Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
patkk the dictator/ninja/fish
What kind of math?
I hate Algebra,
love Geometry.
Dark Butterfly Demi89
MATH CAN ROT IN HELL!!!!

in other words, yes, i detest it very much...
Amol
QUOTE(patkk the dictator/ninja/fish @ Apr 12 2007, 06:16 AM) [snapback]528827[/snapback]
love Geometry.

Have you tried out proving the complex polygon problem involving sides and relations .... have you studied slpoe forms and .... ?

I think Geometry Sucks in comparision to Algebra !
esrz22
I love math, so no I don't hate it.
Emily_BrokenAngel
I support the first option U.U
I donīt HATE them that way...
I just donīt like them...
They put me nervous and releases my wrath XD
But I have to face it: The maths exists everywhere sleep.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
*sigh*

I'm so not looking forward to re-taking finance this coming year... sleep.gif
Molecular Alchemist
LONG LIVE MATH!! WOOHOOO!!!

oh yeah, math is awsome and totally fun and all that and a bag of chips....except for geometry....geometry can like...die a thousand deaths....i wish i burnt my geometry book in hs...but i suppose i would have had to pay for it then.

Oh, and i hate accounting too...but i dont concider that "math"...thats like...business stuff biggrin.gif
JoshP1389
What the heck is with all the middle schoolers complaining about the basics of Geometry and Algebra I? Thiose were the best damn years ever. Trust me, none of you have even tasted probability in Pre-Calculus so quit your yapping.
Envidia
I TOTALLY HATE MATH!! and i suck at it, too xD
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
I love Math happy.gif. It has to be my best subject, mostly cause I get all A's tongue.gif.
Hiro-san
Argh!! I hate Math with my very being! i think its really not needed past eight grade.
LegendaryDragonAlchemistOfPower
I hate doing mathematical word problems. Too confusing for me.
Menelvir
I'm doing a major in math.

Need I say more? ^^
Amethyst Sunset
I like math. happy.gif I've always loved it since I was a kid, but I will forever hate graphing and proving. XDDDDDD

Plus, in college, I haven't been doing very well in my quizzes. XDDDD Carelessness.

Ah, heck, I don't hate math, but sometimes I don't like it as much as I usually do, if you know what I mean.
Sendeshi
It's ok sometimes. Just depends what type of maths you're studying. Like Graphs. They are cool, but algebraic equations aren't.
Taskinst
I don't hate math....I despise it.
Naivete
I still have nothing against maths... still doesn't mean I like all of it.
Now that I've got the hang of algebra, I'm starting to like it.. a bit.

But it doesn't compensate for the rest of my horrible marks in the other units. XD
Amol
QUOTE(Sendeshi @ Jul 9 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]560580[/snapback]
It's ok sometimes. Just depends what type of maths you're studying. Like Graphs. They are cool, but algebraic equations aren't.

I'm sure you havent come across studying the Trigonometric graphs to say that !
Its a whole new level and I'm sure you'll like Algebra more than that ~
Bling_bling_Angel
sad.gif We have yet another quiz on math [of finance] this Thursday...its gonna be on discounting notes and promissory notes. On our seatwork awhile ago, I just got a measly 50/72...dry.gif grr. After the exercises, our professor gave us a taste of the compound interest formulae and it made our heads whirl...@.@
Sendeshi
@ Amol Haha ok then tongue.gif I'm guessing you are an ace at maths then smile.gif
Evileo
Since I study at Institute of Maths and Computer Science it's very taugh question for me... laugh.gif
I like Maths. There are so much intersting things here. But sometimes I become tired of it. Imagine, I have a few Maths lectures/seminars every day...
RRubyx
i love math. wub.gif

wait, let me rephrase.
i love algebra. wub.gif

in general, i think math is okay and since i'm pretty good at it, i like it.
it can be boring sometimes, but, i guess it's usually not? o.O

wait. i hate logic. it drives me crazy! well, i like those kind of problems, but they're usually given within a time limit in school. *sigh*

yep. i like math. i love algebra.
river chaser alchemist
I don't really like math. I like science, though, and you do some math in science dry.gif. Oh well.
Innocent-malice
I have a deep hatred for math, its the only subject I really need to work on. I still got an A in algebra 1 though. biggrin.gif
patkk the dictator/ninja/fish
QUOTE(Amol @ Apr 12 2007, 03:17 AM) *
QUOTE(patkk the dictator/ninja/fish @ Apr 12 2007, 06:16 AM) *
love Geometry.

Have you tried out proving the complex polygon problem involving sides and relations .... have you studied slpoe forms and .... ?

I think Geometry Sucks in comparision to Algebra !

