Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Kind Of Feel Bad For Hiromu Arakawa.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
Lunchbox
<Edited the thread title and added sub-title "On Ed fangirls, shirtless Ed fanart, and other observations.." to show what is being discussed on this thread, since the main title does not clearly spell out what is being discussed. Hope that's ok.^^ 02/03/07 ~Tombow>

NOTE: This is coming from the mouth of an Edward Elric fangirl. No, I'm not a hypocrite. Just, stating what I think. biggrin.gif

Poor, Poor Hiromu. =/

As we all know, Edward Elric has almost a gajillion fangirls now. He's probably had fangirls since 1899. When he was born. o__o Anyways...

Fangirls are known to swoon, sigh, and cry out, "That's sexy!"

But what I noticed is that most of the pictures are of Edward in just his boxers, Edward showering, etc. etc.

=/ Can't they appreciate Edward when he's fully clothed? He's a beautiful character, and he's got great posture. Sure, his attitude may need to have a little work done, but that's what makes him unique. He also has many talents. But everyone just likes it when he wears less clothes then what men usually wear. Just because he looks good doesn't mean that you should all swarm to him. =/

And I understand Hiromu probably adds those 'sexy' scenes in for alot of the fangirls, but...

Why not when he's normal Edward?

Quote from Hiromu Arakawa, The art of FullMetal Alchemist, Page 94: "Another thing that I noticed was "Boy, the man character sure takes off his clothes alot." Of course, if I want to draw his auto-mail, then I have to make them take off his clothes. But maybe he strips more than Major Armstrong? Is Edward a stripper? No, guys always walk around their room only wearing their underwear."

Maybe there's some hidden reason. o: But her main point is that she wants to draw his auto-mail. So, shouldn't we all be paying attention to his auto-mail? o:
Tombow
@Lunchbox - Since you are Ed fangirl yourself, I dare you to post this on Ed fanclub thread!! laugh.gif
(You probably get more "response" from other Ed fans there. biggrin.gif )

Yap, you should stand up as a true Ed fan!!
(Gahaha, easy for me to say!! laugh.gif )
*slowly backs out the thread before other Ed fans get here* XDDDD

(ETA: Thanks Mod-sama for moving this to Character discussion forum. happy.gif)
Lunchbox
I hope I didn't post in the wrong place. .__.

But, I was afraid if I did, I would have gotten killed faster than Edward is short. .__.;;
JoshP1389
This topic is made of truth and win.
Lunchbox
^ Glad you think so! ^__^ ^

I just can't wait until someone comes in saying, "ong!1 lyk tat's not tru!! i luv ed 4 who he iz!! i just lyk him betr with his shirtz off!"

=/
Colette
Lunchbox, I now have loads of respect for you. I really, really don't like anime Ed, but I love manga Ed. It's hard to be a fan of his when everyone's begging for fan service. I don't WANT fanservice, I want to see cool fights with him in it =D

I also think he looks better with his shirt on, for some reason >>
Lunchbox
Thank you so much, Summoner Colette! biggrin.gif

I'm just trying to state a point. Acually, I wasn't expecting positive feedback. xD
Nil-chan
QUOTE(Lunchbox @ Apr 12 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]379376[/snapback]

^ Glad you think so! ^__^ ^

I just can't wait until someone comes in saying, "ong!1 lyk tat's not tru!! i luv ed 4 who he iz!! i just lyk him betr with his shirtz off!"

=/

haha, thats sweet. i love ed. he'a amazing, even though i don't really think he's hot. he rocks my world...
Lunchbox
Oi, I like everything about him.

Acually, I didn't even know what he looked like when I was first watching FullMetal Alchemist.

"Turn the TV down! Who the heck is yelling?"

@__@ I was then totally hooked...
Nil-chan
I love him to death, don't get me wrong. i like a lot about him, just (sorry,) hes got nothing on roy. *dodges bullets and grenades of ed fans*

He's a sweet guy, i loved him when i heard his voice (subbed, not dubbed, cause in dubbed he sounds like a drowning monkey. eeww. i hate dubbed. it kills all emotion)(soory about that, when i get going i can't stop) but yeah, he does have a sexy voice. And, it was Ed who got me hooked on FMA also....
Lunchbox
Oh, don't diss Vic. xD I love Edward's voice in English.

