Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arakawa's Other Works! (Juushin Enbu, Raiden-18, and more!) Arakawa has other awesome works beside FMA!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Discussions on Arakawa's Other Works > Arakawa's Other Works
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Shirokage
Just wondering, is there an english version of "Shanghai Hyakkiyagyou" (a one-chapter manga drawn by Arakawa about monster hunting) floating around on the net? If there isn't, I could try doing the scanlation for it.
Senefen
Also Stray Dog, the one shot she started with.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Shirokage @ Aug 14 2005, 05:31 AM)
Just wondering, is there an english version of "Shanghai Hyakkiyagyou" (a one-chapter manga drawn by Arakawa about monster hunting) floating around on the net? If there isn't, I could try doing the scanlation for it.
[snapback]251089[/snapback]

Please? smile.gif

Thanks in advance...
QUOTE(Senefen @ Aug 16 2005, 12:20 PM)
Also Stray Dog, the one shot she started with.
[snapback]253180[/snapback]

Indeed. Specially after seeing all the publicity she's giving it in the FMA manga wink.gif
MonsterEnvy
Oh, *yay*
Shirokage, if you want, I can put all of the images into a .zip file and find somewhere to host them as a download for you. That way, you can free up some space on your photobucket.

Do you know where we can find the second chapter of Raiden-18?
Shirokage
@ MonsterEnvy:
Thanks for the offer, but nah, I don't think we need to put it into a zip file, since Photobucket free anyway... I can just open more accounts if that one get filled up XD As for Raiden 18 chpt 2, I've only got the raws, which I downloaded from http://zomgfta.duelstandby.com/viewtopic.php?t=283
MonsterEnvy
Yes, I have the RAW too... sadly, my japanese is limited to the katakana for 'ha' and some kanji from my chinese.

Not to put any pressure or anything, but if you ever find the time, i'd love to see a scanlated version. If you could post a translation, I could edit them in. (i'm assuming that you speak japanese from your stray dog trans? lation)
Shirokage
armor-alchemist has already done a rough translation for Raiden 18 chpt 2, which can be found at http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=8361 (the links are on the last page, I think...)

My hands are filled with Shanghai at the moment anyway.
MonsterEnvy
Ah, thanks a lot. I'll post the chapter somewhere by the end of the week.
N. Havoc J.
What's Shanghai Yomakikai about.
Shirokage
Monster hunting in Shanghai.

@ MonsterEnvy:
Post the chapter? Are you going to edit it? armor-alchemist did say that it was only a rough translation, so I think she is going to brush it up later.
Tombow
thank you, thank you for making non-omake thread!!
Looking forward to the Shanhai Youmakikai!! happy.gif

OT:@N. Havoc J. - Could you possibly resize your beautiful sig to less than 500 pix wide??
(That's the max width for sigs for this board. smile.gif )
I love your sig, but it's little too big, and stretching the forum page sideways. sad.gif
ETA: Thanks!! happy.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 26 2006, 06:15 AM) [snapback]386156[/snapback]

thank you, thank you for making non-omake thread!!
Looking forward to the Shanhai Youmakikai!! happy.gif

Second that! happy.gif
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 26 2006, 06:15 AM) [snapback]386156[/snapback]

OT:@N. Havoc J. - Could you possibly resize your beautiful sig to less than 500 pix wide??

Second that too happy.gifU
QUOTE(Shirokage @ Apr 26 2006, 02:56 AM) [snapback]386057[/snapback]

@ MonsterEnvy:
Post the chapter? Are you going to edit it? armor-alchemist did say that it was only a rough translation, so I think she is going to brush it up later.

She actually did a scanlation... it's just missing the first five pages or so, IIRC (because the "original" Chinese version didn't have them).
Shirokage
Oh? She did a scanlation already? Man, I really need to pay attention to the ever-changing world...

I've posted up an Editors Font Pack, which basically contains the few fonts used for the scanlation, so even if a lot of people pour their efforts into the scanlations, things won't look too messy. The fonts are only rough guidelines, so don't feel too constricted. (But at least do try to use Wild Words for normal text)
MonsterEnvy
Yes, I thought you meant that there was a *real* translation. If one ever comes out, I can do an HQ edit of a chapter that length in 3 hours or so, judging by how fast i did chapter 58.

Why it takes days for real scanlation groups, I have no idea...

