Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Would Your Life Be Like If You Never Became Addicted To Fma?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
CowAlchemist
What would YOUR life be like if you never became addicted to FMA?
(anime and manga)

I've always wondered about this.

What TV shows would I like?
What books would I read?
Who would I obsess over? (couldn't be Ed if I never saw FMA)
What would happen to the $225 I spent on FMA stuff?
What would my personality be?
What would my thoughts be?
Would I be happier or sadder?

All of these questions are affected by if I had not ever watched FMA.

Odd, when you think about it.

PS: Thank you Bre for showing me FMA. If you hadn't, I don't know WHERE I'd be right now.

Sooooooooooooo....

What would YOUR life be like if you never became addicted to FMA?
Ailuro
I'd probably be able to get so many more things done.
Undeadkitten
I'd bve much more depressed, sinc ethe equivlant exchange phrase is my coping mantra...

plus I would not have any 'spoldy role models to inspire me when i think i;ve done everything I possibly can with fireworks.
SCARED4LIFE
Oh my........i have never thought of such a deppressing thing...lol XD.
Hmm.........i never really thought about. Im going to have to think about that.....i'll probly be a bit richer, i'd be addicted to my 2nd fav anime , and i wouldn't be typing , now would i.
FullmetalMagician
I would love yugioh forever and like ms. Ailuro said, I'll get more things done!
strong_arm1
More of a social life on saturday nights probably...(you know, actually being able to go/stay at parties on saturdays) biggrin.gif

BTW, FMA isn't going to have any more new episodes after this saturday. Oh well, I'm sure the problems will still plague me anyways:
sitting with friends, someone says something that rhymes with alchemist, or the name Ed, Al, etc...hands start shaking uncontrollably, runs to the door, drives to my apartment, watches 2 hours straight of series on DVD.

FullmetalMagician
Yeh, I read that thing about fma at a yugioh site...
But here in australia, it's still in eps. 43 so 8 more episodes left and it's finished! T-T
Anyway, strong arm1 wanna be in my friend's list?

okok...

I would love yugioh forever and like ms. Ailuro said, I'll get more things done!
lol
Emi-chan
QUOTE(FullmetalMagician @ Mar 17 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]364467[/snapback]

But here in australia, it's still in eps. 43 so 8 more episodes left and it's finished! T-T

Only 8? T_T I s'pose they'll rerun it afterwards, like they did with Inuyasha. Then they'll replace it with a newer anime T_T T_T
strong_arm1
FullmetalMagician: Anyway, strong arm1 wanna be in my friend's list?

Sure, go ahead and add me. smile.gif

FullmetalMagician: But here in australia, it's still in eps. 43 so 8 more episodes left and it's finished! T-T

What station carries FMA there then? (I'm assuming its not CN, otherwise wouldn't they show it on the same schedule more or less)
AlphonseRules
I wouldn't be watching any anime.

I don't think that I would get anything else done. I would just waste my time on something else. Thus is the life of a procrastinator.
FullmetalMagician
QUOTE(strong_arm1 @ Mar 18 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]365001[/snapback]

FullmetalMagician: Anyway, strong arm1 wanna be in my friend's list?

Sure, go ahead and add me. smile.gif

FullmetalMagician: But here in australia, it's still in eps. 43 so 8 more episodes left and it's finished! T-T

What station carries FMA there then? (I'm assuming its not CN, otherwise wouldn't they show it on the same schedule more or less)

Adult swim Australia; cartoon network...

and i'll add u now!
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
My life would be so boring as h*ll, its not even funny.
FullMetal Shrimp
Without Full Metal Alchemist, I never would have seriously considered becoming a manga artist. THANK YOU FULL METAL ALCHEMIST!!! happy.gif
InsaneFangirl
I'd fall in love with REAL guys. XD

I wouldn't like any sort of anime, sense it was FMA I loved first.

I wouldn't mention Equivalent Exchange so often.

I'd never clap my hands and hit them on things.