He's an amazing character. Too bad looks control almost /everything/ in fangirl minds. ><;
Full Metal Elf
I LOVE Vic too...I think he adds a lot of emotion to Ed. I like both versions....dubbed and subbed..can't choose. Especially the episodes towards the end, where the dub was flawless..(except the last episode tongue.gif).

And Ed rocks....he's one of my fav. characters ever...happy.gif.
Fontine_the_crazy_alchemist
please dont dis Vic he is awesome sucks that he wont be at the covention im going to this year unsure.gif . But i do agree with you i love ed with his shrit on or off it dosent really matter i love his Face mostly. so i have no bad comments to give you.
Arrowhead Alchemist
I agree w/ everyone who commented, and it's true! laugh.gif
Lunchbox
Thanks all you guys for your positive support! biggrin.gif

I'm so glad everyone agrees. ^__^
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Apr 12 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]379654[/snapback]
Especially the episodes towards the end, where the dub was flawless.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

...mellow.gif

Uh... yeah. Even with some excellent scripting, the dub still does make a couple of prominent retarded mistakes in the last few episodes. (Not that the original did any better with all its continuity errors.) Aaron Dimsuke still did a sucky job all the way to the end. sleep.gif So dissappointing.

On topic?

Eh, Yeah. I like Ed as a character. Never really saw him on a crush level through the series; more of a cute little brother type of appreciation. Although his matured appearance in the end/movie kinda freaked the heck out of me, since all of the sudden he actually started looking like a rather attractive guy in my eyes, and I was a little worried about seeing him differently if I ever started watching through fangirls' point of view.
Lunchbox
I do believe Edward Elric is handsome. He's strong emotionally and physically, and yes, his maturity does shine through very beautifully. If you've noticed; his anger level has toned down /alot/. He's a very unique character, and I guess I can relate to him. Maybe that's why he's so admireable. Maybe he's a rolemodel. :3

But girls who are just like, "OMG HIS SHIRTZ OFF! HE'S SO SEXII!" upset me. Hiromu Arakawa likes talking about Ed's personality, not his looks as much. I just get the feeling that his true beauty is corrupted. =/
Nil-chan
ok, sorry if i offened anyone when i say i hate ed's english voice, i just do. i can't stand dubs. but i think, of all dubs fma must be one of the better... i guess....
Keoni
I have to say, when i first saw Ed shirt-less (shower scene) I was like Whoohoo! laugh.gif He looked really cute..
but I like him with shirt too. Ed is Ed you know, with or without the shirt.

*would like to see roy Mustang Shirt-less... Oew, bad, bad thoughts rolleyes.gif

As for the dubbs, I love the dubbs, I think Vic brings a kind of energy to Ed with his voice.
With Roy I'm not sure. I like what Toru did with subb-Roy, but my heart just broke when Travis did the Grave Scene. There was so much emotion in his voice. It was sad, but beautiful. Toru's approch to the scene was more stoic.

Nil_chan, don't worry about it! You're entitled to your opinion, right? happy.gif
Nil-chan
*would like to see roy Mustang Shirt-less... Oew, bad, bad thoughts

*nods viggorously* Heck yes!

as for subbs and dubbs, lets just all read the manga and give them what ever voice we like. happy.gif
Arrowhead Alchemist
Yeah, Ed is cute, but not only that: all teh other reasons are correct too happy.gif I'm a Edo fan meself anywayz tongue.gif

Maybe fangirls do like him for those reasons too, but <3 to say " I LOVE EDWARD!!!!! X3!!! " or" HE'S SO SMEXY!!!! " because they can't scream it in real life? blink.gif ....Or maybe some are just freakishly obssessed?

I <3 how Vic gives Ed's voice! It's the best guy voice I've ever heard! :3
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 12 2006, 11:26 PM) [snapback]379777[/snapback]

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Apr 12 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]379654[/snapback]
Especially the episodes towards the end, where the dub was flawless.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

...mellow.gif

Uh... yeah. Even with some excellent scripting, the dub still does make a couple of prominent retarded mistakes in the last few episodes. (Not that the original did any better with all its continuity errors.) Aaron Dimsuke still did a sucky job all the way to the end. sleep.gif So dissappointing.

