Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Composers?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
hanzo
These are two great composers... Yokko Kano for Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and others.
Nobuo Uematsu for the FF series music... They're COOL... Fo' Shizzle

Thread title edited to be more fitting. :}
Quistis88
There's only one K in "Yoko". biggrin.gif

I am a Nobuo Uematsu fan. I can easily say that he is one of my favorite composers of all time. Yuki Kajiura is splendid as well, when it comes to the anime/game genres.
JoshP1389
No love for Joe Hishaishi? Kanno is an excellent composer because she always seems to be filled with ideas and experimenting all sorts of genres. This is very noticeable in Cowboy Bebop. I'm unfamiliar with Nobuo Uematsu's work however.
Quistis88
Joe Hisaishi's early stuff is very good. However, as time goes on, it seems that he's running out of good ideas, and the development of his themes aren't very original anymore. As well, he tends to use the same chord progressions over and over.
asunder
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Apr 12 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]379682[/snapback]

Joe Hisaishi's early stuff is very good. However, as time goes on, it seems that he's running out of good ideas, and the development of his themes aren't very original anymore. As well, he tends to use the same chord progressions over and over.

Joe Hisashi does a lot of the studio ghibli songs right?
Nobuo Uematsu: The name just screams final fantasy orchestra music for me...Actually I think he has a concert in Chicago this year?
Yoko Kanno: Great work on so many series ~ The music in Escaflowne and Bebop are two of my favorites still.

I'll add another artist to the list: Masuda Toshio ....for the OST of Mushi-shi ~
Quistis88
QUOTE(asu @ Apr 12 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]379843[/snapback]
Joe Hisashi does a lot of the studio ghibli songs right?

Yes, I think he actually does all of it. Don't quote me on that though.

QUOTE(asu @ Apr 12 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]379843[/snapback]
Nobuo Uematsu: The name just screams final fantasy orchestra music for me...Actually I think he has a concert in Chicago this year?

He isn't having a concert, but the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra is. biggrin.gif It's happening next month, and it'll just be the orchestra playing his music, but he himself will not be making an appearance (I don't think).
Ronaldo Rodregez
Kanno's a genius for her work in Bebop. She must have a degree in every genre of music, especially jazz.
Kataron
Akira Yamaoka,who made music for Silent Hill,Nobuo Uematsu and Koji Kondo are my favorite composers!
Toby-Chan
Wow, only appreciation for anime/game soundtrack composers.

That's kinda sad.
darkangelslayer
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 19 2006, 03:10 PM) [snapback]383483[/snapback]
Wow, only appreciation for anime/game soundtrack composers.

That's kinda sad.
The thread has only begun Toby laugh.gif; have faith in us.

Hmm, in around fourth grade we were exposed to a lot of New Yorkan music and the composer that stuck to me the most was George Gershwin. 'Course Rhapsody in
Blue was the first thing I listened to, and I immediately fell in love with it. Unfortunately, I have yet to listen to any of his compositions that were in musicals.

There are the usuals too; Beethoven, Mozart and the such.
Quistis88
Wow, kudos to whoever changed the topic title. biggrin.gif

Since it's changed now, I'll have to give my list of favorites. And boy, it's long.

- Nobuo Uematsu
- Yasunori Mitsuda
- Masahiro Andoh
- Yuki Kajiura
- Yoko Kanno
- Yôko Shimomura
- Kenji Ito
- Noriyuki Iwadare
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Frédéric Chopin
- Franz Schubert
- Harry Gregson-Williams
- John Williams
- Duke Ellington

For me, some of them are not my favorite based on their overall work, but that they have composed some of my favorite songs.
JoshP1389
I don't listen to much classical music anymore, except on 88.9 FM. Anyways...

-Franz Schubert
-Beethoven
-Antonio Dvorak
-John Williams
-Yoko Kanno
-Kenji Kondo (MOTHER 1+2 OST)
-Keiichi Suzuki (MOTHER 2)
-Hirokazu Tanaka (MOTHER 2)
Quistis88
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Apr 20 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]384172[/snapback]
-Kenji Kondo (MOTHER 1+2 OST)

Did you mean Koji Kondo? Either way, no Kondo's were part of the MOTHER 1 or 2 composition team, as far as I know.
JoshP1389
But wasn't he responsible for synthesizing and remixing the songs? I recalled lastime I saw scans of the OST his name was mentioned. :/ Need to find those...
Quistis88
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Apr 21 2006, 07:26 AM) [snapback]384344[/snapback]
But wasn't he responsible for synthesizing and remixing the songs? I recalled lastime I saw scans of the OST his name was mentioned. :/ Need to find those...

I have not seen the scans so I wouldn't know. Either way, even if that were true, you can't say he was involved in the composing process, since he only synthesized and remixed, which is different from composing.
adamclark
yoko kanno is pretty great. the seatbelt's music on cowboy bebop is pretty unique and innovative for a sci-fi show.
edward_elric_240989
i love bettoven "moonlight sonata"
and i like vivaldi mostly i like Kanno as well
kojirou
Is Nobuo Uematsu counted? I love his compositions for the past soundtracks of the Final Fantasy games.. So relaxing..
joanne45
I have loooooong list of my favorite composers;

Nobou Uematsu
John Williams
Howard Shore
Patrick Doyle
Craig Armstrong
Yuko Kanno
Michiru Ooshima
Gabriel Yared
Michael Kamen (God bless him)
Ennio Morricone
Stamatis Spanoudakis
Angelo Badalamenti
Georges Delerue
Joe Hishasi
Shigeru Umebayashi
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Ludwig van Beethoven
Antonio Vivaldi
Yukio Kondo, Kayo Konishi and Moka - from Elfen Lied
Yoko Shimomura

....he-he-heh....I can't help it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.