Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: April Fools Day Prank On Fma
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Armaroller
<Added thread subtitile "On cartoon Network in U.S." ^^ 02/19/07 ~Tombow>

I watched last night's adult swim as I normally do, and I noticed that they really got into the April Fool's Day spirit. It was funny they were jacking around with the schedule(Saying Inuyasha was comming on, and then playing Chuck Norris' Karate Cammandos and Ghost in the Shell) But when FMA came on last night and they, in the only night they could possibly get away with it, added farts and other toilet sounds to last night's episode. Thankfully I have seen the entire series so I knew what to expect, but for those who may have never seen an episode of FMA to watch last night would be like "Are you kidding me? This show is this popular because of this?" Anyways, I don't think I can think of Rose the same way again, plus Ed and Al need to lay off the Burrittos laugh.gif .
Wyrd_Raven
Last April Fools day showing I remembered, they scribbled beards and moustaches over the shows.
JoshP1389
Yeah, I remember that too. It was much better than the farts, which were completely "reedickulus".

EDIT: Geezuz Criest, grammar. wacko.gif
PBalfredo
The best part was when they just dub over Ed's "You got legs, get up and use them" speech with farts. Now when Rose asks them what they are suppose to believe in now that he exposed Cornello as a fraud, he just turns his back and lets one rip as his response. And then Rose just just falls to her knees and cries while Al has to appologize for Ed. Comedy perfection.

Ah, words do it no justice.
Damascus
I was taken quite aback. When the first fart ripped loose, I looked around, thinking my roomate was standing behind me or something. I just didn't know what to say. I was a little upset that I couldn't here what they were saying, cause I didnt' remember, but hey it was all in good fun.
Molecular Alchemist
Ya know....i'm sorry i missed it laugh.gif Even though potty humor can get pretty old real quick, it would have been fun to see the epi screwed around with laugh.gif
fma lover stef
really i diden't see that, potty humor can get old, but it would have been interesting to see.
Nepharski
Man, and to think I missed this. Wish I'd known it was coming.
The Sin Envy
I was talking to my friend on the phone and he told me FMA had farts, so I checked only to see it really did, I couldn't stop laughing, it did get old kinda fast though. I really liked when Rose went to see Kane, and it was behind the curtain making all those tolite sounds and squaking lol, just put a really funny picture in my head. Also they did put beards and moustaches on every one last year.
Tombow
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Apr 2 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]373422[/snapback]
Ya know....i'm sorry i missed it laugh.gif Even though potty humor can get pretty old real quick, it would have been fun to see the epi screwed around with laugh.gif

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Apr 2 2006, 09:49 PM) [snapback]373514[/snapback]
It's on YouTube. Go to YouTube and search "Adult Swim April Fools FMA." smile.gif

Actually, they broadcasted both normal and prank episodes (I think I noticed 2 airing of prank ones and 2 airing of normal ones.)
I was really enjoying Ghost in the Shell prank episode, with Motoko talking such no nonesens way (as usual) with those gassy noise in the background. I couldn't stop laughing during the whole episode!! laugh.gif
GaaraFreak
I got a huge crack up out of this. My boyfriend and I were skimming through the channels (both of us FMA fans) and he was like "hey, I wonder what episode is on." So we stopped on it.. then we heard the noise.. I just looked at him.. "Did you hear that?"
We cracked up laughing throughout the episode. I loved the part where Ed revealed the microphone and all the city folk were like "O_O wtf"
Or when they'd make a fart noise, and Cornello would just look up and smile.. ahahahahaa
Keoni
I laughed a lot at first, but after a while it started to really bug me.
(What did I expect? They broke the first law of humourism, don't repeat a joke too many times) dry.gif Besides, I'm not really a toilet-humour-girl..

Though I agree with PBalfredo; The part where Rose askes Ed what she has to do now is really brilliant biggrin.gif that really cracked me up!
Tyna
I need to kill myself. I missed the showing!! Missed everything!
Alchemic Boom
Some parts were just odd and it got annoying sometimes but overall it was hilarious. I loved the part when everyone in Lior heard the truth and was angry, it was just a lot of huge loud ones. Also like already stated when Ed turns around and just replies with his flatulance to Rose.