Well, I was refering to most the script. There were minor changes, but I didn't think they were a big deal. And no, Aaron isn't the greatest, but I think he's not bad. And Vic and Travis rock...happy.gif
Nil-chan
^^ no comment.

Maybe fangirls do like him for those reasons too, but <3 to say " I LOVE EDWARD!!!!! X3!!! " or" HE'S SO SMEXY!!!! " because they can't scream it in real life? ....Or maybe some are just freakishly obssessed?

i can understand that... i only rant about anime/manga online, hardly in real life, so i'd se why they'd do that.
dark_insanity_13
i agree. all most fangirls seem to think about is how he looks. some MAY think about how he acts, but they don't look very deeply into it and think whatever the hell they want to think.
i'm an Ed fangirl too wink.gif you're not alone in this. i also feel sorry for Hiromu. but i doubt the stripping thing is for the fanservice, i think it's more for the humour or the story. or to show off Ed's automail, as she said (did you know that the online manga reader thinks Hiromu is a guy? this confused me and had to go through several sources to make sure she's a girl XD)
i appreciate Ed clothed and shirtless. maybe pantsless if he has underwear on, but NEVER naked >.< i'm not THAT bad. but i don't just appreciate Ed for his looks. when i see Ed and his antics, i almost see a bit of myself in him, bad attitude, short temper and all. that's why i like him. i mostly appreciate Ed for his actual character. unlike some shallow fangirls, if Ed was scrawny, and not at all hot or handsome, i would probably like him anyway for his personality.

but i like the fact Hiromu strips him on occasion to show off his automail. i like that not just for the six-pack (heh-heh...drool...), but the detail in the automail. i admit, i have a bit of Winry in myself too. i'll look at some things and wonder how they work. then i get tempted to take them apart to see how they work. it's the same with automail. i wanna see how it works, how they manage to get the nerves to connect, how everything moves, and all that. it's all so...interesting biggrin.gif

i'm gonna stop now before i create a page all on my own.
snwbnny
dark_insanity_13
: -Nods- I agree with everything you just said. o.o

I absolutely love Ed's personality. And... I love his outfit. xD I love everything about him. (Sounds freakishly obsessed) O_O Not to mention, I hate it how some fan girls (Not ALL, but SOME) start to hate Winry just because she's Ed's friend. I mean, I love Winry...Not in that way. >.< . (Is huge EdxWinry fan) In my opinion, all of Hiromu's characters are great. I can't find myself to hate any of the characters... Well, maybe Tucker... But in a way that I love to hate him.

And now, after sharing my opinion, I must go... And pray that I don't get beat to death by SOME fan girls. o.o
Arrowhead Alchemist
QUOTE(snwbnny @ Apr 14 2006, 12:30 AM) [snapback]380468[/snapback]

dark_insanity_13
Not to mention, I hate it how some fan girls (Not ALL, but SOME) start to hate Winry just because she's Ed's friend. I mean, I love Winry...Not in that way. >.< . (Is huge EdxWinry fan)

Same here. I HATE that they diss Winry [huge EdxWinry fan too tongue.gif ] and say that Ed's "their" boyfriend or something. dry.gif That's stupid. BTW, they're WAY too many pics/fanart of EdxRoy or Edx Whatever guy on this site. Hm, EdxWinry fans *points at Snwbnny* should upload and submit more EdxWinry pics. We could create a EdxWinry club on DeviantArt, since I have an account (Fullmetal-Illusion). How 'bout it? huh.gif They need more support!! laugh.gif
Chizu
QUOTE(Lunchbox @ Apr 12 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]379355[/snapback]

NOTE: This is coming from the mouth of an Edward Elric fangirl. No, I'm not a hypocrite. Just, stating what I think. biggrin.gif

Poor, Poor Hiromu. =/

As we all know, Edward Elric has almost a gajillion fangirls now. He's probably had fangirls since 1899. When he was born. o__o Anyways...

Fangirls are known to swoon, sigh, and cry out, "That's sexy!"

But what I noticed is that most of the pictures are of Edward in just his boxers, Edward showering, etc. etc.

=/ Can't they appreciate Edward when he's fully clothed? He's a beautiful character, and he's got great posture. Sure, his attitude may need to have a little work done, but that's what makes him unique. He also has many talents. But everyone just likes it when he wears less clothes then what men usually wear. Just because he looks good doesn't mean that you should all swarm to him. =/

And I understand Hiromu probably adds those 'sexy' scenes in for alot of the fangirls, but...

