Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Believe In The Supernatural?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Popogeejo
Sounds like BS to me.
Sharingan Serpent
I kinda believe in the supernatural like Demons and all laugh.gif Especially the youkai
MeLRizA
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jun 5 2006, 10:14 PM) [snapback]406325[/snapback]

Sounds like BS to me.

I know I'm dumb.. but what's a "BS"? huh.gif
Sharingan Serpent
I think it means Bull S___ you know laugh.gif

MeLRizA
QUOTE(Greeneyes Alchemist @ Jun 5 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]406331[/snapback]

I think it means Bull S___ you know laugh.gif

huh.gif o.. k.. I wouldn't say my mom or classmate BS.. They really experienced it..
Ok, I understand the fact that they were the ones experiencing it but not me.. rolleyes.gif sad fact, the stories are true
Popogeejo
How are they true? Did you see anyone get possesed?
Do you have any video/photo evidence of the event?
quiddityofquid
My friend once had a picture of an orb of white light in the window of a house where supposedly someone died a long time ago. The orb wasn't there if you just looked at the house, but showed up clearly in the photograph. There are a lot of people who say souls become orbs of energy or something when they die, and that's what those are, but I think its probably some light trick of some sort.
asunder
QUOTE(quiddityofquid @ Jun 5 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]406419[/snapback]

My friend once had a picture of an orb of white light in the window of a house where supposedly someone died a long time ago. The orb wasn't there if you just looked at the house, but showed up clearly in the photograph. There are a lot of people who say souls become orbs of energy or something when they die, and that's what those are, but I think its probably some light trick of some sort.

probably saturation of ligt / reflecting of sunlight on the window....
are people really amazed by simple tricks like that? I have some real estate in florida that they might be interested in.
Ice Blizzard
Im pretty sure the supernatural dont exist....
Some people in the 70's were probally high and thought they saw something supernatural blink.gif
quiddityofquid
@ asu It was night-time. But yes, people are, which is why my friend kept the photo and showeed it to people, to make fun of some website that had pictures like that on it.
Kitty Alchemist
I believe in Supernatural, ghost and all that stuff.
Y'all might think I'm crazy but I use to live in a house that was hunted when I was three and I always talk to all the ghosts that come in my room.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(quiddityofquid @ Jun 5 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]406427[/snapback]

@ asu It was night-time.

It was probably the flash then.
asunder
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jun 5 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]406430[/snapback]

QUOTE(quiddityofquid @ Jun 5 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]406427[/snapback]

@ asu It was night-time.

It was probably the flash then.

It's as if people have never taken pictures before -___-

zomg i believe in the supernatural....look! everyone has RED eyes....
Sharingan Serpent
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jun 5 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]406335[/snapback]

Wasn't the exorcisium of Emily Rose baed on a true story Popo?

/)/)
(. .)
(> )
cOO
alchemist x
key word "BASED"
Popogeejo
Alchey X speaks the truth. Just because a film is based on a true story doesn't mean squat.
The film Chivago claims to be true but it wasn't. Then you have to wonder to what degree is it true. Is it the basic event, the basic story or a faith re-telling of an actual event.

The film the Exorcist is based on actual events. Some boy in middle America appeared to be possesed. Two preiss went through the Exorsism(sp?) but if you look at the case files it could easily be the kid pulling a fast one.
Sharingan Serpent
Oh Okay I get it now laugh.gif

/)/)
( ..)
(nn)
c00
Popogeejo
/)/)
( ..)
(nn)
c00

Stop doing that damn bunny, Greeny.

(\_/)(\_/)
(0.0)(__)
(UU)( O )

Bunny's suck. Kirby is better (>")> <("<)
Sharingan Serpent
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jun 5 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]406595[/snapback]

/)/)
( ..)
(nn)
c00

Stop doing that damn bunny, Greeny.

(\_/)(\_/)
(0.0)(__)
(UU)( O )

Bunny's suck. Kirby is better (>")> <("<)

But the bunny is cute sad.gif What's wrong with the bunny...?

