Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If You Could Ask Only One Question To Arakawa...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
Carnal Malefactor
For me, it would be, 'where did you get the inspiration for Envy's character design?'
Nepharski
Hmm, I really don't know. I can think of quite a few, but the one the most strongly urges itself is: "Why did you decided on the oft over used and usually bungled good and evil twin plot point?"

Lots of Animes and Manga feature to characters who look practically the same (sometimes even) exactly, but are opposites. It gets kind of, well...cliche' after awhile. Arakawa seems to be doing a good job so far, but still...
Envy's lil' miniskirt
What inspired you to write a story based on the concept of alchemy?

Full Metal Elf
How will it end?..tongue.gif

Ok, no really..hmmm....Well, that's a tough one..

I'd ask:

Where did your inspiration for Ed's character come from?
AA battery
Will you take requests to draw yaoi art How old will the characters be by the end of manga?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Mar 28 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]370534[/snapback]

Will you take requests to draw yuri art How old will the characters be by the end of manga?

Fixed.

I'd ask a stupid question:
Do you get sick of alll the FMA questions?

wink.gif
AA battery
popogeejo: Why yuri?? Arakawa-sensei is a female, not a male =\
(If yuri... then it would be something like RizaxWinry... omg, no thanks)

... unless you have mistaken me as a guy.
Popogeejo
I was just changing it to what I'd have said instead.I wasn't trying to imply you would want such things wink.gif
Automne
Huuuh, I know females who write and draw very good yuri. It's not because Arakawa is female that she doesn't like it, really, what a way to think...mellow.gif

Hum:

What do you think of the many pairings, yaoi and yuri included, the fans came up with?

No idea for questions about the manga except: Why did you decide to come up with such a cliché pairing (Well, it's not really a pairing but still)?

Sorry, I know it's only one question...but I really would prefer to ask the first the most...happy.gif;
Colette
Ummm....I don't know. Probably:

"When you wrote Fullmetal Alchemist, did you ever think it'd be so popular?"
Kirara
Hmm, I really don't know. I can think of quite a few, but the one the most strongly urges itself is: "Why did you decided on the oft over used and usually bungled good and evil twin plot point?"

Lots of Animes and Manga feature to characters who look practically the same (sometimes even) exactly, but are opposites. It gets kind of, well...cliche' after awhile. Arakawa seems to be doing a good job so far, but still...

But why do you automatically assume it is Cliché when we don't know who Father or Hohenheim are yet? I am sure Arakawa has something up her sleeve like she always does.

And I wonder where all of you were when I asked for questions to send to Arakawa-Sensei for the fan letter? Oh well missed opportunity. biggrin.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
kinda stupid but i'd ask her where she gets all her ideas laugh.gif;;
Otoki Tomoe
I would ask her how she manages to put out a 40-something page issue once a month, on time, and still have it be absurdly wonderful quality without having written the entire storyline out beforehand. I realize she’s a goddess professional and all, but I’m currently working on a manga project and believe me, it’s not as easy as it might seem.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm also curious to know what she thinks of some of our rabid fangirl pairings. happy.gif
Popogeejo
Probably concerned about EdxAl or EdxRoy.Peadophilia and incest are just wrong...
Automne
Yes, probably or maybe not, I don't think any of us know her personally...rolleyes.gif

Anyway, OT.
Full Metal Elf
How tall is Ed...really?? happy.gif

Will Al ever become popular?

Ummm...and of course the million dollar question:

What are Father and Hohenheim..and their relation?? happy.gif

But I guess I'll have to wait for that one wink.gif...hehehe
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Otoki Tomoe @ Mar 28 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]370611[/snapback]

I would ask her how she manages to put out a 40-something page issue once a month, on time, and still have it be absurdly wonderful quality without having written the entire storyline out beforehand. I realize she’s a goddess professional and all, but I’m currently working on a manga project and believe me, it’s not as easy as it might seem.

