Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is Your Favored Method Of Posting?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Falling_Man
So as I returned from a severely long hiatus of some kind, I noticed I classified my way of posting as different than others. So the idea finally culminated into this poll. To have any idea of what I'm talking about, I'll define these posting methods:
  • Hit-and-run posting: You swoop in, looking for the threads you're looking for, skim the surface of the thread as your drop your load and leave immediately. You post what you need to get your idea accross, then leave for the sake of using time efficiently.
  • Average Joe posting: You walk in, have some light banter with the poster above you, post a little in what sections interest you and stay superficial as far as the depth of your post thought.
  • Involved posting: You quote as many people as possible and comment on that quoted section because you know them that well. You know who the regulars are, who is a has-been member and who the n00bs are and a nice bit of forum history. You know the tags for all the font effects inside and out and use them to their best potential.
  • $p@M posting: You're up to your cerebellum in game threads, use of 1337 and forum rule breakage. Only those who use the same method can fully comprehend your superior usage of the Internet variant of English.
  • Lethargic posting: You don't care about your post content, grammar, spelling, bias, brevity, length, accuracy or any other detail. Your posts seem to lack life compared to others. Heck, what are you even doing moving your fingers at all?
  • Intelligent posting: You are considered a intellectual, so you do your best to show this in your posts. You use intelligent words, writing techniques such as alliteration and similes and construct your sentences and posts in a way to manipulate your fellow forumers. You are a master of the written word.
  • Synth posting: You've unknowingly dabbled around and use several of these methods or more to an effective level. If you've done this, please post what types you've synthesized.
(P.S.: Please note, these are the most extreme of each case. Of course a member may not exist to that degree in that catergory, but the example is there anyway. Also, be sure to put the one you find more predominant than others before you move on to the synthesis option)

And here's the kick off:
I myself use the hit-and-run method. I don't want to spend my time doing other things catching up on forum history that stretches about three thousand pages or so long at about ten posts a page. I also don't want to spend too much time here, as that results in stress over losing sleep and unfinished assignments. So I leave my thoughts and depart as quickly as I signed in. I guess I've sprinkled in a little of the
Popogeejo
Lethargic posting: You don't care about your post content, grammar, spelling, bias, brevity, length, accuracy or any other detail. Your posts seem to lack life compared to others. Heck, what are you even doing moving your fingers at all?

That sums me up I guess.......ofcourse i may just be being humble.It varies from board to board.For the most I'm Lathargic unless I happen on a very fun thread.In the Debate disrict I try and be as inteligent as possible.
Ailuro
I chose "Intelligent Posting", but that may just be wishful thinking. And I'd say sometimes I'm hit-and-run.
Popogeejo
Spammers should have this put in their sig;
IPB Image

mei_tenshi
I suppose I'm usually involved...though I try not to quote too many people. It gets me confused. Since I generally check in at least once or twice a day between classes, I don't have the problem Falling Man does of falling hopelessly behind.

Some days I'm Average Jane. That's generally when I don't have anything interesting to say, but something I see/hear/sense amuses me, so I post about it in Penny. =P

And is it just me, or is part of Falling Man's post is cut off? Did someone go over the character limit?
Popogeejo
Posts don't have limits and if they did ten Falling man hadn't reached his.Look in the debate district for some super long posts.[/end debate pimping]
mei_tenshi
Actually...I think there is a limit. If you hit the "Check Post Length" button under the text box when you reply, it says that the character limit is 1,024,000. But you're right, Falling Man probably hasn't reached the limit. I'm still curious as to what else he wanted to say.
phoenix dying
It depends on the reason why I am here...I think i'm either Hit-and-Run or Average Joe. Most of the time i'm hitting and the running...
Galorfilinde
I'm an average poster I think. I just look around and watch topics that interest me. Most of the time, that will be in the art forum.
Sanzo2009
I guess I would be considered an Average Joe poster. I like having conversations, but people don't usually reply to my posts, and conversations with myself get me strange looks.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I like to think that I'm an intelligent poster but I'm more of a synth poster.

If I'm at work doing two things at once or get distracted I can come across as the Lethargic poster. I do some Average Joe post, some Hit and Run and some Involved.

The only one I don't do is Spam.
Quistis88
I am a cross between the "Intelligent Poster" and "Involved Poster". I chose "Intelligent" in the end . . . just because. tongue.gif And no, I was not aware that posting can be split up into these distinct groups. Interesting, indeed.
Popogeejo
Aslong as it's not in ALL CAPS I don't give monkeys how people post although spam is annoying in exess ammounts.Over use of LOL,OMG or using txt/leet speak will get me angry.
Slashrose1010
I am mostly a combo of average joe posting and lethargic posting, but I try to post intelligently, sometimes. I can somewhat be hit and run, also, since I pretty much skip almost every post, aside from a few people's in Penny and threads that have accumulated many pages of posts.

I am too lazy to do tons of quoting and stuff. I honestly was too lazy to even read all of what was in this thread. I don't know if I spam. Maybe unharmful spam now and then, but nothing major, I hope.
Taskinst
Well I try to be "Intelligent Poster" sometimes, but it never really works out for me. I can just be a hit and run.
I donít really try and get involved into any thing much.
Also I agree with popogeejo too much of the words like Lamo and OMG is annoying.
Le Monkey
Involved, and yes, ^^
Elderberry
I *think* I'm generally a mix of "Intelligent" and "Involved" posting. :\ Although I haven't been posting as much these days and just stalk most of the major threads until I feel motivated enough to type. Also, if I'm in a particularly short-tempered mood, I might just dump random complaints/insults in snappy purple text and run off. >D

The idea that assorted forumers tend to follow various posting patterns has occured to me before, but I never bothered to try classifying them with clear-cut definitions.