If by that you mean proofs yes, and if by that you mean y = mx + b then yes. respectively...
I liked slopes less than proofs... proofs just seem like common sense to me, so I tend to do well at them, and therefore I like them... (well actually writing stuff down on paper is rather annoying)
Kari_Neko
I don't hate maths.I HATE IT WITH EVERY FIBER IN MY BEING! It's the one subject I really suck at.....I just don't do numbers well for some odd reason @_@
MaiShadowAlchemist
Yes!! They must die!!! I just hate all those numbers and signs!!! So boring!! And I never pay attention to things that are boring so that is why I always have bad grades!!!!
Just hate them!!!!!!
KingB
I don't hate math, its just kinda hard (I'm in Pre-Cal XD)
Drakeneo
HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT
AzhiDevn
I hate it to death~ D:
FMAobsessed
I hate math and I have no math skill on top of that. It is sad because my Dad graduated from MIT on the dean's list majoring in math and science, and those are my worst subjects. But at least my Dad was there to help me with every math homework assignment.
Forgiven
Please, don't even get me started. I can't stand Algebra. I just don't get all those letters! Like, let x equal x! It's really gay. I'm good in all my other classes, but just not Algebra. I hate it. >_<
Rannika03
^Algebra is ok sometimes. I hate Geometry.
And yeah I hate Math. Since I got in highschool I have 5 hours a week and with the most idiotic Professor in this whole world.
EniviD EiraM
good you asked ..

I totally hate it .. I don't have any idea why am I such a dumbass when it comes to math ?!
it's not fair .. I don't even know how I existed during elementary :I
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Math isn't so bad. Some of the equations get far out in Calculus and so on, but if you have good memory and do your homework; you can get at least a B.
Katya Martin
Math's great. It's massively useful; there are countless applications. And it's interesting. I won't go on the calculus fangirl rant, but it's pretty awesome.

The problem is that it's hard to teach, and there aren't many people who can actually teach it well. Thus we end up with boring, hard to understand math classes, and people end up hating math.
A Pierrot's Aria
I don't hate maths at all...I'm just not that good at it. I wish I was though because I find it really interesting.
black~hayate
I rly hate maths. It all started in the 11th grade when we got a strict maths teacher. She didn't explain anything at all and some people got it because they had it already and some people didn't because they were from my earlier school that sucked at teaching its pupils maths.
So we all kinda dived down and couldn't do any maths in the 11th grade and so I got something like a "maths trauma". Maths was everything evil for me. Now in 12th grade we have another teacher and I still couldn't do some tasks, but yesterday I understood things! I was away for almost 3 weeks from maths and now I understand what they've been doing so long! Omg!
Hopes up, my grade might get better xD
Broken Chouchou
I agree wholeheartedly with Katya Martin. I would like to see myself as a person who's interested in math, and pretty good at it, but I've had so many bad math teachers over the the years that I've just lost that interest and fallen behind. When I say bad techers, I mean that even if they might have been great at equations and calculations, the teaching aspect has been lacking, which is a huge problem. Math is a subject that really needs good explaining and illustrating examples in order for you to understand it, and you need a teacher who can provide that. I've had one or two teachers in my life that has actually made math classes fun, you could tell that they enjoyed teaching it. To have a teacher with passion for what they are doing is gold, no matter the subject, and you shouldn't let those rare opportunities slip your fingers.
Katya Martin
Math for me has been all up and down...

It helped that I had some great teachers. My geometry, algebra II, and calculus teachers were all pretty excellent, and they made things interesting (well, the geometry teacher made it bearable at any rate, but geometry is no fun anyway) and got us all to learn things properly. My concepts of math professor last semester was pretty good too, even though the class was designed to be massively hard.

I've also had some terrible teachers though, and my current professors are probably the worst I've had so far. Their notes are incomprehensible and they keep interrupting each other. It's kind of terrible.
MsLinn
I like math! *geek*
Although, I'm studying biology now, so no more math for me...Unless I get into statistics...but that's not as fun...
Wow, it's really tied!
KwiatekAlchemist
HATE IT.

But..
I was good at it until the alphabet got involved. .__.
kkg22104
I don't hate it at all, as a matter of fact it's usually my favorite class because I can sleep in it hehe. Math is really easy for me, it probably has something to do with my asian genes...
IceSkadi
I hate it, but I was godawful good at it during the secondary school P:
I used to take bad grades at it, and I was so furious that I started to study it as a kind of twisted revenge, thus I became one of the best of my class.

However I will always prefer physics over math.
Le Monkey
Brilliant subject and always usefull
Always love dit in school,

Gave me a change to have a nap each afternoon, ^^
Envy's Lady
Yes. Math was always my worst subject. sleep.gif
Mhacy
NO, I actually love Math, one of the reason why I took up accountancy :) When I was in high school I'm not really good at it maybe because of my teacher, she teaches so fast that I don't even understand what she's talking about. But when I entered college, I'm surprised that I can fully understand the lessons and I bet the reason is my professor who adds some humor/jokes in his math class XD
Billea_the_Turtle
No, I like math. I've always been pretty good at it, and it comes easily to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.