Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fullmetal Alchemist OS1
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Music > FMA-1 Anime Music
Quistis88
For those of you who have heard the soundtrack, what did you think of it?

When I first had the soundtrack I hadn't even seen the anime itself (nor did I know what it was about), but I thought it was a good score, though not the best. But now that I have experienced the visuals along with the music, I think that Michiru Oshima did a wonderful job of enhancing the atmosphere of the anime with her compositions.

My favorite track is "Brothers." When I first heard it, I already thought it was something special. Now that I have heard the song itself in the context of the show, I find the song all the more touching. One of its many unique qualities stem from the fact that it is in Russian, and the artist's choice to make use of a children's choir is a certainly a resplendent one, and reflects the main theme wonderfully.
RoyxRiza BigFan
hmm the opening song "Melissa" is very catchy and addictive cool.gif
Edward Elric
I like the opening by UNDO
Rocking !! tongue.gif
Very addicted to it ...
Prinz_Zoisit
yea, the 1st opening is really the best of all!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

i really like the music of the Baroque and especially Bach... and when i heard this Opening.... I was sooo impressed!!!!! the harmony reminded me of a special Aria from Bach. It's named "Höchster, mache deine Güte" from BWV 51. This is a direct link(for those who are interested in what i'm talking about rolleyes.gif )
http://www.classicalarchives.com/m/7/bwv51-3.mid

Responses are welcome^^

P.S.: Alchemy was very "up-to-date" in the time of the Baroque(ca. 1650-1750). Many people believed in Alchemy and in the making of gold from an unprecious metal. I like this connection between modern and past in FMA.
Prinz_Zoisit
hey, RoyxRiza!
is this black and white picture drawn by you? it is very nice!!
laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
but the 2nd OP(Ready Steady Go) is nice too!!
like everything from Hyde is nice^^
Prinz_Zoisit
oh, sorry... to hear the aria from the cantata you've to be registered...... ohmy.gif
Omega
I like 'Ready, Steady, Go' by UNDO. It's a great song. I also like the ED from the first season. My son collects FMA OSTs. He always has it blasting in his room. biggrin.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE (Omega @ May 30 2004, 02:24 PM)
I like 'Ready, Steady, Go' by UNDO. It's a great song.

Yes, it is, but was it not by L'Arc~en~Ciel instead of UNDO? unsure.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
yea, it's from L'Arc~en~Ciel, but i would rather wonder, why Omega(a father) is interested in FMA! laugh.gif
I would appreciate it to have a father like Omega who is interested in anime!!!
-> 't would be COOL biggrin.gif
Renzoku Hikari
I really liked the soundtrack! Brothers is a very awesome track, and I am addicted to Kesenai Tsumi too!!! The FMA OS1 is sooo good, i love it. ^^
Edward Elric
Ah...
ALL of them are nice !!
except....the season 3 ending soundtrack.....sleeping like a baby when it started laugh.gif
Of course the ending sountrack of season 2 is also nice..

(sorry If I'm talking bout the wrong topic) laugh.gif
Omega
QUOTE (Quistis88 @ May 30 2004, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (Omega @ May 30 2004, 02:24 PM)
I like 'Ready, Steady, Go' by UNDO. It's a great song.

Yes, it is! But was it not by L'Arc-en-Ciel instead of UNDO? unsure.gif

Yep you're right lol that's what I meant! gomen
tongue.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
i'm soo sorry, Omega................................

you know why sleep.gif
please forgive me......
Omega
QUOTE (Prinz_Zoisit @ Jun 3 2004, 07:59 AM)
i'm soo sorry, Omega................................

you know why sleep.gif
please forgive me......

No problem, Zoisit laugh.gif

& no offense taken biggrin.gif

But to answer your question as to why I like FMA, it sends me reeling after every episode. The soundtracks are an added bonus. Alot was invested into this anime: the artwork, storyline, and music. It is truly a masterpiece.
Edward Elric
haha.....
Omega is a nice mother..^^
Kind of like to have her as mine !! laugh.gif
^^^^^^^^^^^
can't stop smiling ^^ she gave me episode 24 and 25 !!!
Prinz_Zoisit
yes^^ she's a very tolerant mother....
-> That's the next generation of mothers i hope^^
Hey

I downloaded the soundtrack of this site but its a .rar file. What does that mean? How to I listen to it?
Quistis88
You need to have a program called WinRAR in order to open the file. Here's a download site if you don't already have the program installed: http://www.rarlab.com
Cool, thanks for that happy.gif
FMA4ever
I like this one, but I don't know......I think I like the 3rd OST better. happy.gif
asunder
Don't Post Links for downloading illegal materials ...there's a reason that the fma osts were removed from this site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.