Why not when he's normal Edward?

Quote from Hiromu Arakawa, The art of FullMetal Alchemist, Page 94: "Another thing that I noticed was "Boy, the man character sure takes off his clothes alot." Of course, if I want to draw his auto-mail, then I have to make them take off his clothes. But maybe he strips more than Major Armstrong? Is Edward a stripper? No, guys always walk around their room only wearing their underwear."

Maybe there's some hidden reason. o: But her main point is that she wants to draw his auto-mail. So, shouldn't we all be paying attention to his auto-mail? o:

I try to avoid those pictures(actually i don't see them alot)

I'm a fan myself (of Ed) I happen to be alot like him
_Jelly
>Zaiku No Renkinjutsushin
Do you have auto mail...? o_O oh dear.

>Lunchbox
Nyaaa! zomg ed!!!11! hes so frikn smexii itz nawt funni no morz!!1 zomg, no shirt, lol lol. look, boxerz! lololol ::giggle giggle:: fangirl squee!

Just kidding mellow.gif

Ed's an awesome dude. How he runs around complaining that people are calling him short even though they don't, how he's yelling and fighting with Winry and Winry kills him with a wrench...s'all good....(I actually dont like him that much, but lets think positive for now.)

Basically you mostly see him without a shirt (he's got abs at the age of 12, i know i couldnt do that, but hey, Im girl, so that makes it a little harder). Even when Eds colouring his hair to green (episode I-forgot) he's not wearing a shirt...and Winry comes in ..which is okay, cuz that's fanservice and knida EdWin cuz she blushes and she-- ok never mind, anyway.

Ed's a teenager. Around..meh, 16. Hot? No. Cute? Sometimes. If your a 10 year old fangirl than I guess thats ok...I cant imagine a 15 year old squeeing over Ed.
In the movie he's, what, 19? For some reason he kinda just got a little bit hot. But just a little.

Now, about hating Winry. If you hate Winry cuz she's Ed's friend and could-be girlfriend, then you're just a little bit stupid up there. Just a little bit...not a lot though ^^

PS: Ed's nice looking when he's in a fight scene..get that tough, brave, couragous look, y'know?
Galorfilinde
Lunchbox, I totally agree with you. Ed is a great character, and NOT because of his stripping scenes XD I love everything about him. On one side, he's a stubborn kid with a kinda wrong attitude, but on the other side, he's a very sensitive and caring person. That's why I like him so much. Yeah, he looks cute too, but the main reason is the personality. Loving a character only for the looks is just so wrong.

It could be that Hiromu Arakawa did it because she wanted to draw the automail, but she also could make him wear the tank top only to do that. So maybe, there' another reason too. And about that showering scene: I mostly looked at his automail and hair, and not his muscles XD I really love the way she drew the automail. I can't explain the hair though tongue.gif

Talking about his hair, I think long hair really suits him, but sometimes I wonder why he has long hair. Isn't he a little too impatient to braid his hair over and over again? I think I would have short hair if I'd have a lifestyle like him. He's got enough and more important things to care about, but it seems he cares about his hair too tongue.gif

QUOTE(Nil-chan @ Apr 13 2006, 01:51 AM) [snapback]379533[/snapback]

He's a sweet guy, i loved him when i heard his voice (subbed, not dubbed, cause in dubbed he sounds like a drowning monkey. eeww.

LOL, I totally agree with you! laugh.gif

To all obsessed Ed fangirls who hate Winry and scream things like Ed's mine! : That's just pathetic. I love Winry, she's a great character too.

But I must confess I like his looks in the movie. The clothing design is awesome, and I like the ponytail. But is there a shirtless Ed in the movie? I don't think so, or I suddenly must've gone blind. It's again a combination of: his personality and his looks. I think that's ok, as long as you don't like him only for the looks, and as long as you're not totally obsessed. I just can't understand that! Falling in love with Johnny Depp or someone like that, I can understand, for he is a real human. But Ed's just an anime character...

Long post... XD
No_One
I Personaly like Ed much more with his shirt on. Because I love his outfit and his personality. He's just so kool and cute. I've never realy thought of him as sexy, even with his shirt off, I guess I just wasn't expecting him to have abs under that jaket.
As for his voice I realy like it. But then I've never heard his Japanese voice...