It's her job. She devotes the kind of time and energy to it that most people do to their regular 9-5 jobs.
GS4Life
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm wellllll since I can't ask for Winry and RanFan yuri(hey that's no fun tongue.gif ) I'd probably ask who is going to be alive at the end of the series and how will the ones who will die, die. I'd then proceed to crying like a baby if

-Edward dies (come on that would just suck)
-Ling dies (I'll steal yet another Star Wars quote-I have a bad feeling abot this)
-Winry dies(God forbid this happens)
-Alphonse dies(I don't think he will but it would suck a lot, manga Al freaking rocks)
-RanFan dies(everyone knws I was going to say so I might as well say it)
-Roy dies(I'm not a huge fan of him but I still don't want him to die)
-Barry dies(Oh wait, crap!)
-Riza dies(She must live!)
The WroughtIron Alchemist
I'd ask
"How the heck did you come up with the idea for al?i mean his soul being tied to a suit of Armor?seriously you've got to have a lot of imagination for sumthin like that.And the Transmutation circle,i heard she made it up herself blink.gif .
MonsterEnvy
Will the ending be more satisfactory than the anime (and less rushed)? *crosses fingers*
Colette
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Mar 28 2006, 08:36 PM) [snapback]370783[/snapback]

Will the ending be more satisfactory than the anime (and less rushed)? *crosses fingers*

Meh, a meteor could crash down and kill everyone and that could be the end and I'd still like the manga more.

But judging by the steady pace she's been going at lately, it probably will be.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Mar 28 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]370807[/snapback]

QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Mar 28 2006, 08:36 PM) [snapback]370783[/snapback]

Meh, a meteor could crash down and kill everyone and that could be the end and I'd still like the manga more.

But judging by the steady pace she's been going at lately, it probably will be.

Whatever. All I ask is that if Bradley dies (assuming he must, but hoping otherwise), let him go out in a blaze of sword-weilding, fuhrery glory.
MasterKris
My question: What manga do you like??
No, seriously, I wanna know.
AA battery
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 1 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]372921[/snapback]

My question: What manga do you like??
No, seriously, I wanna know.

I can answer half of your question...

One of her favourite novel is Kino no Tabi. (Kino's Journey)
MasterKris
^Thank you!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Otoki Tomoe @ Mar 28 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]370611[/snapback]

My mom use to be a manga assistant, and she told me how mangakas who had a due of once a month schedule goes.
After the last deadline, the mangaka comes back to her house and the assistant and the mangaka just plays around, get lazy, and does no work for about a week. Then starting at the 2nd week, the mangaka starts her rough draft, but doesn't really focus on it. The end of the 2nd week, they finally start their rough drafts of the manga. On the 3rd week, they get serious and go drawin'. On the 4th week, they're at their super speed x4000000000000000000000000000000000000 mode. They stay up all night and day just workin' workin', eatin' junk food, etc. And the final night, they stay up till mornin' drawin' their final touches. The mangaka is at the frontgate and one of her assistants does a baseball run slide to her and gives her the manga folder. Then using all her might, the mangaka runs over human speed to the magazine company and gives them the folder. After that, it goes over the cycle over and over again.

You might ask, then why does the manga looks so awsome if they just rush it? It's their skillz of the mangakas. Okay, just kiddin'. Just think this process as ur homework.... (though some mangakas aren't really like this, some are very organized and just does each one by one a day neatly)
Sin Of Envy
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 27 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]370453[/snapback]

For me, it would be, 'where did you get the inspiration for Envy's character design?'

coughcoughpalmtreecoughcough

Why the hell you [Arakawa] kill everyone?! Don't you have heart?! Think about fans!!!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Sin Of Envy @ Apr 1 2006, 08:20 PM) [snapback]372945[/snapback]

Why the hell you [Arakawa] kill everyone?! Don't you have heart?! Think about fans!!!

Whom has she killed besides Hughes, Lust and Nina?
JoshP1389
Greed. :|

---

"Judging by the jokes you make about your story reaching up to chapters in the thousands (or higher), do you plan to end it soon?"
Sin Of Envy
QUOTE(Void @ Apr 1 2006, 07:03 PM) [snapback]372966[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sin Of Envy @ Apr 1 2006, 08:20 PM) [snapback]372945[/snapback]

Whom has she killed besides Hughes, Lust and Nina?

Let's not forget anime characters that dies too.
But still, Hughes, Lust and Nina were most loved....
AA battery
YOU GUYS FORGOT THE POOR BUNNY THAT ED AND AL KILLED FOR FOOD!!!!!!!
Sin Of Envy
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 2 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]373100[/snapback]

YOU GUYS FORGOT THE POOR BUNNY THAT ED AND AL KILLED FOR FOOD!!!!!!!