QUOTE(popogeejo-san @ Apr 17 2006, 12:53 AM) [snapback]382097[/snapback]
Posts don't have limits and if they did ten Falling man hadn't reached his.Look in the debate district for some super long posts.[/end debate pimping]
*nods- Actually, there is a post limit of sorts. If I recall, Quistis-sama once merged two of Falling's lengthy Queendom posts, and they just sort of...disappeared. XD
Tombow
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Apr 18 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]382938[/snapback]
...Also, if I'm in a particularly short-tempered mood, I might just dump random complaints/insults in snappy purple text and run off. >D
EKE-san in short-tempered mood??!! blink.gif tongue.gif

I never thought about various posting patterns...
I've just classified as n00b, non-n00b, and explosive!! laugh.gif

For myself, I'm so average, I think I put everyone to sleep. tongue.gif
(Tho, I try to make my posts somewhat intelligent once in a while.)
Elderberry
QUOTE(Tombow-san @ Apr 18 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]382948[/snapback]
Oh? You must have missed the last time I went ballistic on everyone in the Penny thread. tongue.gif|||

..."Explosive"....XDD *laughed at that one*
HybridAlchemist
i just hit and run mostly
Ailuro
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Apr 18 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]382956[/snapback]

Oh? You must have missed the last time I went ballistic on everyone in the Penny thread. tongue.gif|||

That was a scary time. ph34r.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Yeah I was begining to think someone hacked into EKE's account.
asunder
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Apr 18 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]382938[/snapback]

I might just dump random complaints/insults in snappy purple text and run off. >D

The purple text monster has been revealed!!!
so it was you that used to edit all my eariler posts concerning the gods of the forum?
Sharingan Serpent
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 18 2006, 06:55 PM) [snapback]383134[/snapback]

QUOTE(Elderberry @ Apr 18 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]382956[/snapback]

That was a scary time. ph34r.gif

How scary we talkin?

QUOTE(asu @ Apr 19 2006, 12:03 AM) [snapback]383246[/snapback]

QUOTE(Elderberry @ Apr 18 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]382938[/snapback]

I might just dump random complaints/insults in snappy purple text and run off. >D

so it was you that used to edit all my eariler posts concerning the gods of the forum?

You mean to tell me it was her...I thought it was... mellow.gif Wait if I say then I'll be signing my own Death Warrent...

My methid would just be normal posting...in a diffrent colour when I'm in one of mine moods
Elderberry
QUOTE(asu-san @ Apr 19 2006, 03:03 AM) [snapback]383246[/snapback]
What other moderator here has a strong affliation with the color purple~?? Yes, it was me but I wasn't alone XP. laugh.gif You put up a pretty good fight, I must say. >3

*nods* There was also that period of time when I would make most of my short responses by editing other forumers' existing posts...

QUOTE(Greeneyes-san @ Apr 19 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]383420[/snapback]
How scary we talkin?
Ohh, not too scary, really....happy.gif
Smoke Alchemist
most of the time it is intellegent posting, and spam central randomness. But I have been known to post long involved junk.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i found out i'm a synth poster! but i picked Average Joe posting i think ^^; my posts aren't really intelligent but i don't spam...not in a bad way (though there was a time waaaaay long ago that i was addicted to spam central but thats another story there kiddies rolleyes.gif ) my posts would be inteligent but i seriously don't know how to make them that way XDD

soo i'm mostly a Average joe and...a hit and run i think laugh.gif;;
Sleeping Forest
synth posting because i do a cross of intelligent/involved posting...
Chiyo
I try to be intelligent but it usually backfires on me...so I went for synth as they can end up any way.
Synth Alchemist
Heeeeeeeeeeehhh.........................I don't know
~Wolven Alchemist~
I use sort of a mixture of intelligent and hit-and-run posting types. Sometimes it's one, sometimes the other. XD
Synth Alchemist
QUOTE(~Wolven Alchemist~ @ Nov 21 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]476341[/snapback]
I use sort of a mixture of intelligent and hit-and-run posting types. Sometimes it's one, sometimes the other. XD

Oh!... blink.gif
Razzy
I use somewhat intelligent posting. I read and reread my posts to make sure they are grammatically correct. Then I might do some quick edits to make my posts sound better.
SCARED4LIFE
I'm a hit and run poster. In fact, I'm using the Fast Reply right now. xD
Fushi
I consider myself an involved poster. That's the way I prefer to be too, tbh.
000_neji
I like spamming...but i know it is forbidden in htis forum but thats the way i like...happy.gif
Lysander
I like spamming...but i know it is forbidden in htis forum but thats the way i like...

You will gather enemies.

---

I'm think I'm an Average Joe half of the time and Hit and Run for the other half. laugh.gif
Amol
Mostly Involved posting !
Le Monkey
Generally Involved/Inteligent.
Sometimes just hit-n-run but thats only if I dont feel like posting much, XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.