Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Song Hunting
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Abomination
I have a question and if it's already been answered sorry, this page is incredible slow for my computer, if you could just point to the right direction to it I'd appricate it.

Anyways my question is, by any chance would anyone happen to know names of all the FMA songs and what episode they aired on (I'm talking about the soundtracks, not just the opening and endings). I can't really think of any song in particular and I have probably a good portion of the songs I'm looking for but now and then I happen to here what sounds like Butou (Dance) or Kyoudai (brothers) revised. There was one not to long ago an episode aired on toonami where Hoenheim of Light faced off with Dante and the music sounded like Butou (Dance) but a bit different. Also I mostly interested in the piano verson of brothers or Kyoudai if anyone knows exactly what it's called.

Thanks,
Abomination
TheRainbowConnection
QUOTE(DaisyX @ Sep 5 2007, 09:35 PM) *
Does anyone know where I can get the MP3 of Rewind by Asian Kung-Fu Generation (I believe it is the opening theme for the last season)?

PM me with your email, and I'll get it to you...somehow... >_>

QUOTE(Abomination)
I have a question and if it's already been answered sorry, this page is incredible slow for my computer, if you could just point to the right direction to it I'd appricate it.

Anyways my question is, by any chance would anyone happen to know names of all the FMA songs and what episode they aired on (I'm talking about the soundtracks, not just the opening and endings). I can't really think of any song in particular and I have probably a good portion of the songs I'm looking for but now and then I happen to here what sounds like Butou (Dance) or Kyoudai (brothers) revised. There was one not to long ago an episode aired on toonami where Hoenheim of Light faced off with Dante and the music sounded like Butou (Dance) but a bit different. Also I mostly interested in the piano verson of brothers or Kyoudai if anyone knows exactly what it's called.

Thanks,
Abomination

Well, I know what I'll be doing for the next few hours. (What? Bored? Me? Never!)
Tombow
@TheRainbowConnection - Will you really do it?? That will be awesome!!
That's another thing I've always wanted to get it done, and never got around to it.
If you could do it for us, that would be really appreciated!! ^^
TheRainbowConnection
QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 8 2007, 09:06 PM) *
@TheRainbowConnection - Will you really do it?? That will be awesome!!
That's another thing I've always wanted to get it done, and never got around to it.
If you could do it for us, that would be really appreciated!! ^^

I started it last night and made it through most of OST 1. FACT: Watching the first 5 episodes over and over (and over) to hear little song snippets gets a bit tiresome.

Also, my methodology may not be exactly what you're looking for. In the OST's, there are certain themes that are repeated. I am pretty much disregarding whether or not the song matches up exactly, note by note. Instead, I am trying to match the theme of the song to the episode. For example, I'm not sure if the song "Amestris" in OST 1 ever actually gets played in its entirety in the series. However, its individual themes certainly do.

(This is gonna take a while...)
Tombow
@TheRainbowConnection - That is quite fine, as far as I'm concerned!!
Thank you so much for doing this!! Very much appreciated!! happy.gif
faroredono
I'm looking for the song played in episode 50 when Ed is dead and Al is activating the Philosopher's Stone and the chorus version of "Recollection."
Thank you in advance! happy.gif
TheRainbowConnection
QUOTE(faroredono @ Sep 10 2007, 10:07 PM) *
I'm looking for the song played in episode 50 when Ed is dead and Al is activating the Philosopher's Stone and the chorus version of "Recollection."
Thank you in advance! happy.gif

Uh...

"Recollection" is an orchestrated theme to the song "Brothers", which is what I think you're looking for. It's track 32 on OST 1.

BUT. That's not the song that's played when Al's transmuting himself (which, btw, is in Ep.51, not 50)... huh.gif If you wanted this song, it's "Tsumi"/"Sin", track 3 on OST 2.

Hope this helps.
faroredono
Thank you!Sorry,I've been watching too many 50-episode series.OO
makeit
Hey, which song are played in episode 25 on Hughes Maes funeral.. before(when they are carrying the boks and burying him) and after(When after colonel says It start to rain) I went threw the ost 3 and 2 and i didnt find them..
so do anyone know the name of the song
TheRainbowConnection
QUOTE(makeit @ Oct 7 2007, 04:43 PM) *
Hey, which song are played in episode 25 on Hughes Maes funeral.. before(when they are carrying the boks and burying him) and after(When after colonel says It start to rain) I went threw the ost 3 and 2 and i didnt find them..
so do anyone know the name of the song