So I like Ed because he's Ed!
_Jelly
I forgot to say:

In the 3rd Fullmetal Game, there's a chapter where you gotta play as him in his Boxers...in a prison...? Got rice?
MeLRizA
QUOTE(Jelly_Belly @ Jun 2 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]404763[/snapback]

I forgot to say:

In the 3rd Fullmetal Game, there's a chapter where you gotta play as him in his Boxers...in a prison...? Got rice?

ph34r.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif I'll transmutate Ed into Roy during that scene JK.. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Back on topic, Ed's definitely better with his clothes on hands down ^^.. Please respect his privacy XD.. Yes, most FMA males do look HOT w/o shirts especially Roy!! but still, they're much better when fully clothed laugh.gif ..
Kyo Kusanagi
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 13 2006, 12:11 AM) [snapback]379777[/snapback]

...I was a little worried about seeing him differently if I ever started watching through fangirls' point of view.

Ahh. I see.

I'm worried that I'd objectify Ed far too much because that's something I'd never want to do to anyone.
BakaOnna
Hmm... I guess she does draw Ed is boxers. I haven't really noticed that much...

Anyway, I love Ed for his personality and his awesome alchemy skills, and it's always a plus for me if the character's a genius. I love genius-type characters. Of course, I do like Ed the way he looks, but I like him better because of his personality. One of the better protagonists I've seen in anime series.
Sailor Starlight
Personally, being more of a Roy fan girl than an Ed one, I think I like seeing Ed with his clothes on.. Alright, I'll admit, I like him when his half naked, but seriously, who doesn't? But in all honestly, I do much prefer him with his clothes on.. His personality rules over his body.. And not to mention I'm a sucker for eyes.. >>;
55th_animalalchemist
Ed with his black clothes and red coat on, mmm I like him that way, but if he has that serious look in his face I like him more. Or when he is fighting . And yes, I have to admit that Ed without shirt is good looking too.
The Great Asparagus
QUOTE(snwbnny @ Apr 14 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]380468[/snapback]

Not to mention, I hate it how some fan girls (Not ALL, but SOME) start to hate Winry just because she's Ed's friend. I mean, I love Winry...Not in that way. >.< . (Is huge EdxWinry fan)

INDEEEEDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! i totally agree wiv that. i mean, winry is just, soooo awesome. hating her for that reason is pretty puny. but oh well. actually, i'm glad that winry is ed and al's friend. without her, ed's automail-ness might be doomed, but not really cuz of pinako, and i also really like how winry made al chase after ed after his lil conversation wiv barry the chopper at lab. 5.

anywaysee, mainly, i also wanted to say that i feel sorry for hiromu arakawa (and other manga artists) when ppl go and come up wiv weird fanfics and fanart. if i was a manga-ka, i would feel totally traumatized if ppl did that to my happy lil characters, u know?
HarukaYume
Lunchbox-san, I agree with you. He's got far too many traits that fans love, and that's not just based on his clothing. If liking him is based on what he wears, that's shallow fandom. I personally like Roy better than Ed, but he's coming so close because of his personality (I love his expressions!)

I like the voice. Subbed and dubbed. I think this is the first time I actually liked a character dubbed. Vic does his voice pretty well. biggrin.gif
Lunchbox
:3 Wow. I haven't been to this place in forever, and when I came back and saw all the people who came and posted about it, I was surprised!

XD THANKS EVERYONE. <3

[ Still surprised that I haven't been flamed yet. ] XD
Elric13
<Merged "In The Gallery?, About psycho fangirls that comment on gallery images." thread with the following two posts. ^^ 02/03/07 ~Tombow>

First of all, I'm a "newbie." Being a member for just a day. -But I'm a good newbie, I've read the forum rules. smile.gif But Honestly, I'm still a little unsure about posting my first thread. I think this topic belongs here though, assuming since it doesn't fit anywhere else, and there is no Forum for discussing this actual website itself.

