Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's The Most Expensive Thing That You Bought...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
FullmetalMagician
What's The most expensive thing that you bought and is still with you??

Mine is...

A gameboy DS...
but if you ask about how much all my yugioh cards are, it's about umn... AUS $300 and counting... lol
strong_arm1
Most expensive thing I've EVER bought?
*THINKING REALLY HARD*
Probably the computer I'm sitting at right now
FullmetalMagician
QUOTE(strong_arm1 @ Mar 18 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]365054[/snapback]

Most expensive thing I've EVER bought?
*THINKING REALLY HARD*
Probably the computer I'm sitting at right now

That's awesome!
U bought a computer!
candymakeudandy
probably my mac which im using right now and its about.... $2000 us happy.gif
HybridAlchemist
The most expensive thing that bought ? with my own money or ur parents? With my own...a candy bar:P
Zarpia
My computer.
Fullmetal19
Same as Hybird i trick my parents into buyin me stuff i tell them ill pay them back and then they forget so i get it for free biggrin.gif
FMA-Freak
Hmmm, maybe my PSP.
Quistis88
My shiny, black Boston upright, and it'll probably be the most expensive item in this thread, unless someone bought a house.
Slashrose1010
I don't have that kinda money to spend sad.gif

But I bought my X Box.... when it became out of date and was going for 150 laugh.gif I kinda wanna play Halo now, but no one here to play with...
edsgirl
A house.
Toby-Chan
I dunno... I usually get people to buy stuff for me using my feminine wiles. laugh.gif (Or just get my mommy and daddy to get things. I never ask for expensive things, though. It makes me uncomfortable.)

I guess.... boots are the things I'd spend the most money on. Since they're nearly impossible to find for low prices.
Carnal Malefactor
Friggin' car insurance... Although I guess that doesn't count as one item. But it was quite expensive.
phoenix dying
my $600 dollar piece of crap car laugh.gif
MasterKris
I don't really spend money much, so it kinda piled up. I guess the most expensive thing I bought was the Japanese version of the anime FMA calendar. IT WAS FRIGGIN' 32 BUCKS! ALL FOR A CALENDAR!
FullmetalMagician
Fullmetal19: Yeh, my mom and dad basically buys all I want, but I buy my monthy manga and some games I really want with my own money...
Chiyo
Probably my laptop, even though it is second hand and has poor memory.
Le Monkey
single item would have to be my current GPU (Graphics card) wich was about £180 (180.00 GBP = 316.189 USD).
but on a whole my pc, wich is about £900 (900.00 GBP = 1,580.94 USD)
I baught this with my own money I got from getting a job.
zombie
$900 on my computer. I saved about $500
My shiny, black Boston upright, and it'll probably be the most expensive item in this thread, unless someone bought a house.

I hope 2 buy my house in 3-4 years
Sharingan Serpent
Diffinatly the Manga's and Dvd's I buy dry.gif

No wait it would have to be the laptop I got for Christmas
Water Achemist
um the most expensice thing I've ever bought myself is probably my digital camera...
HybridAlchemist
i never spend to much money, i make my parents buy me evrything
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(HybridAlchemist @ Mar 19 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]365692[/snapback]

brat. dry.gif
Ailuro
I'm too money conscious to actually buy something expensive. The only time I'd spend money is if it will last a really long time and I'd use it for a long time, or for food.
Zarpia
Food! I spend money on that laugh.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Greeneyes Alchemist @ Mar 19 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]365618[/snapback]

Diffinatly the Manga's and Dvd's I buy dry.gif

No wait it would have to be the laptop I got for Christmas

Well you idnt buy that did you?
as you got it for Xmas?

QUOTE(Void @ Mar 19 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]365697[/snapback]

brat. dry.gif

*Grumbles
Well I guess most of us had parents who did that for a little while..
but still.. *Grumbles some more about money
HybridAlchemist
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 19 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]365697[/snapback]

brat. dry.gif

QUOTE(le monkey)

*Grumbles
Well I guess most of us had parents who did that for a little while..
but still.. *Grumbles some more about money

Yes,Yes im a brat, Im spoiled. Deal wif it
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(HybridAlchemist @ Mar 19 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]365716[/snapback]

Not my fault my parents love me and buys me almost everything

You're still a spoiled little shit.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 19 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]365697[/snapback]

brat. dry.gif

But I'm not? .___.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(HybridAlchemist @ Mar 19 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]365716[/snapback]

Yes,Yes im a brat, Im spoiled. Deal wif it

O.o....
Well to be more acurate, your parents spoil you like hell..
Lucky you for having rich parents then..

and as a sub note, Please spell preoperly and avoid the Txt Speak, Thank you.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 19 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]365718[/snapback]

Bah, that is ridiculous. I wouldn't even want my parents to buy me much. Hell, I feel bad asking my parents for like, 5 bucks to go get stuff to eat with friends, which is literally like once or twice a year.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
My college education.

