked.

of course in the preview for the next ep....he can walk just fine
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(asu @ May 3 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]390115[/snapback]

QUOTE(phoenix dying @ May 3 2006, 06:04 PM) [snapback]390045[/snapback]

he couldn't move his toes either....but he was able to follow the lights and his reflexes worked.

of course in the preview for the next ep....he can walk just fine

His left and right sides are confused. He probably could move his toes, but he said LEFT and they didn't show his right foot. So he could move them.
Carnal Malefactor
...so he suddenly became dyslexic? blink.gif
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Void @ May 4 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]390566[/snapback]

you diddn't watch the episode? its more like they drilled into his head
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(phoenix dying @ May 4 2006, 08:49 PM) [snapback]390570[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ May 4 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]390566[/snapback]

you diddn't watch the episode? its more like they drilled into his head

Yes, I watched the episode. I was just wondering what the effect of the drilling was. rolleyes.gif
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Void @ May 4 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]390626[/snapback]

Yes, I watched the episode. I was just wondering what the effect of the drilling was. rolleyes.gif

Well its just a guess but i think the drilling did that. Cause they did say that 'if they fu*k up he would be a veggy! I think they did that to add drama...
asunder
they didn't just drill into his head.
a biopsy was taken.
(small sample of his brain tissue was taken)

there's no real way to fix that.
asunder
BUMP!

Another great episode! Last week's episode was sub-par imo.
Plus the preview for the season finale looks damn interesting.
phoenix dying
This looks like its going to be a decent season finale, he gets shot!

[edit] now that i've seen it, i have to say that it was a brilliant episode. The whole hallucinating was cool and where the guys eye ball exploded....
Carnal Malefactor
I could've gone without that scene where his nutsack blows up.
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Void @ May 23 2006, 10:14 PM) [snapback]399966[/snapback]

yea....thats why i left that part out, it was better when he killed the guy...
asunder
QUOTE(phoenix dying @ May 23 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]399987[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ May 23 2006, 10:14 PM) [snapback]399966[/snapback]

yea....thats why i left that part out, it was better when he killed the guy...

heh it was a great episode. The hallucinations were pretty cool. The scene with the robotic system (davinci I believe) was cool since I used to do work in that area.

Sharingan Serpent
I like the episode when he has to take over a class was good smile.gif Also the one when he goes to a monster truck show in the end of another episode...

Althought I also like the episode when he get's shot...that was a good finally... laugh.gif
Hanozo
I like the episode when foremen gets that unknown disease in his brain and and also how House suggest we should call Jack Brower biggrin.gif
ducky
JoshP1389
Bumping for new season.

Too bad House lost the wheelchair bet with Cuddy. Yet, his badassery gets him his parking space anyway.

In the world of badasses He's number two right behind Sean Connery.
ed_drink_your_milk
^It cracked me up that his little guilt trip actually worked on Cuddy. laugh.gif
Reika
Hi there! I'm posting because this is an emergency!!

House fans are 20 million watchers just in the USA, and we are losing to some guy called "Dwight" in a best character fight!! Please, vote for House, the other ones tried to cheat and spoil the battle by adding extra votes with machines!!!

http://redeye.chicagotribune.com/red-chara...28262.htmlstory

we are losing by 150 votes!!!

thank you!
Ivory_Alchemist
OMG! I absolutely love HouseMD! I've seen each episode at least 6 times. Hugh Laurie rocks and so do the rest of the staff.
Here I leave you some quotes from my favourite show: (these quotes show the snarkiness House is capable of)

-I just want to die with a little dignity. (Rebecca Adler, a patient who is dying)
- There is no such thing. Our bodies break down, sometimes when we are ninety and sometimes before we are even born, but it always happens and there is never any dignity in it. I don't care if you can't walk, see, wipe your own ass, it's always ugly, always. We can live with dignity, we can't die with it.

-------------------------------

-He is going to lose an eye!
-Well, tell him to use the other one to see the bright side of things...

----------------------------

-It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.
Amethyst Sunset
House is made of awesomeness. happy.gif Cameron/Chase and House/Cuddy FTW! XD

I love that episode, "Euphoria", where House diagnoses a little girl who thinks he's a goof. XDDDDD And he tries to think of a kid-friendly way to tell her mom what she's got. XD

Haven't started on season 3 yet though, but I like season 2 a lot.
Elderberry
I developed a liking for it after my Biology teacher showed an episode back in 2006. XD I don't have cable TV, but my library has DVDs of the first two seasons (which I need to finish attaining and watching through) and a couple of my classmates occasionally tape more recent episodes and bring them in for us to watch in class. laugh.gif Some episodes are better than others, but overall it's very interesting to watch and I think the cast of characters is great.
~Kurenai~
Man, I LOVE THE SHOW HOUSE!!>"<!! Guy who plays Dr.House...isn't Lori something..well anyways, I love his cruel sarcastic demeanor. And yah. just, everything about the show is great! ^____^
Astria
The actor who plays House is named Hugh Laurie.

House is undoubtedly the best character on the show, and has swiftly become one of my favourite fictional characters. He's not one of the 'nasty' characters who is nice underneath. He really is that much of a twisted and embittered git. And I just love characters like that.
Amethyst Sunset
Hugh Laurie is the best - apparently, he's British, but he makes a great American. XD

Yeah, the fact that he's twisted and has his own flaws and obsessions (Vicodin, iPod or Game Boy, anyone? XD) just makes him so appealing. It just shows that nobody, not even a great doctor, is perfect, but that's what makes it all so fun. =D
~Kurenai~
I absolutley love House even though I have missed hella episodes...;;
Ada Ross
I'm really hooked on House!

He rocks, and I think Laurie plays his best character. He seems to be a bit like House, wink.gif.

Do know somebody if the four season is coming? Altough here we haven't finished yet the 3 season...
asunder
Season 4 started two days ago!

I wonder if/when house's old team will return. As well as if at that point, the new team of 3 doctors will be picked and well established.
The intro still lists the old team on the credits, so there's still hope!
Kari_Neko
WHAT!? dang I gotta wait till Saturday just to watch season 4 T^T I really like house.
paca
Season four?!!! O_O
Here, where I am, I can only see season 1 and 2!!! Arggggg!!! >.< -It's not fair!!-
I get hooked on it just a few months ago...I will have to search for the other seasons!! >___>....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.