Anyways, I've been browsing this site, and looked at the gallery. One thing I don't understand is that the posts and comments based on images are so different than posts and comments on the forums. They sound so freakish compared to this side. (especially the ones that are Ed-related) Myself, As a Ed-fan, sure, I admire "his" hotness, but I never forget that "he" is just a fictional character that has "been brought to life" by the creators of an anime show. (note the " ") Also, as a beginning artist, I also step away from just admiring characters, to appreciating them, and how they are all sewn together to "paint" a series. I take almost everything in with that way of thinking in mind.
I don't understand the why comments from the fan-art galleries aren't this way, since, well, the main reason for them is to appreciate the art, and everything involved, isn't it? I may be stretching the truth, (but I don't think so XD) but with every picture in the gallery, I see at least a few "OMG, Ed is MINE!!" or.. "He looks so sexy in that picture. *glomps*" - or something like that. (please note that I'm not bashing anyone) blink.gif It's nothing new to me, after all, I have access to the internet, but I first thought the Discussion forums would have more of the "freakish fangirl posts" than the image gallery. It actually kind of shocked me that the Forums had more posts with decent grammar than the fan-art galleries. Maybe it's because I'm just not used to it.

Hehe...typing this up also got me thinking.... Surely the proud creators of FMA are aware of how many girls they have made mad... I wonder what their opinions on FMA fan-girls would be like. After all, the characters such as Ed were made up from their own minds. If I took part in the production of FMA, I would surely take all of the "fandom" as a major complement towards myself, and I would consider myself a success of making fictional characters actually "come to life."

I'm done now... All of you can come jump all over me for posting this ph34r.gif
Tombow
@Elric13 - Welcoeme to the board!!
Excellent first post!! And, it is a good point!! smile.gif
But, we already have a thread with somewhat similar thoughts (Ed fangirls and Ed in fanarts and such) so, I'm going to merge this thread to I Kind Of Feel Bad For Hiromu Arakawa thread. biggrin.gif
(It's in FMA Character discussion forum.)
Hope everyone can continue this discussions there!! ^^

ETA: Thread merged. smile.gif
Fushi
DAMN YOU TOMBOW YOU MERGED THE THREADS AS I WAS WRITING UP MY REPLY!!! D< YOU COULDN'T WAIT COULD YOU? A HEX UPON THEE!

Kidding, I luvs ya ;D

kay, now copy and pasting my reply >>

To Elric13:

When confronted with a picture of a character they adore, a fan may get a little crazy. Or a little silly, in my case. (You won't see me getting involved with the Ed gallery, but you may've seen me squee a couple times over Roy and Hughes in the other characters or group gallery....wishing they were real and molestable, heh heh.)

But then you have rabid fangirls.

These are young, immature and foolish girls convinced the character is real. They're usually under 12. I've gotten in squabbles with them before. >> Geez, all I say is one little perverted thing and they freak on me telling me I'm a "sicko" and to "gtf away from their man" with my "dirtyness". Psh.

Now as to why they don't invest this part of the site...

For starters, rapid fangirls have a short brain capacity and don't usually have time for the types of threads we have in the forums. ~_^ Second, many of the intelligent users here, don't bother posting in the gallery, cause, really, what can you say about a picture other than "I like" 'Nice" "SQUEE SOEMONE WITHOUT A SHIRT"? There's more discussion here. So the rapid fangirls stick to the galleries. I bet many of them aren't even aware there's a forum.

And if any of them DO stumble in this area.....well, that's what we have members like Void and Popo for. wink.gif

Anyways, welcome to boards~ Haha, I've been here since at least since the summer, and I STILL haven't posted a thread yet! XP
Tombow
@Fushigi - Ooops!! I'm so sorry!! ohmy.gif (BTW, I luv ya, too!! happy.gif )

(BTW, IMO, one reason we don't have many OMG!! I LUUUUV ED!!!!! kind of posts in the forums is... partly because my forum Mod predecessors have done excellent jobs of creating the forums the way it is now, I think. biggrin.gif )
kaizenyorii
its sad that ed as a character sometimes gets butchered, but i dont feel sorry for arakawa at all because fmas probably made her a very very rich lady
Elric13
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Feb 4 2007, 05:24 AM) [snapback]500783[/snapback]
These are young, immature and foolish girls convinced the character is real. They're usually under 12. I've

I actually just now turned 13 in December, and a few months ago when I was 12, I still didn't post like a n00b. Ever.
People tell me I'm mature for my age, both physically and mentally...It's strange, I sure do feel like a child. I suppose everyone is different when given a keyboard though. I guess that is pretty understandable, and I agree about merging my post, I totally did not see this thread. I'm glad I joined up to a site with good Moderators. My topic fits well here wink.gif
Kenji
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna)
When confronted with a picture of a character they adore, a fan may get a little crazy. Or a little silly, in my case. (You won't see me getting involved with the Ed gallery, but you may've seen me squee a couple times over Roy and Hughes in the other characters or group gallery....wishing they were real and molestable, heh heh.)

molestable... OMG!!