When they're burying him: "Parting" - OST 1, Track 17
When Mustang's saying that bit: "Kodoku" - OST 2, Track 6

Uh, for anyone who is interested in my going through the entire series and tracking when each song on the OST's are first played, it's going, but it's taking a little bit because college is a bit more important. I'm basically done with OSTs 1 and 3 already, though.
sanjica
Can somebody tell me what's the name of the song from last few minutes of episode 20 when 66 tells Al that he's not real, and Ed is talking to 44 brothers after defeating them?
TheRainbowConnection
QUOTE(sanjica @ Nov 25 2007, 12:26 PM) *
Can somebody tell me what's the name of the song from last few minutes of episode 20 when 66 tells Al that he's not real, and Ed is talking to 44 brothers after defeating them?

That song is called "Brothers". Pretty much the Elrics' theme song.
sanjica
^^^Thanks a lot
belraw
Hi, I'm trying to find a song that comes up in episode 20 of the anime, its around minuite 15 I think, but I'm not sure
it plays in the background for quite a long time, initially nearly not hearable and slowly growing louder
the song sounds pretty much like a boy singing with little instrumental background...
but its easy to recognize once you watch the episode, theres no similar other one
maybe someone can help me, would be great
TheRainbowConnection
QUOTE(belraw @ Dec 3 2007, 10:35 AM) *
Hi, I'm trying to find a song that comes up in episode 20 of the anime, its around minuite 15 I think, but I'm not sure
it plays in the background for quite a long time, initially nearly not hearable and slowly growing louder
the song sounds pretty much like a boy singing with little instrumental background...
but its easy to recognize once you watch the episode, theres no similar other one
maybe someone can help me, would be great

That's just "Brothers", track 32 on OST 1.
belraw
thanks, gosh im seeing now that the poster above me asked for the same thing and you answered already
im sry ^^, thanks big time though!
Ogma
The music with a choral, right at the end of the 2nd episode then Al is explaining to Rose what happened to them, is it on the OST ?
Naivete
Yes it is (at least in the Japanese OST).
Hagaren Original Soundtrack #1. Song is called "Brothers" or something along the lines of that.
Next time, go ask here or check the FMA Music board.

EDIT: Tombow's OST list...
Track 32.
shoutuckerisabigweirdo
I LOVE you guys for making a thread like this! happy.gif I am looking for the song that was playing in episode two of FMA, Body of the Sanctioned, when Father Cornello first takes Rose to see her "boyfriend" Caine. It started playing as soon as they entered the room that Caine was in, and "Caine" says Rose, and Rose says "Caine". It was the weird gothic and creepy song with the male voices intoning. I have been looking for forever, and I don't want to buy the cd without knowing if the song is there first. I did that with Inuyasha. If you could tell me the name of the song, in Japanese or English, it would really help me out. Thanks.
chook1992
Hi.

Im looking for the song that was playing in the eppisode "Theory of Avarice". It was playing when Greed walked into Dante's house and Lyra/Dante took him to the room where his bones are. Im not sure how to describe the song, but it sounds throaty and I think it has some sort of string instrument behind it? Im not too sure.
Please help, I've been looking for this for ages!
Tombow
Thanks, baKa-neKoh!! biggrin.gif

Question answered, & moving the posts to "Song Hunting" thread in FMA music forum. smile.gif
natsu-hime
can someone help me finding where to download or simply e-mail me Je N'ai Pas De Mots by Vic Mignogna? thanks!
AshleyDuran
There is this one song i've searched for constantly and have questioned whether it really exists or not.

No one has mentione dit in any of the posts I read as far I know its played 4 times in the series.

One of the exact time it plays is in Episode 41 Holy Mother about 4 minutes 36 second into the episode Scar is Preaching to the crowd with Rose by his side and a song is playing that is similiar to the song Ishbal but its alot better.

Its basicially like chanting but its pretty cool.

It also plays the first time Scar has the memory of his brother walking out of the house naked with the symbols covering his body.

I have searched alot for this one and wondering if anyone knows what it is. Thanks.
bibelan
The song i'm searching for plays in ep 46, near the end, when Izumi and Ed are talking inside Dante's house. Any clues, ideas?
Avir Peri
Does anyone have the ending credits song of FMA game2 - Curse of the Crimson Elixir? The song is called "Wishing". And, if it's possible at all, can you help me finding Game 2 soundtracks, at least some of them?
Thanks happy.gif
Draego9639
QUOTE (Quistis88 @ Apr 12 2006, 06:53 PM) *
There used to be another "Song Hunting" thread, but it disappeared somewhere, so here's the new one.