I'll be paying that back until the day I die or the day I win the lottery whichever comes first.
Carnal Malefactor
I've been paying for anything that's not food for myself, pretty much since I was 15, so you can understand why I'd be bitter.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 19 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]365725[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ Mar 19 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]365718[/snapback]

Bah, that is ridiculous. I wouldn't even want my parents to buy me much. Hell, I feel bad asking my parents for like, 5 bucks to go get stuff to eat with friends, which is literally like once or twice a year.

Well I hate asking parents for money, I have been buying all my stuff except from Bday and Xmas presents to me since I first got a job, I think I was 15 or 16 ishy..
Its never going to do you any good you know Hybrid to have everything baught for you.. you will never lern the value of money untill you dont have parents paying for everything.. Then, my my my, you WILL have a shock..
Ailuro
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 19 2006, 10:46 AM) [snapback]365725[/snapback]

Same. It's only when my parents buy birthday or christmas presents that I accept it. Or when my mother insists on buying something like clothes for me. But even then I feel guilty and tell them not to buy me much.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 19 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]365736[/snapback]

Same. It's only when my parents buy birthday or christmas presents that I accept it. Or when my mother insists on buying something like clothes for me. But even then I feel guilty and tell them not to buy me much.

Heh. That's kind of how I am. Except I feel wierd even accepting presents, since I usually don't ask for much and get bigger things at times. Like last year when my stepdad got some sort of cell phone package for the whole family, I felt so wierd about it. I was feeling like, 'Well... I don't really need this. I didn't really want one... I could live without one... were these expensive?...'

And it's just always sort of been the same routine while shopping with mom. I've never really gotten allowance. (We tried it for a brief period, then my stepdad lost his job, and that kinda dwindled out.)
Zarpia
I pretty much start buying think for my self when I first work at 15-16, the only think they bought me was clothes, shoes, and necessary thinks. I have bought all my games, systems and any of that stuff.
They only thinks I get free, or that they bought me are presents for my birthday.
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Mar 19 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback]365726[/snapback]

My college education.

I'll be paying that back until the day I die or the day I win the lottery whichever comes first.

ohmy.gif Sounds like you got quite a deal there.
Luckily all the the people that play the lottery are paying for my college education. Fools! Mwuaaah hahahah!
Quistis88
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 19 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]365736[/snapback]

I am that way as well. I feel guilty asking for money, and whenever my mother gives me spending money, I always shove at least half of it back at her. She doesn't like that. mellow.gif It's not like I have anything to buy anyway, and I never ask my parents for anything that money can buy, even if I don't ask much of them in this regard to begin with.
FullmetalMagician
I just let my mom borrow my money if she's sorta broke... I don't care if she borrows aus$100 or more... cus I owe her alot!

P.S. Thanks for the people who kept on posting on my thread! I know I'm a loser, but I'm just thanksing you peeps!! lol
zombie
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 20 2006, 04:19 AM) [snapback]365728[/snapback]

I've been paying for anything that's not food for myself, pretty much since I was 15, so you can understand why I'd be bitter.

Letís see. I have been doing that for over 4 years. The money I get from the government my mum gets. And a lot of my pay form my job will go 2 her so I cant see what youíre bitching about.
andyface
yeah as others have said university education is probably the most expenisve thing i've had to pay for, other than that my computer collectively cost me about £600
animefreak_zzz
well...the most expansive thing i bought for myself are...
anime artbooks..haha..S$600 in total...
other than that..i'm pretty frugal....
but my mum still insists on buying clothes for me sssoo...haha smile.gif
yeah...i'm still pretty spoilt/pampered/bratty...
i seldom ask them for extra money though... laugh.gif
biggest fan eva
we i have 2 say des volstgolph 3800$ on ebay u collect yu-gi-oh cards right i have about a 10000$ collection my mom buys me anything and i just bought the original soundtrackto fullmetal alchemist for 100$
black_dragon_Miyoko
hmm, that would be paying the mechanic to fix my car multiple times....
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(biggest fan eva @ Mar 26 2006, 12:42 AM) [snapback]369406[/snapback]

we i have 2 say des volstgolph 3800$ on ebay u collect yu-gi-oh cards right i have about a 10000$ collection my mom buys me anything and i just bought the original soundtrackto fullmetal alchemist for 100$

...I... take it that English isn't your first language...?
animefreak_zzz
@Bacon: were you trying to put it in the nicest way..or were you simply as flabbergasted as i am? laugh.gif

haha...i couln't read that either...what does it mean...i wonder.. blink.gif huh.gif
Sin Of Envy
No bloody idea, I think PS2....
Took me two years to get enough money....
Xx_my_gun_shot_romance_xX
well the other day i bought a pair of pants for $168.64!!!!! and it only took me 5 days to save up.....(and no i dont have a job im only 12)
MonsterEnvy
A pair of pants? blink.gif
must have been absurdly nice, but still...
Probably my computer (though my parents paid for some of it)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.