I wouldn't pay attention to news about the milatary.

I wouldn't draw.

I'd hardly write, sense I took up fanfictions, my first form of writing, because of FMA.

These are only a few.
ACE1988_3
My life would be empty, longe nights siting on the couch waching Akira over and over and over agin and maybe cowboy bebop.Im not saying thats a bad thing or anything like that. smile.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I would have two less costumes in my cosplay wardrobe.
Petalchaser
i wouldn't have met derrick... hmmm... that in itself was a good reason for watching FMA. I might have still been an inuyasha addict... I ight not have studied alchemy and most likely i would have a lot less fanarts...
FullmetalMagician
QUOTE(Emi-chan @ Mar 18 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]364896[/snapback]

QUOTE(FullmetalMagician @ Mar 17 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]364467[/snapback]

Only 8? T_T I s'pose they'll rerun it afterwards, like they did with Inuyasha. Then they'll replace it with a newer anime T_T T_T

lol, sorry I justa replied to yer post today, but anyway...

I think It'll end next week, but Imma not sure, I watch it at 12 not at 11

They might rerun it, but I wash they wouldn't replace it yet, if they do, I wanna watch get backers or witch hunter robin!
andyface
if i hadn't become addicted to fma i would have had many nights of doing very little, but i would also not feel lost after watching the series again and then the film, kinda feel like i've woken froma very cool dream and wish it was real. is that a little weird???
Mr.Falman
FullmetalMagician
ok, Imma gonna post agen...
if I haven't been addicted to fma, I would be still dueling, being addicted to yugioh, saving 4kids' butts, being teased by my friends that i'm gonna marry yugi, not surf the net much, no clue what the blonde haired guy's name is in fma *which is ed* and haven't known if he's a she or if she's a he...
mei_tenshi
mei would be reading more, writing more, drawing realism more, listening to non-anime music more...and probably spend less time with her sister, since a significant portion of our bonding time comes out of watching anime together and discussing it afterwards.

She would also not be compelled to join a certain anime-oriented forum.
HagarenFanGirl
Wow, what a depressing thought. I guess I wouldn't be into anime, I wouldn't draw fan art or write fan fic, and I wouldn't have a reason to get up in the morning. That pretty much sums it up.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I probably would not have liked anime overall. I would have probably gotten into other animes.
Sin Of Envy
I would stay addicted to Spiral [although I still love it] and start taking piano classes....
FullmetalMagician
Is spiral cool? I've heard it to some friend of mine, and they said it's awesome, but I have no idea what that show is about... Is it about spiral stuff??

if I haven't been addicted to fma, I would be still dueling, being addicted to yugioh, saving 4kids' butts, being teased by my friends that i'm gonna marry yugi, not surf the net much, no clue what the blonde haired guy's name is in fma *which is ed* and haven't known if he's a she or if she's a he...
Molecular Alchemist
*scratches head* Well, one thing's for sure...i'd have more money than I do now laugh.gif

That, and I'd probably be more sane...concidering that it opened a door that I long closed...I hadn't watched anime in years until i stumbled across FMA that boring, rainy Saturday nite. Since then....i can't focus unless I have my anime and/pr manga...i swear..i'm reverting back to how i was when i was a freshman in college..... ohmy.gif Correction....it's worse, because this time I can't quote the anime for my bio classes and whatnot...I'm sure that no one in molecular bio wants a paper with references/quotes from FMA or Eva...hahaha!!! rolleyes.gif Actually, i might actually have gotten more studying done these past couple of months if it weren't for FMA....dammit...haha

Also, it's made me revive my j-pop/anime music addiction...which died (or so i thought) years ago...so i guess it was just comatose tongue.gif

And I wouldn't have meet such great people here...and spent such fun times here....which, coincidently, also takes up my study time.

