Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 51 Series Finale: "laws And Promises" Talkback Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
kakashi_n1
I know that one of the veterans want to start this topic but I just cant wait for them to so if they want to close it I understand

Aside form that this is the final ep where they are going to tie it all to gather I know that you think that its going to be imposable but from what I have been hearing they do a good job at pulling it all to gather

If you post what you think will happen remember to use spoiler so that you donít ruin it for everyone
thank you biggrin.gif
MasterKris
Ah yes, the final episode of FMA. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME TISSUES NEXT TO YA!
THEY DO AN AWSOME JOB AT THE END! I ASSURE U ON THAT!

[SPOILER]
First off, you might think, "THE ENDING SUCKED LIKE CRAP!"
Remember that there is a movie.
Second, you will feel very very very very very very happy and emotional at the end, thinking it's the greatest ending eva in anime history. Good for you, it's not the end though.
Third, you won't feel anything.
Heartless~

There's some MAJOR Royai in the end, watch out for dat.
Oh yeah, *blank* doesn't die. (I don't mean Ed)
You'll hear another historical name, this one all of ya will know. It's funny how Ed reacts to it!
And also, you'll see a scene of Ed that you thought you'd never ever see in this series until now. You'll say, FINALLY!
My final message, GO POLITICS![/SPOILER]
Automne
There's some spoilers in your thread title. dry.gif;
MasterKris
^Wow, I just noticed that...
Automne
We already saw it.
MasterKris
^Oh yeah... srry... I'm so stupid... *smacks head*
Dreakon
For the record, the dubs episode name is "Laws and Promises". "Munich 1921" was the episode name for the sub.

With that out of the way, I'm going to miss the episode but I'll catch it as soon as I can (taping it)!

Please for the love of god don't post spoilers in here! Don't hint at spoilers, don't dodge spoilers, just completely forget everything you may or may not know about this episode for the time before it airs! If you absolutely must, use spoiler tags and make sure you cover everything!

How would you feel if you were the person to ruin the FINAL EPISODE for us dub watchers?!
MasterKris
^Okay, I'll put all in spoilers~
*go edits*
Jedi28
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 18 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]365236[/snapback]

[SPOILER]
Second, you will feel very very very very very very happy and emotional at the end, thinking it's the greatest ending eva in anime history. Good for you, it's not the end though.
Heartless~

You'll hear another historical name, this one all of ya will know. It's funny how Ed reacts to it!
And also, you'll see a scene of Ed that you thought you'd never ever see in this series until now. You'll say, FINALLY!

[spoiler] and yet the movie sucked as well so it doesn't change anything. Sadness. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif What scene are you talking about? Ed shirtless? We saw that in the one where he went back to get his arm fixed by Winry. I can't think of what other scene you're thinking of. [/spoiler]
experiment#84 : lab 5
Ok!!! Last episode people! Oh and hey... I saw in guide, you know adelphia guide thing, that this episode was going to be call: "Laws and Promise" instead of the japanese title: "Munich 1921"... i s there a way anyone can confirm this? And thank you if you do smile.gif .
kiori
Yes, the dub version is called Laws and Promises, I've seen in confirmed on several websites including adult swim's. I'm so excited I never saw the sub of this so it'll be my first time!!! Only 6 hours!!!!!! Sucks though cause the movie dub won't be out till October 3rd. it's going to be a long wait sleep.gif
QUOTE(kiori @ Mar 18 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]365258[/snapback]

Yes, the dub version is called Laws and Promises, I've seen in confirmed on several websites including adult swim's. I'm so excited I never saw the sub of this so it'll be my first time!!! Only 6 hours!!!!!! Sucks though cause the movie dub won't be out till October 3rd. it's going to be a long wait sleep.gif

Ok thanks.
Solo Wing RAZGRIZ
so, jaw before my life- then, episode 50

_
then, episode 51

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ <-that means flames
Jedi28
And so a saga winds to a close. Very sad BUT at least I can still read the Manga!!!!