Do you have a link to the editing font pack? Do you know if they're mac compatible?
AA battery
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Apr 25 2006, 11:32 PM) [snapback]386202[/snapback]

She actually did a scanlation... it's just missing the first five pages or so, IIRC (because the "original" Chinese version didn't have them).

Acutually, I would call it a "translation" instead of a scanlation because it is done in MS Paint in the worst possible quality XD

I still need someone to grammar and spell check for me first (or perhaps to it myself), before I actually make a better version of it........

@MonsterEnvy: hmm that's fast o_O It took me 3 hours to do the Vol 12 Arakawa's Notes omake page... (and 8 hours to scanlate an EdxAl doujinshi that has 30 page with like 8 pages of smut 8D)
maybe I should learn to actually use a different program to edit instead of Open Canvas. (Yes, I know that OC is a drawing program, not editing program...)

@Shirokage: No, not scanlation 8D;; Raiden-18 is only a rough translation (and I still need to find the.. spirit XD... to translate the first 5 pages from raw.)
and I downloaded the font pack.

(That's the max width for sigs for this board. smile.gif )
I love your sig, but it's little too big, and stretching the forum page sideways.

Third that.

but then... I really don't have a big passion for scanlations.... 8D;; It's like one of those things that I get bored after doing it for 3 pages, then stops for 3 months, then picks it back up for 3 more pages, then drops it back down for 3 months....... *gets shot to death*
Shirokage
@ MonsterEnvy:
Wow, you're quite fast at editing! 3 hours!? @_@ It took me something like over twelve hours to do Stray Dog (but then again I was translating and editing at the same time...). The font pack is attached to the first post. It's just the few fonts most commonly used by me, I might added to it later. Don't know if they're mac compatible though, most of them are true type fonts.

@ armor-alchemist:
Maybe you should try using photoshop? It may seem a bit hard to use at first, but you'll get used to it fairly quickly. Editing is a lot easier after you get used to using it, especially after you start using the keyboard shortcuts.

Ack, I don't think I can finish Shanghai before the break ends, that means it's gonna be frozen for something like 5 weeks...
AA battery
QUOTE(Shirokage @ Apr 26 2006, 11:32 PM) [snapback]386593[/snapback]

@ armor-alchemist:
Maybe you should try using photoshop? It may seem a bit hard to use at first, but you'll get used to it fairly quickly. Editing is a lot easier after you get used to using it, especially after you start using the keyboard shortcuts.

But according to the "Advanced Global Personality Test", I am a "Change Averse". XD

Change Averse
follows fairly predictable patterns in life, prefers to stick with things they know, routine and habit make them feel secure, prefers the familiar to the unfamiliar, the habits they have now they will have a year from now, does not like to be without guidance, prefers the proven to the experimental, gets very attached to things, wants everything to add up perfectly, desires security and support, more past than future oriented, frequently feels envious, predictable, can't adjust well to new situations, does things by the book, avoids being called on in group discussions, would not enjoy being an entrepreneur

*gets shot by shiro* XD
*drags legs back to room to study*
Shirokage
Nah, I won't shoot you, I'll just hit you with my fists and nag you until you finally succumb to the need to study or to editing power of photoshop. And the test does say prefers the proven to the experimental, so you would like photoshop, since it is proven to be good image editor.
AA battery
QUOTE(Shirokage @ Apr 27 2006, 02:12 AM) [snapback]386616[/snapback]

Nah, I won't shoot you, I'll just hit you with my fists and nag you until you finally succumb to the need to study or to editing power of photoshop. And the test does say prefers the proven to the experimental, so you would like photoshop, since it is proven to be good image editor.

I tried coloring with Photoshop before (for a contest that stated that the picture must be done with Photoshop) and it was frustrating... and took 2x as much time as it would have if I used Open Canvas... oh well, I guess it's c uz I didn't know all the functions of Photoshop... should really go read a tutorial or something...

now a little off topic question, since you are Chinese, do you recognize the two anime characters in my siggie? 8D;; If you lived in Hong Kong or Taiwan and didn't move away until ~1995, and if you are around my age, you should have seen this anime... 8D;; It was really popular back then...
Shirokage
I don't know who they are, since I migrated in 1992. Who are they?
AA battery
QUOTE(Shirokage @ Apr 27 2006, 06:29 AM) [snapback]386671[/snapback]

I don't know who they are, since I migrated in 1992. Who are they?

