Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chat On The Debut Of American Fma
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MaesHughes33
~ The Debut, Of American FMA ~

When/What time will FMA be premiering on Adult Swim?
Maenos
Saturday, November 6th at 12:00 am.
MaesHughes33
Is it going to always be on at Saturdays at 12??? or just the debut? That would suck if it was on only once a week, cause that would mean 51 weeks till the ending episode.
WaveMaster
yea wait a year to finish or worse they might do what they did with Gundam seed and only buy half the episodes
Maenos
It'll be on once a week.

It might be moved to the weekdays sometime in the future, but I kinda doubt that. AS needs something to help Saturday's ratings stay afloat, and they're banking on the combination of FMA and GitS:S.A.C. to do that.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(MaesHughes33 @ Oct 2 2004, 11:42 AM)
Is it going to always be on at Saturdays at 12??? or just the debut? That would suck if it was on only once a week, cause that would mean 51 weeks till the ending episode.

New episodes aired only once a week in Japan, why should it be any different in the US? They probably can't air it over the weekdays anyway since they are probably still working on dubbing the latter half of the series.

Having it on once a week is actually a pretty smart move since it strengthens the Saturday block, especially when shows like Wolf's Rain are almost over.
Omakase Shimasu
...just be lucky you're able to view them so soon. <__< I'll be waiting forever to get my hands on the DVDs. *big sigh*
Xelmon
Do you even have a concept what THIS means??

Let me put it this way... We, as good anime watchers, getting our subbed stuff every week, we can handle it. We talk about it, bitch about it, yap about, and thats it.
Now that it's going to go on Adult Swim, you will IMO see the 12-14 yo's talking about it, being like "OMG, I PWN YOU WITH HAND ALCHEMY!!" And I dont care who says what...

That is the ONLY thing that worries me at this time... And the merchandise... Atleast the DVD's will be available on the market biggrin.gif
Of course, at the approriate times detirmined by FUNimation... dry.gif
TheVileOne
I just want to say. I have seen quite a many obnoxious viewers of Full Metal Alchemist who are much worse than the people you are describing. A lot of them are dumb ass unregistered guests on this very forum. Otakus can get very annoying and snobby sometimes with their "I liked before it was cool" attitude as well, so whatever.

Funimation is releasing the first DVD volume in early January, one with a special DVD artbox holder and one without. In the US they are usually released in increments of about a couple of months. Funimation dropped the DVD count from 16 to 13 so that means we are going to get more episodes per disc, so chill out man.

Also the action figures come out in March and they look awesome!
[img]http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/10_04/Full%20Metal%20Alchemist%20Action%20Figures%20clipped.jpg[/img]
Omakase Shimasu
Merchandise always scared me. But these figurines seem to be very-well made. biggrin.gif Especially that one of Alphonse! Say, are those figurines the same? Bottom and top? With added features? *__*
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 3 2004, 12:06 PM)
Merchandise always scared me. But these figurines seem to be very-well made. biggrin.gif Especially that one of Alphonse! Say, are those figurines the same? Bottom and top? With added features? *__*

Yeah they are the same figures. Ed's coat is removeable and they come with extra arms, hands, and heads I believe.
Omakase Shimasu
Grand. *__* I want them.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 3 2004, 05:27 PM)
Grand. *__* I want them.

You can preorder them by using the info. at this link for Diamond Comics Distributors:

Full Metal Alchemist action figure preorders

They just cost 14.99 each...16.99 for Al sad.gif .
Xelmon
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 3 2004, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 3 2004, 05:27 PM)
Grand. *__* I want them.

You can preorder them by using the info. at this link for Diamond Comics Distributors:

Full Metal Alchemist action figure preorders

They just cost 14.99 each...16.99 for Al sad.gif .

(Wonders why... Perhaps more "metal"...)

Figure do look pretty good... OH, and the DVD thing, I'm not bitching that it will take some time... No, not at all... Goddamn it, they are too slow...
Omakase Shimasu
*___* THANKS.
M3i
QUOTE(Maenos @ Oct 1 2004, 07:31 PM)
Saturday, November 6th at 12:00 am.