Hopefully this episode will get put on YouTube like the last two were and I can watch it dubbed tomorrow. I already saw the subbed version so I at least know what happens.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
this is the discussion for the episode 51 right?? i hope so...i thought the name of it was "laws and promises"...oh well, lets start the countdown!!! yay!! happy.gif only 4 hours and 26 minutes left!!!...make sure you all are prepared for this episode and enjoy it while it lasts!!
SCARED4LIFE
WHOOOO!!! Only......*counts* 5 hours and i don't feel like counting the minutes left!!lol XD

Well. wher i live anyway
Full Metal Elf
O_O....it's nearly over..OMG!..This thread is going to be SO long, lol.

This is so sad, that it's going to be over...but this is a wonderful episode....T_T....can't wait...we're counting down!...wink.gif
Alchemic Boom
*Fidgets around* The week seemed to go by pretty dang fast but these last few hours seem killer slow.

Can't wait to see the end... this is one of the episodes you really don't want to blink in, for the fear of missing something. Still a bit amazed how they fit everything into the episode without it seeming really rushed at all.

Three hours and fifty-four minutes for me if I'm doing my math right.
Jedi28
True, the last episode actually seems rather slow and relaxed compared to the previous few episodes. They did a good job with it.
Hurry up clock!!

3hours and 15min!
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
3 hours and 8 minutes left!!!! O_O CAN'T....WAIT!!!!

...the clock is just wrong! it needs to be midnight now for me!!!...come on clock!!

3 hours and 4 minutes left!!...O_O COME!!! ONNN!!!! CLOCK!!!
Alchemic Boom
I sense the sales of clocks will increase tomorrow. Due to the fact that FMA fans may kill their clock so time would go faster.

...Speak of the devil, my watch just died. I hate the fact that my bad predictions are usually right.

Anyhow two hours and fifty-six minutes left.
Colette
Call me a typical manga fan, but I really don't like the ending >> It has some really awesome scenes, but it's so rushed. (Don't flame me, it's my opinion) Though I really look forward to seeing how the dub portrays it.

Off-topic:

@ FullMetalAlchemist01FAN- Um, you stole that Hughes avatar in your sig. When I posted it in the gallery, I even said to credit the owner. -__- Not to be rude, but can you please credit Izzy?
Sikiu-San
Its going to be fun to see everyone expressions and opions xD Wow, still cant believe this is it, the last episode Dx
Im gonna crack up. Hurry up clock!!! ARGH!!! I REALLY WANNA SEE THIS EPISODE I"VE BEEN WAITING ALL WEEK FOR THIS EPISODE!!! AND I WAS SO PATIENT I DIDN"T DOWNLOAD IT FROM YOUTUBE!!!! NOW I"VE LOST IT!!!

Hey I'm just kidding. I can wait. Not.

bout 2 hours 30min I think...
chrismariokart
And FMA draws to an end...
Can't wait though. laugh.gif
2 Hours !!!!!
MasterKris
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 18 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]365250[/snapback]

[SPOILER]
Heartless~

[spoiler] and yet the movie sucked as well so it doesn't change anything. Sadness. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif What scene are you talking about? Ed shirtless? We saw that in the one where he went back to get his arm fixed by Winry. I can't think of what other scene you're thinking of. [/spoiler]

No, no. I don't mean the one with Ed shirtless. I meant,
MAJOR SPOILER, DON'T READ IF U DIDN'T SAW THE EPI YET!
[spoiler]Ed with two arms and legs[/spoiler]

Is there any chance that AdultSwim is re-airing FMA episodes again? Cause my parents only allows cable in summer vacation and I wanna try watchin' the dub.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Mar 18 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]365333[/snapback]

Off-topic:

@ FullMetalAlchemist01FAN- Um, you stole that Hughes avatar in your sig. When I posted it in the gallery, I even said to credit the owner. -__- Not to be rude, but can you please credit Izzy?

oh! im sorry! i didnt know it was from your post in the gallery....my friend give(sent) me that avatar through email and i saved it to my computer and i added it to my photobucket album and i used the code from there. But ill just take it off my sig then. *sigh*

1 hour and 37 minutes left!!!...COME ON NOW CLOCK!!!!!!! TIME NEEDS TO GO BY FAST UP UNTIL THE EPISODE COMES ON!!!! .......grrrrrrr......
theothersin
Grr...it's only 8 P.M. here. *sigh* I haven't been able to concentrate on anything else since 11 last night. Too bad it was right in the middle of Cirque Du Soleil, I couldn't foucus on the last half of the show!