*looks back at post* Yeah...so....err....when i flunk outta school....I'm totally blaming it on FMA XD (not my own weakness)
Pipsqueaks RULE
Ok, now I'm back cool.gif My number one thing to say: If I hadn't gotten into Fullmetal, I wouldn't be obsessing over the Japanese language!!! First, I got into the English version of the show, and then my parents decided to cut our cable. Well I had to keep watching somehow so my friend agreed to send me the Japanese episodes. The episodes had Romanji for their opening and closing songs, so I started to figure out how to sing them. I memorized one and thought it was so cool and realized that Japanese is a beautiful/fun language biggrin.gif I've always been a language/art person. I started to check out books about Japanese at the library(this was last summer). I wanted to know more about the language. Soon school was about to start again. 3 months later, I was still raving about Japanese, so someone asked me, "why don't you take it at BCC?" I mean, I was so interested in it and it was too late to get into my high school Japanese class. So I decided to, and I'm still crazy about it smile.gif

blink.gif Ok, other differences...

Wow, clapping your hands and hitting them on things!!! I thought I was the only one who did that!! laugh.gif

So my art style would not have improved as much as it did! Fullmetal taught me a lot about drawing. biggrin.gif Also, I wouldn't know what alchemy is, lol! blink.gif Oh, Yugioh, hehe *cough* I went through that phase... unsure.gif (but the Fullmetal style is cooler tongue.gif ) I probably wouldn't be watching any other anime either. Again with the procrastination...yeah I'd probably find something else. I wouldn't annoy people as much wink.gif I wouldn't mention Equivalent Exchange as much either LOL. I wouldn't be able to say that I have actually read manga and pretty much completely liked it and thought it was hilarious. biggrin.gif Hurray for Fullmetal manga! And I wouldn't have memories of that night I started watching Fullmetal for the first time...oh those were the days, LOL. "There's this weird kid on this show...Wow, how yellow his hair is...What an interesting anime style, I've never seen anything like it. I think my friend watches this...does she?? huh.gif What is this kid's name? Hm...he has a funny smile. He looks kinda devious...That's cool. COOL! He does back flips!! I'm loving the way he fights smile.gif Hm...why did he do that when that guy called him short?? blink.gif What a weirdo! OOOOOOOOOOOOOH look at that!! He's getting beat up!! Ooooooooh he's bleeding! Mm this is fun, I'm gonna have to watch it tomorrow too! cool.gif " (The first ep I saw was a lab 5 episode) (And no I...well I actually do get excited when Ed gets hurt, but...that doesn't mean I don't love him happy.gif)

Later smile.gif
Damascus
Well, I already knew about alchemy and the Philosopher's Stone before FMA.... *think* dry.gif

I think I just wouldn't be into anime, cause it was so FMA that got me hooked. ^.^
Pipsqueaks RULE
QUOTE(andyface @ Mar 23 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]368139[/snapback]

if i hadn't become addicted to fma i would have had many nights of doing very little, but i would also not feel lost after watching the series again and then the film, kinda feel like i've woken froma very cool dream and wish it was real. is that a little weird???

Nooooooooo that is not weird. I feel like that a lot. Mostly when I spend way too much time obsessing over Fullmetal, and then it's like, well NOW what do I do? Then I feel sad and lonely and wishing that...well in my case, wishing that Ed and Al were real, lol. Or just....wanting more somehow. Sigh....that's why I really want to see the movie, yet I don't want to. Cause when I do...I'll be depressed that it's over unsure.gif Hm, it's like...Fullmetal makes me feel really good and bad at the same time blink.gif But I guess that's just the price, LOL, equivalent exchange and all. smile.gif Fullmetal has been a benefit to me. However, that loneliness, that sad and lost feeling has been the price to pay (not to mention how I use Fullmetal in my continuous attempts to procrastinate lol blink.gif ).
Chibka
I have no idea what I would do with my time... Hm... well, I have actually thought about it before, but indtead of FMA I wonder what my life would be like without manga or anime. Then I thought about it the other day and it hit me: I shouldn't worry about it at all. It was obviously unavoidable and God's Will at most. If it was God's Will then it was unavoidable. Just love how the Lord formed your life. smile.gif
Keoni
QUOTE(Pipsqueaks RULE @ Mar 27 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]370364[/snapback]

