Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What If There Was...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game
_Jelly
What is there was a game on PS2 based on Roy, Riza and the Gunbu? I know BONES and Square Enix. have finished with Hagaren for good, well at least, thats what Im told. But it would be great, huh? Im sure people are sick of Ed and Al, I know I am, and how great would it be if you could play as Roy and Riza and have the game based on only them and the Military? I could do with that!

But the story..what would it be? Has anyone ever realised that all the Hagaren games include a (sometimes emo) young girl who has strange powers and an even stranger past? Yes? Armony, Elma, and Sophie? *nod nod* i think so.

Well, a fangirl can dream. I mean, post a reply if you think that'll rock hard? Lets think of a story for it too.
AA battery
... seeing how Ed is 4x more popular than Roy, a game based on the military people ONLY probably won't sell very well.
_Jelly
A fangirl can dream...I was just thinking, it COULD have Ed though, just that Roy would be the main.
Automne
What armor-alchemist said...
RizaXRoy
ya...Jelly...it may rock hard and it would be great if Roy is the main character(fangirl dream)... biggrin.gif
AndroidLust
Jelly_Belly , you know I would love to see a game like that come out. I`m so sick of Ed and Al and I`ve only played two of the games. biggrin.gif Now let`s see, the story...First of all, no more emo girls with powers. They`re getting cliche and mad annoying. Secondly, there must be royai! Hehe, just kidding tongue.gif (although it would be nice). Perhaps an enemy nation of Amestris could be revealed. Something like alter!Russia or something. And Roy and his comrades go to war! And....this is starting to sound more like a war game... unsure.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(AndroidLust @ Apr 19 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]383430[/snapback]
Perhaps an enemy nation of Amestris could be revealed. Something like alter!Russia or something. And Roy and his comrades go to war! And....this is starting to sound more like a war game... unsure.gif
Hey, that sounds good!! And then each character has common skills, plus special skills, and of course Mustang can blast off just about anything, but useless during the raininy season... XDDD
If someone makes it, I wanna try it!! biggrin.gif
Smoke Alchemist
I think something sort of RPG based..you can be an alchemist in the military would probably be best..not a character from the show...just random John or Jill somebody.
_Jelly
LOL! yay people with positive attitudes! Anyway, about the whole "Ed is more popular than Roy" which is true. LOL They made an OVA (mainly) on Roy...? Unless it wasnt and Im just stupid enough to even think that.
The story could be based on Roys past maybe, spoielr for 58+
Or have yet another angsty, emo girl, even though tombow says no. smile.gif Roy would teach her alchemy. Liek Hagaren 1 I suppose, except kick some Royai and other pairings in there. Roy not x emo!girl.
Characters would be Mustang, Hawkeye, Armstrong and more. The game would go for..longer than the others. the 3rd game was ok, but the 2nd was just annoying. Finished it basically over night.

>Mustang would have his stats average; Vit, Atk, Def, Alc(Spd perhaps). Though his Alchemy and Vit would raise higher than normal.Wouldnt be able to use any alchemy as long as hes touching water...in the sewers, which every Hagaren game hah sewers, lakes, rain, etc. He would be able to burn things around him and mold them into weapons using alchemy..Im not sure if thats possible, but Ive lost some brain cells today, cut me some slack please.
--You can switch between characters so if this happens, use Hawkeye or whoever the patner is and kill enemies in the water before running through, YAY!
>Hawkeye would be very powerful (hurray!), but her defense would be fairly week. She would only hold a certain amount of ammo at once, so it cant last forever. Pick up ammo around in crates to reload and do some 0wning. Atk raise a little higher faster than normal. Speed raises higher and faster than normal.
>Armstrong would be power with great defence and fairly high attack, but not as much as Hawkeye. His HP and Def would raise higher than normal.
--Bonus points are also added like in the other games.
--Accessories eg. Bangles(i dont even know what bangles are), rings, special gloves, special ammo/pistols/rifles, Armor, items to increase Vit, Spd, Atk, etc.

LOL end fangirl dream game..for now. Wont go on cuz Im sure no one even pays attention.