I'm squirming in my seat trying to ignore all the spoilers. (A Side-show: MUST RESIST URGE TO HIGHLIGHT! *Pulls arm back*) How about everyone clear thier minds of the cetain ending of a certain anime until the episode starts where ever it starts first?

I can't wait!
chrismariokart
1 hour 30 min.
AHHHHHH!!! BOBOBO SUCKS!!!! Does anyone watch it?
I gave in to only one spoiler. I regret it.....
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 18 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]365381[/snapback]

[SPOILER]
Heartless~

Is there any chance that AdultSwim is re-airing FMA episodes again? Cause my parents only allows cable in summer vacation and I wanna try watchin' the dub.

What's up Kris. Yeah I'm pretty sure they'll give it agian in summertime, considering FMA's popularity. They are already giving re-runs monday nights, and starting next week, they'll air the first episode agian on saturday.

FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
1 hour and 13 minutes left!!!!
Jedi28
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 18 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]365381[/snapback]

[SPOILER]
Heartless~

Ohhhhhh, that one. We've kinda already seen that I think. [spoiler] we've seen it in the pre-transmutation of mommy flashbacks and we saw it when Ed was in AlterEd's body. But yeah, this is the first time with 16 year-old Ed in his proper body. Of course he gets his arm and leg back for like what? Five minutes? Then he not only loses them again but gets really poor prosthetics from his dad (of course they're great for where he is but they're not automail). Poor Ed. [/spoiler]
chrismariokart
One hour left. biggrin.gif
The Venture Brothers is a dumb show also.
Sikiu-San
less then an hour here ^OOOO^
Quistis88
ATTENTION, FELLOW FMA FANS:

Please use this thread for discussion only, not a countdown. Countdown posts will hence forth be deleted. Thank you for your cooperation.
Jedi28
So how do you guys think it'll end? Come on, speculate people! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif You know what's odd? Not one person has commented on the fact that Marcoh got eaten by Gluttony. Guess no one liked him in the Anime. He's nearly as bad in the Manga but we don't see him as much. Just recently he met Scar in a sewer (where he was being held by the Homuncui) and he begged Scar to kill him. So perhaps MangaMarcoh will join AnimeMarcoh soon.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
sorry Quistis-sama =_=;;

i wonder who Tombow was going to put as the thread opener? not to be selfish but i should get another because epi 44 was taken before i could open it :-\ oh well kakashi_n1 did well *gives appaluse* happy.gif

to the episode:

i just got done watching the entire D.N Angel seris for the first time and i'm a little upset right now so don't be alarned if i over-react rolleyes.gif [spoiler] Dark 'died' and 'You-know-who is was his voice over wub.gif it reminded me so much of Edo-kun wub.gif , but Dark 'died' so thats why i'm sad ;_; [/spoiler] anyways, i want this episode to come so badly yet i don't because then i'll definitly need counciling or a hug at least ;___; then i'll either have to watch them over again or wait for the movie to come sad.gif i don't think i can wait that long!!! >___< but i i'll try to contain myself so i won't watch it on youtube (there is'nt any that i can find in sudtitles anyway XD ) *sigh* i'm so hopeless laugh.gif;;
sorry for my rambling anyhoo about the count down...

i'm not tha good at math so i'll write my time down and you math fanatics can figure it on you own tongue.gif
11:43 PM

strong_arm1
Jedi28 : Not one person has commented on the fact that Marcoh got eaten by Gluttony

It didn't really surprise me when envy told ed that in the last episode. Didn't it sort of imply that in a previous episode? You know, where Lust found Marcoh and Gluttony was with her (I can't remember the episode number).
kiori
EEEK! only 15 minutes!! I can't wwwaaaaaaiiiiiittttt!!!!! But I'm sad at the same time. Yay for the manga! something to fill the void after it's over. From what I've heard it's like reading a completley different story once you get about halfway through (I'm only on volume five)
Jedi28
QUOTE(strong_arm1 @ Mar 18 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]365450[/snapback]

Jedi28 : Not one person has commented on the fact that Marcoh got eaten by Gluttony

It didn't really surprise me when envy told ed that in the last episode. Didn't it sort of imply that in a previous episode? You know, where Lust found Marcoh and Gluttony was with her (I can't remember the episode number).