Ah nothing special, it's called "魔神英雄伝ワタル" and it was really popular back then when I was a kid (and I just recently found a download for the season 1 and 2 of it)... just wondering if anyone else knows about it, that's all tongue.gif (oh well, enough off topic XD)

(refering to Cantonese dub) and it just so happens that the main character of this anime, Wataru, has the same voice actor as Ed's... I found it kinda funny that when I watch the first episode of FMA in Cantonese dub, I was like "OHHH It's Wataru's VA for Ed!!! Yay!" XDDDD
MonsterEnvy
QUOTE(Shirokage @ Apr 27 2006, 02:32 AM) [snapback]386593[/snapback]

@ MonsterEnvy:
Wow, you're quite fast at editing! 3 hours!? @_@ It took me something like over twelve hours to do Stray Dog (but then again I was translating and editing at the same time...). The font pack is attached to the first post. It's just the few fonts most commonly used by me, I might added to it later. Don't know if they're mac compatible though, most of them are true type fonts.

it's not that fast, it's just dedicated. I've figured out how to use my image editor for it pretty well, and i can blank and edit in an average talking page in less than five minutes... I have some odd programs that facilitate it, too, and I guess i'm just quick at typing. (it actually took me more like six hours to scanlate FMA, but around half of that was just figuring out how the editor worked)

Out of curiosity, how many japanese speakers do we have around the forums? It'd be nice to compile a list or something for scanlations/language questions.

I know Tombow, armor-alchemist, Shirokage, CSakuraS (although, apparently she only scanlates for Umeko) and I think that there are a numer of others who have some knowledge, but perhaps not enough for a full tranlation of a chapter...
Sensenic
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Apr 28 2006, 01:17 AM) [snapback]386908[/snapback]

Out of curiosity, how many japanese speakers do we have around the forums? It'd be nice to compile a list or something for scanlations/language questions.

I know Tombow, armor-alchemist, Shirokage, CSakuraS (although, apparently she only scanlates for Umeko) and I think that there are a numer of others who have some knowledge, but perhaps not enough for a full tranlation of a chapter...

I have some knowledge... but not enough for a full translation of anything sleep.gifU
And armor-alchemist speaks (and translates from) Chinese. She has notions of Japanese (to what point, I don't know).

*is wrong about a-a, and thus gets bricked by her*

There was hakai-kun too, dunno if still around. And there was murasaki, who appeared, posted some scans of PGB2 and disappeared happy.gifU
Shirokage
MonsterEnvy, you're overestimating me. My japanese isn't really that good (therefore I love my japanese dictionary).
AA battery
Yea, I am not that good either, seeing that I only got C+ for Japanese 101... *gets shot*

That's why I love my Jap textbook + dictionary XDDDD
Shirokage
Maybe that's why our translations are so slow? Ack, maybe I really should consider studying a japanese paper or two at uni...
MonsterEnvy
Really, slow is better than none... I've been trying to find someone who'll teach me japanese for months now, and it's almost impossible. Everyone seems to know 'enough to get by' and never really have learned to speak or read the language.

anyway, being able to scanlate is enough japanese to be considered 'speaking it' as far as i'm concerned tongue.gif
CutEowyn
Oh my god ! Actually I think translating is really really slow no matter how good you are. I just started translation from english to french for a fansub team. It's obviously easiser than that you do because well we have the same letters in french and english, but I'm soooo slow... Maybe it's because we are careful about the words, right meanings.......

By the way volume 6 is about to be released in France, there have been too much differences some times between french editor and the team Toriyama's world, and then there are more differences with Evil Team. What do you think about these teams?
In chapter 20, did Izumi say "macho" or "charming"? What do you think about translation of chapter 15 page 10?
OMG I hope this isn't off topic and it don't bother you....
Shirokage
I haven't seen the original japanese scans for the chapters that you mentioned, so I couldn't really comment on that. Sorry, can't help you there.

