Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have You Ever Skipped School?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
punk kirby
you dont have to post just wondering how many people have the guts to do it ? laugh.gif

Star
Popogeejo
I skipped most of my school life.In my GCSE(important test) year(year before us little Brits go to Collage) I had a 57% attendance.I did better than most people in the tets though tongue.gif I was lucky.

DON'T SKIP SCHOOL!
Kitty Alchemist
I skip 4 period sometime last year to go to lunch early. I told my teacher but he didn't care. But I come back in the last 10 min of class
Le Monkey
My current attendence at college is around 30-40% depending on how much sleep I get, my marks in the tests/assignments are averageing at 99.5%..
and EVERY monday I got in, only to sleep through first period, sometimes been woken up if I snore to loud or if the teacher needs an awnser..

Buisness and IT is FAR to easy for someone who grew up using PCs to help his parents run thier buisness.. tongue.gif
punk kirby
lol yer yer i no but its the last day till the vacation so its allright for me to be doing this laugh.gif

no tests laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

i thought this would be like knocked out like everyone does to my other posts laugh.gif

Star
Le Monkey
QUOTE(punk kirby @ Apr 10 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]377777[/snapback]

lol yer yer i no but its the last day till the vacation so its allright for me to be doing this laugh.gif

no tests laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

i thought this would be like knocked out like everyone does to my other posts laugh.gif

Star

I cant read most of what you type.. O.o..

And thanks to wichever mod moved this To SC., ^^
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i'd be to scared to skip ph34r.gif besides middle schol is'nt as free as collage and high school ^^;
i would'nt want to get a dentention anyways happy.gif;
HybridAlchemist
I tried skipping but my concense drives me insane with guilt >_>
I have perfect attendance since kindergaren
Popogeejo
I didn't get detentions for missing school.I just had to stay late one time for sociology but half the class was with me.We wern't getting high enough marks because our teacher sucked but refused to admit it.
Kitty Alchemist
I never got in trouble because my teacher didn't care and we never do anything in his class but sit there. Everybody in my class will be playing on one computer
punk kirby
ok sorry ill try to use more sence i'm use to msn and people understand me so sorry for the spelling

Star
asunder
before college: i'd only skip school if i was sick...my parents would essentially make sure i go to school everyday...in some cases I feel like I woke up on the school bus.

during college: If I couldn't understand the prof or the TA ... if I needed sleep. I'd cut class.
punk kirby
sweet thats what i do that why i sit up the back laugh.gif
Ailuro
I have never skipped a class or school. mellow.gif Unless I was ill of course, but, even then, I'd have to be ill enough to not be able to do any work.
mei_tenshi
mei only skipped school if she were terribly ill. People thought she was on her deathbed or something when she was out.

There was this one day that mei stayed home during her junior year of high school, in support of a protest. *forgot what it was for...that's so bad XD*

mei hasn't yet skilled a class during in college, though she's dreamt about doing so...
Popogeejo
Since when has being ill counted as skiping school?It's a legitimet reason not to go.Skipping school by my definition is not going to school/class despite beinng able to.
Admitidlty some of my 43% absence was down to illness/stressing out but damn it was alot of missed school...the worst in of the year apprently. smile.gif
mei_tenshi
Even if illness is a legitimate reason, mei still feels like it's skipping. It's the guilt of a born schoolgirl.
Ailuro
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Apr 10 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]377987[/snapback]

Even if illness is a legitimate reason, mei still feels like it's skipping. It's the guilt of a born schoolgirl.

Hehe, same case here.
*~vachi~*
I havenīt...yet at least...Iīm a chicken, I wouldnīt dare, and the only thing I think about, during recess is...what time is it? when do we go back to class? we are going to be late!! ph34r.gif Iīm such a weird and obsess person... sad.gif I should stop that...from now on, I wonīt think about it...too much! mellow.gif
DustStorm
I've never skipped school. If I'd ever dared to skip school my Aunt would skin me alive. ph34r.gif
Fayth Prophecy
I've skipped...but the teacher's at my school could careless as long as you're there for half the day.
Explosive Alchemist
I usually skip during semesters...when i dont have an exam for one class...we are still supposed to stay here but i leave and go to Wal-Mart of all places. It's a great place to kill an hour. ph34r.gif
punk kirby
ha man its not such a great idea if you doing bad but im doing just fine

lol skin you alive thats good
MeLRizA
skipped school? nahz, the most was just coming late for school, i came in after recess. but i didn't get caught...