Correction: Saturday at 11:30 PM

Unless they changed it AGAIN O_o"" then my bad.
Maenos
heh, yup, was changed again.

On September 17th, it was announced that the premiere was delayed to January 8th, 2005. But then, due to the response, it was moved back to the original day, but moved back half an hour.

If you're a member of the Adult Swim Forums, this is the announcement with the latest update, "Fullmetal Amendment"
Plastic Yakuza
I just hope it doesn't get over killed like Cowboy Bebop did.
kouchikoji
if you can't stay up that late to watch it(i know a lotta people can't) you can just do what i do and tape it! tongue.gif

i'm gonna preorder the FMA dvd + starter set since it's ten bucks less laugh.gif
M3i
QUOTE(Plastic Yakuza @ Oct 4 2004, 03:40 PM)
I just hope it doesn't get over killed like Cowboy Bebop did.

There's 51 episodes instead of 26.. so the once over series run will be longer... and there's less of a chance of overkill-age!
EditDeath
Yeah, particularly since its showing once a week. If the schedule stays like this, it'll take nearly a year to see the whole thing. Only way it'll become overkill is if they move FMA to the weekday schedule.
Quistis88
But if they move it to the weekday schedule, I'll never get my homework done! biggrin.gif Not that I even have a TV at the moment . . . it sucks to be away from home sometimes.

If it aired 5 days a week, it might be over too quickly. Less suspense.
Elderberry
If it aired 5 days a week, it might be over too quickly. Less suspense.

Good point. I wonder how American audiences will react if they have to wait another week after episode 50...
EditDeath
Mass hyperventilation? laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
Quistis88
Haha! And eventually EVERYONE dies from oxygen shortage. Or something. Wait a minute, if we all die . . .

Maybe they're trying to make the Philosopher's Stone again . . .
M3i
Well, depending on the popularity they'd move it to different timeslots. It'll probably eventually be shown daily tongue.gif

I wonder how many people are gonna stay tuned for the 1st episode? I hope it gets good ratings biggrin.gif
Gr33D
*Sigh* That really sucks..because FMA was gonna come out on adult swim in October..now it got moved to an extra month.. huh.gif ..o well. I hope it's worth the wait! cool.gif
Ailuro
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. ^^
I'm just scared about the new fans. >_<
Lucia
Being Canadian, I can't even get the damn Cartoon Network unless I buy some American satellite system. Another drawback. sad.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Only 1 day 'till it gets aired. The suspense isn't exactly killing me. <__< I envy all you Americans just because of this...

Damn, they're showcasing our Cartoon Network on one of our channels, but unfortunately it's not the American one. -___- So close.
alpha
^OMG YE PERFORM SIN OF ENVY!!! *turns into Ed and breakdance fights with you*

Ummm what is coming on today? Errr....

If this anime gets as popular as Inuyasha there will be HELLLLLLLLLLLLL on Adutl Swim forums...trust me sad.gif
Gr33D
QUOTE(Lucia @ Oct 9 2004, 11:42 AM)
Being Canadian, I can't even get the damn Cartoon Network unless I buy some American satellite system. Another drawback.  sad.gif

Yeeeaaah..it sucks..I wish Teletoon at least would own rights to it..Because, Teletoon is like a canadian Cartoon Network. similiar shows. biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(alpha @ Oct 9 2004, 03:56 PM)
^OMG YE PERFORM SIN OF ENVY!!! *turns into Ed and breakdance fights with you*

OK, you beat me, hands down. biggrin.gif;; Wouldn't know for the life of me how to breakdance.
Maenos
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 9 2004, 03:28 PM)
Only 1 day 'till it gets aired. The suspense isn't exactly killing me. <__< I envy all you Americans just because of this...

Um...perhaps I missed something, but 1 day until what airs?