@ MonsterEnvy:
I suppose that I only 'know enough to get by' as well. My formal education in japanese is only two and a half years at highschool. I've done some studying on my own, and since I'm chinese, I know most of the kanji (but do be careful not to fall into the trap that they always mean the same thing, sometimes they don't).
catalyste
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Apr 27 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]386908[/snapback]

i can translate. however, i prefer not to translate FMA chapters because i like reading them when they're already translated, edited, etc. besides, i am lazy and feel that i have enough on my plate with Fruits Basket chapter translations. Xb

this is just an FMA chapter preference, though, i don't mind translating other things or answering questions. it's not much, but if i'm ever needed i'd be happy to help. =)
Neo2x
Just in case you didn't know, Raiden 2 has been scanlated by Yebosh who knows when, but it's available here: http://manga.anime-source.com/manga/module...ame=Manga&id=22
AA battery
QUOTE(Neo2x @ Apr 30 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]388572[/snapback]

Just in case you didn't know, Raiden 2 has been scanlated by Yebosh who knows when, but it's available here: http://manga.anime-source.com/manga/module...ame=Manga&id=22

oh lol.... xD then that means I won't have to continue then... *was just translating the second page earlier 8D*
Sensenic
QUOTE(Neo2x @ May 1 2006, 04:27 AM) [snapback]388572[/snapback]

Yay! (^o^ )

About friggin' time, Yeb!
Shirokage
So I guess armor-alchemist can put her energy into the 4koma book instead?
AA battery
QUOTE(Shirokage @ May 2 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]389531[/snapback]

So I guess armor-alchemist can put her energy into the 4koma book instead?

*looks up with super red eyes after watching Wataru non-stop for 4 days... watched 68 episodes in 4 days.....*

eh? what? *runs away*
Nil-chan
QUOTE(Neo2x @ Apr 30 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]388572[/snapback]

Was there ever a Raiden 1? If so, anyone know where i could get it?
AA battery
QUOTE(Nil-chan @ May 2 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]389605[/snapback]

QUOTE(Neo2x @ Apr 30 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]388572[/snapback]

Was there ever a Raiden 1? If so, anyone know where i could get it?

you can get it from the SAME WEBSITE.
Nil-chan
ohh *blushes* forgive my obliviousness. Im sorry. the site doesn't work for me, i couldnt tell.
Shirokage
Maybe we should try to get permission to host Yebosh's scanlations of Raiden here (just for the sake of completness)?

*runs off to hunt down armor-alchemist*
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nil-chan @ May 3 2006, 04:39 AM) [snapback]389656[/snapback]

the site doesn't work for me

I knew it. I knew it'd fall down the moment I was going to read it... T_T
Shirokage
It seems that only the manga part is down, the rest of the site seems to be working fine. I was thinking to take a peek at the scanlation myself. Oh, well.
Shirokage
Hehehe... Trust armor-alchemist to have the scans.
Shirokage
It was Nil-chan who asked for chapter 1 of Raiden. So you were not hallucinating, armor-alchemist.
AA battery
thx neo biggrin.gif
Neo2x
Luckily I had time to read it back then XD, if not poor the non japanese reading people as me biggrin.gif, I think huh.gif.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Neo2x @ May 10 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]393145[/snapback]

Well, for the ones that missed it on anime-source here is a link for chapter 2:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7NXWWIRB

Thanks a lot Neo!! m(__)m

See, a-a? Now, HERE's someone worthwhile worshipping... tongue.gif
Shirokage
Yay for Neo2x! I'll download them later and stick them onto the first page if I can contact Yebosh and get his/her permission. Anyone know how to contact Yebosh?
Sensenic
QUOTE(Shirokage @ May 10 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]393253[/snapback]

Yay for Neo2x! I'll download them later and stick them onto the first page if I can contact Yebosh and get his/her permission. Anyone know how to contact Yebosh?

Through anime-source, somewhere, I guess... Sorry for not being more specific sleep.gifU
AA battery
QUOTE(Sensenic @ May 9 2006, 11:38 PM) [snapback]393213[/snapback]

QUOTE(Neo2x @ May 10 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]393145[/snapback]

Well, for the ones that missed it on anime-source here is a link for chapter 2:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7NXWWIRB

Thanks a lot Neo!! m(__)m

See, a-a? Now, HERE's someone worthwhile worshipping... tongue.gif

*stabs Sen*
paca
I have the 2 and 3 chapter of " Shanghai Youma Kikai "
does anyone know where could I get the 1??????????

[attachmentid=6151]
pleaseeeeee unsure.gif
pleassssseeeee smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Are more than three chapters?????????? blink.gif blink.gif [attachmentid=6152]

Arakawa (in shangai... prologe.... said:I really don't like drawing scenes where people are in pain and cry. If they're crying out of joy it's alright, but if not it's also hard for the person who draws it.

ohmy.gif Other thing: What's "Totsugeki Tonari no Enikkusu"????? blink.gif I only found that is other work of arakawa published in 2000.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.