skipped class? of course... my economics teacher was teaching PURE rubbish. my friends and i decided to skip her class (its beter to study on our own than listening to her rubbish) and come for legal studies in the afternoon. it turned out that EVERYONE (sitting) of the back row skipped economics class and the females were wearing pink on that day, this includes me... laugh.gif

skin you alive? cool... if i were to tell ths to my mom, ill end up the same way...
punk kirby
yeah my pa's coming home and im skiping school tomorow biggrin.gif
Automne
:raises hand:

I never skipped school before this year, my first High School year. Not much though, only 4 times, I think, and I only skipped classes that weren't interesting to me and had no consequences on my second HS year and orientations; like Maths and physics. Skipped two italian tests too (Heh, I haven't learnt anything! It would have been like suicide XD)...
Emerald Alchemist
Well... I Skipped School for almost a week before (I know.. i was naughty) and i paid for it too.. (a month worth of detention). That was almost 3 years ago though.

As for Skipping Class, of course i have! Only when i haven't done an assignment or homework though ph34r.gif
CowAlchemist
I've never skipped school, but I've wanted to desperatley a lot of times. ^^;
fma lover stef
i started skiping school when i moved down to florida hell. i really hated my geometry teacher so i would skip his class alot. of course back then i was an amatuer(sp?) so i would just hide out in different areas of the school, you could hardly concider it skipping. tongue.gif

now i skip my last period or occasionally my last TWO period classes. no real reason. im just not in a good mood so i walk home to be by myself.
Lee_1995
I don't think I can skip school really,if have this terrible feeling that something bad will happen if I skip class...
slayeralchemist
I have skipped school quite often, but in my opinion there is nothing weird about it. You do not need to have any 'guts' to do it. Skipping school here in Sin City is just something that most people do on a regular basis biggrin.gif. Which is great because that way I won't feel like a bad girl or something wink.gif. But everytime that I do so is because I have something exciting to do, like say partying biggrin.gif. I have never skipped school just to go home though.
Indignant Judgment
laugh.gif I have skipped school before, but since I have to live in the middle of nowhere, I would have nowhere to go because I live about 7 miles out of my own town and I don't even have my drivers license yet...But my mom is a very nice person and lets me stay home every now and then wink.gif I wish I had something exciting to do when I skipped school like slayeralchemist
Naivete
Where I live, they get pretty anal about it if you skip school. You get this "moniter" system if they find out that you've skipped. And they call your parents up sad.gif And you get detention.
If you skip a third time, it's expulsion.
Really anal.. dry.gif which is why I've never skipped.
They even get the police to "give you a ride" if they catch you. >.<
slayeralchemist
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Mar 31 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]524056[/snapback]
Where I live, they get pretty anal about it if you skip school. You get this "moniter" system if they find out that you've skipped. And they call your parents up sad.gif And you get detention.
If you skip a third time, it's expulsion.
Really anal.. dry.gif which is why I've never skipped.
They even get the police to "give you a ride" if they catch you. >.<

baKa-neKoh It is the same here in Las Vegas, if you have many absences (6 unexcused ones actually) they will call your parents and give you RPC. Actually they always have a machine call your parents that informs them of all the absences you have. Also if you look like you are a student and the police sees you walking around. They will start asking a bunch of questions and if they find out that you are ditching then you will be in big trouble. So yeah it is also quite 'dangerous/risky' to ditch school over here but that doesn't stop most people from doing so.

Illusionist Alchemist Wow you sure are lucky to have such a nice mom! wink.gif
Naivete
slayer: They chase you up for even one unexcused absence.
slayeralchemist
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Mar 31 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]524083[/snapback]
slayer: They chase you up for even one unexcused absence.

baKa-neKoh: Thank God no! But they do call you home though, but they don't give us RPC for just one though. Do they do that over there where you live girl? Because if they do then woah! I am sure glad that I don't live over there biggrin.gif!
Nekokitty
I've never skipped school.
I'm too much of a good girl.
Then again sometimes when I have doctor's appointments my mom lets me stay home and we go out and eat breakfast and go around town before we see the doctor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.