Smoke Alchemist
LOL...I would love to play a game based on the idea I gave above...to bad I would not know where to start with creating a game :0P
No_One
A game with the milatary (especialy Roy & Riza) would be so cool!
I think it would be best if it were a RPG and maybe, no matter how flippin sweet it would be to be Roy and Riza, youd just be some random chacter you create.
It could be about you joining Roy and them in the milatary, and because it's an RPG the corse of the game goes would be different for everyone.
eg: stste alchemist vs. not
your relationship with the other chacters
event that ocur
of corse my charicter would look differeent from yours
sad.gif sad that I will never get to play it because, tragicly, I have not a PS2, ):
Tombow
QUOTE(Jelly_Belly @ Apr 20 2006, 02:30 AM) [snapback]383725[/snapback]
>Mustang would have his stats average; Vit, Atk, Def, Alc(Spd perhaps). Though his Alchemy and Vit would raise higher than normal.Wouldnt be able to use any alchemy as long as hes touching water...in the sewers, which every Hagaren game hah sewers, lakes, rain, etc. He would be able to burn things around him and mold them into weapons using alchemy..Im not sure if thats possible, but Ive lost some brain cells today, cut me some slack please.
--You can switch between characters so if this happens, use Hawkeye or whoever the patner is and kill enemies in the water before running through, YAY!
>Hawkeye would be very powerful (hurray!), but her defense would be fairly week. She would only hold a certain amount of ammo at once, so it cant last forever. Pick up ammo around in crates to reload and do some 0wning. Atk raise a little higher faster than normal. Speed raises higher and faster than normal.
>Armstrong would be power with great defence and fairly high attack, but not as much as Hawkeye. His HP and Def would raise higher than normal.
--Bonus points are also added like in the other games.
--Accessories eg. Bangles(i dont even know what bangles are), rings, special gloves, special ammo/pistols/rifles, Armor, items to increase Vit, Spd, Atk, etc.
This sounds good!! biggrin.gif
Someone, please make one!! smile.gif
The Great Asparagus
=O but it'd also be cool if the time setting was a little later back, when hughes is still around!! so maybe like before ed and al come in or something, cuz hughes is cool like that. biggrin.gif

and also!! is it really true that bones and square enix are completely done with fma? iyahhh that sucks. i wanted to play more fma games. happy.gif oh welly. YAY!!
AA battery
*here is someone with a negative attitute again XD*

so far, no news in Japan about the 4th game......... and it has been 9 months since the last game came out, so there probably won't be a next game since the first 3 game didn't sell that well in Japan either (and FMA anime/movie already ended...)

as to answer TGA's question, BONES's FMA production diary has not been updated since last december (and they said it would be the last update there)...... so... it is likely that... they really won't make more FMA stuff....
Tombow
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 30 2006, 01:40 AM) [snapback]388134[/snapback]

so far, no news in Japan about the 4th game......... and it has been 9 months since the last game came out, so there probably won't be a next game since the first 3 game didn't sell that well in Japan either (and FMA anime/movie already ended...)
Sniff, sniff!! sad.gif
Well, them just hope that some FMA fans with the talents for game making can come up with some!! biggrin.gif

And, I like The Great Asparagus's idea of including Houghes!! smile.gif
_Jelly
If Hughes was in it he'd hog tha screen...NO! More Pictures of Elysia and less Royai!!

*wishes she had soma dat talent*

Hmmm....negative stuff hurts my heart...I wish some other random company would take FMA up...and help FMA fans get happy due to the lack of goodness in the movie and OVAs
*le sigh* One can only dream...I just realised...what if another company DID take up Fma *gasp* zomg..and continue it only better! Yeayah! Ok wait, thats off topic..

How about the story being about chasing some random that looks like Hughes...that would be amusing to me and the rest of the world, im guessing...Ima too tired too think of anymore thingies.
AA battery
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 30 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]388627[/snapback]

Sniff, sniff!! sad.gif
Well, them just hope that some FMA fans with the talents for game making can come up with some!! biggrin.gif

If they don't live in Japan (or anywhere else that selling fanmade stuff is actually legal)... that might be possible.

QUOTE(Jelly_Belly @ May 1 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]388681[/snapback]

*le sigh* One can only dream...I just realised...what if another company DID take up Fma *gasp*

Licensing is expensive. From most companies' point of view, it is not worth it.

*runs away* I was only speaking of the truth!
Frozen Ice Alchemist
This somehow is related to the topic... I heard that PS3 is going to be released at the end of the year, maybe they would make games for PS3.... Then there might be a chance that Square Enix will make a game based on Mustang and his gang...
MeLRizA
@ Jelly_Belly
...................... YOUR FANGIRL DREAM ROCKZZ MY SOCKS, YOU GO GIRL!!! I've missed all of the the earlier games and will definitely fly to japan if this game really comes!! XD

I heard that in one of the games Roy ended up becoming a Fuhrer and Ed was a military officer who died and became Pride the shrimp humonculus.. I know I'm slow and outdated, but can someone pretty pretty please, with sugary sweet maple-syrup, tell me which game was it?
AA battery
QUOTE(MeLRizA @ May 18 2006, 05:33 AM) [snapback]397088[/snapback]

@ Jelly_Belly
...................... YOUR FANGIRL DREAM ROCKZZ MY SOCKS, YOU GO GIRL!!! I've missed all of the the earlier games and will definitely fly to japan if this game really comes!! XD

I heard that in one of the games Roy ended up becoming a Fuhrer and Ed was a military officer who died and became Pride the shrimp humonculus.. I know I'm slow and outdated, but can someone pretty pretty please, with sugary sweet maple-syrup, tell me which game was it?