If you are looking for a song, but you don't know the name, please give us the one or more of following pieces of information to help us assist you easier:

- Episode the song appears in
- Scene in the episode the song plays in
- What the song sounds like (genre, instruments used, etc.)

Anyone who can help the person requesting for the song name may post. NO DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE PERMITTED.

ALL SUBSEQUENT REQUESTS THAT APPEAR AS NEW TOPICS IN THIS FORUM WILL BE MERGED WITH THIS THREAD.

episode:14 right hand of destruction
kind of in the 2/3 part of the episode, when life alchemist is talking to ed about the Ishbalan massacre, it has a harmonica in it, it is right after the commercial break, with the little logo in the corner. if you could please email me the name at Me9639@Gmail.com, i would be really grateful, i have been trying to figure out the name of it for over a year. thanks
Munou_No_MustangTaisa
Mustang and Hawkeye In the Rain Parody (Romi, Rie and Ohkawa)

Hello minna san, Paloooooooo~~~~~~~~:-)

I am looking for Mustang and Hawkeye In the Rain Parody (Romi, Rie and Ohkawa)
This was a funny clip from Hagaren Housoukyoku sung by the CVs of Edo, Aru and Roy

I would like to kindly ask for some help in finding this clip

I would be glad to send you back hagaren drama cds or djcds in mp3 format in return

Thanks so much~

Munou_No_Taisa
Blysse
Hey, I'm looking for Vic Mignogna's version of 'Brothers' as well as the movie soundtrack.

Feel free to PM me, or add my MSN to talk to me.
Agalloch
Sorry if this may have been posted before, but I've been searching for a while with no luck. What's the name of the military-drumming-sounding track that plays at the credits of episode 25 (Words of Farewell). I won't describe the episode as I'm not sure on the spoiler policies of this site yet and wouldn't want to be a douchebag, but the credits are black-and-white instead of the upbeat credit music, and it's replaced with the drumming track. Thank you. biggrin.gif

(And I just saw the sticky...Sorry for the unneeded topic, I'll try posting there)
Agalloch
Post edited - Found what I was looking for, thanks. tongue.gif
Syntax Error
Hello i'm looking for this track played some times in the anime series with a kind of choir singing. one time its played is in episode 13 - Fullmetal VS. Flame at the end where Scar kills a soldier in an alley.
Makika
What's the name of the song in the video of FMA 2 season? (The video is in the home page of this site, it's in the middle of them)

Thanks.
Tombow
QUOTE (Makika @ Mar 15 2009, 01:09 AM) *
What's the name of the song in the video of FMA 2 season? (The video is in the home page of this site, it's in the middle of them)

Thanks.

@Makika - If we're thinking the same promo vid (I hope so ^^) then the song is "Uso (Lie)" by Sid. It's a new song and for now we only know the part we hear in that vid, and Kasumisty kindly did the translation for the part of the song we hear in the vid and posted here. The song is going to be the ending theme for the new FMA-2 series, and the song itself will be released on April 29. For more info on FMA-2, including music for FMA-2 you can check out our FMA-2 forum. We'll add more info there as we get hold of more news. smile.gif
Makika
Oh, thanks biggrin.gif
Nilolo
Does anyone know where I can find the song that is played the last scene of episode 12?
Or what the soudtrack is called?
Thanks
Miverel
I'm not looking for a song file itself but I hunt for translated lyrics to 'Trance to Homunculus'. I know that they're only quotes from anime, but I'd love to know what are they saying...
Thank you a lot in advance~!
neostigma
QUOTE (Syntax Error @ Feb 19 2009, 12:03 AM) *
Hello i'm looking for this track played some times in the anime series with a kind of choir singing. one time its played is in episode 13 - Fullmetal VS. Flame at the end where Scar kills a soldier in an alley.

I have seen people calling it "Kei" or "Devotion" although it isn't that version...
The version i have been told has instruments but the one i think you are looking for is the voices only isn't it ?
I am looking for it also but do not know if it exists. ohmy.gif
sidekick.kep37
I browsed through my iPod and I think the song you're looking for is called "patriotism". of course, composed by Michiru Oshima.
Tombow
^ Thanks, sidekick.kep37!!