Because...if you mean FMA on AS...it's another month.
Omakase Shimasu
Well, d'oh. Really? @_@ My mind's been skipping a month all this time...
Maenos
heh, ok. Happens to me sometimes happy.gif
D
Grr... they better not screw up the series.
Elderberry
Hehe, I get hours mixed up during the day sometimes too... wink.gif

I kind of went around telling all my friends that Full Metal Alchemist was airing on Cartoon Network in October, and then they changed the date, so I had to go around telling everyone again that it was in November...(Note that this is to all my friends who haven't actually seen FMA and don't even know what Ed looks like...I bet they think I'm nuts...)
Gr33D
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Oct 10 2004, 09:43 PM)
Hehe, I get hours mixed up during the day sometimes too... wink.gif

I kind of went around telling all my friends that Full Metal Alchemist was airing on Cartoon Network in October, and then they changed the date, so I had to go around telling everyone again that it was in November...(Note that this is to all my friends who haven't actually seen FMA and don't even know what Ed looks like...I bet they think I'm nuts...)

LoL..awwww tongue.gif

happened to me to..except I didn't tell ALL my friends just a few tongue.gif
Not to offend anyone, but why don't they just take off Sealab or on sundays stop broadcasting Home Movies and just put FMA?
Cheers.
Ailuro
QUOTE(telepika @ Nov 9 2004, 06:02 PM)
I can assure you people that you won't get disappointed. The plot, animation, everything only gets better as the series moves along. It gets to the point where you can't react because its so good. Seriously, the first episodes, though amazing themselves, are nothing compared to the later episodes. I JUST CAN'T DESCRIBE HOW GOOD FMA IS... Let me just put it this way, after you watch FMA you'll be so spoiled that you can't watch a regular television series again. IT'S THAT GOOD!!!!!

Hear hear! I sometimes start getting in a really weird mood. Like I'm overly happy and the rest of my emotions can't keep up then I end up getting dizzy and spouting off random things. Then I call up everybody and yell at them about how good it is then I get excited/anxious and watch the whole series over for the 87th time. @_@
HH
I live in NZ.
I love FMA.

I have nowhere to watch the episodes cos my BitTorrent is screwed and won't let me watch my fansubs. I've got ep 51 only.

I don't know when it'll come out over here, but I've converted my friend with Sky to FMA loving, so I'll nick her eppies when she tapes them.

I reckon it should be once a week.
I'll never do my school stuff anyway.
Midnight
Yay! Happy to see some people around here who haven't seen the Japanese version yet.
For a moment I was worried that this forum would become a place for Japanese sub-fans -like myself actually- to bash the American voice-overs.
Unfortunately we don't have adult swim where I live (The Netherlands), so I can't judge the American version.
But I'm a longtime fan of the Japanese version and am always happy to see people discovering the series!

So a big welcome to all you new people out there! smile.gif
biggrin.gif Welcome
Cloud28
yes, FMA is still alive!!
fullmetalthao
yah, i'm a fan because of the first episode on adult swim biggrin.gif
Fullmetal_One

the dub seem to be going on well.. hmm.....

and don't decide on your favourite character yet, it has only been 3 episodes... there's 48 episodes to go with tons of character coming your way!

Guest_INUYASHA_1
cool.gifI AM NOT SURPRISE THAT FULL METAL ALCHEMIST IS POPULAR OVER ONE NIGHT BECASUE THE PREVIEW OF THE SHOW ROCKED. ALSO I LIKE WHEN ADULT SWIM PLAYED THAT LA,LA, LA SONG WHILE EDWARD WAS BEATING UP ALL THOSE BAD MEN.GOOD JOB FUNIMATION AND YOU TOO WWW. FULLMETAL-ALCHEMIST.COM.

P.S. PLEASE SEND MORE FULL METAL ALCHEMIST DESKTOP PICTURES.
ali
is the movie comming wot only in japan 2005? or is it also comming out in america?
pheonixXII
What is the best site to get a bit torrent?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.