... that is a FANGAME, named Bluebird's Illusion, which cannot be found for sell anywhere except for online auctions (and you will get RIPPED off badly. Even a burned copy of this game can cost up to $80 US on auctions...). Check out the "FMA Chinese game" thread for more info please.
Annelili
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 30 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]388627[/snapback]

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 30 2006, 01:40 AM) [snapback]388134[/snapback]

Sniff, sniff!! sad.gif

And, I like The Great Asparagus's idea of including Houghes!! smile.gif

well... i dont really have talent, but i have some freeware game-making software xD maybe once i get better at it i could try this....i am sorta working on a different fma fangame but its not really working out tongue.gif too many glitches! I know! Nintendo should buy all the rights to fma and make a whole bunch of awesome fma games and then people will buy them cause nintendo made them! laugh.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Annelili @ Sep 17 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]447502[/snapback]
well... i dont really have talent, but i have some freeware game-making software xD maybe once i get better at it i could try this....i am sorta working on a different fma fangame but its not really working out tongue.gif too many glitches! I know! Nintendo should buy all the rights to fma and make a whole bunch of awesome fma games and then people will buy them cause nintendo made them! laugh.gif
@Annelili - That will be great!! Please do!! I would love to play this game!! happy.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Annelili @ Sep 17 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]447502[/snapback]

Nintendo should buy all the rights to fma and make a whole bunch of awesome fma games and then people will buy them cause nintendo made them! laugh.gif

Square-Enix won't sell off ALL THE RIGHTS OF FMA to anything. Nintendo can make 100x more profit with Zelda and Mario and Pokemon games than third party games such as FMA and YOU KNOW IT. ;P

(Also, seeing how much FMA DS sucked, even worse than Pokemon games imo, I am not holding out anymore expectations....)

*hides*
DarkHaze
1 comment. I LOVE YOUR AVATAR
Tombow
QUOTE(lemonbuzz @ Sep 23 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]450289[/snapback]
1 comment. I LOVE YOUR AVATAR
*CoughSpamCough* biggrin.gif

@LemonBuzz - Who's avatar you are talking about??
If it's armor-alchemist's, then yap I agree!! biggrin.gif

BTW, that's a spam post, so I may delete yours, and this response post later... ^^
Fushi
While it's a very interesting idea, I actually think a type of FMA style dating Sim (where you could be either a male or female alchemist just starting out in the military, sorta like the character the 'viewer' is in the State vs Homunculus oav) would be more popular. XDDD

Well, you know, there's always the internet. by that I mean, if you know someone with a lot of programing skills and then another with decent art skills, you could make an online game like the ones you find on flashplayer and newgrounds. Nothing illegal about that (as far as I know, as no profit is made).

However it would be difficult I imagine, and would take up a lot of time, and would probably be very short, and you wouldn't be able to get too complex in your ideas. But still, figured I'd suggest that.
FenZero
I think a game based on Roy and the Military would be great! At least I would love it and would be the first one to play it! tongue.gif

I would really love being Roy! xD
Night Alchemist
ya know what i think would be cool? an fma fighting game! come on, its perfect!
_Jelly
Dude, there IS AN FMA FIGHTING GAME. Tis called Dream Carnival. Not the best, but it still suits me. =D Try it sometime.
Tombow
^^ Gahaha, yeah, this is the thread for Dream Carnival. biggrin.gif

@Jelly_Belly - Do you want me to close this thread?? laugh.gif
Or, we can keep it open if you still would like to talk about some possible FMA game. ^^
Night Alchemist
QUOTE(Jelly_Belly @ Apr 13 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]529686[/snapback]
Dude, there IS AN FMA FIGHTING GAME. Tis called Dream Carnival. Not the best, but it still suits me. =D Try it sometime.
oh. i didn't know that. srry.
enternal flame achemist
QUOTE (Jelly_Belly @ Apr 14 2006, 11:19 PM) *
What is there was a game on PS2 based on Roy, Riza and the Gunbu? I know BONES and Square Enix. have finished with Hagaren for good, well at least, thats what Im told. But it would be great, huh? Im sure people are sick of Ed and Al, I know I am, and how great would it be if you could play as Roy and Riza and have the game based on only them and the Military? I could do with that!

But the story..what would it be? Has anyone ever realised that all the Hagaren games include a (sometimes emo) young girl who has strange powers and an even stranger past? Yes? Armony, Elma, and Sophie? *nod nod* i think so.

Well, a fangirl can dream. I mean, post a reply if you think that'll rock hard? Lets think of a story for it too.

Wow someone else thought the same thing lol
That would be a true fan girl dream, Im just as tired of playing Ed in my fma games, I wish there was a game where you could play as a military character like Roy or Riza. I do agree on the story of the FMA games though, they always include some poor girl in trouble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.