For some reason I couldn't stop laughing when the statues were going to get Ed and Al. Whenever they stomped on the ground...
Full Metal Elf
Hahaha..I saw some clips on YouTube...that was great!! happy.gif....I would have been like, WTF? If i had watched it and not understood what was going on...hehehe
GaaraFreak
I just remembered, how bout the part where Al was sneaking off with the bell... his footsteps were farts... *dies laughing* I seriously gotta find this somewhere
Ed-Al-Win Fan
lol Yeah I saw this episode and I thought it was something wrong with my TV, because I know kept hearing those noises...Just thinking about it now, still makes me laugh...I was a bit agitated at first when they muted some of the language, because I still wanted to hear what they were saying, even though I heard and seen the episode about million times (lol). But then afterwhile it was pretty funny...I kept laughing at the part were Rose would visit Cain or Kain and they really overdid the noise then, but it was soo funny. I really couldn't stop laughing...
Dark Alchemist Sakura
QUOTE(Ed-Al-Win Fan @ Apr 6 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]375518[/snapback]

lol Yeah I saw this episode and I thought it was something wrong with my TV, because I know kept hearing those noises...Just thinking about it now, still makes me laugh...I was a bit agitated at first when they muted some of the language, because I still wanted to hear what they were saying, even though I heard and seen the episode about million times (lol). But then afterwhile it was pretty funny...I kept laughing at the part were Rose would visit Cain or Kain and they really overdid the noise then, but it was soo funny. I really couldn't stop laughing...

Yeah, i thought it was the tv at first as well.... until i turned up the volume really loud.... laugh.gif

At first, it was funny.... and then got old really fast. I seriously would have preferred it if Adult swim showed something less intrusive, because I was also in a really bad mood that day.

Although i have to admit.... the part where fake kane gets killed by Al, Rose looks relieved *insert huge fart noise*.... I just cracked up at that part.
Automne
Farts? It must have been so frickin' dumb...mellow.gif
Undeadkitten
It was hilarious.

But all i could think of, was it would have been funnier fi it had been an episode w/ hohenhiem or Dante in it....

Dante- *insert her 'have you come to save me agian' line*
Hohenhiem- not, not this time. *fart*
JoshP1389
D:

Honestly...
edwinluvr
I saw this ep as well ( I watch them all, no matter how many times I've seen it), and still am ticked off mad.gif I first was like WTF? I thought maybe something was wrong with my satellite or tv, but it kept on happening. I hoped it was just for a bit but it lasted through the whole ep! That's what really annoyed me, and the fact that it was wayyy overdone in a lot of parts. I will admit some parts were a but funny, but I was too annoyed to laugh. To me, it was like defacing some artwork, it was sacriligious (sp?) I think it wasn't until the next day did I realize it was an April Fools joke and then the messing up with the schedules, I just assumed CN was just being CN and arbitrarily moving things. Like some other reply mentioned, if a viewer was just watching it for the first time, it would have turned them off of the show most likely. I felt at the least, we should have been warned before-hand, maybe then I wouldn't have been like " I can't believe you @#$#@#, screwing with the show like that, you have some nerve you $%^#$@!!" throughout the whole show. Just had to rant about that.
Illusion Alchemist
Yeah...I felt really dumb. I thought it was the tv, and kept trying to fix. (I was babysitting, so I wasn't at my own house...so it seemed likely that the tv was messed up.) It was kinda frustrating...My vcr doesn't record and I can't stay up that late, so I haven't seen quite a few episodes. That one included. So yeah, I was humorous. All of you! Laugh at me! ^________^
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(edwinluvr @ Apr 9 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]376812[/snapback]

I saw this ep as well ( I watch them all, no matter how many times I've seen it), and still am ticked off mad.gif I first was like WTF? I thought maybe something was wrong with my satellite or tv, but it kept on happening. I hoped it was just for a bit but it lasted through the whole ep! That's what really annoyed me, and the fact that it was wayyy overdone in a lot of parts. I will admit some parts were a but funny, but I was too annoyed to laugh. To me, it was like defacing some artwork, it was sacriligious (sp?) I think it wasn't until the next day did I realize it was an April Fools joke and then the messing up with the schedules, I just assumed CN was just being CN and arbitrarily moving things. Like some other reply mentioned, if a viewer was just watching it for the first time, it would have turned them off of the show most likely. I felt at the least, we should have been warned before-hand, maybe then I wouldn't have been like " I can't believe you @#$#@#, screwing with the show like that, you have some nerve you $%^#$@!!" throughout the whole show. Just had to rant about that.