QUOTE(andyface @ Mar 23 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]368139[/snapback]

Nooooooooo that is not weird. I feel like that a lot. Mostly when I spend way too much time obsessing over Fullmetal, and then it's like, well NOW what do I do? Then I feel sad and lonely and wishing that...well in my case, wishing that Ed and Al were real, lol. Or just....wanting more somehow. Sigh....that's why I really want to see the movie, yet I don't want to. Cause when I do...I'll be depressed that it's over unsure.gif Hm, it's like...Fullmetal makes me feel really good and bad at the same time blink.gif But I guess that's just the price, LOL, equivalent exchange and all. smile.gif Fullmetal has been a benefit to me. However, that loneliness, that sad and lost feeling has been the price to pay (not to mention how I use Fullmetal in my continuous attempts to procrastinate lol blink.gif ).

Definately not! Well maybe just a little wink.gif But you're not the only one who feels like that. That justifies it, don't you think?
( And there I was thinking I am the only one who felt like that. biggrin.gif)

Anyway, if there was no FMA I'd still be watching Gundam Wing and I wouldn't spend my time fangirling to all my friends ( "Give it a rest allready!" )Owh not to mention my bankacount would look a lot nicer.
Dark Alchemist Sakura
I would stop annoying my friends with random quotes from Fullmetal alchemist. laugh.gif

My mom wouldn't be after me for liking a blonde and for those "satanic" transmutation circles.

I would be able to spend more time diverging into more anime other than this.... My money goes mainly into FMA now.... I have the hardest time saving up for other stuff such as Angel Sanctuary, Loveless, Paradise Kiss, NANA, let's see..... yeah....

I would still be addicted to Inuyasha...,. *stabs herself* I, no offense to IY lovers, absulotely hate that show now.

I would not be considering martial arts.... yes.... now I REALLY want martial arts....

And I would not be using equivalant trade to justify everything that goes on in my life.... biggrin.gif There's my life story of FMA to you laugh.gif

Oh yeah, did I mention I would have never considered chemistry as a major?
Sin Of Envy
QUOTE(FullmetalMagician @ Mar 26 2006, 11:38 PM) [snapback]370052[/snapback]

Is spiral cool? I've heard it to some friend of mine, and they said it's awesome, but I have no idea what that show is about... Is it about spiral stuff??

It's awesome sort of detective story but only 25 episodes and bad ending...
I was addicted to Yu-Gi-Oh before too, crazy about Bakura and over 500 cards.....
I'm glad it's over...
Aleesha Elric
I'd probably be pretty much the same really, because I was exactly Ed all my life, so not really that much different, alot more bored though
Edsrhimp
I'd be obssessed over Sonic the Hedgehog still...P:
Pipsqueaks RULE
QUOTE(Dark Alchemist Sakura @ Mar 31 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]372031[/snapback]

I would stop annoying my friends with random quotes from Fullmetal alchemist. laugh.gif

My mom wouldn't be after me for liking a blonde and for those "satanic" transmutation circles.

I would be able to spend more time diverging into more anime other than this.... My money goes mainly into FMA now.... I have the hardest time saving up for other stuff such as Angel Sanctuary, Loveless, Paradise Kiss, NANA, let's see..... yeah....

I would still be addicted to Inuyasha...,. *stabs herself* I, no offense to IY lovers, absulotely hate that show now.

I would not be considering martial arts.... yes.... now I REALLY want martial arts....