And the cat! Don't forget the cat!! Her babies are alone now!
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 1 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]372936[/snapback]

QUOTE(Otoki Tomoe @ Mar 28 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]370611[/snapback]

My mom use to be a manga assistant, and she told me how mangakas who had a due of once a month schedule goes.
After the last deadline, the mangaka comes back to her house and the assistant and the mangaka just plays around, get lazy, and does no work for about a week. Then starting at the 2nd week, the mangaka starts her rough draft, but doesn't really focus on it. The end of the 2nd week, they finally start their rough drafts of the manga. On the 3rd week, they get serious and go drawin'. On the 4th week, they're at their super speed x4000000000000000000000000000000000000 mode. They stay up all night and day just workin' workin', eatin' junk food, etc. And the final night, they stay up till mornin' drawin' their final touches. The mangaka is at the frontgate and one of her assistants does a baseball run slide to her and gives her the manga folder. Then using all her might, the mangaka runs over human speed to the magazine company and gives them the folder. After that, it goes over the cycle over and over again.

You might ask, then why does the manga looks so awsome if they just rush it? It's their skillz of the mangakas. Okay, just kiddin'. Just think this process as ur homework.... (though some mangakas aren't really like this, some are very organized and just does each one by one a day neatly)

Thank you. I had a nice laugh at this and it made my day a bit brighter. happy.gif

About the pairing thing, my partner and I joke all the time about which of our characters have the potential to be paired up. Then he looked at me and went, “Hey. Do you think Cow-Sensei does this with her friends too? Like ‘OMG! AlXBradley <3’?”
Nil-chan
hm.. i think i would ak how long she's planning on making it. i onestly hope it will never end, and if it does that it wont happen for a while.
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Nil-chan @ Apr 2 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]373332[/snapback]

hm.. i think i would ak how long she's planning on making it. i onestly hope it will never end, and if it does that it wont happen for a while.

D:

Nobody wants the FMA manga turning into another weaboo, filler story like Naruto, Bleach, or Inuyasha.
AA battery
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Apr 2 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]373421[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nil-chan @ Apr 2 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]373332[/snapback]

D:

Nobody wants the FMA manga turning into another weaboo, filler story like Naruto, Bleach, or Inuyasha.

I think about 30 volumes of FMA (so, ~5 more years) is a good mark for it to end.

Actually I think Bleach and Naruto are still bearable... at least new storyline are brought in... (oh, but I have never actually read Bleach though. I just have a few friends that are still really obsessed with it.)

Inu Yasha, gawd... *new demon!* *defeat it!* *obtain info regarding Naraku!* *new demon again!* *defeat it again!* ... what a crazy loop.

Detective Conan is worse! It lasted for over 11 years already, over 520 chapters (weekly manga), and the author just occasionally draw a REALLY GOOD story (ex. Black Organization related, Kaito Kid related) to draw you back into the manga... == This one really has the potention to go over 1000 chapters and still go on... I think all Detective Conan fans here feel the same pain as I do.
JoshP1389
Detective Conan has gotten repetitive too, both anime and manga. About at least 500 episodes for the anime. They're making another movie this year I believe.

VGCats finally does something right as well.
Sensenic
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 4 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]374274[/snapback]

Detective Conan is worse! It lasted for over 11 years already, over 520 chapters (weekly manga), and the author just occasionally draw a REALLY GOOD story (ex. Black Organization related, Kaito Kid related) to draw you back into the manga... == This one really has the potention to go over 1000 chapters and still go on... I think all Detective Conan fans here feel the same pain as I do.

INDEED...

At least, I am not alone... T_T Thank you so much, a-a T_T
AA battery
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Apr 4 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]374464[/snapback]

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 4 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]374274[/snapback]

INDEED...

At least, I am not alone... T_T Thank you so much, a-a T_T

*pats*

I still thought Volume 10 - 40 are worth my time rereading... as for volume 45 - 50, I bought them, yet I still haven't read them... xD;;; (well, flipped thru them but not like sit down and read slowly)

QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Apr 4 2006, 03:09 AM) [snapback]374277[/snapback]

... awesome. Totally awesome strip.
MasterKris
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 4 2006, 02:36 AM) [snapback]374274[/snapback]

Uha.....
It's suppose to be like that. It's a mystery manga, all Aoyama-sensei wants to is to create series of different mysteries he likes. Like most mystery series you see (i.e. Sherlock Holmes) I think he wanted to make in a way so that it kinda follows those novels. Basically, a mystery series in the form of manga. Besides, I enjoy those different cases very much. They're all unique in a way and hard to solve.