i'm glad i'm was'nt the only one, but after i watched it i kinda went on in a tangent and took an hour for me to get over it, i love Fullmetal too much and i hate Adult Swim too much so the things kinda come together like Fire and oil ^^; maybe i'm just a party pooper but yeah like the others said if some one has never seen the show (like my classmates at school) if they watched that they'd laugh at me so hard the next day they'd pop a lung =___= but i admit i did let a few laughs go even though what they did was'nt even funny sad.gif
OniNekoChan
xDD When I saw the april fools episode I died laughing. It was really messed up.. but really funny... xD Very strange =D My brother said, "FMA is a really easy target. It's sad how they found parts where farting would 'fit in so good.'" (he is an FMA fan- don't think he is trying to insult it.) xDD I agree with him..
SCARED4LIFE
At first when I watched this i thought my mom had farted then I noted it was the tv and I instantly started laughing! LOL!! XD The part when carnello(sp?) was laughing then they make the farting noise and every time they did he laughed louder was so funny!! I applud Adult swim's sick sence of humor! *claps*
No_One
I wasn't around to see it when they played it but my dad taped it for me. My sis. thought the taped got scued up but I
rememberd April Fools.
Parts of it was a bit funny but I was mostly mad and a littly sad that I couldn't hear what they were saying because I've never seen that one befor.
x Ice Alchemist X
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 3 2006, 03:16 AM) [snapback]373686[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Apr 2 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]373422[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Apr 2 2006, 09:49 PM) [snapback]373514[/snapback]
It's on YouTube. Go to YouTube and search "Adult Swim April Fools FMA." smile.gif

Actually, they broadcasted both normal and prank episodes (I think I noticed 2 airing of prank ones and 2 airing of normal ones.)
I was really enjoying Ghost in the Shell prank episode, with Motoko talking such no nonesens way (as usual) with those gassy noise in the background. I couldn't stop laughing during the whole episode!! laugh.gif

Thanks! I watched the clips that were on there. I wish someone taped the whole thing. It seemed hilarious!
Tyna
*Urge to kill myself rising*

I missed it!!!
It's a secret!
I can't belive I missed that! WAH! mad.gif
shadow_of_a_doubt
i may sound like a prude but that was the most immature thing that Adult Swim has EVER done.
it was queer.
sweety_pie
i think tne fart noises and stuff wasnt funny it was retarded. i love watching fullmetel alchemist it is so awsome. when i was watching it i didnt no what was up, i thought it was my tv. it wasnt so bad when they were messing with the schedule, but when i couldnt understand what anyone said on FMA i got kinda ticked off mad.gif it wasnt funny at all it was immiture.i hate April fools day and just because it was on tv dosent make it funny.
fullmetal kitty
Me and my friend were having a sleepover when we saw that. We were both like "WTF?" I was so funny! i loved it when Cornello was running and evertime he took a step he farted!
RainDancer58
I didn't like it at all. It annoyed me so.
Chibka
At first I just stared at the television like "WTF?!", then I laughed because it made sense and thought it was rather funny because of the timing. Then it got old and I grew very annoyed and angry. Luckily, I had already seen the ep. so it didn't kill me to skip it and go to bed...

That was the most retarded thing ever. It was fun for about 5 minutes, then it got old and annoying.
Lt. Colonel Hagane
LMAO That totally emarassed me, I was watching it with some of my freinds and then we heard farting noises and everyones like O.o wtf? Wr cracked up so hard XD
sweety_pie
QUOTE(It's a secret! @ Apr 19 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]383585[/snapback]

I can't belive I missed that! WAH! mad.gif

YOU DIDNT MISS ANYTHING GOOD!!
Fullmini Alchemist
wow I really wish I got CN now. None of the stations I watch do cool things like that! It would be funny to watch I'm sure!
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Fullmini Alchemist @ May 8 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]392447[/snapback]

wow I really wish I got CN now. None of the stations I watch do cool things like that! It would be funny to watch I'm sure!

it wasnt a cool thing that they did it was retarded!!
Becca-chan
Sorry.. but I have to say that this sounded like one of the most funniest things of all time. laugh.gif

I'll admit.. I'm not that much into toilet humour, but I do find the odd ' farty noise' hilarious..as long as it's not too much ^^;

I can understand that what they did, wasn't exactly everyone's cup of tea ( as I've already read a few who say so ) .. but sometimes it doesn't hurt to lighten up just a little bit.. just be thankful they didn't give us ' fart smell-o-vision' ....now I don't think *anyone* would've been able to take that! O.o
IttyBittyPretty
I luaghed my head off for about five minutes - then I got annoyed. The staff of AS are paid HOW much, and this is the best they could come up with? They could have made up new, smart a** dialog, or switched dialog with "Ghost In The Shell". Ah well, April Fool will be on Sunday next year, which means either "Robot Chicken", or "Metalocalypse" will get the fart noises.
GREEDisGOOD
They actually screw with the shows...I LOVE THIS CHANNEL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.