/)/)
( ..)
(nn)
c00
Popogeejo
It's god damned Spam. If you like it then stick it in your sig. Stop inserting it in every post. mad.gif
Sharingan Serpent
Is that better Void the second?
alchemist x
Yeah, and kirby IS better...lol anyway.

Yeah it all comes down to the blairwitch project... Nobody believed it and if they did they are crazy psyco people. And every story is basically like that. <i think but im probably wrong. but i do know they are all fake. Hm.
Drina
I believe in a supernatural... not... that anyone cares. :\

But I think of it as more... wondering souls? There's definately something else on this planet with us, though. Whether it be a higher being, undeparted beings, demons, whatever. There's definately something. I think.

But then again, it could all be in our heads, ya know?

Kind of like a self righteous thing, eh? But I won't go there. I don't want to upset anyone. happy.gif
quiddityofquid
I missed this arguement by a bit, but she wasn't using the flash, and (I quote) "there was no reflection from any light in that window."
Popogeejo
Can you show us a scan of it then?
quiddityofquid
I don't have the picture, if I remember tomorrow I can ask my friend if she still has it and she can send it to me. But there are plenty of pictures like it on the internet. It's nothing special, just one of those during which I was present.
MeLRizA
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jun 5 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]406335[/snapback]

... I wasn't around.. I was only 1 after the burglar incident and my friend is not a local (never been to her house)..

Hmm.. I hide under the seats while watching scary movies (waste of money) and I don't think I would wanna see a video of my friend's cousin being possessed..

Internet ghost stories and pics? You can try www.sfogs.com, captured live!!
PS : Its a Singapore based website, lots of seeings..
Miriamele

I agree with Chemist that supernatural events are just natural events that we don't know how to explain. This has always happened...in ancient days people didn't have the scientific knowledge to explain thunder and lightening, both perfectly natural, physical events...so they used stories about angry gods to explain it to themselves. I think it's the same today. We are able to explain most of what we see through science, but our knowledge is not perfect yet and sometimes there are things we can't explain. It doesn't mean we should automatically assume ghosts or demons are the only reasonable explanatin.

As for people who say they actually saw ghosts walking around their house...I think there is a good possibility they were dreaming or imagining things. Or making it up. It's no secret that some people make things up to get attention. I just can't beleive such wild stories without hard scientific evidence.
Sharingan Serpent
I keep haering rumors that theres a ghost of a butler running round Edindrugh's castel and other events too...really creepy... blink.gif
Toby-Chan
I think there are cases in which there is some truth to seeing ghosts and other such apparitions. When a person dies, the energy of their life doesn't just go nowhere. It might leave behind traces and imprints upon its environment, and we might process it as a sentient presence.
alchemist x
I just realized. If there is the super natural then there is no god because the idea of wandering spirits and such goes completely agains the bible and stuff exept for some special cases. (well i think it does, but not sure)

Anyway it doesnt really matter because i dont belive in either.
Sharingan Serpent
^^ Really then what do you believe? blink.gif
quiddityofquid
Actually, it doesn't go against the bible I think, or at least it doesn't enough so that mysticism can have its dybbuks... Besides that would only be going against one story of God. The most widely accepted interpretation in my country, yes but only one.
asunder
QUOTE(quiddityofquid @ Jun 7 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]407876[/snapback]

Actually, it doesn't go against the bible I think, or at least it doesn't enough so that mysticism can have its dybbuks... Besides that would only be going against one story of God. The most widely accepted interpretation in my country, yes but only one.

What's a "dybbuks"? (seriously)
quiddityofquid
A dybbuk is a soul that was so bad that it was refused both heaven and hell (the Jewish type- hell is something like 'looking upon the light of God' which both hurts and cleanses bad souls apparently...); they could have commited suicide or something of that sort. They turn into a sphere of energy and are harrassed by two evil spirits (all days except Saturday) until they can posses someone, usually when that person has bad thoughts. Once they posses that person they form a lump on the person somewhere and can speak. Then a rabbi who's been trained in mysticism can come and recite names forwards and backwards and exorcize it, and then the person is back to normal, and the dybbuk is 'cleansed' and can stop being a dybbuk.
Or at least so I've read. They also apparently don't like garlic.