Detective Conan has gotten repetitive too, both anime and manga. About at least 500 episodes for the anime. They're making another movie this year I believe.

VGCats finally does something right as well.

Manga I like, anime I hate. The anime is plain and is filled with plotholes. Not even worth watching. (though I would like to watch episode 296 cause Park Romi does a voice there)

Awsome VGCats comic strip, and it's true! I really like Inuyasha's face there! laugh.gif

I think about 30 volumes of FMA (so, ~5 more years) is a good mark for it to end.

I think that's kinda long..... around the beginning 20's is my guess.

*pats*

I still thought Volume 10 - 40 are worth my time rereading... as for volume 45 - 50, I bought them, yet I still haven't read them... xD;;; (well, flipped thru them but not like sit down and read slowly)

Wow, you're just like me. I just flip though pages and never actually read them in the beginning. When I have lots of free time, then I read seriously. (but then it becomes a spoiler....)
AA battery
*makes a mental note to watch episode 296...*

shoot, off topic. XD
MasterKris
^You're right, we're gettin' off topic....happy.gif;;
Nil-chan
well, i mean, i hate it when they go in circles, but if its over, then its over...that would be depressing. IT would be good if they could make it long and always have it good... sigh.... if only. Whoo! a hundred posts!
snwbnny
I would ask...:

"What do you think of all the obssessed fangirls who hate a character *cough*WinryandRiza*cough* just because they think Ed or Roy or some other character is hot?

Or I would ask her if Ed and Winry ever admit their feelings for each other. ;o
But then again, I'll just wait for that. And I don't want it to happen too fast because I like the way things are going so far. xD

Ooooh, I know I was supposed to ask just one, but I can't help it!

"What do you think of the anime version?"

Considering how much is so different. I would like to hear her opinion on that. Which, she probably already answered in an interview or something...but yeah. O_O
MonsterEnvy
Yeah, she has, actually.
She likes the anime version, and is glad that it doesn't follow the manga really closely.

I think that fangirls are complete lunatics, personally. Yes, Ed is hot, but he's not *yours.* You can't be selfish... I'm sure he'd be perfectly willing to serve all of his female fanbase if he ever comes to the real world.

Also, he and winry have sort of admitted their feelings, at least to themselves. That's a pretty sure sign that they'll admit them to each other pretty soon.
Nil-chan
I think it is kind of nice that the anime and manga are different, and that the manga is better.
Fanpeople disturb me, especially spammy fanpeople.
I hope that they do that! (EdWin feelings) im a sucker for fluff scenes. It'd be bteer with Roy and Riza, though, lol.
Keoni
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Apr 18 2006, 07:54 PM) [snapback]383182[/snapback]

Yeah, she has, actually.
She likes the anime version, and is glad that it doesn't follow the manga really closely.

Yeah, I read that somewhere too. I think she regards it as really expesively made fanfic, or something. laugh.gif And, as I recall, she was glad it introduced more people to her work.

I think that fangirls are complete lunatics, personally. Yes, Ed is hot, but he's not *yours.* You can't be selfish... I'm sure he'd be perfectly willing to serve all of his female fanbase if he ever comes to the real world.

That disturbs me, really. (the fangirls, not Ed's serving lol) Silly people, really, come ON! dry.gif

Also, he and winry have sort of admitted their feelings, at least to themselves. That's a pretty sure sign that they'll admit them to each other pretty soon.

Squeee! I really hope so! laugh.gif

As for the question, I would like to ask her what colour Roy's eyes go when they're all light. Who else would know better? happy.gif
Reika
I would ask her:

Would you teach me some of your techniques?

hehhe
AA battery
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Apr 18 2006, 07:54 PM) [snapback]383182[/snapback]

I'm sure he'd be perfectly willing to serve all of his female fanbase if he ever comes to the real world.

But Ed is not a manwhore- *gets shot*

screw EdWin =P *gets shot again*
The Great Asparagus
i'd ask her "do you have any idea what a totally awesome person you are and how you've changed my life forever with the awesomeness of fullmetal alchemist and how much i totally look up to your mad skills?!?!?!?!"

arakawa is just, too cool.
Twilight Warrior Alchemist
well I'd ask her...

Anime: which part of Brotherhood is your favorite so far?

Manga: where did your inspiration for Kimblee come from?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.