@Agalloch - Since you already found out about the sticked thread, I can move your post there. biggrin.gif
Also, check out the thread. I kind of think others have already asked this, and you may find discussion on this on that thread. ^^

Done. Thread merged. smile.gif
neostigma
QUOTE (Syntax Error @ Feb 19 2009, 12:03 AM) *

Hey all. i was wondering if you guys knew where i could find the "Angelic" theme of the song devotion.
This song is either played when scar is killing an alchemist or when scar discovers his brother after the "Abomination" he has made.

If anyone knew the name or where to find that version of the song " without the intruments in the background i will be extremly thankfull smile.gif
Tombow
Merged neostigma's thread here. smile.gif
Vagrant
What's the name of the song that also played in Fullmetal versus Flame when Roy is talking about Ishbal to Ed?

It's harmonica-esque. And I think it played in another episode where Roy was talking to Hughes in a bar.

If anyone could tell me, it'd be appreciated.
Tombow
QUOTE (Vagrant @ May 20 2009, 11:22 AM) *
What's the name of the song that also played in Fullmetal versus Flame when Roy is talking about Ishbal to Ed?

It's harmonica-esque. And I think it played in another episode where Roy was talking to Hughes in a bar.

If anyone could tell me, it'd be appreciated.

I think that one was asked numerous times (yet I can't remember the answer at the moment. XDD) Anyway, if you go through this thread, I think the answer is somewhere on this thread. biggrin.gif

If anyone would like to volunteer to go through this thread, and make a list of FMA Soundtrack FAQ, that would be very much appreciated!! biggrin.gif
Vagrant
Ah, it was mentioned around page 20. Regret/Koukai. On the third OST.

Which would explain why I couldn't find it. I didn't even know there WAS a third soundtrack. >_<
Seyss
I'm looking for the song that plays when the Elric brothers first meet (or rather are attacked by) the 'masked man' on the island (episode 28). Here's a YouTube video of that scene:

Video

Is it really not on the OSTs, or did I not look properly through them?

Any help is appreciated smile.gif
Tombow
@Seyss - Just so that you wouldn't feel like your post has been ignored.. in the absence of our usual "FMA music guru" on the board right now, I'm not much of the substitute for this area, but I did check the Youtube video on the link. However, I couldn't hear any BG... Is there supposed to be any music in that scene?? unsure.gif I assume there is, since you posted so... but I don't have the best computer for watching Youtube vids right now, and if you can tell us exactly where on the vid we hear the music you're looking for (tell us by how many minutes & seconds into the vid) that may help. ^^
Seyss
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 3 2009, 11:48 AM) *
@Seyss - Just so that you wouldn't feel like your post has been ignored.. in the absence of our usual "FMA music guru" on the board right now, I'm not much of the substitute for this area, but I did check the Youtube video on the link. However, I couldn't hear any BG... Is there supposed to be any music in that scene?? unsure.gif I assume there is, since you posted so... but I don't have the best computer for watching Youtube vids right now, and if you can tell us exactly where on the vid we hear the music you're looking for (tell us by how many minutes & seconds into the vid) that may help. ^^

Oops, you're right, I should have been more specific smile.gif The song I'm referring to starts at 0:45.

Thank you!
Tombow
@Seyss - Thanks for the additional info! Yes, that helped, and I hear it this time.. unfortunately, as I mentioned, my computer is currently in a bad shape for enjoying music, and I could hardly hear the tune, but... is that the variation of Dante Theme, "pint-sized alchemist" version?? ...I think "Dante's Theme" is included in 2nd OST, although "pint-sized alchemist" version is not in 2nd OST. ... maybe you can check it out and see if this is the one?
Else, hopefully, some FMA music guru can help us out with more definite answer on this one. biggrin.gif
Seyss
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 4 2009, 07:44 PM) *
@Seyss - Thanks for the additional info! Yes, that helped, and I hear it this time.. unfortunately, as I mentioned, my computer is currently in a bad shape for enjoying music, and I could hardly hear the tune, but... is that the variation of Dante Theme, "pint-sized alchemist" version?? ...I think "Dante's Theme" is included in 2nd OST, although "pint-sized alchemist" version is not in 2nd OST. ... maybe you can check it out and see if this is the one?
Else, hopefully, some FMA music guru can help us out with more definite answer on this one. biggrin.gif

The song is proving rather difficult to find ohmy.gif Part of it sounds a bit like Pint-sized Alchemist, indeed, but then the vocals have a tribal ring to them... I'm stumped.

Thank you so much for helping me out! smile.gif
Tombow
^ You're welcome! If I run inot more info I will post here. Or, hopefully some others can give us better info. ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.