And I'm not making this up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dybbuk
MonsterEnvy
Incidentally... responding to a few pages back.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose was based on a true story, and, given the movie is quite different from real life. However, the true story is perhaps even more strange. I did some research on it after watching the movie with my sister, and Anneliese Michelle (the real 'Emily Rose') showed no signs of any known medical illness even after an autopsy (this was only thirty years ago, so we can assume the methods of detection to be relatively accurate.) She only showed symptoms, with no causes, and even went as far as to accurately predict the hour of her death. It's all very strange, and not entirely unexplainable, but still makes one wonder.

I, of course, continue to be unswayed in my agno-atheist point of view (for those of you unfammiliar, unsure edging on disbelief) but I thought that it did deserve a bit of mention.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Greeneyes Alchemist @ Jun 7 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]407635[/snapback]

Monty Python.. Simply.. tongue.gif
alchemist x
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Jun 12 2006, 12:52 AM) [snapback]410668[/snapback]

QUOTE(Greeneyes Alchemist @ Jun 7 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]407635[/snapback]

Monty Python.. Simply.. tongue.gif

XD yepperz

Actually im agnostic. soo i dont know yet. dry.gif
000_neji
I don't believe in supernatural but I enjoy watching them on movies...happy.gif
TheSnig
i dont believe in that kind of thing because it mkes no sense.
esrz22
I do not believe in the supernatural at this time. However, if I were to be shown evidence that strongly suggests the supernatural to be existant, I would believe.
Amol
I dont belive in supernatural .... i think people just make up stuff and tell it...
but like 000_neji , i like to see the movies .... they are preety interesting !
Le Monkey
I thaught this died.. Havnt seen this since before my Bday.. Oo

And no, there are no ghosties or ghoulies!
Just peoples over active imaginations
DantElric
I think there are spirits among us , but not ghoulies or zombies or whatever. My aunt has certainly had enough experiences, and I don't think she tells those stories just for the fun of it. blink.gif
Nepharski
Yes, there could certainly be unexplainable or paranormal phenomenon, and it hasn't been unheard of for people to try and tap into it. For example, I caught the beginning of a documentary about experiments that the Soviet Union did into psychic energies and processes. Didn't catch if they were successful, but it remains that they tried.
Miss Sweet
Naw. I think that everything has a logical explaination; you just have to find it.
Amol
QUOTE(Miss Sweet @ Nov 13 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]473032[/snapback]
Naw. I think that everything has a logical explaination; you just have to find it.

I dont think there exists a logical reason or explanation for supernaturals !

000_neji
Hmmm...there are somethings that cannot be explained by this things,you won't believe if you haven't experienced something like in my part,i don't believe because i never saw one...
Le Monkey
QUOTE(000_neji @ Nov 15 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]473687[/snapback]
Hmmm...there are somethings that cannot be explained by this things,you won't believe if you haven't experienced something like in my part,i don't believe because i never saw one...

There will be some people who will find logic and reasoning behind anything they experience reguardless of how odd or suposedly supernatural it is, they will find a reason behind it that will satisfy them.
Some people require to have everything explained, nothing a mystery and everything with proof.
Amol
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Nov 15 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]473697[/snapback]
QUOTE(000_neji @ Nov 15 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]473687[/snapback]

There will be some people who will find logic and reasoning behind anything they experience reguardless of how odd or suposedly supernatural it is, they will find a reason behind it that will satisfy them.
Some people require to have everything explained, nothing a mystery and everything with proof.

Yea thats right.

But i tend to find a reason behind things first and than belive in it.
Or else i have to see it to belive it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.