And I would not be using equivalant trade to justify everything that goes on in my life.... biggrin.gif There's my life story of FMA to you laugh.gif

Oh yeah, did I mention I would have never considered chemistry as a major?

laugh.gif Wow, FMA has really been an influence in your life! Pretty cool. Power to blonds(although contradictory to me being in love with Edo, I actually prefer black hair (but I don't like Roy!)), and alchemy, and chemistry, and anti-IY, and sweet martial arts, and equivalent exchange that's really made me think too! I used to watch Inuyasha till I lost cable...but since I got into Fullmetal, I realized that FMA is a cooler show, and IY is just...eh. Somethings I like about it, like the talk about discrimination, but it's not all that great (and Kagome's dub voice----!! Bad, bad, bad, lol).
FMAchicka
well...... i wouldn't annoy my sis by talking about these types of shows all the time....i wouldn't get in trouble for being on the coputerso much(watching anime)
FullmetalMagician
QUOTE(Sin Of Envy @ Apr 1 2006, 02:07 AM) [snapback]372107[/snapback]

QUOTE(FullmetalMagician @ Mar 26 2006, 11:38 PM) [snapback]370052[/snapback]

It's awesome sort of detective story but only 25 episodes and bad ending...
I was addicted to Yu-Gi-Oh before too, crazy about Bakura and over 500 cards.....
I'm glad it's over...

Lol, I'm still watching yugioh and playing the game. I still have the duelist of the roses game which is so old! heheh
Yami Yugi is better than bakura but Ed tops them all!!
Shell
I don't know I'd probably be richer because I spend a lot of money on FMA but I would also probably feel like something's missing! unsure.gif sad.gif This is a depressing topic! But at least we all know about it!

Bahamut Zero
i dont know, actually *_*
probably becuz i've just become a FMA addicted !
for my experience, i think that if i'd never become an Evangelion addicted a part of my personality would never have bloomed, so i think it's gonna be the same for FMA smile.gif
Migchao
I'd be in hell.
Smoke Alchemist
I would be single and probably sitting on the couch eating or sleeping LOL!
Roy-Riz-fan
Three main things would happen
1.There will be no reason to be watching anime as much as usual
2.Half of my personality would've been different
3.I would lose my dignity

Living a life without FMA will be the worst.
Grand Arcanum
yea i would have probably fallen back on yu-gi-oh by working on my deck or something. i would have more free time on my hands so i would probably be spending that by playing video games. i got matrix path of neo for xmas and still haven't played it yet. i would be...dare i say...STUDYING MORE!!
Explosive Alchemist
We will really never know the answer to that question, will we? ph34r.gif
ROY'S FRIEND
OH CRUD! My life would be as boring as HELL!! if i never got obsessed with FMA then i probably would never have anything to talk about!! And i wouldn't have met all these great friends i made! I guess you could say that my life with FMA has reached 100% but if i never got obsessed with it then my life would be 40%!! dry.gif jeez..my life would be HELL OF ALOT boring..

im SOOO glad im OBSESSED with FMA Tho!! happy.gif
No_One
It's hard to know. And it hurts to think of but I would never have bought all 13 manga-books last week in Japan (yah they're in Japanese, how cool is that!?)
I wouldn't have randomly used "All is one and one is all" as a concluiton in biology.
I would have a hard time doing creative writing in English. (I bace my main charicter(s) off Ed. I'v even went as far as to write a fan-fic for class!)
I wouldn't have any thing to day dream about when I'm realy bord. Interestingly enough I would spend more time being bord.
I would have no reason to keep Saturday nights free.
I wouldn't clap my hands and atempt alchamy.
I wouldn't take a kick at people for calling me short (wich hapins a lot)
I would probly be between South Park and Inu Yasha as my curent obsetion, I might have even have *shuders at the thought* reverted back to Yu-Gi-Oh
You know now that I think about it I can't see how I ever got along with out FMA! It is now one of the main things that keep me going...I don't know what I'd do with out it!
CowAlchemist
Tina < 3 FMA.
r315razor
What would happen if I never became "addicted" to FMA...... Well this goes for everyone, and any choice that anyone makes. It would rip open a whole in the space-time continueum. Life is pre-decided, if you were to somehow think of someway to do something different than what was supposed to happen, then the universe would end.

@_@ ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.