These are young, immature and foolish girls convinced the character is real. They're usually under 12. I've gotten in squabbles with them before. >> Geez, all I say is one little perverted thing and they freak on me telling me I'm a "sicko" and to "gtf away from their man" with my "dirtyness". Psh.
must be the molest part... XD
*mimic 12-year old girl voice* "Get away from my darling you third class swindler"

Now as to why they don't invest this part of the site...

For starters, rapid fangirls have a short brain capacity and don't usually have time for the types of threads we have in the forums. ~_^ Second, many of the intelligent users here, don't bother posting in the gallery, cause, really, what can you say about a picture other than "I like" 'Nice" "SQUEE SOEMONE WITHOUT A SHIRT"? There's more discussion here. So the rapid fangirls stick to the galleries. I bet many of them aren't even aware there's a forum.

Whats "SQUEE SOMEONE" ??

I posted 2 comments about Ed too...for the sake of testing weather posting there will add post count XD... but I dint plan to whore every picture in the gallery with my comment at least...after my "test" completed... hahaha

Perhaps some of them does tried to mingle around in the forum but in the end got pawned till they find their mama... XD I found some of the comments poster mingles around the forum but no longer post for quite sometime... A lesson worth to be learnt, Elric 13

Edit:
Sometimes its great to be immature..but going overboard is nuisance...
Fushi
@ Elric13: I once knew a boy online who was 10 years old, but acted like a 14 year old...and then some even. Very, very mature for his age. So I can see you being mature for your age. But the majority of the rapid fangirls in the gallery are in fact under 12. Heck, I remember being 12....I was a rapid fangirl then. XDDD Except for a different fandom. FMA wasn't quite around when I was 12 tongue.gif (oh, now I feel old)

its sad that ed as a character sometimes gets butchered, but i dont feel sorry for arakawa at all because fmas probably made her a very very rich lady
Nope, FMA has made her publishers rich tongue.gif

EDIT:
must be the molest part... XD
*mimic 12-year old girl voice* "Get away from my darling you third class swindler"

Actually, if I recall, it was because I said Roy was "the sex" XP as in he's the highest in sexy. the fangirls took it in a different way tho XP

I'm surprised no one's jumped on me over my "I wish Roy was real so I could tie him to my bedpost and do.....things to him" comment laugh.gif honestly tho, it was a joke XD

.....or the countless "He should make out with [insert male character here]" :D;
Kenji
Nevertheless...I finally realised the meaning of Lunchbox's signature... made me scratched my head at first after reading it at other place...

"A {true} Edward Elric fangirl likes Edward with all of his clothes on."

Made me scratched my head at first after reading it at other place...

I'm surprised no one's jumped on me over my "I wish Roy was real so I could tie him to my bedpost and do.....things to him" comment laugh.gif honestly tho, it was a joke XD

.....or the countless "He should make out with [insert male character here]" :D;

As you have mentioned, they have pea sized beain...so they might know whats "sex" but they doesn't know what is "I could tie him to my bedpost and do.....things to him"
Tombow
@Kenji - SQUEEEE!! is someone making fangirly squealing noise when they see their object of affection in shirtless fanarts, or in cute pose, or whatever.. biggrin.gif
Engel
Poor little fangirls, they don't know any better! It's like when a guy falls for Lara Croft... actually that's worse, even creepy.
Anyway, I guess that's more common with the anime than the manga. You see I'm with you guys, he's a character and not a real person, but that episode when he's taking a shower DOES make you wish your boyfriend looked like that- at least the very first time you see it. Manga Ed on the other hand makes you love him only with a "Don't call me small!!" I just find him adorable, with his little anthenna and big coat alongside Al.
Oh, and another thing; how can a girl fall in love with the original Japanese voice, haven't they noticed Ed and Al are played by girls? Weird...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.