I didn't know. I thought they were just using the maid girl as a hostage to make him talk. In the Manga he's still of use to them so they haven't killed him. Oh well, maybe it's just me. biggrin.gif

ed's numbuh 1 fan- I wanna finish watching DN Angel but I can't get it to come up on YouTube for some reason. I've only seen the first four episodes.
Animeoldtimer
Was that AS disclaimer they just showed always there?
Nepharski
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 18 2006, 09:33 PM) [snapback]365443[/snapback]

So how do you guys think it'll end? Come on, speculate people! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif You know what's odd? Not one person has commented on the fact that Marcoh got eaten by Gluttony. Guess no one liked him in the Anime. He's nearly as bad in the Manga but we don't see him as much. Just recently he met Scar in a sewer (where he was being held by the Homuncui) and he begged Scar to kill him. So perhaps MangaMarcoh will join AnimeMarcoh soon.

I like Marcoh. sad.gif

I've seen this episode on the net. Very good, in my opinion. A nice end to the series, till the movie comes out (I've seen that, too). There's a bunch of things that happen in this episode that you have to remember for the movie, though. I'll say what they are in spoilers after the episode, but suffice to say, it would serve to review the final episode before watching the movie.

[Spoiler]I have mixed feelings towards my favorite character Bradley in this episode. I mean, he does all this kick-awesome stuff like regenerating from the flames and lightning quick reflexs, but when you know who comes through the door...yeah. sleep.gif [/spoiler]

Oh, yeah, one more thing.

*Tries to whistle, but fails.*

Archery Club at the ready!
Jedi28
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 19 2006, 12:02 AM) [snapback]365466[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 18 2006, 09:33 PM) [snapback]365443[/snapback]

I like Marcoh. sad.gif

I've seen this episode on the net. Very good, in my opinion. A nice end to the series, till the movie comes out (I've seen that, too). There's a bunch of things that happen in this episode that you have to remember for the movie, though. I'll say what they are in spoilers after the episode, but suffice to say, it would serve to review the final episode before watching the movie.

[Spoiler]I have mixed feelings towards my favorite character Bradley in this episode. I mean, he does all this kick-awesome stuff like regenerating from the flames and lightning quick reflexs, but when you know who comes through the door...yeah. sleep.gif [/spoiler]

Oh, yeah, one more thing.

*Tries to whistle, but fails.*

Archery Club at the ready!

To the Archery Club: biggrin.gif

[spoiler] HAHAHA YOUR HERO WILL FALL!!!!! And to ONE bullet! WAHAHAHAHAHAH biggrin.gif laugh.gif Okay, just kidding. [/spoiler]
Alchemic Boom
IT WAS MERELY A FLESH WOUND!

...Man I'm actually sad. The Fuhrer, his cute little son and of course Archer...all gone. I'll put myself in fangirl denial right now.

Archer is just an amazing actor. If you look closely during one shot Archer is sneaking away in back. Of course.
Taskinst
Yea it's over !!!!!!!!!!!! In english anyway.. i thought it was so chessey, but i guess because am watchinmg it in english and there's no subtitles
it back on again. damn it
Jedi28
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Mar 19 2006, 12:16 AM) [snapback]365475[/snapback]

NO IT WASN'T! laugh.gif tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
...Aaron Dismuke is such a bad actor. It brings tears to my eyes.
Nepharski
We will never surrender!

Technically speaking, Archer's had a rough day. And if memory serves, it wasn't only ONE bullet.

QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Mar 18 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]365475[/snapback]

Someone needed to say it. happy.gif
Jedi28
Was it more than one bullet? If that's so it raises a new and interesting question.

[spoiler] Roy had no injuries to his eyes when he walked out of the door. He was shot and the bullet grazed his head and caused him to loose his eye. So the question is..... WHO SHOT ROY? Was it Archer? Or was it Riza trying to shoot Archer and one bullet went past him and hit Roy? [/spoiler]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.